- The Hill 02:17July 1, 2022On The Money — Higher food, gas prices cut into consumer spendingAmericans are spending more money on the whole, but they got less with it in May as inflation kept rising. We’ll also look at a potential revival of some of President Biden’s economic agenda and a brutal month for the stock market. But first, catch up on Biden’s Group of Seven and NATO meetings here. Welcome...
< Overnight Finance, Finance, Policy, Consumer Prices, consumer spending, Food prices, gas prices, inflation, oil production, Reconciliation, Stock Market >
- Breitbart News 02:14July 1, 2022Joe Biden Insists He Will Not Beg Saudi Arabia to Produce More OilPresident Joe Biden refused Thursday to ask Saudi Arabia to produce more oil to bring down the cost of gasoline in the United States and around the world.
< National Security, Politics, Gas Prices, Joe Biden, Middle East, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine >
- Breitbart News 17:29June 30, 2022Joe Biden: Drivers Must Pay More for Gas 'As Long as It Takes' to Stop Vladimir PutinPresident Joe Biden said Thursday that American drivers should be prepared to pay more for gasoline until Russian President Vladimir was defeated in Ukraine.
< London / Europe, Politics, Gas Prices, Joe Biden, Vladimir Putin >
- Business Insider 16:56June 29, 2022An Uber driver says she more than doubled her monthly tips to $2,600 after swapping her Toyota Camry for a Tesla Model 3Barnes told Bloomberg she upgraded after the cost of filling the tank of her Toyota increased from around $60 to $100 as gas prices surged.
< Transportation, Tesla, Transportation, Toyota, Uber, Gas Prices, Economy >
- Business Insider 14:46June 29, 2022An Uber driver ditched her Toyota Camry to lease a Tesla for $344 a week after the price of a gas tank rose from $60 to $100Heidi Barnes, 34, told Bloomberg it costs $450 a week to lease a Model 3 Tesla Sedan, compared to the $600 to run a 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid.
< Transportation, News, Tesla, EVs, Uber, Gas Prices, Economy, Transportation >
- The Hill 02:31June 29, 2022Energy & Environment — Feds set to hold oil and gas lease sales this weekThe Biden administration is gearing up for new oil and gas drilling, while the G-7 is also putting out messaging that’s favorable to natural gas. This is Overnight Energy & Environment, your source for the latest news focused on energy, the environment and beyond. For The Hill, we’re Rachel Frazin and Zack Budryk. Subscribe here. Interior set to hold...
< Overnight Energy & Environment, Energy & Environment, Policy, federal lands, Flint water crisis, G7, gas prices, natural gas, oil and gas, oil and gas leases, Oil drilling >
- The Hill 23:42June 28, 2022Americans’ views of economy worsen as gas prices rise: GallupThe American public’s views of the economy are declining as gas prices rise, according to a Gallup poll released Tuesday. Two-thirds of Americans surveyed in the poll conducted earlier this month said that gas prices are causing a moderate or severe financial hardship on their household. That figure marks an increase of 15 percentage points...
< Finance, economic confidence index, economic hardship, Economy, gallup poll, gas prices, gas tax holiday >
- Breitbart News 20:27June 28, 2022Nolte: Joe Biden Delivers the Most Expensive 4th of July in HistoryWelcome to Joe Biden's 4th of July, the most expensive in history!
< Economy, Politics, food prices, Gas Prices, Independence Day, inflation, Joe Biden, John Nolte, July 4th >
- Business Insider 17:44June 28, 2022Gas-station chain Sheetz drops prices to $3.99 per gallon for July 4 weekendFeeling pain at the pump? Stop by a Sheetz to save about a buck on each gallon of gas during the holiday weekend.
< Transportation, News, Economy, Transportation, Gas Prices, Auto Industry, Economy >
- Business Insider 16:30June 28, 2022Pumping gas could lead to a $175 hold to be placed on your card before you even fill upEarlier this year, Visa and Mastercard raised the gas station holds limit to $175 from $125. The holds are based on the highest transaction allowed.
< Transportation, News, Retail, Gas Prices, Gas stations, Gas, Inflation >
- Breitbart News 20:25June 27, 2022Most Americans Are 'Concerned' About Their Ability to Afford 'Day to Day Things'Most Americans are concerned about their ability to afford "day to day things" in President Biden’s America, a YouGov/CBS News Poll released this week found.
< Economy, Politics, Expenses, Gas Prices, inflation, poll >
- Business Insider 17:20June 27, 2022Americans are paying $54,000 on average for an electric vehicle. A year ago, they were paying closer to $44,000.The soaring cost of EVs is outstripping non-electric vehicles, likely forcing motorists to think twice before ditching fossil fuels.
< Transportation, News, EVs, transport, Transportation, Economy, Cars, Gas Prices >
- The Hill 18:00June 25, 2022Electric cars are unaffordable for many Americans. Biden is trying to impose them anywayBiden’s policy forcing manufacturers to produce zero-emissions vehicles will raise the cost of owning and driving a car, hurting lower- and middle-income families the most.
< Energy and Environment, Opinion, Electric vehicles, gas prices >
- Business Insider 14:40June 25, 2022There is no good solution to the kind of inflation we're seeing right nowToday's inflation is historically fast and widespread. There are potential fixes, but each comes with its fair share of economic risks.
< Economy, Economy, Inflation, Gas Prices, inflation outlook, Fed, Federal Reserve, Rate Hikes, Supply Chain, Recession >
- Snopes 19:11June 24, 2022A Whole Lot of Truth (and Some Misleading Info) About Gas PricesA viral piece of copypasta gets a few things wrong about gas prices.
< Copypasta, facebook rumors, Gas Prices >
- The Hill 15:00June 24, 2022Biden’s war on oil is funding Putin’s war on UkraineThe president’s unswerving effort to squash domestic oil and gas production caused higher prices for consumers.
< White House, Opinion, gas prices, oil and gas, Russia-Ukraine war, russian invasion of ukraine >
- The Hill 03:00June 24, 2022Energy & Environment — Energy chief, oil execs hold 'constructive' meetingPresident Biden's Energy secretary met with oil executives on Thursday as the administration faces pressure to tamp down sky-high gas prices. Meanwhile, the Fish and Wildlife Service has reinstated pre-Trump endangered species protections. This is Overnight Energy & Environment, your source for the latest news focused on energy, the environment and beyond. For The...
< Overnight Energy & Environment, Energy & Environment, Policy, Chevron, ExxonMobil, gas prices, habitat protections, Jennifer Granholm, mining, offshore wind energy, Shell Oil >
- Business Insider 20:59June 23, 2022Europe faces an emergency this winter as the continent sees further cutoff of Russian gas, RBC's commodities chief saysEuropean nations are discussing rationing as they prepare for a cutoff of Russian gas, RBC's commodities chief said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Russian Oil, Europe, russia ukraine, Energy Crisis, rationing, Energy Secretary, Gas Prices >
- Business Insider 20:24June 23, 2022Soaring gas prices have some drivers wrapping their cars with ads to earn up to $800 per monthFuel costs are increasingly eating into the budgets of rideshare drivers and commuters alike, and some are turning their cars into rolling billboards.
< Transportation, News, Advertising, Economy, Rideshare, Gas Prices, Advertising >
- Breitbart News 18:51June 23, 2022Joe Biden Plans to Take ‘Millions of Cars Off the Road’ to Reduce Oil ConsumptionThe president spoke about public transit during his speech on high gas prices on Wednesday, promoting them as a potential solution.
< Economy, Environment, Politics, Amtrak, Gas Prices, Joe Biden >
- Business Insider 14:13June 23, 2022Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway plows another $529 million into Occidental Petroleum, boosting its bet on the energy stock to $8.5 billionBerkshire now owns more than 16% of the oil-and-gas company, which is benefiting from the surge in energy prices this year.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Stocks, Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway, Occidental Petroleum, Energy, Oil and Gas, stock portfolio, stock purchases, russia ukraine war, Energy Prices, Gas Prices >
- Business Insider 12:13June 23, 2022A North Carolina community college is closing its buildings and making staff work from home one day a week amid soaring gas pricesSouthwest Tennessee Community College has also shifted to online-only on Fridays due to "historic inflation numbers and increasing gas prices."
< Education, Transportation, News, Education, transport, Transportation, Gas, Fuel, Gas Station, Gas Prices, fuel prices, North Carolina, Community College >
- The Hill 04:03June 23, 2022White House advisor: Gas tax holiday no 'silver bullet' to lower pricesA top White House adviser on Wednesday said the Biden administration's proposal to suspend the federal gas tax was not a "silver bullet," but stressed it was a temporary solution along with other measures to help Americans' wallets. Gene Sperling, a senior economic adviser to President Biden, told NBC's "Meet the Press" moderator Chuck Todd...
< Finance, Policy, gas tax, gas tax holiday, Gene Sperling, inflation, Rising gas prices >
- The Hill 01:58June 23, 2022Energy & Environment — Biden calls for gas tax holidayPresident Biden officially calls for a gas tax suspension, but it faces an uphill climb in Congress. Meanwhile, Interior Secretary Deb Haaland provides an update on the investigation into Native American boarding schools. This is Overnight Energy & Environment, your source for the latest news focused on energy, the environment and beyond. For The Hill,...
< Overnight Energy & Environment, Energy & Environment, Policy, Deb Haaland, gas prices, gas tax holiday, Interior Department >
- New York Magazine 00:12June 23, 2022Joe Biden, Oil ManThe president’s call for a summer gas-tax holiday is another pro-oil policy that wouldn’t do much to help people.
< gas prices, joe biden, economy, the money game >
- Breitbart News 23:42June 22, 2022Democrats Likely to Oppose Joe Biden's Gas Tax HolidayHouse Democrats are not convinced President Joe Biden's gas tax holiday is the correct method to reduce pain at the pump for consumers.
< Economy, Podcast, federal gas tax, Gas Prices, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Richard Neal, Steny Hoyer >
- Breitbart News 23:38June 22, 2022Joe Biden Demands Gas Stations Lower Prices: 'Do It Now'The president spoke about the record high gas prices occurring during his administration during a speech on his imitation White House set across the street.
< Economy, Politics, Gas Prices, Joe Biden, Vladimir Putin >
- Breitbart News 23:28June 22, 2022Flashback -- Barack Obama Mocked Gas Tax Holiday: 'We Are Offering Gimmicks'Former President Barack Obama mocked the idea of a gas tax holiday as nothing more than a gimmick while on the campaign trail in 2008 -- an idea that President Joe Biden's White House endorsed on Wednesday.
< Economy, Politics, Barack Obama, Gas, Gas Prices, Joe Biden >
- Business Insider 22:55June 22, 2022Biden's call for Congress to suspend federal gas taxes is landing with a thud with everyone ranging from McConnell to PelosiMany Democrats are bolting from Biden. Obama's former top economist said it was a "worse idea" now compared to months ago.
< Economy, Politics, Joe Biden, Gas Prices, Nancy Pelosi, Mitch McConnell, Gas Tax, Gas tax cut, Congress, Republicans, Democrats >
- Breitbart News 21:40June 22, 2022Mike Lee: Biden Gas Tax Holiday 'Part of a Shameless and Feckless Cover-Up Operation'Wednesday on Fox News Channel's "The Faulkner Focus," Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) slammed President Joe Biden's proposed gas tax holiday to help with the process at the pump.
< Clips, Politics, Fox News Channel, Gas Prices, gas tax, Joe Biden, Mike Lee, The Faulkner Focus >
- Breitbart News 20:50June 22, 2022Poll: 92 Percent Say Rising Gas Prices a 'Serious' Problem in Biden's AmericaThe vast majority of voters say the rising cost of gas is a "serious" problem in President Biden's America, mere months ahead of the midterm elections, a Rasmussen Reports survey released Tuesday found.
< Economy, Midterm Election, Politics, Chuck Schumer, Gas Prices, Jennifer Granholm, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Russia, Ukraine, Vladimir Putin >
- Breitbart News 19:32June 22, 2022Biden Administration Predicted Gas Prices Would Drop Below $3 -- Now National Average Above $5/GallonIn December of 2021, the Biden administration forecasted that gas prices would drop below $3 per gallon, but seven months later gas prices reached over $5 per gallon, more than doubling since President Joe Biden assumed office.
< Economy, Politics, Gas Prices, inflation, Joe Biden >
- Snopes 17:14June 22, 2022Biden to Call for 3-Month Suspension of Gas and Diesel TaxesPresident Joe Biden will call on Congress to suspend federal gasoline and diesel taxes for three months.
< Gas Prices, President Joe Biden >
- The Hill 15:38June 22, 2022Senate Democrat calls gas tax holiday 'shortsighted and inefficient' way to provide reliefDemocratic Sen. Tom Carper (Del.) said late Tuesday that a suspension of gas and diesel taxes endorsed by President Biden is a "shortsighted and inefficient way to provide relief" to consumers. Carper noted that the taxes are "the primary way that we pay for infrastructure projects on our roads" in a tweet. "We should explore...
< Senators, News, Senate, Democratic Party, Gas, gas prices, gas supply, gas tax, gas tax holiday, gasoline, high gas prices, oil and gas, Rising gas prices, Senate Democrats, senators, Tom Carper >
- Business Insider 15:09June 22, 2022Europe should be prepared for Russia to totally cut all natural gas supplies this winter, IEA chief saysRussia could cut natural gas flows even more, just as Europe tries to build up some inventory ahead of the winter, Fatih Birol said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Natural Gas, natural gas prices, natural gas cut, Russia, Ukraine, EU, Energy, Nord Stream, Germany, IEA, Faith Birol >
- Business Insider 13:37June 22, 2022Dow futures slide 350 points as stock rally fades, with oil falling and Fed's Powell on deck to speakRecession worries are once again preying on investors, who will watch Fed boss Jerome Powell's testimony later for hints on the path of interest rates.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Stocks, Stocks to Buy, Stock Market Analysis, Stock Market Outlook, Stock Market Strategy, Investing Analysis, Investing Outlook, Investing Strategy, Federal Reserve, Interest Rates, Jerome Powell, Oil, oil price outlook, Gas Prices >
- Breitbart News 00:21June 22, 2022Joe Biden's Proposed Gas Tax Holiday Skewered by Obama Economist Jason FurmanJason Furman, an economist who served under Barack Obama and now teaches economics at Harvard, said on Tuesday that President Biden's proposed gas tax holiday would benefit oil companies, not consumers.
< Politics, Gas Prices, Jason Furman, Joe Biden, Oil, oil prices >
- Breitbart News 00:00June 22, 2022Joe Biden Mocks 'Sensitive' Oil Company CEOs Blaming His Energy Policies for High Gas PricesIn a letter to the president on Tuesday, Chevron CEO Mike Wirth criticized Biden and his administration for being more willing to "criticize, and at times vilify, our industry."
< Politics, Gas Prices, gas tax, Joe Biden, Oil >
- Business Insider 23:57June 21, 2022Target CEO says Biden's gas tax holiday would only 'fuel the demand' without fixing any of the supply problems"It's time to fundamentally change the supply and demand curves for fuel and transportation," the retail executive told the Economic Club of New York.
< Retail, News, Economy, Politics, Gas Prices, Target, Gas Tax, Brian Cornell, Economic Club of New York >
- Snopes 23:49June 21, 2022Did Gas Prices Hit $7.11 at 7-Eleven?The "prophecy" has not been fulfilled.
< 7-Eleven, Gas Prices >
- Business Insider 22:02June 20, 2022President Biden says he's considering a federal gas tax holiday and sending Americans gas rebate cards to alleviate pain at the pumpBiden is weighing a pause on the federal gas tax of 18.4 cents per gallon as Americans feel the pinch of soaring prices.
< Politics, Economy, News, Gas, Gas Prices, Gas Tax, Biden, President Biden >
- Breitbart News 17:32June 20, 2022White House's Latest Catchphrase: 'Recession Is Not Inevitable’The White House's newest economic catchphrase to blunt the force of a potential recession in 2023 is to tell the American people that it is not "inevitable."
< Economy, Media, Politics, Brian Deese, Energy Information Administration, Gas Prices, Janet Yellen, Jennifer Granholm, Joe Biden, Oil, recession >
- Business Insider 20:12June 19, 2022Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen says a federal gas tax holiday is 'certainly worth considering'"President Biden wants to do anything he possibly can to help consumers," she said on ABC's "This Week" during a discussion about the economy.
< Politics, Economy, Janet Yellen, Joe Biden, Gas Tax, Gas tax cut, Gas Prices, Inflation, Recession, Department of Treasury >
- Business Insider 18:59June 19, 2022Democratic Rep. calls on Biden to oppose suspension of the federal gas tax"There is no guarantee a gas tax suspension would reduce prices ... or stem the broader inflation affecting the global economy," Rep. Blumenauer said.
< Politics, Economy, Earl Blumenauer, Joe Biden, Democratic Party, Federal gas tax, Gas tax cut, Gas Prices, bipartisan infrastructure bill >
- Business Insider 12:00June 19, 2022Joe Biden says the US economy can deal with inflation — and yet more Americans are googling "recession" than at any time since 2004The US economy is buckling under sky-high inflation, consumers are growing more and more gloomy and worries about recession are mounting.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Joe Biden, Inflation, Interest Rates, Fed, Home Prices, Gas Prices, Recession, Bank of America, Google, Good trends >
- Business Insider 15:30June 18, 2022The S&P 500 just notched a grim milestone that's only been seen in 7 other years since World War IIInvestors are mired in a "one-step forward and two-steps backward market," as the S&P 500 sinks deeper into a bear territory, says Bespoke.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Stocks, s&p 500, Federal Reserve, Inflation, Interest Rates, Jerome Powell, Gas Prices, Economy, Economy & Markets >
- Business Insider 14:30June 18, 2022Biden has few options left to quickly bring down gas prices. Now he's making a big bet by bashing Big Oil and turning to a brutal leader for help.Biden pledged that combating inflation would become his top domestic priority as soaring gas prices tank Americans' faith in the economy.
< Economy, Politics, Policy, Joe Biden, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, Gas Prices, Inflation, Gas checks, Direct payments, Exxon Mobil, Bernie Sanders, Ro Khanna, Ron Wyden, MBS, Mohammad bin Salman, Saudi Arabia >
- Business Insider 11:00June 18, 2022Oil markets are heading for an insanely difficult summer, with Russian production plunging under EU pressureOil prices look set to soar even higher, as markets factor in a slump of 1 to 2 million barrels per day in Russian production by the end of the year.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Oil, Oil Markets, Russian Oil, Russian oil ban, Russia Sanctions, EU, Ukraine Conflict, Brent Crude, Energy, Gas Prices, Gasoline, Insurance, Finance, Investing, OPEC, Iran, BI Graphics >
- Breitbart News 02:27June 18, 2022Breitbart Business Digest: The Chip Shortage Saved Us from the Biden Bux Inflation DisasterThe price of gas has risen because demand has far outpaced supply. So, the Biden White House had the brilliant idea of sending people special debit cards to buy gasoline, thereby pumping up the demand while continuing to choke off the supply.
< Economy, #Bidenflation, Breitbart Business Digest, chip shortage, Gas Prices, inflation, oil drilling >
- Breitbart News 19:00June 17, 2022Nolte: Biden's Computer Chip Shortage Kills ‘Solution’ for Biden’s Record Gas PricesJoe Biden's computer chip shortage has killed off one proposed White House solution (if you want to call it that) to people suffering under Joe Biden's record gas prices.
< Economy, Politics, chip shortage, Gas Prices, inflation, Joe Biden, John Nolte >