- The Guardian 10:38October 19, 2021Bannon and other top Trump officials face legal peril for defying subpoenasDevelopments in select committee’s move to secure Bannon’s conviction come as Trump files lawsuit blocking the release of his White House recordsSteve Bannon and other former top officials in the Trump administration are facing legal peril for defying subpoenas issued by the House select committee investigating the Capitol attack, as the panel prepares to pursue criminal referrals for non-compliance.The legal jeopardy for Bannon – who is expected to be held in contempt by the committee on Tuesday – is anticipated after it emerged in a letter to his attorney, obtained by the Guardian on Monday, that he had claimed executive privilege protections on materials unrelated to the executive branch. Continue reading...
< Steve Bannon, US Capitol attack, House of Representatives, US politics, US news, World news >
- Breitbart News 02:47October 19, 2021House of Representatives Staffer Faces 10 Charges for Alleged Child Porn PossessionA program manager for the sergeant-at-arms of the U.S. House of Representatives was arrested and faces ten felony charges connected to alleged possession of child pornography.
< Crime, Politics, Pre-Viral, Dropbox, House of Representatives, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Possession of Child Pornography, Virginia >
- Business Insider 16:16October 16, 2021Adam Schiff says appointing Kevin McCarthy to the House speaker role would be like appointing Donald TrumpIf Republicans take back Congress in the upcoming midterm elections next year, McCarthy could replace current Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
< Politics, Adam Schiff, Kevin McCarthy, Donald Trump, House Speaker, House of Representatives >
- The Guardian 20:54October 14, 2021Steve Bannon: Capitol attack panel to consider criminal contempt referralHouse 6 January select committee to decide on Trump’s former strategist, who has snubbed subpoena requests, on TuesdayBennie Thompson, the chairman of the House select committee investigating the Capitol attack on Thursday announced the panel’s intention to consider a criminal contempt referral against Trump’s former strategist Steve Bannon for defying a subpoena as part of its 6 January inquiry.The vow to initiate contempt of Congress proceedings against Bannon – one of Donald Trump’s top advisers – puts the select committee on the path to enforce the subpoena issued to uncover what the former president knew in advance of plans to mount an insurrection. Continue reading...
< Steve Bannon, US Capitol attack, US politics, US news, House of Representatives >
- Breitbart News 14:57October 14, 2021NRCC Shatters Fundraising Record, Over $105 Million Through SeptemberThe National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC), the campaign arm for House Republicans, announced the committee's record-breaking fundraising haul of over $105 million raised through September, the first nine months in the 2022 election cycle.
< Midterm Election, Politics, House of Representatives, Kevin McCarthy, Nancy Pelosi, NRCC, Steve Scalise, Tom Emmer >
- Business Insider 04:00October 13, 2021All 206 House Republicans voted against raising the US debt ceilingHouse Speaker Nancy Pelosi called out Mitch McConnell ahead of the vote, saying that he was playing, "Russian roulette with the economy."
< Politics, House of Representatives, Debt Limit, Default >
- The Guardian 02:57October 13, 2021House passes bill to raise US debt ceiling through early DecemberLegislation raises government’s borrowing limit to $28.9tnHard-fought House vote passes entirely along party linesThe US House of Representatives gave final approval on Tuesday to a Senate-passed bill temporarily raising the government’s borrowing limit to $28.9tn, putting off the risk of default at least until early December.Democrats, who narrowly control the House, maintained party discipline to pass the hard-fought, $480bn debt limit increase. The vote was along party lines, with every yes from Democrats and every no from Republicans. Continue reading...
< US Congress, House of Representatives, US news, US politics, World news, US economy, Business, Economics >
- Breitbart News 01:13October 13, 2021Nancy Pelosi to Reporters: You ‘Could Do a Better Job Selling’ Biden’s Radical AgendaHouse Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), during her weekly press conference, lectured reporters, claiming they did not do a good enough job of "selling" President Joe Biden's radical spending plan.
< Politics, CBS News, House of Representatives, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, Nancy Pelosi, reconciliation, reporters >
- The Guardian 20:25October 12, 2021Kamala Harris: European colonizers ‘ushered in wave of devastation for tribal nations’ – liveVice-president: ‘We must not shy away from this painful past’Concerns growing over slow pace of Congress in passing billsSign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by emailVice president Kamala Harris said today that Europeans who colonized the US “ushered in a wave of devastation for tribal nations, perpetrating violence, stealing land and spreading disease.”In remarks at the National Congress of American Indians 78th annual convention, Harris discussed the history of colonization in the Americas and its connection to present-day Indigenous communities. Continue reading...
< US news, US politics, Joe Biden, Democrats, Republicans, House of Representatives, US Congress, US domestic policy >
- Business Insider 12:44October 11, 2021Goldman Sachs cuts its US GDP forecast for the 3rd month in a row because of the "virus drag" on consumer spending and the global semiconductor crunchGoldman Sachs cut its US GDP forecast for 2021 and 2022 based on the ongoing impact of Covid-19 on spending and the semiconductor chip shortage.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, GDP, GDP data, GDP estimates, GDP forecast, GDP growth, gross domestic product, Unemployment, covid stimulus, COVID, covid and economy, covid economy, COVID relief, Spending, Saving, remote working, Goldman Sachs, chip shortage, semiconductor, semiconductor chips, semiconductor shortage, US House of Representatives, Fed, Economy >
- The Guardian 19:41October 10, 2021House Capitol attack panel ready to urge prosecution of Trump aides, says SchiffMark Meadows, Dan Scavino, Steve Bannon and Kash Patel all defying subpoenas under instruction from TrumpInterview: Adam Schiff on Trump’s threat to democracyThe House select committee investigating the deadly assault on the US Capitol on 6 January is prepared to urge federal prosecution of former aides to Donald Trump who refuse to comply with subpoenas, a key panel member said.Former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, deputy chief of staff Dan Scavino, strategist Steve Bannon and Pentagon aide Kash Patel are defying subpoenas for documents and testimony, under instruction from the former president. Continue reading...
< US Capitol attack, US politics, House of Representatives, Trump administration, US news, World news >
- The Guardian 01:07October 9, 2021Biden overrules Trump effort to keep White House files from 6 January panelThe National Archives told to give documents to House committee despite ex-president’s attempt assert executive privilege Joe Biden has blocked an attempt by former US president Donald Trump to withhold documents from Congress related to the 6 January insurrection at the US Capitol.Jen Psaki, the White House press secretary, said Biden authorized the National Archives, a government agency that holds records from Trump’s time in office, to turn over an initial batch of documents requested by a House of Representatives select committee investigating the riot. Continue reading...
< US Capitol attack, US politics, US news, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, House of Representatives >
- The Guardian 16:21October 8, 2021US debt ceiling measure heads to the House as partisan tensions flare – liveSenate approves deal to extend government’s borrowing authoritySchumer condemns Republicans for playing ‘dangerous partisan game’Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by emailHello, live blog readers. Happy Friday. We’re not done with the debt limit deal yet - and, of course, let’s all remember, we won’t be done with the debt limit for a while as we’ll have to do this all again in a few weeks because the deal only extends the debt ceiling by $480bn through 3 December. Continue reading...
< US Congress, US news, World news, US politics, Joe Biden, Republicans, Democrats, House of Representatives, US Senate >
- The Guardian 17:57October 7, 2021US Senate reaches deal to extend debt ceiling through early December – liveDow up 530 points on news of agreement reached over debt ceiling Judiciary committee details Trump’s efforts to overturn resultMark Meadows asked DoJ to open investigations multiple timesSign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by emailHere are some more details on the deal to extend the debt limit through December: It’s been a tense week of back-and-forth between Democrats and Republicans, bluffs on the filibuster, rebukes from the White House and scary words thrown like “economic catastrophe”. Continue reading...
< US news, Republicans, Democrats, US Congress, House of Representatives, US Senate, Joe Biden, World news, US politics, US elections 2020 >
- The Guardian 17:19October 6, 2021Senator urges more Facebook whistleblowers to come forward – liveRichard Blumenthal also called on Mark Zuckerberg to testify before Congress after Frances Haugen’s hard-hitting testimony on TuesdaySign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by emailThe Senate will vote today on raising the limit on the debt ceiling, which Congress must do before 18 October in order to avoid economic catastrophe (no hyperbole). Republicans have already twice used the filibuster to block efforts by the Democrats to raise the debt limit and are expected to do so once again today. Continue reading...
< US politics, US news, Facebook, US Congress, House of Representatives, US Senate, Democrats, Republicans, Joe Biden >
- The Guardian 08:30October 6, 2021Top Trump aides set to defy subpoenas in Capitol attack investigationSource says Meadows, Bannon and others will move to undercut House select committee inquiry – under instructions from TrumpFormer Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and other top aides subpoenaed by the House select committee investigating the Capitol attack are expected to defy orders for documents and testimony related to 6 January, according to a source familiar with the matter.The move to defy the subpoenas would mark the first major investigative hurdle faced by the select committee and threatens to touch off an extended legal battle as the former president pushes some of his most senior aides to undercut the inquiry. Continue reading...
< US Capitol attack, US news, US politics, World news, Donald Trump, Trump administration, Republicans, House of Representatives, US Congress >
- Breitbart News 06:06October 6, 2021Pennsylvania Democrat to Introduce Forced Vasectomy Bill in Response to Texas Pro-Life LawA Pennsylvania state representative announced he is going to introduce legislation that would force men to get vasectomies within six weeks of having their third child or their 40th birthday, "whichever comes first."
< Health, Politics, Abortion, Christopher Rabb, forced sterilization, Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania House of Representatives, pro-life, Texas, Texas Heartbeat Act, vasectomies >
- The Guardian 17:50October 3, 2021Democrats brace for bruising October talks as Biden agenda stalls in CongressTwo massive economic and social packages have reached an impasse, threatening to derail Biden’s first term in officeWarring factions of the Democratic party are bracing themselves for a potentially bruising month of negotiations over the two massive economic and social packages that have reached an impasse in Congress threatening to derail Joe Biden’s first term in office.With Democratic leaders racing against a new 31 October deadline to pass the legislation, and with pressure building on the White House from both centrist and progressive wings of the party, the centerpiece of Biden’s agenda now hangs in the balance. Democratic prospects in next year’s midterm elections are also at stake. Continue reading...
< US Congress, US news, US politics, US domestic policy, House of Representatives, US Senate, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi >
- Business Insider 04:18October 3, 2021AOC appeared to dunk on Kyrsten Sinema as progressives and moderates feud, saying there isn't anything 'maverick' about protecting the richProgressive and moderate Democrats have been feuding over key aspects of Biden's domestic agenda, including infrastructure and social spending.
< Politics, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, AOC, Kyrsten Sinema, Congress, House of Representatives, Democrats, Progressives >
- The Guardian 22:11October 2, 2021Pelosi shifts infrastructure bill deadline to 31 October amid Biden frustrationSpeaker writes to House Democrats insisting that they will pass both bipartisan bill and wider social and environmental packageThe House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, has set a new deadline for the House to pass a major infrastructure spending bill after a week of negotiations left Joe Biden’s social and environmental policy overhaul plan in a limbo.In a letter to House Democrats on Saturday, Pelosi said that the House will have until Sunday 31 October to pass the $1tn bipartisan infrastructure bill, which passed the Senate in August. Continue reading...
< US domestic policy, US Congress, US politics, US news, Nancy Pelosi, House of Representatives, Joe Biden, Democrats >
- The Guardian 03:03October 2, 2021‘We’re going to get it done’: Biden vows to break impasse after Capitol Hill talksPresident meets Democrats with domestic agenda in jeopardyResolution before weekend unlikely as talks continue on FridayJoe Biden made a rare visit to Capitol Hill on Friday to meet privately with House Democrats amid a stalemate that has put his sprawling domestic agenda in jeopardy.Pledging to “get it done” after days of frantic negotiations that saw the party fail to strike an internal deal on a scaled-back version of Biden’s $3.5tn social and environmental policy overhaul, the president hoped to break an impasse even as hopes of compromise before the weekend faded. Continue reading...
< Joe Biden, US politics, US news, US domestic policy, World news, Democrats, US Congress, US Senate, Republicans, Nancy Pelosi, House of Representatives >
- Business Insider 22:43October 1, 2021Nancy Pelosi just bent time to make September stretch into October as she frantically tries to pass Biden's infrastructure billIf the House deciding to alter the fabric of time doesn't make sense, it shouldn't. Only in Congress can time be warped for political gain.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Nancy Pelosi, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, Biden infrastructure bill, Senate, Reconciliation, House of Representatives, Policy, Economy >
- The Guardian 21:12October 1, 2021Biden heads to Capitol Hill to try and break deadlock over infrastructure bill – liveVisit comes as negotiations continue over infrastructure bill and reconciliation packageAOC says she wants Senate vote before supporting infrastructure billPelosi delays vote on infrastructure bill in defeat for DemocratsBrett Kavanaugh tests positive for Covid-19Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by emailHere’s where the day stands so far: Continue reading...
< Democrats, US news, House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, US politics, Joe Biden >
- Breitbart News 20:20October 1, 2021Report: Kyrsten Sinema 'Prepared to Walk Away' from Biden AgendaPolitical allies close to Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) reportedly told Axios that the "wine-drinking triathlete" will not be bullied into supporting the partisan $3.5 trillion reconciliation package Democrats are using to push part of President Joe Biden's radical agenda.
< Politics, House of Representatives, infrastructure, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, reconciliation, Senate >
- The Guardian 14:31October 1, 2021Democrats to resume crunch talks on Biden agenda as progressives hold lineCentrists appear on back foot after Pelosi forced to postpone key infrastructure vote while negotiations on social and environmental package continueA bitterly divided Democratic party was set to resume talks on Joe Biden’s legislative agenda on Friday with progressives confident they are gaining momentum and centrists apparently on the back foot.A vote on the $1tn bipartisan infrastructure bill was delayed late on Thursday night despite a promise by the House of Representatives speaker, Nancy Pelosi, to centrists that she would bring it to the floor. Continue reading...
< US domestic policy, US news, US Congress, House of Representatives, Democrats, US Senate >
- The Guardian 05:35October 1, 2021Democrats scramble to satisfy centrists with Biden’s agenda on the lineMembers work into night to pare back $3.5tn economic package amid stalemate between moderates and progressivesDemocrats pushed late into the evening on Thursday as they sought a path forward for Joe Biden’s $3.5tn economic agenda, working to cobble together a pared-back version that would satisfy centrist holdouts.The late-night wrangling appeared unlikely to give way to a promised vote on a slimmer $1tn public works package that was scheduled for Thursday. The delay underscored the fragile state of the negotiations, as the House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, tried to break a stalemate between moderates, who are pushing for a vote on the infrastructure bill, and progressives who believe it would be insufficient without the broader social policy package. Continue reading...
< US politics, US news, World news, Democrats, Nancy Pelosi, US Congress, House of Representatives, US Senate >
- Breitbart News 23:18September 30, 2021Kyrsten Sinema Reaffirms Not Supporting $3.5 Trillion Reconciliation PackageSen. Kyrsten Sinema's (D-AZ) office released a statement -- ahead of when the House is supposed to vote on the “bipartisan” infrastructure bill -- reaffirming her position on not supporting the partisan $3.5 trillion reconciliation package Democrats are using to push part of their agenda.
< Politics, Chuck Schumer, House of Representatives, infrastructure, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, reconciliation, Senate, Steny Hoyer >
- Breitbart News 20:56September 30, 2021Joe Manchin's Office Denies Claims of Reconciliation DealSen. Joe Manchin's (D-VW) office on Thursday, ahead of when the House is supposed to vote on the "bipartisan" infrastructure bill, denies the reports that claim a deal has been made with the senator on a path to a reconciliation package.
< Politics, House of Representatives, infrastructure, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, MSNBC, reconciliation, Senate >
- The Guardian 19:03September 30, 2021Pelosi says Democrats are ‘on a path to win’ infrastructure vote – liveHouse scheduled to vote on bipartisan infrastructure bill but its fate remains tied to social policy package opposed by conservative senators• Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by emailHouse speaker Nancy Pelosi left her press conference by urging reporters to “think positively” about the negotiations over the infrastructure bill and the reconciliation package.And yet, as Pelosi was making her comments, House majority leader Steny Hoyer said he was not confident that the infrastructure bill would pass today, as Democratic leadership had previously hoped. Continue reading...
< US news, US politics, US domestic policy, House of Representatives, US Congress, US Senate, Democrats, Republicans, Joe Biden >
- Breitbart News 17:51September 30, 2021Vulnerable Democrat Tom Malinowski Admits Democrats May Lose House MajorityVulnerable Democrat Rep. Tom Malinowski admitted during a recent virtual event that the Democrats may lose their slim House majority if his party does not get "shit done."
< Midterm Election, Politics, House Ethics Committee, House majority, House of Representatives, Office of Congressional Ethics, Tom Malinowski >
- Business Insider 05:46September 30, 2021Lawmakers play in congressional baseball game while possible government shutdown loomsMembers of Congress - including Marjorie Taylor Greene and Jon Ossoff - took time off to play in the annual Congressional Baseball Game.
< Politics, News, Sports, Economy, Congress, Senate, House of Representatives, Baseball, Biden, Pelosi >
- Breitbart News 02:35September 30, 2021Democrat Disarray: Democrat Senators Warn of 'Bipartisan' Infrastructure Bill Not Passing the HouseThe Hill reported that two Democrat senators familiar with the bipartisan infrastructure bill voting talks in the House are expecting House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) to cancel Thursday's scheduled vote due to not having enough votes.
< Politics, Congressional Progressive Caucus, House of Representatives, infrastructure, James Clyburn, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Pramila Jayapal, reconciliation >
- Business Insider 00:37September 29, 2021Game theory explains why AOC and other progressives should reject Nancy Pelosi and tank the Senate's bipartisan infrastructure billThe fight over the spending bills looks an awful lot like a classic game theory problem. The best strategy for that dilemma is to punish defectors.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Infrastructure, Game Theory, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Bernie Sanders, analysis, Congress, Progressives, Moderates, Democrats, Nancy Pelosi, House of Representatives, Senate >
- The Guardian 14:11September 28, 2021Barack Obama: tax the rich, including me, to fund Biden spending planFormer president says billionaires should ‘pay a little bit more in taxes’ to fund healthcare, childcare and the climate crisis fightIn deep red West Virginia, Biden spending plan is popularBarack Obama says wealthy Americans – including himself – can afford tax rises to help fund Joe Biden’s ambitious spending plan. Related: Pelosi: Biden spending plan, infrastructure deal and funding ‘must pass’ next week Continue reading...
< Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Biden administration, US news, US domestic policy, US politics, US taxation, Democrats, Republicans, US Congress, House of Representatives, US Senate, World news >
- Breaking Defense 16:06September 24, 2021House Passes NDAA, With $24B In Extra Pentagon Funding and Strings AttachedThe NDAA easily passed and now heads to the Senate.
< Congress, Pentagon, 2022 NDAA, afghanistan, Arleigh Burke, GBSD, HASC, House of Representatives, NDAA, Rep. Adam Smith >
- The Guardian 02:48September 24, 2021House committee on Capitol attack subpoenas Trump’s ex-chief of staff and other top aidesMark Meadows, Steve Bannon and Dan Scavino among advisers called to testify over president’s connection to 6 January eventsThe House select committee scrutinizing the Capitol attack on Thursday sent subpoenas to Trump’s White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and a cadre of top Trump aides, demanding their testimony to shed light on the former president’s connection to the 6 January riot.The subpoenas and demands for depositions marked the most aggressive investigative actions the select committee has taken since it made records demands and records preservation requests that formed the groundwork of the inquiry into potential White House involvement. Continue reading...
< US Capitol attack, Trump administration, House of Representatives, US Congress, Steve Bannon, US politics, US news, Donald Trump >
- Breaking Defense 21:36September 23, 2021House Passes Iron Dome Funding, As Israel Watches WarilyAfter three days of drama, the bill passed with massive support, and now heads to the Senate.
< Congress, Global, Land Warfare, Hamas, House of Representatives, Iron Dome, Israel, middle east, Palestine >
- The Guardian 18:29September 22, 2021Biden announces US will donate another 500m vaccine doses at Covid summit – liveUS to donate 500m Pfizer doses to low-and lower-middle income countriesDoses are in addition to the over 600m the US has committed to sendingHouse Democrats pass spending bill in party-line vote of 220 to 211McConnell pledges to oppose any effort to raise the debt ceilingSign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email 4.29pm BST Joe Biden said the US would also spend $370 million to support administering coronavirus vaccine shots around the world.The president pledged that the US would “continue to lead” to ensure the world can defeat Covid-19 and better prepare for the next pandemic. 4.23pm BST Joe Biden is now holding a virtual Covid summit on the margins of the UN general assembly to deliver an update on global vaccination efforts.The president confirmed that the US will donate another 500 million Pfizer coronavirus vaccine doses to other countries, in addition to the more than 600 million doses that the White House had already committed to sending abroad. Continue reading...
< US politics, House of Representatives, Democrats, Republicans, US Senate, Biden administration, Joe Biden, US news, World news >
- Business Insider 21:58September 18, 2021Lindsey Graham told Trump that the House of Representatives is 'just a constant shit show': bookDuring a June conversation with former President Donald Trump, Graham emphasized the importance of the GOP taking back control of Congress in 2022.
< Politics, Lindsey Graham, Donald Trump, House of Representatives, Republican Party, Republican Study Committee, Kevin McCarthy, political books >
- Breitbart News 06:43September 17, 2021Trump Impeachment Republican Anthony Gonzalez Will Not Run for ReelectionTrump impeachment Republican Rep. Anthony Gonzalez announced he would not seek reelection, hoping to “build a fuller family life” after former President Donald Trump gave his Republican opponent an early election endorsement.
< Midterm Election, Politics, Anthony Gonzalez, Christina Hagan, Donald Trump, House majority, House of Representatives, Mark Meadows, reelection, Republicans, retirement >
- Business Insider 05:34September 17, 2021Rep. Anthony Gonzalez, one of the 10 House Republicans who voted in favor of impeaching Trump, will not seek reelectionGonzalez, whose challenger Trump had already endorsed, called Trump a "cancer for the country," per The New York Times.
< Politics, News, Anthony Gonzalez, Ohio, Donald Trump, election 2022, House of Representatives >
- Breitbart News 02:14September 16, 2021Report: Democrats Will Struggle to Keep the House Majority in 2022A recent report from Politico showed the House Democrats would have a hard time keeping their majority after redistricting finalizes throughout the country.
< Midterm Election, Politics, DCCC, House majority, House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, Politico, Redistricting, Victoria Spartz >
- Breitbart News 23:42September 15, 2021AOC Slapped with Ethics Complaint for Accepting $35,000 Ticket to Met GalaDemocratic Socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has been slapped with an ethics complaint for accepting a $35,000 ticket to the Met Gala 2021.
< Entertainment, Politics, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, American Accountability Foundation, ethics complaint, House of Representatives, Met Gala, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York >
- Breitbart News 23:47September 10, 2021Nancy Pelosi to Democrats on Reconciliation: 'Embrace the Suck'House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) told her fellow Democrats on Friday to "embrace the suck" when it comes to the $3.5 trillion reconciliation package her party is using as a Trojan horse to quickly pass radical ideas, according to a Politico reporter.
< Politics, American Action Network, Democrats, House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, Politico, poll, reconciliation >
- Breitbart News 01:01August 25, 2021Nancy Pelosi Claims 'Great Day of Pride' While Thousands of Americans are Stranded in AfghanistanSpeaking on the House floor Tuesday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) made insensitive remarks by saying it was a "great day of pride" while Americans are stranded in Afghanistan.
< Asia, Politics, Afghanistan, House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, Pennsylvania, Sean Parnell >
- Business Insider 03:06August 23, 2021In a bipartisan letter, 106 House members asked the FDA when children under 12 will be able to get vaccinatedMany children attending school are currently ineligible for COVID-19 vaccinations, which has contributed to an increase in pediatric cases.
< House of Representatives, Food and Drug Administration, FDA, FDA approval, Vaccine, vaccine approval, vaccination, school, school reopening, COVID-19, coronavirus, Pandemic >
- Breitbart News 23:22August 11, 2021Pelosi’s Majority Crumbles: Democrats Continue to Announce Retirements, Seek Higher OfficeThe walls are caving in around House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-CA) hopes of keeping the wafer-thin majority as her Democrats continue to announce retirement or seek higher office, leaving their vulnerable seats instead of fighting a tough reelection.
< Midterm Election, Politics, Ann Kirkpatrick, Charlie Crist, Cheri Bustos, Conor Lamb, DCCC, Filemon Vela, House majority, House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, Rob Portman, Ron DeSantis, Ron Kind, Sex Trafficking, Tim Ryan, Val Demings >
- Breitbart News 20:05August 11, 2021Report: Nancy Pelosi Considers Sacrificing Vulnerable Democrats by Pulling them Off Campaign Trail Early to Advance Swamp AgendaHouse Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) is sacrificing vulnerable House members who need the August recess to campaign in their district by pulling them back to Washington roughly a month early to advance their swampy partisan agenda items.
< Midterm Election, Politics, budget reconciliation, Chuck Schumer, House of Representatives, infrastructure, Nancy Pelosi, reconciliation, Senate, Steny Hoyer >
- The Guardian(UK) 02:29August 11, 2021Biden hails Senate passage of giant $1tn bipartisan infrastructure billNineteen Republicans join Democrats to vote in favor of plan‘Today, we proved that democracy can still work’ – BidenThe US Senate passed a giant new bipartisan infrastructure bill on Tuesday morning, with 19 Republicans joining the entire Democratic caucus in helping to get the bill over the finish line. Related: Senate Democrats poised for voting rights push to counter Republican restrictions Continue reading...
< US Senate, US politics, Democrats, Republicans, Joe Biden, House of Representatives, US news, World news >
- Business Insider 03:33July 31, 2021Congress fails to extend federal eviction moratorium - which ends after July 31 - before going on recessAround 6 million Americans are at risk of getting evicted in the coming days, or 16% of all renters, per Census Pulse Survey Data.
< Politics, eviction moratorium, Congress, House of Representatives >