- Business Insider 22:12September 21, 2021Fund guru who won big with inflation ETF is now making opposite betWhile hedge fund manager Nancy Davis sees deflation ahead, the conventional wisdom on future prices has remained much the same.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, nancy davis, Deflation, Inflation, ETF, Japan >
- Business Insider 23:15September 20, 2021Businesses have 3 options to tackle the labor shortage and they all have problemsSome businesses are just working their current staff more - which could only make the problem worse, say researchers at Bank of America.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, labor shortage, labor shortages, $15 Minimum Wage, Wage Inflation, wage pressure, Wage Growth, Policy >
- Business Insider 14:40September 20, 2021'Big Short' investor Michael Burry sounds the alarm on stocks, blasts the Fed, and calls for a Big Tech boycottBurry warned that current stock valuations aren't sustainable, accused the Fed of downplaying inflation, and said tech companies were harming users.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Michael Burry, The Big Short, Scion Asset Management, Stock market bubble, Stock Market Crash, Big Tech, Facebook, Federal Reserve, Inflation >
- Business Insider 18:18September 17, 2021Shake Shack, Marriott, and other top companies are facing a painful labor shortage. Here's what executives are saying about the problem.Widespread worker shortages are squeezing hospitals, hotels, restaurants, retailers, and businesses in many other industries.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Shake Shack, Marriott, Universal Health Services, Johnson & Johnson, Hospitals, Restaurants, Hotels, labor shortage, Wage Inflation >
- Business Insider 23:38September 16, 2021Purchase power is a measure of what your money can buy - here's how it can impact your financesPurchase power measures how much a unit of currency can buy. Inflation impacts purchasing power, but other factors determine the overall impact on your finances
< Economy, Investing (Reference), Economics & Markets (Reference), Investing How To, Hyperinflation, Inflation, Economy & Markets, service graphics, Rachel Mendelson >
- Business Insider 18:27September 16, 2021What is hyperinflation? Understanding the rapid increase in the cost of goods and services over timeHyperinflation is when the price of goods rapidly increases - here's what to know about what causes it and how to protect your money.
< Economy, Investing (Reference), Economics & Markets (Reference), Investing How To, service graphics, Rachel Mendelson, Inflation, Hyperinflation, Economy & Markets >
- Breitbart News 17:31September 16, 2021Inflation Near Record in Biden's BackyardThe latest Philly Fed manufacturing survey showed widespread inflation amid softening demand growth.
< Economy, #Bidenflation, inflation, Philadelphia Fed, Philly Fed >
- Business Insider 23:03September 15, 2021Dow surges 236 points as investors overcome growth concerns to erase early lossesThe energy sector was the best performing Wednesday among those tracked on the S&P 500.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Stocks, stock market news, stocks Wednesday, s&p 500, Dow Jones Industrial Average, Nasdaq Composite, Economy & Markets, Inflation, Global growth, China Data, Federal Reserve September meeting >
- Business Insider 18:54September 15, 2021Crypto adoption in Africa has surged 1,200% over the last year, as people in some of the fastest-growing crypto economies favor digital coins to avoid bank and exchange restrictions: ChainalysisAfrica's digital assets market has grown over 1,200% in value over the last year, making the region the third-fastest growing crypto economy.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, crypto, crypto adoption, cryptocurrency, Africa, Markets, P2P, P2P Lending, P2P Payments, Binance, Binance ban, Binance cryptocurrency exchange, Binance regulation, Exchanges, Banks, Nigeria, Nigeria Inflation, Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania >
- Breitbart News 16:33September 15, 2021Bidenflation Cranks Up to New Record High in Empire State Manufacturing SurveyNo sign of inflation pressures becoming "transitory" in the New York Fed's manufacturing survey.
< Economy, #Bidenflation, Empire State Manufacturing Survey, inflation, manufacturing >
- Business Insider 12:15September 15, 2021US futures inch higher after inflation softens, while oil rises again as stockpiles fallUS stocks looked to rebound after falling a day earlier in the wake of key inflation data.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, US futures, US stocks, Dow Jones, s&p 500, NASDAQ, oil prices, Inflation, Federal Reserve, ukmarketwrap, Stock markets, Government Bonds, dollar index >
- The Guardian(UK) 10:39September 15, 2021UK inflation in record August jump as food and drink prices riseLeap to 3.2% from July’s 2% is largest increase in annual rate from one month to next since records beganUK inflation made its biggest jump on record in August amid a rise in food and drink prices, reversing a sharp decline a year earlier during the government’s eat out to help out restaurant discount scheme.The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said the consumer prices index measure of annual inflation rose to 3.2% in August, up from 2% in July, as the cost of a meal snapped back from a period of steep discounting a year ago. Continue reading...
< Inflation, Business, Economics, Bank of England, Office for National Statistics, UK news, Eat out to help out, Food & drink industry, Coronavirus >
- Business Insider 10:18September 15, 2021UK inflation surges to nine-year high of 3.2% in August as food and fuel prices jumpInflation shot well above the Bank of England's target of 2% in August as the economy reopened.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, UK inflation, CPI inflation, Food Prices, fuel prices, Energy Prices, UK Economy, Pound, GBP, FTSE 100, Economy >
- Business Insider 20:45September 14, 2021Joe Manchin's inflation worries are threatening Biden's agenda, but we might have just passed the peak hysteria over runaway price hikesPolicymakers have worried about price increases all summer, not least the West Virginia senator who controls Biden's agenda. But inflation is slowing.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Inflation, Economy, Inflation Report, Inflation data, inflation outlook, CPI, CPI data, CPI inflation, Consumer Price Index, price growth, BI Graphics, Andy Kiersz, Joe Manchin, Larry Summers, Policy >
- Business Insider 16:31September 14, 2021US stocks climb as inflation data shows prices rose less than expectedUS stocks climbed higher Tuesday after the the Consumer Price Index gained 0.3% last month, less than the 0.4% expected by economists.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, crypto, CPI inflation, CPI data, stock market open, s&p 500, Gary Gensler >
- Business Insider 15:44September 14, 2021Inflation slowed down sharply in August after it started softening in July, as the Delta wave hits the brakes on spendingThe Consumer Price Index - a popular measure of US inflation - rose 0.3% last month, slower than July's 0.5% jump. It was well short of forecasts.
< Economy, Markets, Economy, CPI, CPI inflation, CPI data, Consumer Price Index, Consumer Price Inflation, Consumer Prices, price growth, Inflation, Inflation data, inflation gauge, Economic Data, Economic Indicators >
- Breitbart News 15:38September 14, 2021Consumer Prices Up 5.3 Percent as Food, Fuel, and Shelter Surge HigherConsumer prices rose again in August, albeit at a slower pace than earlier in the summer. The Consumer Price Index rose 5.3 percent compared with a year ago, the Department of Labor said Tuesday. On a monthly basis, the CPI
< Economy, #Bidenflation, consumer price index, CPI, inflation >
- Business Insider 12:58September 14, 2021US stock futures waver ahead of key inflation data, while oil climbs for third day runningAction in stocks was muted as investors waited for the release of US consumer-price inflation data that could influence the Fed's decision making.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, UK market wrap, US futures, Dow Jones, s&p 500, nasdaq 100, CPI inflation, us inflation, Bond Yields, Federal Reserve, Dollar, bitcoin price, Stocks >
- Business Insider 23:06September 13, 2021Dow jumps 261 points as investors brace for latest inflation dataThe monthly inflation report will arrive before the Fed's September meeting where it will release its latest economic projections.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Stocks, stock market news, stocks Monday, s&p 500, Dow Jones Industrial Average, Federal Reserve, Inflation >
- Breitbart News 18:08September 13, 20213M's CFO Warns Inflation Is A Bigger Problem Than ExpectedThe company has been raising prices for its goods but "we are seeing inflation outstrip price,” the company's finance chief said.
< Economy, #Bidenflation, 3M, inflation >
- New York Magazine 14:00September 13, 2021The Big Problem With the Left’s Case Against Jerome PowellOne can imagine an aggressively anti-carbon Fed chair. But the U.S. Senate will not confirm one.
< the federal reserve, jerome powell, joe biden, inflation >
- Business Insider 12:12September 13, 2021Mohamed El-Erian says supply-chain disruptions around the world may last a couple of years - and bring 1970s-style stagflationary headwinds to the global economy"The culprit is some mix of disrupted supply chains, high transportation costs, container scarcity and congested ports," El-Erian said.
< Markets, Economy, MI Exclusive, Markets, Mohamed El-Erian, El-Erian, Supermarket, Stagflation, Inflation, Supply Chain, Labor Market, labor shortages, Economy, Markets and Economy >
- Business Insider 22:04September 10, 2021What to know about the main causes of inflationInflation is defined as the rising price of goods and services over time and caused by increases in demand or costs that exceed supply.
< Economy, Investing (Reference), Economics & Markets (Reference), Investing How To, service graphics, Rachel Mendelson, Economics & Markets, Inflation >
- Breitbart News 21:02September 10, 2021Food Inflation Hits Record High, Prices Up Sharply on Beef, Chicken, Pork, Turkey, Eggs, and FishPutting food on the kitchen table has become much more expensive, squeezing household budgets at a time when many families are already stressed by the Delta variant surge hitting as kids go back to school. Food prices rose a full
< Economy, #Bidenflation, Food, food prices, inflation, PPI >
- Breitbart News 15:33September 10, 2021Producer Prices Soar a Record 8.3% as Bidenflation Runs Hotter Than ExpectedPrices charged by U.S. businesses jumped higher in August, data from the Department of Labor said Friday.
< Economy, #Bidenflation, inflation, PPI, producer price index >
- Business Insider 15:00September 10, 2021Billionaire investor Leon Cooperman warns bitcoin buyers, rings the inflation alarm, and rules out an imminent market crash in a new interview. Here are the 14 best quotes.Cooperman slammed the Federal Reserve for juicing the economy, questioned the meme-stock craze, and bemoaned the tiny yields from bonds.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Leon Cooperman, Omega Advisors, Stocks, Billionaires, Federal Reserve, Inflation, Government, Robinhood, Meme stocks, crypto, Bitcoin, Bonds, Warren Buffett >
- Business Insider 21:09September 9, 2021Big meat companies are making your grocery trip more expensive, not inflation, a White House report saysPrices for beef, pork, and chicken have skyrocketed in recent months. The White House thinks it's coming from megacorporations in meatland.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Policy, Food, Food Prices, Tyson Foods, JBS, Meat, Smithfield, Inflation, Food Inflation >
- Breitbart News 00:27September 9, 2021Poll: Joe Biden's Approval Rating Collapses to 39 Percent, Lowest of PresidencyPresident Joe Biden's approval rating has collapsed to 39 percent, the lowest point of his presidency, according to a Wednesday Economist/YouGov poll.
< Economy, Politics, Afghanistan, coronavirus, inflation, Joe Biden, poll >
- Breitbart News 22:21September 8, 2021Supply Disruptions and Bidenflation Afflict Economy, Fed's Beige Book SaysShortages of workers and key inputs are slowing everything from retail to manufacturing while prices keep rising.
< Economy, #Bidenflation, Beige Book, Federal Reserve, inflation >
- Breitbart News 23:47September 6, 2021Labor Day: Real Wages Are Falling in the Biden EconomyCompared with a year ago, real average hourly wages are down 1.2 percent.
< Economy, #Bidenflation, inflation >
- Breitbart News 17:29September 6, 2021Summer Bummer: Joe Biden Presidency Suffers from Historic FailurePresident Joe Biden is failing on nearly every single major issue for Americans as support for his presidency continues to drop.
< Politics, Afghanistan, economy, inflation, job approval, Jobs, Joe Biden, unemployment, White House >
- Business Insider 20:03September 3, 2021Billionaire investor John Paulson is bracing for higher inflation and expects a gold rush. He's loaded up on mining and energy stocks in preparation.Paulson, who made a fortune betting on the housing bubble to burst, now expects commodity prices to rise.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, John Paulson, Paulson & Co., Billionaires, Inflation, Federal Reserve, Gold, metals, Commodities, Energy, Stocks >
- Business Insider 17:59September 3, 2021The arguments for firing Jay Powell are tiresome and stupidThe Fed's main job is monetary policy. Jay Powell has made excellent monetary policy. So his opponents must search for bizarre reasons to replace him.
< Opinion, Finance, Politics, Markets, Economy, Jerome Powell, Federal Reserve, Joe Biden, Climate Change, Job Market, Full employment, Interest Rates, Monetary Policy, Bank Regulation, Inflation, Labor Market, Wage Growth, BI Commentary, Opinion, columnist >
- Business Insider 22:06September 2, 2021Your online orders are late and more expensive because of 3 global traffic jamsAmericans may need to get used to waiting around and paying more for the things they want as the supply crunch worsens around the world.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Inflation, Supply Shortage, Shipping container, Supply Chain, Shopping, Consumer spending, Supply Crisis, Policy >
- Business Insider 19:19September 2, 2021With US stocks on the staircase up, Wharton professor Jeremy Siegel lays out why the next inflation reading is more important than the monthly jobs report"I think the inflation news, not tomorrow's employment report that everyone is looking at ... might be more important," Siegel said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Jeremy Siegel, Stock Market Outlook, Wharton School of Business, Stock Market, Inflation, Jobs Report, Stocks 2021, stocks and the economy >
- New York Magazine 16:00September 2, 2021When America Had a Moral Panic Over InflationThe economic crisis of the 1970s has valuable lessons for Joe Biden.
< economy, inflation, ronald reagan, jimmy carter, paul volcker, federal reserve >
- Business Insider 15:16September 2, 2021Billionaire investor Bill Gross says ultra-low yields mean bonds are 'garbage' - and says stocks could soon be trash too"Cash has been trash for a long time but there are now new contenders for the investment garbage can," Bill Gross said in a letter this week.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Bill Gross, Bill Gross Investment Outlook, Bond Yields, US Bonds, US stocks, Federal Reserve, Inflation >
- Business Insider 20:50September 1, 2021Boomers worry about inflation eating their savings. Gen Zers worry about climate change eating their planet.The economy has been geared toward tackling inflation for 40 years, but that may change as the generations split on which crisis to tackle first.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Generational Differences, Millennials, gen zers, Baby Boomers, Inflation, Inflation Expectations, Climate Change, Economic Risks, Economic Crisis, BI Graphics, Andy Kiersz, Policy >
- Business Insider 13:03September 1, 2021Global stocks rise as downbeat data fail to dent investor optimism, while oil recovers from the Hurricane Ida falloutInvestors are upbeat despite Caixin data showing Chinese factory activity fell into contraction, as the ADP private payrolls report ushers in the monthly US jobs report due Friday.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, ukmarketwrap, stocks and inflation, stocks and the economy, China, Stock Market, COVID-19, coronavirus, Inflation, Eurozone inflation >
- The Guardian(UK) 08:01September 1, 2021Shop prices rise amid driver shortages and Brexit red tapeRetail data shows 0.4% month-on-month increase in August, with 0.6% rise in non-foodUK shop prices rose last month, according to the latest data from the British Retail Consortium, in a sign that driver shortages and the costs of Brexit-induced red tape are beginning to hit household budgets.The latest figures from the BRC and research group NielsenIQ reveal a 0.4% month-on-month rise in August. This was driven by a 0.6% rise in non-food prices, including a sharp increase in the cost of electrical goods caused by shortages of micro-chips and shipping problems. Continue reading...
< Inflation, Supermarkets, Business, Economics, Retail industry, UK news, Coronavirus, Brexit, Foreign policy, European Union, Politics, World news, Couriers/delivery industry, Europe >
- Business Insider 23:03August 31, 2021US stocks slide from record highs amid concerns around the economic impact of rising COVID-19 cases"Stocks can't go up forever," Ryan Detrick of LPL Financial said. "This reinforces our belief that in the event of a well-deserved pullback."
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Stock Market, S&P, Dow Jones, stock advice, wti oil, WTI oil price, Brent Crude Oil, Brent crude oil price, Zoom, crypto, eToro, ftx, ftx.us, Sam Bankman-Fried, Globalstar, Allbirds, Allbirds stock, Zoom app, Zoom stock, crypto adoption, crypto allocation, Federal Reserve, FOMC, FOMC meeting, Inflation, Taper, Bond Purchase Program >
- Business Insider 19:20August 30, 2021Mohamed El-Erian says the Fed's timetable for tapering is slow and could be 'problematic' for economic stability"I can see them delay," El-Erian told CNBC. "Clearly not September now. November will be tricky. Maybe December."
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Inflation, Federal Reserve, tapering, asset purchase, asset purchases, FOMC, FOMC meeting minutes, FOMC meeting, Federal Open Market Committee, Jerome Powell, Central Bank, Mohamed El-Erian, Allianz, Allianz Global Investors, Cambridge University, queens college >
- Breitbart News 14:00August 28, 2021Hayward: 7 Major Biden Disasters in 7 MonthsJoe Biden’s first half-year in office concluded with a string of disasters and failures to deliver on his campaign rhetoric.
< Economy, National Security, Politics, Afghanistan, Border Crisis, coroanvirus, eviction moratorium, Gas Prices, Huawei, inflation, Joe Biden, Supreme Court >
- Business Insider 15:41August 27, 2021Inflation is cooling off just as economists, the Fed, and Biden expectedThe Personal Consumption Expenditures price index climbed 0.4% in July, matching the median forecast. It was a slowdown from June's pace.
< Economy, Markets, Economy, pce inflation, pce, Personal Consumption Expenditures, Inflation, inflation gauge, Economic Indicators, Economic Data, inflation outlook, Inflation Report >
- Business Insider 23:05August 25, 2021S&P 500, Nasdaq close at new highs as investors look to the upcoming speech of Fed Chair Powell"There could be a partial assessment of the economic situation," an analyst said. "The transitory inflation mantra should be reiterated."
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Stock Market, NASDAQ, S&P, Markets and Economy, Inflation, Federal Resere, Jackson Hole, Brent Crude Oil, WTI oil price, Gold, Bitcoin, crypto >
- Business Insider 16:50August 25, 2021A majority of investors believe inflation is transitory - but many are still positioning their portfolios for rising prices, an E*Trade survey reveals78% of investors surveyed in a recent E*Trade study are aligned with the Fed's outlook that inflation is transitory.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Stock Market Outlook, Inflation, transitory inflation, Fed, Fed inflation outlook, Fed Jackson Hole >
- Business Insider 16:32August 25, 2021US stocks hover near record highs as investors await Fed Chair Powell's latest speechAll eyes will be on Fed Chair Jerome Powell's speech in Wyoming this week for signs of tapering asset purchases as the economy recovers.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Stock Market, Federal Reserve, Inflation, inflation and stocks, Jackson Hole, wti crude oil, WTI Crude, wti crude oil price, Brent, Brent Crude Oil, Brent crude oil price, Bitcoin, crypto, Gold >
- Business Insider 07:01August 25, 2021Millennials just don't care about inflation as much as boomers doBoomers have long been economically fearless, but anything that hits their savings crosses the line. Millennials don't mind as much, Bankrate finds.
< Economy, Markets, Economy, Inflation, inflation fears, Inflation debate, Inflation Expectations, inflation outlook, inflation risks, economic outlook, Bankrate, price growth >
- Business Insider 17:45August 23, 2021'Big Short' investor Michael Burry is betting that interest rates are about to go upBond yields have fallen steadily in recent months, requiring a trend reversal for Burry's Scion Asset Management to profit.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Michael Burry, US Treasury, Fed, Inflation, Bonds >
- Business Insider 15:26August 21, 2021'Team Transitory' is proving the fear mongers wrong and winning the battle over inflationExperts who have argued that the red hot inflation data is just a temporary surge in prices got a lot of ammunition in the last CPI report.
< Opinion, Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Policy, Inflation, used car prices, COVID-19, Prices, Consumer Price Index, CPI, BI Commentary, permalancer, Opinion >