- The Guardian(UK) 08:00September 22, 2021British Rail logo designer appalled by green makeover ‘mess’Gerry Barney says updated branding, to be used by Great British Railways, uses too many coloursThe designer of the familiar British Rail logo has warned against government plans to revamp the symbol and dismissed an attempt to give it a green makeover as a “load of old bollocks”.The transport secretary, Grant Shapps, has said his plans for the new Great British Railways will involve “updated versions of the classic ‘double-arrow’ logo” when the system is launched next year. He has promised “a single familiar brand with a bold new vision for passengers – of punctual services, simpler tickets and a modern and green railway that meets the needs of the nation”. Continue reading...
< Design, UK news, Rail transport, Rail industry, Transport, Transport policy, Grant Shapps, Politics, Business, Infrastructure, Art and design >
- Breitbart News 04:39September 22, 2021Jim Banks Calls on Republicans to Oppose ‘Fake Infrastructure Deal’House Republican Study Committee (RSC) Chairman Jim Banks (R-IN) told Breitbart News during a press conference Tuesday that Republicans should oppose the "fake" $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill.
< Politics, Byron Donalds, infrastructure, Jim Banks, Kevin Hern, Kevin McCarthy, Republican Study Committee, Yvette Herrell >
- New York Magazine 19:43September 21, 2021The Infrastructure Bill May Be Bipartisan, But Republicans Won’t Help Save ItSince the value of this bill to centrist Democrats is strictly its bipartisanship, what does it say that Kevin McCarthy will happily watch it die?
< politics, congress, bipartisan infrastructure deal, kevin mccarthy, fy 2022 budget resolution, fy 2022 budget reconciliation, nancy pelosi, democratic centrists, democratic progressives, mitch mcconnell >
- Business Insider 20:36September 20, 2021The stakes of passing Biden's agenda are 4 million jobs a year, study saysOver 1 million caregiving jobs could be supported each year, according to the Economic Policy Institute's analysis of the Build Back Better Agenda.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, EPI, Policy, Jobs, spending plan, Reconciliation, Infrastructure, BI Graphics >
- Breitbart News 17:33September 20, 2021Report: Kyrsten Sinema Issues Joe Biden Ultimatum, Demands House Vote on Senate-Passed $1.2 Trillion Infrastructure Bill by September 27 or No $3.5 Trillion BillSen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) has reportedly demanded House Speaker Pelosi (D-CA) to honor her promise of commencing a vote for the bipartisan infrastructure bill on or before September 27. If the House fails to pass the bill on deadline, Sinema will reportedly not support President Biden's $3.5 trillion trojan horse reconciliation package.
< Economy, Politics, infrastructure, infrastructure bill, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Kurt Schrader, Kyrsten Sinema, Nancy Pelosi >
- Business Insider 13:40September 20, 2021A Senate official dashed Democrats' hopes of expanding citizenship for migrants in the $3.5 trillion budget billThe ruling ends the chances of using the huge spending bill to solve the issue that has faced successive administrations.
< Politics, Democratic Party, Immigration Reform, $3.5 trillion infrastructure bill, dreamers, Senate parliamentrian, budget reconciliation, News UK >
- Breitbart News 03:33September 20, 2021Report: Joe Manchin Pushes for 'Strategic Pause' for $3.5 Trillion Infrastructure Bill Until Next YearSen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) said that President Joe Biden and the Democrat-led Congress should take a "strategic pause" from the Democrats' $3.5 trillion infrastructure bill, according to Axios.
< Politics, Chuck Schumer, infrastructure, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Nancy Pelosi >
- Business Insider 20:25September 19, 2021Trump is actively working to oust McConnell as Senate Republican leader: reportMcConnell, a deft politician and prodigious fundraiser, has led the Senate GOP caucus since 2007, serving as majority leader from 2015 until 2021.
< Politics, Donald Trump, Mitch McConnell, senate republicans, bipartisan infrastructure, 2022 midterms, GOP >
- Breaking Defense 01:38September 17, 2021USG Warns Of ‘Critical’ Vulnerability That Poses ‘Serious Risk’ to Defense Contractors, Others“The FBI, CISA, and CGCYBER assess that advanced persistent threat cyber actors are likely among those exploiting the vulnerability,” the joint advisory notes.
< Global, Networks / Cyber, Coast Guard Cyber Command, CyberAttack, CyberAttacks, cybersecurity, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency CISA, FBI, Zoho's ManageEngine, Zoho's ManageEngine hack >
- Business Insider 22:44September 16, 2021Biden calls out US billionaire wealth surging $1.8 trillion during the pandemic: 'It's simply not fair'Biden urged Congress to pass a $3.5 trillion spending plan that would include money for IRS tax enforcement and the monthly child tax credit.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Joe Biden, Infrastructure, Biden child tax credit, Inequality, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, affordable childcare, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, Biden administration, Direct payments, Economy >
- Business Insider 20:52September 16, 2021Democrats may leave a tax loophole billionaires love untouched. Closing it would dent the fortunes of Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk."Stepped-up basis" lets billionaires transfer assets without paying taxes. Closing it could help raise more than $320 billion, the White House said.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Policy, Tax Law, House Ways and Means Committee, Wealth Tax, step-up basis, Taxes, infrastructure plan, House Democrats, Senate Democrats, President Joe Biden, Ron Wyden, Kyrsten Sinema, Joe Manchin, Richard Neal, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Billionaires, wealth inequality >
- Business Insider 23:05September 15, 2021Democrats have to pass Biden's agenda or the US won't get back to pre-crisis prosperity, Oxford Economics saysDemocrats have weeks to pass a multitrillion-dollar spending plan. Failing to do so would doom the US to a subpar recovery, the research firm said.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Stimulus, Biden infrastructure, Senate Democrats, House Democrats, infrastructure bill, infrastructure spending, Reconciliation, Oxford Economics, Nancy Vanden Houten, Gregory Daco, economic outlook, Economic Recovery, Policy >
- Business Insider 22:27September 15, 2021Sen. Bernie Sanders remains firm on $3.5 trillion price tag despite grumbles from Sens. Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema"It will be $3.5 trillion. I already compromised... most of the members of the caucus wanted $6 trillion," Sen. Sanders told CNN's Anderson Cooper.
< Politics, Bernie Sanders, infrastructure bill >
- Business Insider 14:00September 15, 2021Biden wants 45% of US electricity to come from solar power by 2050. An energy tech expert breaks down what it would take.The switch to clean energy to lower carbon emissions is possible, but it would require major structural change at most US energy companies.
< Science, Sustainability, Nordic, The Conversation, Biden, Climate Change, solar power, Infrastructure, Contribtutor, Contributor 2021, Opinion, Energy >
- Business Insider 22:46September 13, 2021Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez blasts Sen. Joe Manchin for 'weird, patronizing behavior' after he referred to her as a 'young lady'"I don't know the young lady that well," Manchin said of Ocasio-Cortez. "We have not had any conversations."
< Politics, News, AOC, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Congress, Infrastructure, Reconciliation, Package, Bill, Joe Manchin, Senate, House >
- Business Insider 13:30September 13, 2021As Dems try to agree a $3.5 trillion spending plan, Sen. Joe Manchin - whose vote is essential - wants to cut the cost by almost 60%Manchin has repeatedly stood in the way of plans by Democrats to pass huge new government spending. It can't happen without his vote.
< Politics, Sen. Joe Manchin, infrastructure bill 2021, Biden administration, News UK >
- Business Insider 04:26September 13, 2021A leaked tax plan draft shows how Democrats want to raise $2.9 trillion from wealthy Americans and big corporations, rolling back Trump-era tax cutsA document circulating among House Democrats says high-earning Americans with incomes over $5 million could see a 3% "surtax."
< Economy, Politics, House Democrats, Richard Neal, Trump tax cuts, Trump Tax Law, Corporate taxes, Joe Manchin, White House, Biden infrastructure plan, Congress, Taxes >
- Breitbart News 02:51September 13, 2021Democrat Support for $3.5 Trillion Infrastructure Bill FaltersSen. Mark Warner (D-VA) said Sunday he cannot support the $3.5 trillion infrastructure bill in its current form.
< Politics, Bernie Sanders, infrastructure, Joe Manchin, Mark Warner >
- Breitbart News 16:56September 12, 2021Manchin: I Will Not Vote for $3.5 Trillion Reconciliation Bill Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) said Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union" that he will not vote for the $3.5 trillion reconciliation package that the Democrats are trying to pass as a companion bill to the infrastructure package.
< Clips, Politics, Chuck Schumer, infrastructure, Joe Manchin, reconciliation >
- Business Insider 16:41September 10, 2021Democrats' climate investments would create 7.7 million new jobs and add nearly $1 trillion to the economy by 2031, report saysBy incentivizing utilities to transition to clean energy, the program could create jobs in retail, manufacturing, and construction across the country.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Climate Change, House Energy and Commerce Committee, Green Energy, clean energy, Clean Electricity Payment Program, Biden infrastructure plan, Policy >
- Business Insider 21:52September 9, 2021Industrial stocks will suffer from a 'whittling down' of Biden's infrastructure bill and investors should shed exposure to the sector, CFRA saysCFRA says to cut exposure to the nearly $6 trillion S&P 500 industrial sector, which has gained 16% so far this year.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Industrial Stocks, S&P 500 industrial sector, infrastructure bill, Construction Spending, Construction equipment, Biden agenda, S&P 500 Sectors, stocks and the economy >
- Breaking Defense 21:23September 9, 2021Beyond Iran, the US and Israel Must Work Together to Counter ChinaAmerica should help Israel develop mechanisms for reviewing both inbound investments and outbound commerce to counter Chinese influence, argue three experts from JINSA.
< Global, biden, China, infrastructure, iran, iran nuclear, Iran nuclear deal, Israel, middle east, mideast, Naftali Bennett, op-ed. op-eds. commentary >
- Business Insider 18:47September 9, 2021Advancing Cities: Urban centers improving life for their residents, businesses, and visitorsInsider's 'Advancing Cities' highlights urban centers across the U.S. that are committed to improving life for residents, businesses, and visitors.
< Community, Sustainability, Innovation, Strategy, Technology, Transportation, Advancing Cities, Honolulu, San Antonio, Boston, Raleigh-Durham, raleigh, durham nc, Digital transformation, Sustainability, Infrastructure, manufactruing, Technology, Innovation, ac-shell, Transportation, Edit Series, BI Graphics, Kazi Awal, Skye Gould >
- Business Insider 03:02September 9, 2021Senate Democrats weigh extending Biden's monthly $300 checks to families to 2024 in $3.5 trillion social spending planSome low-income people may be excluded from tapping into the full amount of the child allowance after 2024 due to budgetary snags.
< Economy, Politics, Joe Biden, child allowance, Child tax credit, Senate, House Democrats, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Stimulus, Biden infrastructure, Biden stimulus >
- Business Insider 21:18September 8, 2021Democrats want to expand free school lunch to 9 million more kids - and give you universal pre-K and affordable childcare tooThe White House previously estimated that 5 million children would benefit from universal pre-K, and the average family would save $13,000.
< Economy, Markets, Economy, Reconciliation, Biden, Stimulus bill, Build Back Better, Infrastructure, infrastructure bill 2021, infrastructure spending, Childcare, Universal Pre-K, free school meals >
- Business Insider 18:03September 8, 2021President Biden says jobs that pay $45 or $50 an hour - not $7 or $12 - are part of his climate infrastructure planBiden said each dollar invested in his Build Back Better plan returns six dollars in savings on climate-related emergency expenses.
< Politics, Economy, News, Retail, Biden, Build Back Better, Climate Change, Infrastructure, Ida >
- Breitbart News 20:45September 6, 2021Joe Biden Looks to Stuff Government Funding Bill with Leftist GoodiesPresident Joe Biden hopes to stuff the government funding bill with leftist "anomalies" as lawmakers continue to negotiate a way to keep the government running.
< Politics, Debt ceiling, infrastructure, Joe Biden >
- Business Insider 15:24September 4, 2021The Democrats are on the verge of completely and utterly blowing it for vulnerable AmericansIf the Democrats don't pass the popular reconciliation and bipartisan bills, they'll lose the midterms, rendering Biden's presidency a wash.
< Opinion, Politics, News, Economy, Opinion, BI Commentary, Commentary Freelancer, Democrats, Midterms, Congress, Politics, infrastructure bill, Supreme Court, 2022 elections, Mitch McConnell, Joe Biden >
- Business Insider 20:14September 3, 2021Biden warns corporations like Apple, Disney, and ExxonMobil that are trying to squash his tax hikes: 'I'm going to take them on'"It's time for working families, the folks who built this country, to have their taxes cut," Biden said in remarks following the August jobs report.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Biden, Jobs, Tax Hikes, Corporate Tax, Tax Reform, Wealthy, Corporations, Infrastructure, Reconciliation, Joe Manchin >
- Business Insider 19:07September 3, 2021Biden touts his plan to tax the rich following a disappointing jobs report, but says the super-wealthy can still 'have their 3 homes'After the August jobs report tanked, Biden said his plans to raise taxes on corporations and people earning more than $400K would revive the economy.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Biden, Jobs, Job Growth, Taxes, Wealthy, Corporate tax hike, Tax Reform, Infrastructure, Reconciliation >
- Business Insider 22:54September 2, 2021Joe Manchin said Democrats should 'hit the pause button' on $3.5 trillion spending plan and demands cuts to the price tagManchin is one of two holdouts in the party-line deal. Without his vote, Biden's plans for a revamped economy could be derailed.
< Economy, Politics, Joe Manchin, Joe Biden, Congress, Senate Democrats, Republicans, Democrats, Nancy Pelosi, Infrastructure, Economy, White House >
- Breaking Defense 18:59August 26, 2021HASC Budget Markup Creates Cyber Info Sharing Capabilities, DISA Cyber Procurement OfficeNotably, the bill calls for private sector engagement in developing new cyber threat sharing capabilities.
< Congress, Networks / Cyber, Pentagon, 2022 NDAA, cyber threat intelligence, cybersecurity, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency CISA, Defense Budget 2022, Defense Information Systems Agency, Department of Homeland Security, DISA, HASC, House Armed Services Commitee, information sharing, National Security Agency, nsa >
- Business Insider 17:55August 26, 2021Bernie Sanders shuts down moderates' complaints that $3.5 trillion social spending plan needs cuts: 'I already negotiated'Sanders initially sought a $6 trillion budget plan, but later struck a deal with moderate Democrats like Mark Warner.
< Economy, Politics, Bernie Sanders, Kyrsten Sinema, Joe Manchin, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Donald Trump, Biden administration, Congress, Senate, House, Infrastructure >
- Business Insider 15:42August 26, 2021Elon Musk's water filters for schools in Flint are almost readyElon Musk donated $480,000 to fund new water filtration systems for Flint, Michigan schools following the city's infamous water crisis.
< Technology, News, Elon Musk, Flint Michigan, flint water crisis, Water, Drinking Water, Infrastructure >
- Business Insider 22:48August 25, 2021Sen. Chuck Schumer warns of 'horrendous outcomes' for the climate if Congress doesn't pass infrastructure and social safety net billsBoth bills will help hit Biden's target of reducing carbon emissions by 50% by 2030, Schumer wrote in a letter.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Chuck Schumer, climate crisis, Climate Change, Infrastructure, Reconciliation, Carbon Emissions, Biden, Pramila Jayapal >
- Breitbart News 00:25August 25, 2021Democrats Pass $3.5 Trillion Budget After Moderate Democrats CaveHouse Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and moderate Democrats struck a compromise Tuesday on the path forward to voting on the so-called bipartisan infrastructure bill and adopting the $3.5 trillion budget resolution.
< Politics, bitcoin, infrastructure, infrastructure package, Josh Gottheimer, Nancy Pelosi >
- Business Insider 23:18August 24, 2021After bitter showdown, House Democrats advance $3.5 trillion spending plan with Biden child allowance and tuition-free community collegeThe vote capped a stunning clash between Pelosi and moderate Democrats that Rep. Ilhan Omar told reporters it was a "sh*tshow."
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, Josh Gottheimer, Biden infrastructure bill, Biden infrastructure, Medicare, Taxes, Free community college, Ilhan Omar, Economy >
- Breitbart News 19:09August 23, 2021Joe Biden Tries to Change the Subject from Afghanistan to ‘Infrastructure’President Joe Biden is redirecting his focus on Monday from Afghanistan to House Democrats who are threatening to block House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-CA) budget resolution for the "infrastructure" spending spree.
< Asia, Politics, Afghanistan, infrastructure, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi >
- Business Insider 18:13August 23, 2021Biden's $3.5 trillion economic plans could see big cuts as moderate Sen. Kyrsten Sinema doubles down in opposition to costThe plan could pave the way for Medicare's expansion, initiatives to combat the climate crisis, and set up tuition-free community college.
< Economy, Politics, Policy, Kyrsten Sinema, Joe Manchin, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, Nancy Pelosi, Biden infrastructure bill >
- Business Insider 17:34August 23, 2021A group of moderate House Democrats is headed for a showdown with Pelosi that could jeopardize Biden's infrastructure agenda"We are firmly opposed to holding the president's infrastructure legislation hostage," the group wrote in a Sunday Washington Post op-ed.
< Politics, Infrastructure >
- Breitbart News 15:55August 23, 2021Moderate Democrats Rail Against Nancy Pelosi Holding Infrastructure Bill 'Hostage'House moderate Democrats railed against House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) using the so-called bipartisan infrastructure bill as "leverage" to pass the Democrats' $3.5 trillion bill.
< Politics, infrastructure, infrastructure package, Josh Gottheimer, Nancy Pelosi >
- Breitbart News 21:57August 22, 2021Exclusive — Sen. Hagerty: ‘Completely Incompetent’ Biden Will Screw Up ‘Infrastructure’ Just Like AfghanistanSen. Bill Hagerty (R-TN) told Breitbart News exclusively that the wide-scale incompetence in Democrat President Joe Biden's administration on display through the disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan is proof that it is foolish to think Biden and his administration could manage the implementation of a multi-trillion dollar infrastructure plan in the United States.
< Politics, Afghanistan, Bernie Sanders, Bill Hagerty, Chuck Schumer, Congress, Donald Trump, House, infrastructure, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Kamala Harris, Kyrsten Sinema, Nancy Pelosi, On the Hill, Senate, socialist, Tennessee >
- New York Magazine 23:19August 20, 2021Democrats Should (Privately) Write Off 2022 and Just GovernWhen the deal goes down on Biden’s agenda in Congress, vulnerable Democrats should not be given bragging rights for thwarting their own party.
< politics, 2022 midterms, nancy pelosi, joe biden, chuck schumer, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema, centrists, bill clinton, donald trump, george w. bush, barack obama, vision 2024, fy 2022 budget reconciliation bill, bipartisan infrastructure bill >
- Business Insider 18:38August 18, 2021These 12 stocks will benefit most from Biden's $1 trillion infrastructure plan, according to Bank of AmericaThe spending plan includes funding for roads, bridges, and broadband. Expect engineering, construction, and machinery stocks to win out, BofA said.
< Economy, Markets, Features, Biden infrastructure, Biden infrastructure plan, Biden infrastructure bill, infrastructure bill 2021, infrastructure bill, infrastructure stocks, Stock Picks, Bank of America, engineering stocks, construction stocks, machinery stocks, Economy >
- Business Insider 20:10August 17, 2021Janet Yellen has 3 reasons why Biden's trillions in spending won't destroy the economyIn an opinion piece, the Treasury Secretary says Biden is making up for 40 years of underspending. Americans "should - and can - have" that economy.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Janet Yellen, Biden, Infrastructure, Reconciliation, Build Back Better, Taxes, Corporate tax hike, AOC, Childcare, eldercare, Paid Leave >
- Breitbart News 18:40August 17, 2021Establishment Media: White House 'Overwhelmed' by Afghanistan Crisis While Facing Other 'Huge Challenges'The establishment media reported Tuesday the White House is "currently overwhelmed by the Afghanistan crisis," while facing the southern border crisis, debt limit crisis, and an uncompromising infrastructure fight on Capital Hill.
< Media, Politics, Afghanistan, border, inflation, infrastructure, Joe Biden >
- New York Magazine 00:42August 17, 2021Democrats in Congress Need to Cut to the Chase With a Deal on EverythingIt’s time for Democrats to stop threatening each other over infrastructure and reconciliation and pass Biden’s agenda, before it’s too late.
< politics, democrats, bipartisan infrastructure deal, fy 2022 budget resolutioin, fy 2022 budget reconciliation, american jobs plan, american families plan, afghanistan, nancy pelosi, chuck schumer, 2022 midterms, joe biden, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema, democratic centrists, democratic progressives >
- Business Insider 18:05August 16, 202161% of small businesses think Delta stopped the economic recovery in its tracksA survey for the Wall Street Journal found small business confidence is at its lowest level since March as COVID-19 cases rise.
< Economy, Markets, Small Business, Politics, Small Business, Small Business Owner, Consumer Confidence, delta variant, Businesses, COVID-19, Biden, Infrastructure, Economy >
- Business Insider 13:45August 15, 2021Richard Nixon sabotaged a generation of women, but now Congress has another chance - if it can pass Biden's $3.5 trillion spending planIn 1971, Nixon vetoed "care economy" measures similar to Biden's agenda. If they don't pass now, "we could lose that momentum for another generation."
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Policy, Joe Biden, Richard Nixon, American Families Plan, contributors 2019, Infrastructure, Reconciliation, women in the workplace >
- Breitbart News 04:58August 15, 2021Exclusive: How 'Buy American' Rules Were Kept Out of Infrastructure BillAmidst some of the worst days of the Chinese coronavirus crisis in 2020, former Trump administration officials were seeing firsthand the impact of the United States' dependence on foreign imports as a result of decades-long free trade policies.
< Economy, Politics, American manufacturing, American workers, buy american, Democrats, economic nationalism, infrastructure bill, Joe Biden, Made in America, Middle Class, Republican Hindu Coalition, Republicans >