- Business Insider 18:23October 19, 2021Evergrande's deal to sell a majority stake in its property services unit to smaller rival has been put on hold, report saysEvergrande was in talks to sell 51% of its property services unit to Hopson Development Holdings for around $2.6 billion, Reuters reported.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Evergrande, evergrande china, Evergrande collapse, evergrande correction, Evergrande crisis, Evergrande Health, evergrande selloff, China Stock Market >
- The Guardian 18:00October 19, 2021‘Case closed’: 99.9% of scientists agree climate emergency caused by humansTrawl of 90,000 studies finds consensus, leading to call for Facebook and Twitter to curb disinformationThe scientific consensus that humans are altering the climate has passed 99.9%, according to research that strengthens the case for global action at the Cop26 summit in Glasgow.The degree of scientific certainty about the impact of greenhouse gases is now similar to the level of agreement on evolution and plate tectonics, the authors say, based on a survey of nearly 90,000 climate-related studies. This means there is practically no doubt among experts that burning fossil fuels, such as oil, gas, coal, peat and trees, is heating the planet and causing more extreme weather. Continue reading...
< Climate crisis, Environment, Climate change, Science, Research, Higher education, US news, World news, Greenhouse gas emissions, Climate science denial >
- The Guardian(UK) 16:11October 19, 2021Science Museum chooses fossil fuel company as new climate show sponsorCampaigners say museum ‘doubling down’ on ‘reckless’ choices of funder with backing from arm of coal giant AdaniThe UK’s Science Museum has “doubled down” on its sponsorship of climate exhibitions by fossil fuel companies, campaigners say, by taking funding from a subsidiary of the Adani Group.Adani is a conglomerate with major holdings in coal, the most polluting fossil fuel. The Energy Revolution gallery, opening in 2023, will be sponsored by Adani’s Green Energy arm. Continue reading...
< Climate crisis, Museums, Culture, Environment, UK news >
- The Guardian(UK) 15:57October 19, 2021UK government reveals net zero plan it says will create up to 440,000 jobsLong-awaited plan aims to expand electric car use and windfarms and commits £120m to new nuclear plantToday’s politics news – live updatesThe UK government has set out its long-awaited strategy for reaching net zero emissions, with a plan ministers said would create up to 440,000 jobs and “unlock” £90bn in investment in the next decade, most of it from private sector companies.But experts and campaigners said the proposals did not go far enough and were under-funded, while the government would continue to support fossil fuels. Continue reading...
< Green economy, UK news, Cop26, Climate crisis, Boris Johnson, Environment, Politics, Wind power, Renewable energy, Energy, Electric, hybrid and low-emission cars, Greenhouse gas emissions, Motoring, Technology, Travel and transport, Carbon capture and storage (CCS) >
- The Guardian(UK) 11:38October 19, 2021Minister hints at gas boilers ban but says market should drive changeAnne-Marie Trevelyan urges firms to encourage shift to heat pumps, amid criticism of limited £5,000 grantsGas boilers could be banned in future but the government believes the market should drive changes to home heating systems, the cabinet minister Anne-Marie Trevelyan has said, amid criticism of the limited grants system for heat pumps.Ministers had been under pressure to set a date to ban the installation of new gas boilers in existing homes, but on Tuesday announced the installation of low carbon heat pumps would be encouraged with a grant system of £5,000 for up to 90,000 homes in England and Wales. Continue reading...
< Energy, Energy efficiency, Politics, Environment, Anne-Marie Trevelyan, Ethical and green living, Gas, Fossil fuels, Climate crisis, UK news, Wales >
- Business Insider 11:04October 19, 2021Evergrande's Hong Kong unit has paid a $19 million onshore bond coupon due today, prioritizing the domestic marketEvergrande's flagship Hong Kong unit has paid a $19 million onshore bond coupon due Tuesday, Reuters reported.
< Real Estate, Real Estate, China, Evergrande, Debt Crisis, Economy, Bonds >
- Business Insider 09:40October 19, 2021Demand for land in China is slumping as the Evergrande crisis unfolds, and local governments have withdrawn more than 200 plots of land from auction in the past monthThe withdrawal of the land from auctions comes as banks are tightening lending to property developers in the wake of Evergrande's debt crisis.
< Real Estate, China, Real Estate, Evergrande, Debt Crisis, Home sales >
- The Guardian(UK) 08:01October 19, 2021Earth’s demise could rid galaxy of meaning, warns Brian Cox ahead of Cop26Unique events that led to civilisation mean its demise could ‘eliminate meaning in galaxy for ever’Humans might be the only intelligent beings in our galaxy, so destroying our civilisation could be a galactic disaster, Prof Brian Cox has warned leaders in the run-up to Cop26.Speaking at the launch of his new BBC Two series Universe, the physicist and presenter said that having spoken to the scientists around the world advising the show, he thought that humans and sentient life on Earth “might be a remarkable, naturally occurring phenomenon” and that was something that “world leaders might need to know”.Universe starts on BBC2 on 27 October Continue reading...
< Brian Cox, Climate crisis, Cop26, Space, Astronomy, Physics, Television, Science, UK news, BBC >
- The Guardian(UK) 00:00October 19, 2021£5,000 grants unveiled to support home heat pump installationFunding comes as part of government’s heat and buildings strategy, but campaigners say plan lacks ambition Ministers have unveiled plans for £5,000 grants to allow people to install home heat pumps and other low-carbon boiler replacements as part of a wider heat and buildings strategy that some campaigners warned lacked sufficient ambition and funding.Labour also condemned the plans as “more of Boris Johnson’s hot air”, without sufficient substance. Continue reading...
< Energy, Kwasi Kwarteng, Boris Johnson, Politics, Energy efficiency, Environment, Ethical and green living, UK news, Homes, Climate crisis >
- Business Insider 22:18October 18, 2021Americans are buying more stuff than ever before, and it's jamming up the supply chainAmericans are spending on the homebody economy and making big life changes. Spending on experiences, though, is taking a backseat.
< Economy, Markets, Economy, Supply Chain, supply chain crisis, Consumer Behavior, Consumer spending, Trade War, Financial Behavior, Pandemic, Homebody economy, Spending, Shopping, BI Graphics >
- Business Insider 19:02October 18, 2021A high school is teaching teens to drive big rigs during the nationwide trucker shortageAmid a shortage in truck drivers, one high school is offering an elective class in truck driving to attract young talent to the industry.
< Transportation, Retail, News, Truck, Trucking, trucking industry, labor shortages, Truck driver, High School, Teenagers, truck driver shortage, vocational education, supply chain crisis, supply chain issues >
- The Guardian 18:58October 18, 2021US and China urged to find way to work together before Cop26Former UN secretary-general Ban Ki-moon appeals to Joe Biden and Xi Jinping to meet and find common groundUS president Joe Biden and the president of China, Xi Jinping, have been urged to meet before the UN Cop26 climate talks to search for common ground by the former UN secretary-general Ban Ki-moon and other prominent global voices.“We are appealing to the leaders of the US and China to see their common interest and find a way to work together. We need an ambitious 2030 [carbon] target from China and the US to deliver what they have pledged,” said Ban, speaking on behalf of the Elders group of former world statespeople and prominent community and business leaders. Continue reading...
< Cop26, Climate crisis, China, Environment, US news, Joe Biden, Xi Jinping, Ban Ki-moon >
- Huffington Post UK 18:49October 18, 20213 Times The Government Has Been Accused Of 'Environmental Vandalism' Ahead Of COP26
< Politics, england, climate crisis, cop26, carbon stores, moors, peatland, climate-crisis, carbon-stores >
- Business Insider 16:40October 18, 2021US stocks slip as China growth slowdown, energy crisis dampen bullishnessWhile China's economy expanded in the third quarter of the year, the growth was the nation's weakest pace since the third quarter of 2020.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Stock Market, wti oil, WTI oil price, Brent Crude Oil, Brent crude oil price, Gold, Gold Price, S&P, s&p 500, NASDAQ, nasdaq 100, Dow Jones Industrial Average, Bitcoin, Bitcoin ETF, bticoin etf, Energy Crisis, China GDP, Square, crypto, Inflation, Bank of America >
- Modern Tokyo Times 16:11October 18, 2021Russia hopes for a U-turn in the EU’s energy policyRussia hopes for a U-turn in the EU’S energy policy Publication: Eurasia Daily Monitor By: Mateusz Kubiak The Jamestown Foundation On October 6, Vladimir Putin held a publicly broadcasted meeting with Russian oil and gas industry representatives, discussing the skyrocketing global natural gas prices (Kremlin.ru, October 6). As expected, it focused on the dramatic situation […]
The post Russia hopes for a U-turn in the EU’s energy policy first appeared on Modern Tokyo Times.
< Energy Issues, Europe, Geopolitics, Russian Federation, EU energy policy and Russia, Gazprom-owned Nord Stream AG, Green transformation is too radical, high energy costs and green transformation, Jamestown Foundation, Mateusz Kubiak, Mateusz Kubiak and Jamestown Foundation, Putin and EU energy crisis, Russia and EU energy policy >
- Business Insider 15:50October 18, 2021The Evergrande crisis is spreading and slowing the Chinese economy sharply, UBS and Barclays warnThe Evergrande crisis is weighing on property investment, UBS and Barclays said. They both slashed their 2021 GDP forecasts for China.
< Markets, China Economy, Evergrande, Evergrande crisis, China GDP, Energy Prices, Energy Crisis, China Property Market, Barclays, UBS >
- The Guardian 13:00October 18, 2021‘This is our last chance’: Biden urged to act as climate agenda hangs by a threadFailure to pass legislation to cut emissions before the UN summit in Glasgow could be catastrophic for efforts to curb global heatingWith furious environmental activists at the gates of the White House, and congressional Democrats fretting that a priceless opportunity to tackle catastrophic global heating may be slipping away, Joe Biden is facing mounting pressure over a climate agenda that appears to be hanging by a thread.Biden’s allies have warned that time is running perilously short, both politically and scientifically, for the US to enact sweeping measures to slash planet-heating emissions and spur other major countries to do the same. Failure to do so will escalate what scientists have said are “irreversible” climate impacts such as disastrous heatwaves, floods, wildfires and a mass upheaval of displaced people. Continue reading...
< Climate crisis, Joe Biden, US news, Environment, Biden administration, US Senate, US Congress, US politics, World news >
- AdWeek 13:00October 18, 2021Americans Remain Conflicted About In-Person Learning and School Vaccine MandatesAs with so many aspects of pandemic life, Americans continue to have conflicting views on in-person learning and whether schools should require vaccines to attend. A new Adweek-Morning Consult poll asked parents of 5- to 18-year-olds if they prefer hybrid or fully in-person learning: 39% said in-person while 36% said hybrid. That's down from a...
< Adapting to Crisis, Coronavirus, Data, Data & Insights >
- Business Insider 11:14October 18, 2021The shipping crisis has gotten so bad that some companies are chartering air cargo planes for $2 million or more for a single flightSeeking to avoid the shipping crisis, desperate retailers are chartering planes for up to $2 million - sometimes even more - to get their goods shipped from Asia to the US.
< Transportation, Planes, Shipping Crisis, Transportation & Logistics, Transportation, air freight, Trade, Retail >
- Breitbart News 23:29October 17, 2021EXCLUSIVE: 16K COVID-19 Positive Migrants Released into U.S. by ICE, Says WhistleblowerMore than 16,000 migrants who tested positive for COVID-19 while in Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) custody were released into the United States, according to an agency law enforcement source. The Biden administration did not mandate any of the migrants to be vaccinated before their release. The source informs Breitbart Texas that the figures only include those migrants who were tested by ICE.
< Border / Cartel Chronicles, Health, Immigration, Biden border crisis, Coronavirus testing, COVID-19, ICE, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, vaccine mandates >
- Business Insider 16:45October 17, 2021Some Colorado schools don't have enough milk for their students because of 'unprecedented' supply shortagesPupils in Denver, Colorado, are being encouraged to bring refillable water bottles with them because of milk shortages.
< Education, Economy, News, Colorado, Denver, Supply Chain, supply chain crisis, Jobs, labor shortage, Schools, Education, Weekend BI UK, Milk >
- Business Insider 16:11October 17, 2021China's economy is set to slow sharply as it grapples with the Evergrande crisis and weaker domestic demand, Barclays saysLike other banks, Barclays has become more pessimistic about China's growth prospects as it deals with Evergrande and an energy crunch.
< Economy, News, Economy, China Economy, Evergrande, Evergrande crisis, China energy crisis, China Slowdown, Global Economy, China GDP, Barclays, Weekend BI UK >
- Business Insider 13:45October 17, 2021'Big Short' investor Michael Burry discussed his iconic bet against the housing bubble and foreshadowed his GameStop bet in a 2010 interview. Here are the 14 best quotes.The Scion Asset Management boss reflected on why he became a fund manager, and rang the alarm on excessive government spending.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Michael Burry, The Big Short, Scion Asset Management, Financial Crisis, Housing Bubble, Stock market bubble, Regulation, Warren Buffett, John Paulson, Stocks >
- Business Insider 12:08October 17, 2021A restaurant owner is paying his teen workers to do their homework before their shifts, in an attempt to retain them amid the labor shortageXplore Lakeside in Hot Springs Village lets its teen workers do their homework for an hour before their shifts start to help encourage them to stay.
< Retail, News, Weekend BI UK, labor shortage, restaurant workers, Business Owners, Retail, restaurant, Labor Conditions, Labor crisis >
- Modern Tokyo Times 08:23October 17, 2021Sudan needs international support to preserve the democratic pathSudan needs international support to preserve the democratic path Kanako Mita and Sawako Utumi Modern Tokyo Times The nation of Sudan faces another fragile moment on its path to democracy. Indeed, Prime Minister Abdalla Hamdok said pointedly that if a solution isn’t found then Sudan’s future will be thrown “to the wind.” In September, loyalists […]
The post Sudan needs international support to preserve the democratic path first appeared on Modern Tokyo Times.
< Africa, Geopolitics, Al-Bashir loyalists, Coup in Sudan, Crisis in Sudan, Hamdok and democracy, Hamdok and unity in Sudan, Japan news agency, Kanako Mita, Lee Jay Walker, Modern Tokyo News, Modern Tokyo Times, Sawako Utsumi, Sudan and military coup, Sudan and the democratic path, Sudan challenged by the military, Sudan crisis, Sudan needs international support, Tokyo news, Tokyo news agency >
- Observer 15:00October 16, 2021Bitcoin Miners Are Migrating en Masse During the Global Energy CrisisBitcoin miners are driving renewable energy innovation in some places while disrupting power grids in others.
< bitcoin, Cryptocurrency, digital currency, energy crisis >
- Business Insider 14:50October 16, 2021Why Biden's plan for 24/7 California port operations won't solve the supply-chain crisisPresident Joe Biden wants to clear traffic jams at US ports and save the holiday shopping season, but experts say he can't solve the problem.
< Economy, Transportation, News, Joe Biden, Shipping Crisis, Shortages, price hikes, Cargo Ships, White House, Container ship, Walmart, UPS, FedEx, Target, Home Depot >
- Business Insider 13:20October 16, 2021Baby boomers are snatching houses out of the hands of millennialsBaby boomers and millennials are in a housing war. A Zillow report lays out how boomers are winning, and it's really not even close.
< Economy, Markets, Real Estate, Millennials, Baby Boomers, Housing, Buying a house, Housing Affordability, Economy, Millennial Wealth, Housing Crisis, Andy Kiersz, BI Graphics >
- Business Insider 13:15October 16, 2021We've reached peak supply chain crisis - it'll only get better from here, according to JefferiesHoliday shopping might still be chaos this year, but shipping should be back to normal by winter of 2022.
< Economy, Markets, Economy, Supply shortages, Supply Chain, Jefferies, Shipping Crisis, supply chain crisis, supply chain issues >
- Business Insider 13:10October 16, 20213 reasons China in the 2020s could start slowing dramatically like Japan in the 1990sChina is dealing with high levels of debt, an ageing population, a hostile US, and even the potential for a financial crisis. Sound familiar?
< Economy, Markets, China Economy, Evergrande, Ageing population, Japan Economy, Lost Decade, Debt Crisis, Property bubble, US-China Trade War, Global Economy, China, Japan, Economy, analysis >
- Business Insider 10:54October 16, 2021Biden's clean electricity program is likely to be scrapped because of opposition from Sen. Joe Manchin, who has made millions off the fossil-fuel industry, reports sayThe program, which would reward power companies that transition to renewable energy, could be removed from a bill because of Manchin.
< Politics, News, Joe Manchin, Joe Biden, climate crisis, Fossil Fuels, Renewable Energy, Congress >
- The Guardian 10:00October 16, 2021Boris Johnson’s climate credibility at stake in run-up to Cop26 summitCampaigners fear net zero strategy is being hamstrung by Rishi Sunak, who refuses to provide adequate fundingBoris Johnson faces a significant test of his leadership before the Cop26 climate summit as the chancellor and business secretary are at war over the imminent plan for reaching net zero carbon dioxide emissions.The government is poised to publish its long-awaited net zero strategy on Monday, setting out how the UK will meet its targets to cut CO2 emissions by 78% by 2035 and reach net zero by 2050. This will also include the heat and buildings strategy for insulating draughty homes and phasing out gas boilers, along with a massive expansion of offshore wind, and building electric vehicle charging networks. Continue reading...
< Cop26, Climate crisis, Climate change, Boris Johnson, Rishi Sunak, Conservatives, Kwasi Kwarteng, United Nations, Environment, Politics, UK news, Greenhouse gas emissions >
- Business Insider 20:56October 15, 2021Goods that haven't left China yet won't be here in time for the holidaysIt currently takes an average of 73 days for shipments from China to reach their destination in the US, but Christmas is in 71 days.
< Retail, Economy, News, Shortages, price hikes, Supply Chain, Shipping Crisis, Cargo Ships, Holiday Shopping, Walmart, Home Depot, Levi's >
- The Guardian(UK) 19:01October 15, 2021Diplomats in last-ditch effort to bring world leaders to Cop26 tableAs attendance of President Xi of China hangs in balance, UK and US launch frantic round of meetingsThe UK, the US and the EU are embarking on a frantic round of climate diplomacy in a last-ditch attempt to bring key countries into a deal on greenhouse gas emissions before the Cop26 climate summit.Alok Sharma, the UK cabinet minister who will preside over the talks, has meetings planned with representatives of China after questions were raised over whether president Xi Jinping would attend Cop26 in person, as well as the other G20 big emitters yet to produce plans on emission cuts ahead of the summit, which opens in Glasgow at the end of the month. Continue reading...
< Cop26, World news, Climate crisis, China, Xi Jinping, Environment, John Kerry, Alok Sharma, UK news, Politics >
- Business Insider 18:07October 15, 2021Biden just released a plan to protect Americans' retirements and savings from the 'urgent and systemic risk' of the climate crisisBiden unveiled a report on Friday to fight the threat climate change poses to the economy, with a top economist saying "inaction is not an option."
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, climate crisis, Climate Change, Biden, Economic Growth, Retirement, Pensions, Housing, Climate, Gina McCarthy >
- Business Insider 17:50October 15, 2021Port traffic in Southeast Asia is the worst its been in over 6 months - and could create even more chaos for US supply chainsThere were 271 ships off the ports on Friday. If the turnaround time for goods between Asia and US does not improve, shoppers face more empty shelves.
< Transportation, Economy, News, Boats, Shipping Crisis, Cargo Ships, Shortages, price hikes, Supply Chain, supply chain crisis >
- The Guardian 17:10October 15, 2021Climate crisis poses ‘serious risks’ to US economy, Biden administration warnsWhite House issues 40-page report and sets out steps for action as ‘climate impacts already affecting’ jobs, homes and businessesJoe Biden’s administration on Friday issued a 40-page report warning that the climate crisis “poses serious and systemic risks to the US economy and financial system” and setting out steps for action as “climate impacts are already affecting American jobs, homes, families’ hard-earned savings, and businesses”.Under the new plan, the federal government will weigh up climate risks for employee benefit and retirement plan investments, incorporate climate disasters into lending and budgeting decisions and revise building standards for homes at risk of flooding. Government-backed mortgages for public housing will factor in the risk of calamitous floods, wildfires and other climate impacts. Continue reading...
< Biden administration, Climate crisis, US economy, US news, Environment, World news, Business, Economics >
- Business Insider 17:03October 15, 2021China says Evergrande risks are 'controllable' in first comments since debt crisisChinese officials, including state-controlled media, have kept silent throughout the Evergrande's fallout, barring the lone comment Friday.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Evergrande, evergrande china, Evergrande collapse, evergrande correction, Evergrande crisis, Evergrande Health, evergrande selloff, PBOC, People's Bank of China, bond payment >
- The Guardian 16:18October 15, 2021Hope and fear in the EU as Germany chooses a new governmentTipped as the next finance minister, the FDP’s Christian Lindner has a reputation for upsetting the neighboursGermany’s biggest neighbours are watching the formation of the country’s new government with a mixture of hope and fear, amid concerns that a fiscal hardliner hotly tipped to become the next finance minister could drag the continent back to the frosty standoffs of the eurozone crisis.The Social Democratic party (SPD), the German Greens and the Free Democratic party (FDP) are expected to inch further towards a “traffic light” power-sharing deal on Friday, with formal coalition talks likely to start next week. Continue reading...
< Germany, European Union, Eurozone crisis, German federal election 2021, Europe, Euro, Business, France, Italy, Greece >
- Huffington Post UK 14:19October 15, 2021Stop Cambo: Meet The Climate Activists Trying To Block Scotland's New Oilfield
< Life, government, Environment, Climate Change, Climate emergency, climate crisis, environment, climate-change, climate-emergency, climate-crisis >
- The Guardian(UK) 13:42October 15, 2021UK to push plan to ‘halt and reverse global deforestation by 2030’ at Cop26Government will call for producers and consumers of commodities such as soya and cocoa to commit to stopping land clearancesThe UK government is pushing for an ambitious agreement among world leaders at Cop26 to halt and reverse forest loss and degradation, the Guardian can reveal.Big producers and consumers of deforestation-linked commodities such as soya, cocoa, coffee and palm oil have been asked to commit to halting land clearances, the second largest source of anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions. A coalition of world leaders is expected to announce the initiative on the second day of the climate summit in Glasgow alongside new funding to protect forests. Continue reading...
< Cop26, Deforestation, Trees and forests, Amazon rainforest, Climate crisis, Environment, Conservation >
- Business Insider 12:45October 15, 2021Former Boeing pilot accused of deceiving the FAA about the 737 Max's design flaws before they killed 346 people in 2 crashesThe DOJ said Mark Forkner didn't tell the FAA the entire truth about MCAS, a software responsible for the 2018 and 2019 crashes.
< Transportation, News UK, Boeing, 737 Max Crisis >
- The Guardian(UK) 10:21October 15, 2021Foreign lorry drivers to be allowed to make more UK deliveriesPlan announced to temporarily change ‘cabotage’ rules to prevent shortages in run-up to ChristmasForeign lorry drivers will be able to make an unlimited number of pick-ups and drop-offs in a fixed period in the UK under changes to rules proposed by the government to prevent shortages of products in the run-up to Christmas and into the new year.On Thursday, ministers announced a consultation on a plan to increase deliveries in the UK by temporarily changing so-called “cabotage” rules, which govern how many trips foreign transport firms can make within another country. Continue reading...
< Supply chain crisis, Business, UK news, Transport policy, Politics, Transport >
- Business Insider 01:08October 15, 2021The real reason European countries are upset about the US's withdrawal from AfghanistanThe 2015 migrant crisis pushed the EU to its limits, and it now appears to be preparing to prevent a repeat after the US withdrawal from Afghanistan.
< Military & Defense, International, Nordic, Afghanistan, Afghanistan withdrawal, Syrian Civil War, Syrian Refugee Crisis, Syrian refugees, European Migration Crisis, european migrants, Migration Crisis, Refugee Crisis, analysis, News Contributor, Mildef freelance >
- Business Insider 21:37October 14, 2021Millennials are creating housing communes with friends because it's too expensive to buy a home as a single personHomes today are expensive. So is being single. It's left some millennials combining their savings with friends to buy a house together.
< Economy, Markets, Real Estate, Millennials, Housing Crisis, Millennial Wealth, Economy, Housing Affordability, Buying a house, Buying A Home, Real Estate, Millennial Affordability Crisis >
- Business Insider 19:24October 14, 2021It's not a buyer's or a seller's market in housing: It's a builder's marketAmerica needs homes, but builders aren't rushing. "People want an oversupplied market, and we just don't do that in America," an expert told Insider.
< Real Estate, Markets, Economy, Economy, Homebuilder, Homebuilders, Home Prices, Housing, Housing Affordability, Housing Market, US Housing Crisis, us housing market, Housing Shortage, home shortage, Logan Mohtashami, Ali Wolf >
- Business Insider 19:05October 14, 2021A bitcoin miner was jailed in England for stealing $44,000 of electricity to run his operationA 40-year-old man reportedly stole electricity from a nightclub and an industrial site in England to run his bitcoin mining operation.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Mining, Energy Bill, Energy Crisis >
- Breitbart News 17:51October 14, 2021EXCLUSIVE: CBP to Report Record of Nearly 2 Million Migrants Encountered in 2021U.S. Customs and Border Protection is set to report just under 2 million migrant encounters nationwide for the recently ended Fiscal Year 2021. The number of migrants encountered by Border Patrol agents and CBP officers jumped 202 percent over the previous year's roughly 647,000.
< Border / Cartel Chronicles, Immigration, Politics, Alejandro Mayorkas, Biden border crisis, Department of Homeland Security, immigration, Joe Biden, Southwest Border Migration Report, U.S. Border Patrol, U.S. Customs and Border Protection >
- Business Insider 16:48October 14, 2021Moody's warns of 'dark clouds ahead' for the global supply chain as 77% of the world's largest ports face backlogsThe credit rating agency said disruptions "will get worse before they get better." The largest US port is seeing the worst of the delays.
< Economy, Transportation, Retail, News, Shipping Crisis, Supply Chain, Shortages, price hikes, White House, Joe Biden, Shipping container >
- New York Magazine 14:00October 14, 2021Neoliberalism Died of COVID. Long Live Neoliberalism!How the predominant ideology of our time survived the pandemic.
< adam tooze, economy, covid-19, neoliberalism, donald trump, barack obama, financial crisis >