- Breitbart News 15:33June 24, 2021Report: Amazon Bought Hundreds of Ibram X. Kendi Books for Virginia High SchoolAmazon reportedly bought hundreds of copies of Ibram X. Kendi's so-called "antiracist" books, which will be distributed to high school students in Arlington, Virginia. The Masters of the Universe also paid Kendi's coauthor $10,000 to speak to students.
< Politics, Social Justice, Tech, Academic Insanity, Amazon, Critical Race Theory, Jeff Bezos, Masters of the Universe, Virginia >
- Business Insider 18:23June 23, 2021The date of Jeff Bezos' trip to space isn't a coincidence - it's the anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission to the moonOn July 20, Bezos and three other passengers will spend just three minutes at the edge of space aboard a Blue Origin rocket.
< Science, Tech Insider, Jeff Bezos, Blue Origin, Apollo 11, space flight, New Shepard, Bezos spaceflight >
- Observer 18:58June 21, 2021Over 60,000 People Signed Petitions to Deny Jeff Bezos’ Return to EarthThe Amazon CEO is set to fly on July 20.
< Amazon, Blue Origin, Jeff Bezos space trip, New Shepard >
- Business Insider 16:18June 21, 2021Jeff Bezos will step down as Amazon CEO in 2 weeks on July 5, a 'sentimental' date he picked because it was when the company was incorporated in 1994Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos told shareholders he picked the date because it was "the day Amazon was incorporated in 1994, exactly 27 years ago."
< Tech Insider, News, Retail, Jeff Bezos, Amazon, Andy Jassy >
- Business Insider 18:57June 20, 2021Will Jeff Bezos be an astronaut when he travels into space on a Blue Origin flight? It's complicated, because experts say there's still a debate about where space begins.Blue Origin and Amazon founder Jeff Bezos will be an astronaut when he crosses the Kármán Line in July, but not everyone sees space the same way.
< Space, Tech Insider, Weekend BI UK, Jeff Bezos, Blue Origin, SpaceX, Virgin Galactic, Space, Phantom Space, Feature >
- Business Insider 15:24June 20, 2021NASA is keeping a watchful eye on Jeff Bezos and other billionaires competing space race, according to the agency's chiefNASA administrator Bill Nelson told Fox Business that the US agency is working on placing regulations for commercial space travel.
< Science, News, Weekend BI UK, Space, NASA, Jeff Bezos, Blue Origin, SpaceX, Elon Musk >
- Business Insider 12:51June 20, 2021More than 41,000 people have signed petitions to stop Jeff Bezos from returning to Earth after his trip to space next monthTwo petitions aiming to prevent the Amazon CEO's re-entry to Earth after his Blue Origin spaceflight have collected thousands of signatures in only 10 days.
< Tech Insider, Space, News, Weekend BI UK, Jeff Bezos, Petition, Amazon, Blue Origin, Space, Spaceflight, bezos >
- Business Insider 14:33June 19, 2021The Jeff Bezos-backed company General Fusion is building a nuclear fusion plant, which is due to switch on in 2025General Fusion is collaborating with the UK Atomic Energy Authority (UKAEA) to build the demonstration plant.
< Tech Insider, News, Science, Jeff Bezos, nuclear fusion, General Fusion, Nuclear Power Plant, Weekend BI UK >
- Business Insider 17:38June 16, 2021MacKenzie Scott has given away over $8 billion since divorcing Jeff Bezos, but her wealth keeps rising thanks to Amazon's soaring stock priceMacKenzie Scott, a philanthropist and the ex-wife of Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, recently gave away $2.74 billion to 286 different organizations.
< Strategy, Amazon, MacKenzie Scott, Jeff Bezos, Billionaires, Giving Pledge >
- Business Insider 20:18June 15, 2021Amazon tracks warehouse workers' every move because Jeff Bezos reportedly thinks people are inherently lazyThe architect that helped design Amazon's systems said many of the companies most contentious policies are designed to keep workers from getting lazy.
< Retail, Tech Insider, News, E-Commerce, Amazon, Jeff Bezos >
- The Guardian 19:50June 15, 2021Philanthropist MacKenzie Scott gives away £2bn to 286 organisationsEx-wife of Jeff Bezos says she wants to donate ‘fortune that was enabled by systems in need of change’The American novelist and philanthropist MacKenzie Scott said on Tuesday she had given a further $2.7bn (£1.9bn) to 286 organisations.Scott, who was formerly married to Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, issued a statement regarding distribution of the latest tranche of her $57bn fortune. Continue reading...
< Philanthropy, Inequality, Jeff Bezos, Amazon, Technology, Society, Gender, Coronavirus, Race, Education, World news >
- Business Insider 19:10June 15, 2021MacKenzie Scott gave away another $2.7 billion to 286 organizations, bringing her total recent donations to $8.5 billionMacKenzie Scott has emerged as a philanthropic powerhouse, donating billions from her $60 billion net worth over the last year.
< Tech Insider, News, MacKenzie Scott, Philanthrophy, Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Billionaires >
- Business Insider 19:05June 15, 2021Photos of Blue Origin's New Shepard rocket and spaceship offer a peek at Jeff Bezos' first-class flight to the edge of spaceNASA astronauts wear spacesuits, monitor spaceship screens, and pilot their vehicle. Jeff Bezos may just kick back and enjoy the ride.
< Science, Tech Insider, Transportation, Features, Jeff Bezos, Blue Origin, New Shepard, Spaceships, Human Spaceflight, Rocket Launch >
- Business Insider 16:33June 15, 2021Amazon burns through workers so quickly that executives are worried they'll run out of people to employ, according to new reportAmazon's hourly staff quits so frequently that executives are worried the company will run out of hirable workers, the New York Times reported.
< Tech Insider, Amazon, fulfillment center, Amazon fulfillment center, Amazon Warehouse, Jeff Bezos, Workers, Labor, COVID, COVID-19, coronavirus, Pandemic >
- Business Insider 13:45June 15, 2021A ProPublica journalist explains how Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, and other billionaires avoid taxes in a new interview. Here are the 15 best quotes.Jesse Eisinger outlined why he doesn't see philanthropy as a substitute for government, and how the US tax system is hugely flawed.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, ProPublica, Taxes, Tax Avoidance, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Warren Buffett, Carl Icahn, Michael Bloomberg, Philanthropy, federal income tax, Government, Investigation >
- Business Insider 17:10June 13, 2021A business ethicist explains why billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos shouldn't use tax avoidance strategies, even if it's legalScholar Erin Bass says public figures should be evaluated on their personal morals as well as by the influence of their behaviors on others.
< Strategy, Nordic, The Conversation, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Billionaires, Taxes, Tax Evasion, Tax Avoidance, Contributor, contributor 2019 >
- Business Insider 15:23June 13, 2021How billionaires like Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk avoid paying federal income tax while increasing their net worth by billionsAmerican Billionaires are able to skip paying federal income taxes by reducing their income to zero, even as their net worth soars.
< Finance, Taxes, News, Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Taxes, federal income tax, Income Tax, Billionaires, Warren Buffett, Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, Tesla, Bill Gates, Microsoft, Facebook >
- Business Insider 14:43June 13, 2021Jeff Bezos is trusting Blue Origin's new rocket with his life. It's flown 15 times, but he'll have no pilot and possibly no spacesuit.About 1% of US human spaceflights have ended in a fatal accident, but the New Shepard rocket seems relatively safe.
< Science, News, Tech Insider, Transportation, Jeff Bezos, Blue Origin, New Shepard, Rocket Launch, Human Spaceflight, Spaceships, Suborbital Rocket, Space Tourism >
- The Guardian 22:24June 12, 2021Sold! Bidder pays $28m for spare seat on space flight with Jeff BezosBids in 10-minute auction started at $4.8m for 20 July trip on Blue Origin spacecraft with Bezos and his brother.Jeff Bezos’s Blue Origin has sold the spare seat of the company’s 20 July New Shepard space rocket blast-off for $28m, the company announced on Saturday. Related: Rocket men: Bezos, Musk and Branson scramble for space supremacy Continue reading...
< Space, Jeff Bezos >
- Snopes 21:33June 12, 2021Winning Auction Bid To Fly in Space with Jeff Bezos: $28MIt will be the first launch of Blue Origin’s New Shepard rocket with people on board, kicking off Blue Origin's space tourism business.
< jeff bezos >
- Business Insider 20:18June 12, 2021Winning bid for a seat on Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin spacecraft goes for $28 millionThe winner of the auction, whose name will be released in coming weeks, will fly on the spacecraft with Jeff Bezos and his brother on July 20 for 11 minutes.
< Tech Insider, Science, News, Jeff Bezos, weekend BI US, Blue Origin, Space Tourism, rocket, Space Tourists >
- Business Insider 15:55June 12, 2021Miami and Space - the new battlegrounds for tech's top egosIn this week's edition of the Insider Tech newsletter we look at the two hottest destinations in tech: Miami and Space.
< Tech Insider, Enterprise, Science, Newsletter, Blue Origin, Jeff Bezos, Virgin Galactic, Startups, Venture Capital, Founders Fund, Space, insider tech >
- Guardian 09:00June 12, 2021Rocket men: Bezos, Musk and Branson scramble for space supremacyExperts say three billionaires have upended the traditional model for human spaceflight and are shaping a thriving new eraIt was a week in which two space-faring billionaires tussled again in their futuristic game of cosmic oneupmanship. And this time, for once, Elon Musk was not at the party.The declaration that Jeff Bezos, the Amazon founder and world’s richest man, was heading into space next month on the first crewed launch of his Blue Origin New Shepard rocket was followed quickly by an apparent leak from within Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic empire that the British tycoon might look to upstage him with a Fourth of July Independence Day spectacular of his own. Continue reading...
< Space, SpaceX, Richard Branson, Elon Musk, Science, Jeff Bezos, Technology, Business, US news, World news >
- Business Insider 18:10June 11, 2021Elizabeth Warren rips into Jeff Bezos over his upcoming trip to space: 'He's laughing at every person in America who actually paid taxes'Warren's comments follow a bombshell ProPublica report this week that showed the Amazon CEO didn't pay federal income taxes for at least two years.
< Tech Insider, Politics, Jeff Bezos, Amazon, Blue Origin, Elizabeth Warren, Wealth Tax >
- Business Insider 11:48June 11, 2021The bidding to blast into space with Jeff Bezos on a Blue Origin rocket will start at $4.8 millionNew Shepard's flight will last 11 minutes, taking the auction winner to the edge of space with Blue Origin owner Jeff Bezos and his brother Mark.
< Tech Insider, News, Space, Blue Origin, New Shepard, Jeff Bezos, Space, Auction >
- New York Magazine 00:21June 11, 2021The Limits of Wealth-Tax PopulismSafeguarding democracy from inequality will require much more than soaking the superrich.
< democracy, inequality, tax policy, jeff bezos, elon musk, billionaires >
- Business Insider 18:45June 10, 2021Discovery Channel's reality show 'Who Wants to Be An Astronaut?' will send the winner to the ISS. Its producers hope it will show that space travel can be made accessible to ordinary people.Who Wants to Be An Astronaut? will be an eight-part series documenting the journey of 10-12 contestants, who will carry out 'extreme challenges.'
< Tech Insider, Weekend BI UK, Space, SpaceX, Elon Musk, Science, Jeff Bezos, Axiom Space >
- Business Insider 14:57June 10, 2021ProPublica's bombshell tax investigation reportedly has lawmakers eyeing policy changes. One senator who designed a key corporation tax cut says it wasn't supposed to let 'multibillionaires' avoid tax.Republican Sen. Patrick J. Toomey, who authored 2017 tax reforms, said his intention "was not that multibillionaires ought to pay no taxes."
< Taxes, Politics, News, Jeff Bezos, Tax Cut, Congress, Elon Musk, Warren Bufett, ProPublica, IRS, Income Tax, Elizabeth Warren, Donald Trump >
- Business Insider 12:19June 10, 2021Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin just landed a major win over Elon Musk's SpaceX, and could soon get billions more in NASA moneyA bill that passed the Senate requires NASA to pick a second company for a moon project, in addition to SpaceX. Blue Origin lobbied for the change.
< Tech Insider, News, Space, Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Blue Origin, SpaceX, NASA, Moon landing >
- Business Insider 07:55June 10, 2021Unconfirmed report suggests Branson may try to beat Bezos into space - and Virgin Galactic didn't deny itVirgin Galactic did not deny the rumor that Branson is trying to launch by July 4, and one expert says the timeline is "very doable."
< Science, News, Tech Insider, Transportation, Richard Branson, Jeff Bezos, Virgin Galactic, Blue Origin, SpaceShipTwo, New Shepard, Rocket Launch, Space Plane, Human Spaceflight, Billionaire >
- Business Insider 02:39June 10, 2021The wealthiest Americans avoided billions in taxes by voluntarily doing something most only do out of necessity: borrowing money.Income taxes: 37%. Capital gains: 20%. ProPublica found billionaires avoid those by borrowing from banks at interest rates of less than 10%.
< Politics, Economy, Tech Insider, Finance, Investing, Billionaire, Taxes, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Warren Buffett, Carl Icahn, Michael Bloomberg, ProPublica, Tax Avoidance, Larry Ellison, Oracle >
- Business Insider 23:56June 9, 2021An Amazon exec said 'competition is a good thing' as the company pushes into the health spaceThe comments come as Amazon faces antitrust scrutiny over stifling competition for third-party sellers in its marketplace.
< Healthcare, News, Amazon, Amazon Care, Healthcare Technology, Jeff Bezos, Antitrust >
- Business Insider 23:32June 9, 2021Jeff Bezos will spend just 3 minutes in space, without a pilot. His launch will be unlike any prior US spaceflight.The New Shepard spacecraft carrying Jeff Bezos won't reach Earth's orbit, and there won't be anybody flying it.
< Science, News, Tech Insider, Jeff Bezos, Blue Origin, Rocket Launch, New Shepard, Spaceships, Human Spaceflight, Orbit, Suborbital Rocket, Space Tourism >
- Business Insider 22:32June 9, 2021When Jeff Bezos was worth $18 billion, he reportedly claimed a $4,000 tax credit intended for families earning less than $100,000Confidential tax documents filed with the IRS, obtained by ProPublica, demonstrate how some of the world's wealthiest have avoided paying taxes.
< Tech Insider, Taxes, Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Taxes, Tax Credit, 2011, Income Tax >
- Business Insider 17:36June 9, 2021Jeff Bezos will soon take an 11-minute flight aboard a rocket his space exploration company built. Here's how his childhood obsession with space led to Blue Origin's unprecedented spaceflight.While the spaceflight is an unusual experiment, it's not a very surprising one: Bezos has been passionate about space since childhood.
< Space, Tech Insider, Jeff Bezos, Blue Origin, Space, Space Travel, New Shepard, Amazon, Star Trek >
- Business Insider 15:24June 9, 2021The IRS is investigating the 'illegal' leak of billionaires' tax information, including data on Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, and Warren BuffettProPublica published a report on the income and tax payments of Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Bill Gates, and other billionaires.
< Finance, Taxes, News, Economy, US Government and Politics, White House, Biden administration, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Warren Buffett, Tax, Tax Avoidance, Finance, Billionaires >
- Business Insider 02:02June 9, 2021ProPublica's billionaire tax data shows the importance of closing 2 key tax loopholes. Here's how.Our tax code has two massive tax loopholes that reward billionaires like Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos, and Elon Musk. Biden has a plan to fix that.
< Opinion, Finance, Politics, Economy, Markets, BI Prime, Taxes, Billionaires, ProPublica, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Warren Buffett, analysis >
- Business Insider 23:55June 8, 2021Jeff Bezos reportedly didn't pay any income taxes for at least 2 years between 2006 and 2018ProPublica obtained confidential tax documents filed with the IRS that revealed how some of the world's wealthiest have avoided paying taxes.
< Tech Insider, Economy, Taxes, Amazon, Blue Origin, Jeff Bezos, Blue Origins, Wealth, Taxes, Tax, federal income tax, Income Tax, Stock, Stocks, Capital gains, Wealth Tax >
- The Guardian 21:52June 8, 2021Richest 25 Americans reportedly paid ‘true tax rate’ of 3.4% as wealth rocketedProPublica investigation shows how little US super-rich, including Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk, reportedly paid between 2014 and 2018The 25 richest Americans, including Jeff Bezos, Warren Buffett and Elon Musk, paid a “true tax rate” of just 3.4% between 2014 and 2018, according to an investigation by ProPublica, despite their collective net worth rising by more than $400bn in the same period. Related: Global economy set for fastest recovery for more than 80 years Continue reading...
< Business, Rich lists, The super-rich, US income inequality, Tax avoidance, US news, Inequality, World news, US taxation, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Warren Buffett >
- Breitbart News 21:13June 8, 2021ProPublica Reveals How Soros, Bezos, and Other Famous Billionaires Avoid Paying TaxesSoros is among the famous billionaires—many of whom are leftist advocates of high taxes and big government—who paid less of their wealth to the taxman than many working-class Americans.
< Economy, Politics, Bill Gates, Billionaires, Carl Icahn, Elon Musk, George Soros, IRS, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, Michael Bloomberg, taxes, Warren Buffett >
- Business Insider 18:43June 8, 2021The annual Sun Valley conference, known as 'summer camp for billionaires,' will return in July - and powerful moguls like Jeff Bezos and Mark Zuckerberg are on the guest listAfter being canceled in 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic, the invite-only retreat is back on for 2021.
< Tech Insider, Sun Valley, Sun Valley Conference, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, Warren Buffett, succession, Sheryl Sandberg, Satya Nadella >
- New York Magazine 17:25June 8, 2021Bezos, Musk Didn’t Pay Federal Income Tax Some Years: ReportProPublica obtained raw IRS data on the tax returns for some of America’s wealthiest people and found they paid almost no taxes at all.
< jeff bezos, elon musk, warren buffett, money, taxes, business >
- Guardian 20:56June 7, 2021The tech billionaire space race: who is Jeff Bezos up against?As Amazon founder prepares to jet off in his Blue Origin vessel, can he compete with Elon Musk’s SpaceX?Jeff Bezos to go into space on first crewed flight of New Shepard rocketEvery billionaire needs something to spend their fortunes on. For Howard Hughes, it was the Spruce Goose; for Roman Abramovich, it’s Chelsea FC. And for the current crop of tech moguls, it’s space.Jeff Bezos has led the charge. He founded his company, Blue Origin, in 2000, after a conversation with his friend, the science fiction author Neal Stephenson. And in July, 21 years later, the investment will pay off: Bezos will blast himself, his brother, and a third fee-paying guest 100km up in the company’s New Shepard rocket, brushing the edge of space until he comes back down to earth three minutes later. Continue reading...
< Space, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Richard Branson, Sergey Brin, SpaceX, Amazon, The space shuttle >
- Business Insider 20:48June 7, 2021Jeff Bezos is heading to space, and he's doing it before his main rival, Elon Musk. It's the latest development in a 15-year feud between 2 of the world's most powerful CEOs.Over the years, Elon Musk's and Jeff Bezos' not-so-subtle rivalry has given way to Twitter spats and name-calling.
< Tech Insider, Transportation, Space, Features, Tech, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Amazon, Blue Origin, Tesla, SpaceX, Business Visual Features >
- Business Insider 19:53June 7, 2021Meet Mark Bezos, the younger brother of Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos who's about to join him aboard Blue Origin's first human space flightJeff and Mark Bezos will be on the first human flight of the New Shepard spacecraft, which is made by Bezos' space exploration company, Blue Origin.
< Tech Insider, Jeff Bezos, Mark Bezos, Amazon, Blue Origin, New Shepard, space flight >
- Business Insider 18:49June 7, 2021You can fly to space with Jeff Bezos if you win a bidding war in a live auction on Saturday - and bids are already at $2.8 millionThe winner of the auction gets a seat on Blue Origin's New Shepard rocket with Jeff Bezos and his brother for the company's first human flight.
< Tech Insider, Space, Blue Origin, Space, Jeff Bezos, New Shepard, Tech Insider, Tech, rocket, Space Tourism, Auction, bidding >
- Business Insider 18:13June 7, 2021Jeff Bezos is launching to space on July 20, 15 days after he exits his role as Amazon CEOAndy Jassy will be Amazon CEO when Bezos launches into space, and it's unclear if his space flight was scheduled with the July 5 exit date in mind.
< Tech Insider, Transportation, Space, News, Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Blue Origin, Space Travel >
- New York Magazine 17:26June 7, 2021Earth’s Richest Man to Leave PlanetJeff Bezos is heading to outer space for a few minutes in July.
< jeff bezos, the superrich, space travel, blue origin >
- Business Insider 16:47June 7, 2021Jeff Bezos will go on Blue Origin's first human flight to the edge of space next month. Here's how his space plans stack up against Elon Musk's and Richard Branson'sMusk dreams of a Mars colony, while Bezos envisions a base on the moon. Branson's Virgin Galactic may make transcontinental flights lightning fast.
< Tech Insider, Transportation, News, Transportation, Tech, Space, Space Exploration, SpaceX, Virgin Galactic, Blue Origin, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Richard Branson, Business Visual Features, BIPhotos >
- Breitbart News 15:41June 7, 2021Jeff Bezos Will Be on Board Blue Origin's First Manned Space FlightJeff Bezos will be aboard for Blue Origin's first human space flight next month.
< Tech, Blue Origin, commercial space flights, Jeff Bezos, Space Exploration >