- Business Insider 13:00July 24, 2021A labor-for-hire company says it's turning down jobs worth up to $2,500 each day because it can't find enough workersLaborjack's founders say it can't find enough gig workers to meet demand: "We could be growing more if there was more labor on the market."
< Economy, labor shortage, Colorado, Wages, Employment, Work, Jobs, Weekend BI UK, Fort Collins, Wage, Salary, Job Market >
- Business Insider 15:04June 19, 2021The US job market is about to turn into a giant science experiment - with millions of Americans as guinea pigsHalf of America's governors are cutting off enhanced unemployment benefits for workers and subjecting millions of people to economic shock therapy.
< Opinion, Politics, Markets, Economy, Unemployment benefits, COVID-19, Bernie Sanders, Job Market, Wages, Unemployment, Joe Biden, Supreme Court, BI Commentary, permalancer, Opinion, Economy, Policy >
- Business Insider 16:42June 3, 2021Businesses are struggling to find workers and experts are raising the alarm over a 'labor shortage.' But there are clear reasons to think the job crunch is only a short-term problem.Businesses are struggling to find workers to fill jobs and experts are worried about what the labor shortage could mean for the US economy.
< Opinion, Economy, Markets, Economy, Job Market, Jobs Report, Labor Market, labor shortage, Federal Reserve, Inflation, Jerome Powell, Opinion, BI Commentary, Commentary Freelancer >
- Business Insider 17:05May 31, 2021How COVID-19's effect on the job market could cause widespread health problemsResearch shows that job loss and unemployment are associated with poorer physical health, including increased risks for hospitalization and death.
< Healthcare, Nordic, The Conversation, Unemployment, Health, Depression, Anxiety, Contributor, contributor 2019, Opinion, Jobs, Job Market >
- Business Insider 17:33May 7, 2021Conversations on LinkedIn nearly doubled since January, and it could be a sign that wealthy Americans are ready to pursue their dream jobs following a pandemic slumpOne expert said a rise in LinkedIn activity indicates a changing attitude of wealthy job seekers rather than a strong economic recovery.
< Strategy, News, Economy, COVID-19, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Jobs, Economy, Job Market, Employment, LinkedIn Learning >
- Business Insider 15:03May 2, 2021Restaurant workers should keep collecting unemployment instead of going back to work for poverty wagesWhy would restaurant workers choose to go back to getting paid like dirt? Until employers raise prices, they're fine where they're at.
< Opinion, Politics, Economy, Markets, Retail, Opinion, BI Commentary, outdoor dining, Unemployment benefits, Unemployment insurance, Wages, Restaurants, Job Market, COVID >
- Business Insider 16:08March 23, 2021A higher federal minimum wage is not sufficient. It is time for companies to share profits with workers.Neither party has the right solution. To provide living wages, profitable companies must equitably distribute profits and disclose wages.
< Opinion, Economy, Politics, Opinion, BI Commentary, Economy, profit sharing, Minimum Wage, Policy, Income Inequality, Fight for 15, American Rescue Plan, Wages, Job Market >
- Business Insider 07:15March 23, 2021Hospitality, sit-down restaurants, and other industries hit hardest by the pandemic are finally hiring againData from top job sites including Flexjobs, Indeed, Joblist, Monster, and Snagajob shows which industries are starting to bounce back.
< COVID, COVID-19, Economic Recovery, Pandemic, Jobs, Job Market, Healthcare, Pharmacists, Restaurants, Food Service, Retail >
- Business Insider 20:23March 5, 2021Don't be fooled by the jobs report, the Federal Reserve isn't hiking interest rates any time soonThe jobs report may be strong and the US economy may be recovering, but that doesn't mean the Fed is going to ease off the COVID crisis measures.
< Opinion, Economy, Markets, Economy, Federal Reserve, Jobs Report, Job Market, Jerome Powell, interest rate hike, Interest Rates, Covid recovery, Recession, BI Commentary, Opinion >
- Business Insider 17:45March 5, 2021The jobs report may look good, but it also proves the economy is sicker than it seemsThe unemployment rate and the jobs that are being added are not the best indicator of where the US economy and the jobs market actually stands.
< Opinion, Economy, Markets, Economy, Jobs Report, Unemployment, Labor Market, Job Market, US Economy and Markets, BI Commentary, Opinion >
- Business Insider 22:20March 1, 2021Millennials are finally catching up in earnings and homeownership, but student debt is keeping the generational wealth gap as vast as everMillennials are catching up to boomers and Gen X in earnings and life events like homeownership, but they're still way behind in building wealth.
< Economy, Millennials, Millennial Wealth, Wealth Gap, Baby Boomers, Gen X, Homeownership, Job Market, Labor Force, Economy >
- Business Insider 13:00February 27, 2021Rising remote work is upping job inequality in European capitals and 'scarring' some sectors, says OECD reportA report by the OECD and Indeed showed that remote jobs are making up a larger percentage of the job market, although certain sectors are "scarred."
< Careers, International, BI General Contributors, BI International, Business Insider España, Jeevan Ravindran, Labor, Inequality, Economic inequality, Service Industry, Hospitality, hospitality workers, Tech, Remote Work, Remote Workers, London, Madrid, Paris, Berlin, Job Market, Remote Jobs, UK Weekend, Weekend BI UK >