- Business Insider 21:57August 8, 2022Chuck Schumer's summer winning streak boosts Democrats' midterm hopes as Republicans worry about a momentum shiftSchumer's wins are not just for his legacy but also for Biden, whose legislative agenda has largely hinged on Democratic congressional leaders managing their slim majorities.
< Politics, News, Chuck Schumer, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema >
- Business Insider 16:36August 8, 2022US stocks rise and bond yields and oil prices fall as Senate passes Biden's climate and healthcare billStocks were higher Monday after Democrats passed a key piece of President Biden's agenda Sunday. Oil prices and bond yields declined.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Stocks, Market, Wall Street, Inflation, Recessions, Biden, Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, Sen. Joe Manchin >
- Breitbart News 10:12August 8, 2022Mark Kelly Votes Against Amendment to Develop Five-Year-Program for Oil, GasSen. Mark Kelly (D-AZ) voted against an amendment for President Joe Biden to develop a five-year program for oil and gas in the Gulf of Mexico despite having previously urged the president to do so.
< Economy, Politics, Gulf of Mexico, Inflation Reduction Act, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, John Kennedy, Mark Kelly >
- The Hill 02:48August 8, 2022These seven GOP senators voted to keep $35 insulin cap in reconciliation billSeven Republican senators voted with all 50 Democrats to maintain a $35 monthly cap on the price of insulin in the Democrats’ $700 billion climate, health and tax reconciliation bill. The measure targeting people not covered by Medicare was ultimately blocked from being included in the Inflation Reduction Act when it fell three votes short of...
< Senate, Bill Cassidy, Charles Schumer, Cindy Hyde-Smith, Dan Sullivan, Inflation Reduction, Inflation Reduction Act, insulin, joe manchin, John Kennedy, Josh Hawley, Lisa Murkowski, reconciliation bill, Susan Collins >
- New York Magazine 02:24August 8, 2022Senate Democrats Finally Get Their Big Climate, Health Care, and Tax Bill DoneAn overview of what’s in the Inflation Reduction Act and what last minute changes were made.
< early and often, senate democrats, joe manchin, inflation reduction act, corporate tax rate, climate change, politics, u.s. senate, kyrsten sinema >
- Breitbart News 22:48August 7, 2022Senate Passes $700 Billion 'Inflation Reduction' BillThe Senate on Sunday passed the $700 billion Inflation Reduction Act, a scaled-down version of the Build Back Better Act.
< Politics, Chuck Schumer, Inflation Reduction Act, Joe Manchin >
- Business Insider 07:10August 7, 2022Senate Democrats kick off marathon voting session with their $740 billion climate and tax bill nearing the finish lineSome Republicans favor dragging out the vote-a-rama, which Sen. Lindsay Graham said he wants to make "hell" for Democrats.
< Economy, Politics, Chuck Schumer, Republicans, Democrats, Inflation Reduction Act, Joe Manchin, Joe Biden, Lindsay Graham, Policy >
- The Hill 04:53August 7, 2022Sanders rips Inflation Reduction Act, says it will have 'minimal impact on inflation'Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) ripped the Inflation Reduction Act Saturday for doing little to fight inflation and not enough to help Americans struggling to afford health care, child care and housing. “According to the [Congressional Budget Office] and other economic organizations that have studied this bill, it will have a minimal impact on inflation,” Sanders...
< Senate, Finance, Healthcare, Policy, Bernie Sanders, Charles Schumer, Inflation Reduction Act, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema >
- Business Insider 03:43August 7, 2022Bernie Sanders knocks Schumer and Manchin's big climate and healthcare bill, calling it the 'so-called Inflation Reduction Act'Republicans have also knocked the bill's name as it nears final passage. Some are using the same criticism Sanders made on the Senate floor.
< Politics, News, Bernie Sanders, Senate Democrats, Inflation Reduction Act, Joe Manchin, Chuck Schumer >
- The Hill 02:39August 7, 2022Harris breaks 50-50 deadlock to advance landmark climate, tax, health billThe Senate voted along party lines Saturday afternoon to advance a sweeping bill to reform the tax code, tackle climate change and lower the cost of prescription drugs, taking a big step closer to giving President Biden a major victory before the November midterm elections. The Senate voted 51 to 50 to proceed to the 755-page bill,...
< Senate, Finance, Healthcare, Affordable Care Act, Bernie Sanders, Charles Schumer, Inflation Reduction Act, joe manchin, Kamala Harris, kyrsten sinema, Mark Kelly, Mitch McConnell, President Biden, Raphael Warnock, Vote-a-rama >
- The Hill 01:51August 7, 2022Read full text: Senate climate, tax bill grows to 755 pages, passes key CBO testSenate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) on Saturday unveiled the updated text of the Inflation Reduction Act, which now spans 755 pages after a late round of negotiations with Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) to protect manufacturers from tax increases and impose an excise tax on stock buybacks. Schumer’s office announced that the Congressional Budget Office...
< Senate, Finance, News, Policy, 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, Charles Schumer, Inflation Reduction Act, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema >
- The Hill 01:14August 7, 2022Senate climate, tax bill grows to 755 pages, passes key CBO testSenate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) on Saturday unveiled the updated text of the Inflation Reduction Act, which now spans 755 pages after a late round of negotiations with Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) to protect manufacturers from tax increases and impose an excise tax on stock buybacks. Schumer’s office announced that the Congressional Budget Office...
< Senate, Finance, Policy, Charles Schumer, Inflation Reduction Act, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema, Tax Cuts and Jobs Act >
- Breitbart News 01:08August 7, 20226 Times Prominent Democrats Said Raising Taxes During Recession Is a Bad IdeaProminent Democrats said six times that raising taxes during a recession was a bad idea, yet the Democrats are seeking to raise taxes on companies over the weekend.
< Economy, Politics, Barack Obama, Chuck Schumer, Democrats, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin >
- The Hill 22:43August 6, 2022Sunday shows preview: Democrats’ climate, tax and health package headed to voteDemocrats’ climate, health care and tax package, which the Senate is set to begin considering later Saturday, is expected to dominate this week’s Sunday shows circuit. Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) plans to bring the Inflation Reduction Act to the Senate floor on Saturday as Democrats look to pass the legislation through reconciliation, a...
< Sunday Talk Shows, Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, climate health tax package, joe manchin, Lindsey Graham, reconciliation bill, Richard Blumenthal, Rick Scott, Sunday shows preview >
- Business Insider 19:28August 6, 2022Trump blasts the Democratic-led climate and tax bill, says 'old broken crow' Mitch McConnell was 'taken for a ride' by Joe Manchin"I told the old broken crow, Mitch McConnell, that this was going to happen," the former president said of the sweeping Democratic-led legislation.
< Politics, Economy, Donald Trump, Mitch McConnell, Joe Manchin, Inflation Reduction Act, Chuck Schumer, Democratic Party, GOP, climate policy, Affordable Care Act, Carried Interest, 2024 presidential election >
- Business Insider 18:00August 6, 2022Democrats' surprise inflation deal still leaves 800,000 Floridians uninsured as recession fears loomFlorida probably won't have a shot at expanding Medicaid to people with incomes close to the poverty line until 2024, which is a presidential election year.
< Politics, News, Politics, Congress, Florida, Ron DeSantis, Republicans, Democrats, Joe Manchin, Medicaid, Affordable Care Act, Recession, Economy, Inflation Reduction Act >
- The Hill 16:37August 6, 2022Maher on economic bill: 'Good to see' Democrats be 'bipartisan with themselves'HBO host Bill Maher quipped it is “good to see” that Senate Democrats could be “bipartisan with themselves” after centrist Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) signaled on Friday she would support a reconciliation deal on tax reform, climate and health. During his monologue on Friday, Maher opined that President Biden had achieved several major accomplishments over...
< Media, News, Senate, Bill Maher, Bipartisan, Chuck Schumer, HBO, Inflation Reduction Act, Jobs Report, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema, President Biden, reconciliation bill >
- Breitbart News 23:42August 5, 2022Midterm Strategy: 20 Democrats Hedge on Supporting Joe Biden in 202420 Democrats have reportedly hedged on supporting President Joe Biden's reelection in 2024.
< Midterm Election, Politics, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Angus King, Carolyn Maloney, Dan Kildee, Dianne Feinstein, Jamaal Bowman, Jerry Nadler, Joe Manchin, John Fetterman, Maggie Hassan, Mandela Barnes, Michael Bennet, Steve Cohen, Susan Wild, Suzan DelBene, Tim Kaine, Tom Malinowski, Tom Suozzi >
- Business Insider 08:59August 5, 2022Sen. Kyrsten Sinema agreed to the Inflation Reduction Act but cut the carried interest tax provision — here's what that means for wealthy investorsDemocrats and Republicans alike have advocated for the closing of the carried interest tax loophole, but have failed to do so for years.
< News, Politics, Economy, insider news, Kyrsten Sinema, Joe Manchin, Chuck Schumer, Joe Biden, Inflation Reduction Act, Taxes, Wealthy, Investors >
- Business Insider 04:37August 5, 2022All 50 Democrats reach agreement on Manchin's Inflation Reduction Act, Schumer says, saving Biden's agendaSenate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer on Thursday evening said Democrats reached an agreement on the party's economic agenda.
< Politics, Schumer, Inflation Reduction Act, Kyrsten Sinema, Democrats, Breaking, Joe Manchin, Chuck Schumer, Inflation, Obamacare >
- Breitbart News 04:05August 5, 2022Breitbart Business Digest: Turning Manchin Climate and Tax Bill Into Build Back China ActThe Manchin-Schumer bill should now be renamed Build Back China.
< Economy, Breitbart Business Digest, Chuck Schumer, Debbie Stabenow, Electric Vehicles, Inflation Reduction Act, Joe Manchin >
- Breitbart News 20:33August 4, 2022China First: Automakers Push to Allow EV Tax Credits for China-Sourced BatteriesManchin's bill would prohibit subsidies from going to electric vehicles powered by batteries with materials from China. Democrat Senator Debbie Stabenow is working to undermine that rule.
< Economy, Environment, Politics, Debbie Stabenow, Electric Vehicles, Inflation Reduction Act, Joe Manchin >
- The Hill 12:15August 4, 2022Inflation Reduction Act drops most of Biden's proposals to tax the richThe deal struck last week by Sens. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), a slimmed-down version of the Build Back Better Act, leaves out most of President Biden's proposals to pull in greater government revenues from rich taxpayers. Increases in individual income tax rates for high earners, increases in the estate tax, increased taxes...
< Policy, Domestic Taxes, Finance, 50-50 Senate, capital gains tax, Chuck Schumer, Inflation Reduction Act, joe manchin, reconciliation bill, tax the rich, Wealthy americans >
- Business Insider 09:01August 4, 2022Joe Manchin said Democratic holdout Kyrsten Sinema would do her 'due diligence' and 'make her own decision' on the Inflation Reduction ActManchin said he had a "nice conversation" with Sinema and that they are "talking" about the bill.
< News, Politics, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, Inflation Reduction Act >
- Breitbart News 03:17August 4, 2022Breitbart Business Digest: Joe Manchin's Wimpy Inflation BillLike the famous cartoon character Wimpy who promises to pay on Tuesday for a hamburger today, Sen. Joe Manchin's inflation bill promises to pay for all its extra spending today with savings sometime in the future.
< Economy, Breitbart Business Digest, inflation, Inflation Reduction Act, interest rate, Interest Rates, James Bullard, Joe Manchin >
- Breitbart News 00:17August 4, 2022Democrats Latest Plan: Target Middle Class Americans with IRS Audits, Keep Billionaire Loopholes OpenA bill backed by Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) would unleash the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on middle class Americans while keeping tax loopholes open for billionaires and their multinational corporations.
< Economy, Politics, Build Back Better, Chuck Schumer, IRS, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Middle Class, tax hikes, working class >
- The Hill 23:40August 3, 2022Coal industry 'shocked and disheartened' by Manchin climate dealThe West Virginia Coal Association and several other state-based coal industry groups on Wednesday blasted the tax and climate deal that Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) agreed to last week, warning it will “severely threaten American coal” and an estimated 381,000 jobs. “This legislation is so egregious, it leaves those of us that call Sen....
< Senate, Energy & Environment, Charles Schumer, Climate change, coal producers, fossil fuels, joe manchin >
- Breitbart News 22:59August 3, 2022CBO Says Manchin-Schumer Climate and Spending Bill Grows Deficit For First Five YearsSo no anti-inflation pressure until 2028.
< Economy, Politics, #Bidenflation, inflation, Inflation Reduction Act, Joe Manchin >
- The Hill 16:40August 3, 2022Former Treasury secretaries backing Inflation Reduction ActFive former Treasury secretaries on Wednesday signed a statement backing the Inflation Reduction Act, pushing back against the claim that the reconciliation bill will raise taxes on Americans who make under $400,000 a year. The former Treasury secretaries, both Republicans and Democrats, said the legislation is "financed by prudent tax policy that will collect more from top-earners...
< Senate, Chuck Schumer, Hank Paulson, Inflation Reduction Act, Jacob Lew, joe manchin, Robert Rubin and Larry Summers (President Clinton), Tim Geithner >
- Breitbart News 13:17August 3, 2022Report: More Establishment House Democrats Refuse to Back Joe Biden for 2024 RunThe prospect of President Joe Biden running again in 2024 is being increasingly stymied by senior establishment members of the Democratic Party lining up against him, a report Wednesday details.
< Politics, 2024 Presidential Election, Carolyn Maloney, Jerry Nadler, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin >
- Breitbart News 02:11August 3, 2022Breitbart Business Digest: Manchin's Tax Hike Does Not Touch Amazon's Biggest Tax BreakAmazon is not sweating the corporate tax hike in the Joe Manchin-approved climate spending bill.
< Economy, Amazon, Breitbart Business Digest, Jeff Bezos, Joe Manchin, Nancy Pelosi, Taiwan >
- Breitbart News 00:27August 3, 2022Inflation Inferno: Manchin-Schumer 'Inflation Reduction' Bill Gimmicks Exposed, Proposal Actually Increases Spending, InflationThe Inflation Reduction Act will add more fuel to the "inflation fire," a study of the bill's provisions by a top Republican lawmaker showed Tuesday.
< Economy, Politics, Inflation Reduction Act, IRS, Jason Smith, Joe Manchin, Obamacare, released a fact released on Tuesday detailing how the Inflation Reduction Act uses budget gimmicks to and false sunsets to hide the true cost of Manchin's alleged deficit reduction bill >
- New York Magazine 22:46August 2, 2022Republicans Line Up to Challenge Manchin in 2024 for Sin of Being a DemocratNow that Manchin has agreed to only partially kill Biden’s agenda, Republicans are outraged. But it’s unclear he’ll even run in two years.
< politics, joe manchin, inflation reduction act, early and often >
- Business Insider 21:38August 2, 2022Republicans and Democrats are feuding over who's bearing the brunt of tax hikes. Sinema's make-or-break vote on Biden's big bill hangs in the balance.Republicans are pummeling Dems for seeking corporate tax hikes they argue will get passed onto Americans. Democrats say not so fast.
< Economy, Politics, Policy, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, Taxes, 15% corporate tax, IRA bill, Inflation Reduction Act >
- New York Magazine 18:51August 2, 2022Will Kyrsten Sinema Kill Biden’s Climate and Health Agenda?She really, really hates taxing the rich.
< politics, the national interest, kyrsten sinema, joe biden, joe manchin, inflation reduction act >
- Business Insider 20:46August 1, 2022Former US Treasury Secretary Larry Summers pegs recession likelihood at 75% chanceSummers was influential in convincing Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia to support the new climate and healthcare bill.
< Politics, News, Recession, Politics, Joe Manchin, Andrew Sullivan, Larry Summers, Economy, Layoffs, Joe Biden, Sen. Joe Manchin, Inflation, Janet Yellen, Unemployment >
- The Hill 20:12August 1, 2022Manchin will talk to Sinema about supporting climate, tax dealSen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) says he will talk to fellow centrist Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) about supporting a broad tax reform and climate bill he’s negotiated with Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) that would reduce carbon emissions by 40 percent by 2030. Sinema has kept silent about whether she will support the deal,...
< Senate, carried interest tax loophole, Charles Schumer, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema, spending deal >
- New York Magazine 16:01August 1, 2022Republicans Say Biden’s Plan Taxes the Middle Class. That’s False.Biden’s plan fulfills his campaign promise.
< politics, the national interest, joe manchin, joe biden, inflation reduction act >
- Business Insider 06:51August 1, 2022Joe Manchin said he'd be OK with 'whatever the voters choose' when asked if he wanted the Democratic Party to win the midtermsManchin dodged a question on whether he cared about his party winning the midterms, saying he did not like to "play politics that way."
< News, Politics, Joe Manchin, Midterms, Democratic Party, Republican Party >
- Business Insider 02:48August 1, 2022Joe Manchin says he kept quiet on the surprise Inflation Reduction Act because he 'didn't want to disappoint people again'Manchin was a key holdout on the Build Back Better Plan for more than a year, causing heavy criticism from his Democratic colleagues and advocates.
< Politics, News, Joe Manchin, Sen. Joe Manchin, Biden, Joe Biden, President Biden, Build Back Better, Build Back Better agenda, Inflation Reduction Act, Inflation, Climate >
- Business Insider 22:34July 31, 2022GOP Sen. Pat Toomey says Joe Manchin was 'taken to the cleaners' on the Democratic-led climate and tax deal"He gets the promise that someday in the future, they'll pass some kind of legislation about energy infrastructure," Toomey said of Manchin on CNN.
< Politics, Economy, Pat Toomey, Joe Manchin, Chuck Schumer, tax reform 2017, Corporate Tax Rate, Inflation Reduction Act, climate policy >
- The Hill 22:24July 31, 2022Barrasso says Sinema 'not going to easily be twisted' on Manchin-Schumer deal: 'This is far from done'Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.) on Sunday said the new spending deal between Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) announced last week is "far from done," with suggesting possible opposition from moderate Sen. Kysrten Sinema (D-Ariz.). Barrasso told Fox News "Sunday Morning Futures" host Maria Bartiromo that Sinema "felt blindsided" by...
< Senate, climate deal, Inflation Reduction Act, joe manchin, Jon Barrasso, kysrten Sinema >
- The Hill 21:10July 31, 2022Manchin defends climate, tax deal with Schumer in multi-show blitzSen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) appeared on all five major political talk shows on Sunday to defend his climate, health care and tax deal reached with Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) while fending Republican senators who called it a betrayal. Manchin took to the airwaves to portray the package as inflation-fighting legislation, championing provisions like...
< News, Charles Schumer, Climate change, corporate minimum tax, full Ginsburg, joe manchin, Manchin-Schumer deal, Reconciliation >
- The Hill 19:14July 31, 2022Toomey says Manchin-Schumer deal is 'gimmick' with 'very dubious' projectionsSen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) on Sunday cast doubt on Democrats’ claims that a newly announced climate, health care and tax package would reduce the deficit and inflation, instead calling its cost projections a “gimmick.” During an appearance on CBS’s “Face the Nation” with guest moderator John Dickerson, Toomey said the projected revenues from tax changes...
< Sunday Talk Shows, Senate, Charles Schumer, deficit, inflation, joe manchin, Manchin-Schumer deal, Pat Toomey, Reconciliation >
- The Hill 18:26July 31, 2022Cassidy says Schumer-Manchin deal injects 'incredible amount of uncertainty into to the economy'Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-La.) on Sunday knocked the Inflation Reduction Act championed by Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and centrist swing vote Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), saying the bill could lead to a recession despite its sponsors’ claims that it will tamp down rising prices. “It may be disinflationary by causing a recession. They’re...
< Sunday Talk Shows, Bill Cassidy, Build back better, cassidy, Charles Schumer, inflation, Inflation Reduction Act, joe manchin, Manchin-Schumer deal, Recession, Schumer-Manchin deal >
- The Hill 18:22July 31, 2022Manchin fends off GOP criticism of climate, tax deal with SchumerSen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) on Sunday pushed back on Republicans’ criticism of a climate, health care and tax deal he struck with Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), championing the package as a measure to fight inflation and reduce the deficit. When asked by CBS “Face the Nation” guest moderator John Dickerson about recent comments...
< Sunday Talk Shows, Senate, Charles Schumer, inflation, joe manchin, Manchin-Schumer deal >
- Breitbart News 17:27July 31, 2022Manchin Refuses to Say If He Would Support Biden in 2024Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) said Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union" that he is not "getting involved" when asked if he would support President Biden if he ran for reelection in 2024.
< Clips, Politics, 2024 Presidential Election, CNN, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin >
- The Hill 17:17July 31, 2022Toomey says 'Joe Manchin has been taken to the cleaners' on climate dealSen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) on Sunday decried a climate, health care and tax deal struck by Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), saying he was “really surprised” that Manchin agreed to the bill. “I like Joe Manchin very much, he and I've become friends over the years that we've served...
< Sunday Talk Shows, Senate, Climate change, corporate minimum tax, inflation, joe manchin, Manchin-Schumer deal, Pat Toomey >
- The Hill 17:05July 31, 2022Manchin pushes back on analysis warning deficit, climate bill could slightly increase inflationSen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) on Sunday defended his recently announced Inflation Reduction Act against claims that the bill could increase inflation over the next year and a half. Manchin told ABC’s chief Washington correspondent, Jonathan Karl, on “This Week” that such projections aren't factoring in everything in the legislation. “We're paying down $300 billion for...
< Senate, Build back better, economic package, inflation, Inflation Reduction Act, joe manchin, manchin, reconciliation bill, This Week >
- The Hill 16:39July 31, 2022Manchin mum on whether Democrats should hold Congress after midtermsSen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) on Sunday sidestepped questions about whether he hopes his party retains control of Congress after this year’s midterm elections. “I think the Democrats have great candidates that are running. They're good people I've worked with. And I have a tremendous amount of respect and friendship with my Republican colleagues,” Manchin told...
< Sunday Talk Shows, Senate, 2022, 2022 midterms, Biden, democratic congress, democrats, endorse, joe manchin, manchin, meet the press, midterm, midterms >