- Breitbart News 17:33September 20, 2021Report: Kyrsten Sinema Issues Joe Biden Ultimatum, Demands House Vote on Senate-Passed $1.2 Trillion Infrastructure Bill by September 27 or No $3.5 Trillion BillSen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) has reportedly demanded House Speaker Pelosi (D-CA) to honor her promise of commencing a vote for the bipartisan infrastructure bill on or before September 27. If the House fails to pass the bill on deadline, Sinema will reportedly not support President Biden's $3.5 trillion trojan horse reconciliation package.
< Economy, Politics, infrastructure, infrastructure bill, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Kurt Schrader, Kyrsten Sinema, Nancy Pelosi >
- Breitbart News 16:53September 20, 2021Joe Biden's Multitrillion-Dollar Domestic Agenda Faces Major Setbacks as He Pivots to U.N.President Joe Biden's domestic agenda faces major setbacks in Congress, as Democrats debate the timing and level of spending for his second budget reconciliation spending bill.
< Economy, Politics, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Krysten Sinema, Nancy Pelosi, United Nations >
- Breitbart News 03:33September 20, 2021Report: Joe Manchin Pushes for 'Strategic Pause' for $3.5 Trillion Infrastructure Bill Until Next YearSen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) said that President Joe Biden and the Democrat-led Congress should take a "strategic pause" from the Democrats' $3.5 trillion infrastructure bill, according to Axios.
< Politics, Chuck Schumer, infrastructure, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Nancy Pelosi >
- Breitbart News 05:50September 17, 2021Report: Biden Failed to Persuade Joe Manchin to Support $3.5 Trillion Spending BillSen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) will reportedly still not support Joe Biden’s $3.5 trillion reconciliation package for the time being, despite the president’s efforts to persuade him, according to Axios. On Wednesday, sources told Axios that President Joe Biden reportedly hosted
< Economy, Politics, Axios, budget reconciliation, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin >
- Business Insider 22:44September 16, 2021Biden calls out US billionaire wealth surging $1.8 trillion during the pandemic: 'It's simply not fair'Biden urged Congress to pass a $3.5 trillion spending plan that would include money for IRS tax enforcement and the monthly child tax credit.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Joe Biden, Infrastructure, Biden child tax credit, Inequality, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, affordable childcare, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, Biden administration, Direct payments, Economy >
- Business Insider 20:52September 16, 2021Democrats may leave a tax loophole billionaires love untouched. Closing it would dent the fortunes of Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk."Stepped-up basis" lets billionaires transfer assets without paying taxes. Closing it could help raise more than $320 billion, the White House said.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Policy, Tax Law, House Ways and Means Committee, Wealth Tax, step-up basis, Taxes, infrastructure plan, House Democrats, Senate Democrats, President Joe Biden, Ron Wyden, Kyrsten Sinema, Joe Manchin, Richard Neal, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Billionaires, wealth inequality >
- Business Insider 00:17September 16, 2021Janet Yellen says she wouldn't be Treasury Secretary today if she 'didn't have an excellent babysitter 40 years ago'Yellen credits the quality childcare her kids received in allowing her to advance in her career and urges Democrats to invest in affordable childcare.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Janet Yellen, Treasury, Childcare, affordable childcare, Reconciliation, Joe Manchin, Child tax credit, Kamala Harris >
- Business Insider 19:00September 15, 20214 reasons Congress should permanently expand $300 monthly child tax credits, according to more than 400 economistsDemocrats are clashing over how to include the Biden benefit in their $3.5 trillion social spending bill.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Child tax credit, Reconciliation, Child poverty, Economists, Jason Furman, Michael Bennet, Joe Manchin, Biden >
- New York Magazine 18:29September 15, 2021Surrendering to Republicans on Voting Rights Won’t Save DemocracyJoe Manchin seems to think voting-rights reforms have to be bipartisan to work. But letting Republicans run wild won’t encourage them to compromise.
< politics, voting rights, joe manchin, voter suppression, ned foley, republicans, democrats, john lewis voting rights act, for the people act, voting rights act of 1965, u.s. supreme court, 2022 midterms, vision 2024, kyrsten sinema >
- Business Insider 21:24September 14, 2021Biden told Sen. Joe Manchin to support his $1.9 trillion coronavirus stimulus because 'if you don't come along, you're really fucking me,' book saysManchin received a warning from President Biden as Democrats aimed to pass his $1.9 trillion coronavirus stimulus this spring, according to a new book.
< Politics, News, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, COVID-19, COVID, coronavirus, Stimulus, Bill, plan, Package, Legislation >
- Business Insider 20:45September 14, 2021Joe Manchin's inflation worries are threatening Biden's agenda, but we might have just passed the peak hysteria over runaway price hikesPolicymakers have worried about price increases all summer, not least the West Virginia senator who controls Biden's agenda. But inflation is slowing.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Inflation, Economy, Inflation Report, Inflation data, inflation outlook, CPI, CPI data, CPI inflation, Consumer Price Index, price growth, BI Graphics, Andy Kiersz, Joe Manchin, Larry Summers, Policy >
- Business Insider 20:32September 14, 2021Sen. Joe Manchin doubles down on requiring parents to work for the Biden child tax creditManchin's idea sparked early backlash from Democrats. "I think that raising children is work," Senator Sherrod Brown of Ohio told reporters Tuesday.
< Economy, Politics, Joe Manchin, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, Biden child tax credit, Bernie Sanders, White House, Joe Biden, Stimulus, Direct payments, child allowance >
- New York Magazine 16:00September 14, 2021How a Filibuster Reform for Voting Rights Could HappenJoe Manchin and others Democrats could push voting rights reform through the Senate without killing the filibuster — if they want.
< politics, filibuster reform, voting rights, filibuster carve-out, congressional budget act, cloture, reconciliation, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema, joe biden >
- Breitbart News 08:04September 14, 2021Tuberville: Manchin Will Vote for Parts of the $3.5 Trillion Reconciliation BillDespite Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) was a hard "no" on the proposed $3.5 trillion reconciliation bill on Sunday, his colleague, Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-AL), thinks Manchin will vote for the bill when it is at a much lower price tag.
< Clips, Politics, $3.5 trillion reconciliation bill, Fox Business Network, Joe Manchin, Maria Bartiromo, Mornings with Maria, Tommy Tuberville >
- Business Insider 05:57September 14, 2021Democrats are pouring cold water on Joe Manchin's suggested work requirement for the Biden child tax creditA key House progressive and several Senate Democrats including Bernie Sanders started lining up against Manchin.
< Economy, Politics, Joe Manchin, Bernie Sanders, Sherrod Brown, White House, Republicans, Democrats, Biden child tax credit, House, Senate, Direct payments, Policy >
- Business Insider 23:55September 13, 2021Sen. Alex Padilla says Democrats will have 'no choice' but to 'revisit' filibuster reform if the GOP blocks a voting-rights compromise bill"I think if we're not successful in getting 10 Republicans to do the right thing, then we have no choice but to revisit the rules of the Senate," he said.
< Politics, Alex Padilla, Voting Rights, For the People Act, Joe Manchin, Dianne Feinstein, Filibuster, filibuster reform, GOP, Senate >
- Business Insider 22:46September 13, 2021Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez blasts Sen. Joe Manchin for 'weird, patronizing behavior' after he referred to her as a 'young lady'"I don't know the young lady that well," Manchin said of Ocasio-Cortez. "We have not had any conversations."
< Politics, News, AOC, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Congress, Infrastructure, Reconciliation, Package, Bill, Joe Manchin, Senate, House >
- Business Insider 13:30September 13, 2021As Dems try to agree a $3.5 trillion spending plan, Sen. Joe Manchin - whose vote is essential - wants to cut the cost by almost 60%Manchin has repeatedly stood in the way of plans by Democrats to pass huge new government spending. It can't happen without his vote.
< Politics, Sen. Joe Manchin, infrastructure bill 2021, Biden administration, News UK >
- Breitbart News 05:42September 13, 2021Manchin Says Ocasio-Cortez Attacks 'Just Awful' -- 'Continue to Divide, Divide, Divide'Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) said Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union" that Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) was using "awful" words that '"divide'" while denying that he is beholden to Exxon and other fossil fuel lobbyists.
< Clips, Politics, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Joe Manchin >
- Business Insider 05:06September 13, 2021Joe Manchin says AOC is not entitled to her 'own facts' after she said he's beholden to big energy companiesManchin, a centrist Democrat, is urging his party to slow down the passage of a $3.5 trillion social spending bill.
< Politics, Joe Manchin, AOC, Spending Bill >
- Business Insider 04:26September 13, 2021A leaked tax plan draft shows how Democrats want to raise $2.9 trillion from wealthy Americans and big corporations, rolling back Trump-era tax cutsA document circulating among House Democrats says high-earning Americans with incomes over $5 million could see a 3% "surtax."
< Economy, Politics, House Democrats, Richard Neal, Trump tax cuts, Trump Tax Law, Corporate taxes, Joe Manchin, White House, Biden infrastructure plan, Congress, Taxes >
- Breitbart News 02:51September 13, 2021Democrat Support for $3.5 Trillion Infrastructure Bill FaltersSen. Mark Warner (D-VA) said Sunday he cannot support the $3.5 trillion infrastructure bill in its current form.
< Politics, Bernie Sanders, infrastructure, Joe Manchin, Mark Warner >
- Breitbart News 02:23September 13, 2021Biden Plans to Attack Filibuster in Last-Ditch Effort to Pass Massive Voting BillTop Democrats are now calling on President Biden to lobby for "filibuster reform" in order to ram through the legislation this time around.
< Politics, Chuck Schumer, Congress, election integrity, Filibuster, For the People Act, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, Nancy Pelosi, Senate, voter fraud >
- Business Insider 20:52September 12, 2021Sen. Joe Manchin suggests requiring people to work so they can get Biden's monthly child tax credit"Don't you think, if we're going to help the children, that the people should make some effort?" Manchin said.
< Politics, Economy, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Child tax credit, Poverty, coronavirus, weekend BI US >
- Breitbart News 16:56September 12, 2021Manchin: I Will Not Vote for $3.5 Trillion Reconciliation Bill Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) said Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union" that he will not vote for the $3.5 trillion reconciliation package that the Democrats are trying to pass as a companion bill to the infrastructure package.
< Clips, Politics, Chuck Schumer, infrastructure, Joe Manchin, reconciliation >
- Business Insider 21:55September 9, 2021Mitch McConnell says he prays for Manchin and Sinema 'every night' to oppose Biden's $3.5 trillion reconciliation billThe two Democratic moderates have both said that they are opposed to the $3.5 trillion price tag for the bill, which is central to Biden's agenda.
< Politics, Mitch McConnell, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, Reconciliation, Senate >
- Business Insider 15:30September 8, 2021Biden is picking a fight on corporate taxes with Disney, Fedex, and others. Senate Democrats may go easier.The brawl could be "ugly as hell," a former Democratic aide said, as former Senate Democrats who are now major lobbyists work to spike his tax hikes.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, White House, Republicans, Democrats, House, Nancy Pelosi, Donald Trump, Trump Tax Law, Capital gains, Corporate taxes, analysis, Policy, Economy, max baucus, Heidi Heitkamp >
- Breitbart News 10:18September 8, 2021Report: Joe Manchin Will Only Support $1 Trillion of Biden's $3.5 Trillion Spending BillAfter publicly urging Democrats to put a "pause" on President Biden's $3.5 trillion spending bill, Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) has reportedly said in private that he will only support a $1 trillion price tag.
< Economy, Politics, Axios, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, reconciliation bill, Senate >
- Business Insider 21:12September 7, 20213.3 million people could be lifted out of poverty with a proposal in Democrats' $3.5 trillion social spending billThe Urban Institute found boosting Supplemental Security Income would cut the poverty rate for low-income and disabled people by more than half.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Poverty, SSI, Supplemental Security Income, Sherrod Brown, Elderly, Disabled, Reconciliation, Child tax credit, Joe Manchin >
- Business Insider 20:14September 3, 2021Biden warns corporations like Apple, Disney, and ExxonMobil that are trying to squash his tax hikes: 'I'm going to take them on'"It's time for working families, the folks who built this country, to have their taxes cut," Biden said in remarks following the August jobs report.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Biden, Jobs, Tax Hikes, Corporate Tax, Tax Reform, Wealthy, Corporations, Infrastructure, Reconciliation, Joe Manchin >
- New York Magazine 15:00September 3, 2021The Time for Democrats to Go Nuclear Was YesterdayIf conservatives can subvert the Constitution to gut abortion rights, moderate Democrats can abolish the filibuster to protect them.
< politics, democracy, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema, texas, abortion restrictions, supreme court, conservatism >
- New York Magazine 23:51September 2, 2021Joe Manchin Has Put Biden’s Presidency in Mortal DangerManchin calls for a “pause” when Democrats need to move fast.
< politics, the national interest, joe biden, joe manchin >
- Business Insider 22:54September 2, 2021Joe Manchin said Democrats should 'hit the pause button' on $3.5 trillion spending plan and demands cuts to the price tagManchin is one of two holdouts in the party-line deal. Without his vote, Biden's plans for a revamped economy could be derailed.
< Economy, Politics, Joe Manchin, Joe Biden, Congress, Senate Democrats, Republicans, Democrats, Nancy Pelosi, Infrastructure, Economy, White House >
- Business Insider 00:26September 1, 2021Companies like Apple, Disney, and ExxonMobil are swarming Capitol Hill in a desperate attempt to squash Biden's tax plan to pay for free college and childcareMany companies want to preserve the tax rules they locked in under Trump's 2017 law. Democrats disagree on how much taxes should climb.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Chamber of Commerce, ExxonMobil, Apple, Disney, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Bernie Sanders, Lobbying, Policy, Economy >
- Business Insider 20:19August 30, 2021Biden and Congress are setting 'a 5-alarm fire' by letting federal unemployment benefits expire in a week as Delta surgesFederal jobless aid expires in a week, and Congress isn't renewing it. "A lot of people will be harmed by this," said policy expert Andrew Stettner.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Joe Biden, Federal unemployment benefits, Jobless aid, pua, pandemic unemployment assistance, PEUC, Joe Manchin, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, AOC, Nancy Pelosi, House Democrats, Economy >
- Business Insider 13:30August 29, 2021The tax overhaul Democrats are pushing that could raise enough money for 2 $1,400 stimulus checksDemocrats are likely to fight over taxes as they assemble a spending package to finance a monthly child allowance and tuition-free community college.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, GILTI, Beat, Trump Tax Law, Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Ron Wyden, stimulus check, Congress, Republicans, Joe Manchin, Economy >
- Business Insider 17:55August 26, 2021Bernie Sanders shuts down moderates' complaints that $3.5 trillion social spending plan needs cuts: 'I already negotiated'Sanders initially sought a $6 trillion budget plan, but later struck a deal with moderate Democrats like Mark Warner.
< Economy, Politics, Bernie Sanders, Kyrsten Sinema, Joe Manchin, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Donald Trump, Biden administration, Congress, Senate, House, Infrastructure >
- New York Magazine 20:30August 25, 2021What Would the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act Actually Do?The legislation, which just passed the House again, would slow down state voter-suppression measures. But it is opposed by nearly all Republicans.
< politics, voting rights, joe manchin, john lewis voting rights act, for the people act, filibuster, lisa murkowski, brian fitzpatrick, voting rights act of 1965, pre-clearance requirement, voter suppression, shelby county v. holder, brnovich v. dnc >
- Business Insider 18:13August 23, 2021Biden's $3.5 trillion economic plans could see big cuts as moderate Sen. Kyrsten Sinema doubles down in opposition to costThe plan could pave the way for Medicare's expansion, initiatives to combat the climate crisis, and set up tuition-free community college.
< Economy, Politics, Policy, Kyrsten Sinema, Joe Manchin, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, Nancy Pelosi, Biden infrastructure bill >
- Breitbart News 21:57August 22, 2021Exclusive — Sen. Hagerty: ‘Completely Incompetent’ Biden Will Screw Up ‘Infrastructure’ Just Like AfghanistanSen. Bill Hagerty (R-TN) told Breitbart News exclusively that the wide-scale incompetence in Democrat President Joe Biden's administration on display through the disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan is proof that it is foolish to think Biden and his administration could manage the implementation of a multi-trillion dollar infrastructure plan in the United States.
< Politics, Afghanistan, Bernie Sanders, Bill Hagerty, Chuck Schumer, Congress, Donald Trump, House, infrastructure, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Kamala Harris, Kyrsten Sinema, Nancy Pelosi, On the Hill, Senate, socialist, Tennessee >
- New York Magazine 23:19August 20, 2021Democrats Should (Privately) Write Off 2022 and Just GovernWhen the deal goes down on Biden’s agenda in Congress, vulnerable Democrats should not be given bragging rights for thwarting their own party.
< politics, 2022 midterms, nancy pelosi, joe biden, chuck schumer, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema, centrists, bill clinton, donald trump, george w. bush, barack obama, vision 2024, fy 2022 budget reconciliation bill, bipartisan infrastructure bill >
- Business Insider 20:34August 19, 2021Biden won't extend $300 boost to weekly unemployment benefits past SeptemberIn a letter, Biden's Treasury and Labor Secretaries said Labor Day will be the end of expanded unemployment, which 26 states moved to end early.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Biden, Unemployment, Unemployment benefits, Unemployment insurance, Marty Walsh, Janet Yellen, Stimulus, Reconciliation, Joe Manchin, Jobs, Labor, Treasury >
- New York Magazine 01:04August 18, 2021Democrats Update the John Lewis Voting Rights ActDrafted to anticipate and overcome recent Supreme Court decisions, the bill still faces a huge hurdle in passage.
< politics, john lewis voting rights advancement act, terri sewell, shelby county v. holder, brnovich v. dnc, section 2 voting rights act of 1965, section 5 voting rights act of 1965, joe manchin, john roberts, mitch mcconnell, voting rights, lisa murkowski >
- New York Magazine 00:42August 17, 2021Democrats in Congress Need to Cut to the Chase With a Deal on EverythingIt’s time for Democrats to stop threatening each other over infrastructure and reconciliation and pass Biden’s agenda, before it’s too late.
< politics, democrats, bipartisan infrastructure deal, fy 2022 budget resolutioin, fy 2022 budget reconciliation, american jobs plan, american families plan, afghanistan, nancy pelosi, chuck schumer, 2022 midterms, joe biden, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema, democratic centrists, democratic progressives >
- Business Insider 13:20August 14, 2021Delta gives Democrats a choice to pass more stimulus, but that may crash into resistance from moderates like Joe ManchinDemocrats could clash over whether to renew federal jobless aid for gig workers and bulked-up food stamps that are set to expire next month.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Joe Biden, Democrats, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, senate republicans, Biden administration, Bernie Sanders, Economy >
- Breitbart News 22:01August 13, 2021Zuckerberg's Data Says Amnesty Gives Economic Windfall to Wealthy StatesMark Zuckerberg's amnesty advocates report that the pending reconciliation amnesty will deliver a huge windfall to the wealthy coastal states -- but will offer little to midwestern states, small northeastern states, and the southern states.
< Economy, Immigration, Politics, Amnesty, Angus King, Bernie Sanders, FWD.us, H-1B, Jeanne Shaheen, Joe Manchin, John Katko, Jon Tester, Krysten Sinema, Maggie Hassan, Mark Kelly, Mark Zuckerberg, Niskanen, Niskanen Center, Patrick Leahy, reconciliation, Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY), Sherrod Brown, Susan Collins, Todd Schulte, venture capital, visa workers >
- Business Insider 00:16August 12, 2021Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema could push for big cuts to the Democratic $3.5 trillion spending plan to overhaul the economyDemocrats may need to cut the price tag of their spending plan to keep everyone onboard, given the two centrists are raising alarms about the cost.
< Economy, Politics, Policy, Joe Biden, Infrastructure, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, Child tax credit, Stimulus, Congress, White House, Reconciliation, Taxes, analysis >
- New York Magazine 19:04August 11, 2021Manchin and Sinema Prepare Their New Demands for Fellow DemocratsWhile the Democratic centrists voted for the budget blueprint, they want potentially conflicting concessions for their votes on the final product.
< politics, fy 2022 budget reconciliation bill, joe biden, fy 2022 budget resolution, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema, debt, debt limit, stopgap spending bill, revenues, taxes on wealthy, nancy pelosi, chuck schumer >
- New York Magazine 17:09August 11, 2021One Cheer for the Infrastructure DealIf a bipartisan infrastructure bill was necessary to get 50 Senate Democrats to vote for the reconciliation bill it was worth it — but just barely.
< politics, bipartisan infrastructure bill, fy 2022 budget reconciliation, joe biden, bipartisanship, voting rights, john lewis voting rights act, comprehensive immigration reform, minimum wage increase, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema >
- New York Magazine 19:49August 10, 2021Senate Passes Infrastructure Bill, Moves On to BudgetAll Democrats and 19 Republicans voted “aye.” Now the GOP can point to this show of bipartisanship as they block various budget votes ahead.
< politics, bipartisan infrastructure deal, fy 2022 budget resolution, fy 2022 budget reconciliation bill, debt limit, appropriations, chuck schumer, mitch mcconnell, mike rounds, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema, nancy pelosi >