- New York Magazine 19:26April 26, 2021Supreme Court Accepts Case That Could Overturn State Gun LawsA New York concealed-carry licensing regulation that requires demonstration of a distinctive need for self-defense outside the home could soon fall.
< politics, second amendment, guns, gun violence, district of columbia v. heller, concealed-carry laws, brett kavanaugh, amy coney barrett, john roberts, clarence thomas, samuel alito, u.s. supreme court >
- Breitbart News 20:00April 10, 2021SCOTUS: California Must Allow In-Home Religious GatheringsThe Supreme Court ruled in a 5-4 decision late on Friday that California must lift its coronavirus pandemic restrictions on in-home religious gatherings and prayer meetings.
< Faith, Politics, Pre-Viral, California, coronavirus, Gavin Newsom, John Roberts, Religious freedom, Supreme Court >
- New York Magazine 14:00April 6, 2021Why Is the Supreme Court Hesitating on Abortion?With a solidly anti-choice bloc on the bench, a decision on whether to hear a big case is all the more mysterious.
< politics, supreme court, abortion, roe v. wade, planned parenthood v. casey, dobbs v. jackson women's health organization, hellerstedt v. whole women's health, june medical services v. russo, john roberts, stephen breyer, brett kavanaugh, amy comey barrett, clarence thomas, samuel alito, neil gorsuch, harry blackmun, mississippi >
- Breitbart News 06:44March 30, 2021Report: Supreme Court Will Consider Kentucky Abortion CaseThe Supreme Court will address a procedural question of who can defend state abortion restrictions. The case, Cameron v. EMW Women’s Surgical Center, weighs Kentucky’s prohibition on surgical abortion used after 15 weeks of pregnancy.
< Podcast, Science, Abortion, Daniel Cameron, John Roberts, Kentucky, Marjorie Dannenfelser, Matt Bevin, SCOTUS, sixth circuit, Supreme Court >
- New York Magazine 20:41January 25, 2021Senate Republicans Don’t Even Want to Have an Impeachment TrialDemocrats will force the trial to go forward, but the odds of a conviction are low and getting lower.
< politics, impeachment trial, donald trump, mitch mcconnell, chuck schumer, senate republicans, article of impeachment, joe biden, john roberts, u.s. supreme court >
- New York Magazine 02:00January 23, 2021Can Biden and Democrats Protect Abortion Rights From Trump’s Judges?The worst was averted when Trump lost and Democrats won control of the Senate. But an anti-abortion majority on the Supreme Court could strike soon.
< politics, abortion, roe v. wade, joe biden, kamala harris, u.s. supreme court, stephen breyer, john roberts, clarence thomas, amy coney barrett, brett kavanaugh, neil gorsuch, planned parenthood v. casey, samuel alito, june medical services v. russo, donald trump, ruth bader ginsburg >
- New York Magazine 21:00January 19, 2021Trump’s Second Impeachment Trial Will Be a Democratic ProductionThe question of whether a former president can be tried and then banned from future office will hang over Trump’s second trial from the get-go.
< politics, impeachment, impeachment trial, donald trump, kamala harris, mitch mcconnell, chuck schumer, joe biden, jon ossoff, raphael warnock, pat leahy, john roberts >
- New York Magazine 15:00January 15, 2021Who Will Be in Charge of Trump’s Impeachment Trial?Why it may not be Chief Justice John Roberts this time around.
< politics, impeachment, impeachment trial, john roberts, kamala harris, mitch mcconnell, chuck schumer, jon ossoff, raphael warnock, constitution >
- Business Insider 15:34January 2, 2021Pro-Trump lawyer Lin Wood insists he is not insane after tweeting that Mike Pence should face execution by firing squadIn a Twitter thread, the conservative lawyer and staunch Trump ally accused senior Republicans of helping to "steal" the election.
< News, Politics, Election 2020, UK Weekend, News UK, UK News, Lin Wood, Donald Trump, Sidney Powell, Mike Pence, John Roberts, Mitch McConell >
- Business Insider 03:08November 27, 2020New York Governor Cuomo called the Supreme Court ruling that blocked some COVID-19 restrictions on religious services 'irrelevant'The ruling was in favor of the Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn and Orthodox Jewish synagogues, who claimed to be unfairly singled out by the guidelines.
< Politics, News, Science, Andrew Cuomo, Supreme Court, John Roberts, Amy Coney Barrett, COVID-19, coronavirus >
- Breitbart News 09:42November 26, 2020Supreme Court Sides with Religious Groups Against Andrew Cuomo, 5-4The U.S. Supreme Court granted an injunction Wednesday evening against New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's restrictions on religious services in a 5-4 decision that saw Justice Amy Coney Barrett with the conservative majority -- and Chief Justice John Roberts siding with the liberal minority.
< Faith, Health, Politics, Amy Coney Barrett, coronavirus, COVID-19, First Amendment, John Roberts, religious liberty >