- Breitbart News 18:27May 14, 2021GOP Senators Stunned as Mayorkas Blames Trump for 2021 Child-Migrant SurgeGOP Senators were stunned on Thursday when homeland security chief Alejandro Mayorkas insisted that the surge of juvenile migrants began under President Donald Trump.
< Immigration, Politics, Alejandro Mayorkas, asylum, center for immigration studies, Gary Peters, Migrants, Mitt Romney, Rob Law, Rob Portman, Ron Johnson, UACs >
- Business Insider 16:47May 14, 2021Delaware State University will use Biden's stimulus to cancel over $700,000 in student debtOn average, $3,276 in student debt will be canceled for eligible borrowers: recent graduates who faced financial hardships during the pandemic.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Education, Policy, Economy, Politics, Student Debt, Delaware, Student Loan Debt, Student Loans, Education, Biden, Miguel Cardona, Student debt forgiveness >
- Business Insider 12:46May 14, 2021Tesla has been hit with a class-action lawsuit over its Solar Roof price hikes, led by customer who says his contract got jacked up from $71,000 to $146,000In April, Tesla raised prices for Solar Roof customers waiting on installation. Matthew Amans, leading the class-action, said his price doubled.
< Tech Insider, Tesla, Solar roof, solar power, lawsuit, Elon Musk >
- The Guardian 08:05May 14, 2021‘Bodies are being eaten by hyenas; girls of eight raped’A nun working in war-torn Tigray has shared her harrowing testimony of the atrocities taking placeThe Ethiopian nun, who has to remain anonymous for her own security, is working in Mekelle, Tigray’s capital, and surrounding areas, helping some of the tens of thousands of people displaced by the fighting who have been streaming into camps in the hope of finding shelter and food. Both are in short supply. Humanitarian aid is being largely blocked and a wholesale crackdown is seeing civilians being picked off in the countryside, either shot or rounded up and taken to overcrowded prisons. She spoke to Tracy McVeigh this week.“After the last few months I’m happy to be alive. I have to be OK. Mostly we are going out to the IDP [internally displaced people] camps and the community centres where people are. They are in a bad way. Continue reading...
< Global development, Sexual violence, Ethiopia, Africa, Internally displaced people, Eritrea, War crimes, Rape and sexual assault, World news, Law, Society, Women, Life and style, Human rights, Human rights >
- The Guardian(UK) 08:00May 14, 2021Rape is being used as weapon of war in Ethiopia, say witnessesEthiopian nun speaks of widespread horror she and colleagues are seeing on a daily basis inside the heavily isolated region of Tigray‘Bodies are left to be eaten by hyenas; girls as young as eight are being raped’Thousands of women and girls are being targeted by the deliberate tactic of using rape as a weapon in the civil war that has erupted in Ethiopia, according to eyewitnesses.In a rare account from inside the heavily isolated region of Tigray, where communications with the outside world are being deliberately cut off, an Ethiopian nun has spoken of the widespread horror she and her colleagues are seeing on a daily basis since a savage war erupted six months ago. Continue reading...
< Global development, Sexual violence, Ethiopia, Rape and sexual assault, War crimes, Africa, World news, United Nations, Human rights, Law, Society, Women, Life and style, Eritrea, Human rights, Internally displaced people >
- Petapixel 20:32May 13, 2021Twitter Joins Coalition of Media/Tech Companies Combating Fake NewsTwitter is the latest tech and media giant to join The Coalition for Content Provenance and Authenticity (C2PA), which focuses on combating misleading and fraudulent online content. In late 2019, Adobe-led collaboration with The New York Times Company and Twitter helped establish the Content Authenticity Initiative (CAI), which aims to address online content authenticity through […]
< Industry, Law, News, adobe, adobecontentauthenticityinitiative, authenticity, bbc, coalitionforcontentprocenanceandauthenticity, contentauthenticity, contentauthenticityinitiative, fakenews, microsoft, newyorktimes, provenance, socialmedia, twitter >
- Breitbart News 15:09May 13, 2021Israeli Flags Burned and Synagogues Attacked in GermanyGerman police have arrested several people of "Arabic appearance" following attacks on synagogues in North Rhine-Westphalia, including incidents where suspects burned Israeli flags in front of temples.
< Israel / Middle East, Law and Order, London / Europe, anti-semitism, antisemitic, antisemitism, Antisemtism, Bonn, Community Cohesion, diversity, dusseldorf, EU, European Union, Gaza, Gelsenkirchen, Germany, Identity Politics, integration, Israel, Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Multiculturalism, Munster, National Identity, north rhine-westphalia, Palestine, Social Cohesion, synagogue, Synagogues >
- The Guardian 10:00May 13, 2021‘Weak’ US let Saudis jail more dissidents, says rights groupLack of US sanctions on crown prince led to harsher sentences for critics of regime, Grant Liberty reportsThe Biden administration’s failure to impose sanctions on Saudi Arabia’s crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman, has led to a increase in severe sentences for political prisoners in the kingdom, the Guardian can reveal.The UK-based human rights organisation Grant Liberty found that twice as many harsh sentences had been meted out to Saudi prisoners of conscience in April than in the first three months of this year combined. It followed the Biden administration’s decision on 26 February to publish an intelligence report that showed the crown prince, “approved an operation in Istanbul, Turkey, to capture or kill Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi”. Continue reading...
< Global development, Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman, Human rights, Law, Middle East and North Africa, Biden administration, US news, World news, Joe Biden, Qatar, Media, Jamal Khashoggi, King Salman >
- Guardian 08:00May 13, 2021Édouard Louis: ‘Truth is a revenge because we live in a world of lies’The author, who became a literary sensation at the age of 21 with The End of Eddy, is appearing in a show exploring acting in theatre and in everyday lifeSome people give their bodies to medical science. Édouard Louis has given his to art. That, at any rate, is the view of a fan the novelist met and it seems to hit the mark. Louis is the French literary sensation who was celebrated at 21 for The End of Eddy, an autobiographical account of growing up gay in a working-class village in the north of France. So frank were his descriptions of bullying, repression and deprivation that readers wanted to believe they were fiction. But Louis wrote from first-hand experience.He was back as the subject of his next novel, History of Violence, in which he described the emotional impact of being raped. Fearless in its evocation of his circular thought processes, obsessive behaviour and dark depression, the book was also an attempt to reclaim a story for himself. “For me, writing is always a fight against invisibility,” he tells me over Zoom. Continue reading...
< Theatre, Stage, Culture, Édouard Louis, Books, Milo Rau, France, Rape and sexual assault, LGBT rights, Acting, Europe, Society, Law, World news >
- Petapixel 23:55May 12, 2021Woman Arrested for Posing as High Schooler To Get Instagram FollowersA Florida woman, and former police officer, was arrested on a litany of charges after allegedly sneaking into a high school and posing as a student in an attempt to gain Instagram followers. 28-year-old Audrey Nicole Francisquini was arresged after she allegedly snuck onto the campus of American Senior High School in Hialeah, Florida. She […]
< Culture, Law, News, arrested, bizarre, florida, floridawoman, followers, formerpoliceofficer, instagram, law, policeofficer, socialmedia, unusual >
- Guardian 20:16May 12, 2021Online safety bill: a messy new minefield in the culture warsAnalysis: Ofcom remains gatekeeper of big social networks, but moderators face multiple conundrums with the legislationModeration of online content is difficult. Social networks want to take down content that breaks their rules. They have to do it quickly enough that they do not get shouted at for leaving bad things up, but they have to do it accurately so that they do not get shouted at for taking the wrong things down.In 2019 the UK government announced a plan to fix things. The intention of the online harms white paper was to apply pressure to social networks, to shift that dilemma. If social networks had rules against content that they did not enforce, they would get into legal trouble. Continue reading...
< Internet safety, Law, Social networking, Internet, Ofcom, Freedom of speech, Online abuse, Regulators, Artificial intelligence (AI), Twitter, Facebook, Technology, Computing, Media >
- Petapixel 20:01May 12, 2021This is Architectural Photographer Mike Kelley’s Actual Client ContractArchitectural photographer Mike Kelley, who might be best known for his viral photos of Airports around the world has released a $100 contract template for professional photographers working in the architecture, design, and real estate markets. Kelley says that he has worked with a team of lawyers to draft a contract that is easily adaptable […]
< Law, News, apalmanac, architecture, architecturephotography, contract, coupon, legal, mikekelley, purchase, template >
- Breitbart News 18:45May 12, 2021Nolte: Hate Crimes Explode 73% in Democrat-Run New York CityIn a city populated by and governed by Democrats, a deep blue city where His Fraudulency Joe Biden won a whopping 76 percent of the vote, there has been an explosion in hate crimes.
< Crime, Law and Order, Politics, Hate Crime, John Nolte, New York City >
- New York Magazine 16:00May 11, 2021States Are Starting to Fix the NCAA — For the Wrong ReasonsCompetition, not morality, is driving legislation that allows college athletes to make some money.
< games, ncaa, college sports, labor law, politics, georgia, florida, brian kemp, ron desantis, college football >
- The Guardian(UK) 15:00May 11, 2021NHS Covid lab staff hired via pay scheme with tax scam hallmarksRevealed: Hundreds of workers recruited for Milton Keynes lab were employed by multiple mini companiesA recruitment firm that hires workers to conduct NHS Covid-19 tests – and is co-owned by a well-known football executive – has been supplying staff employed through a contrived network of companies that possesses many of the hallmarks of a notorious tax scam.Industrious Recruitment has supplied laboratory staff to the NHS Lighthouse laboratories in Milton Keynes, which was launched by the health secretary, Matt Hancock, last year as the first of three of the government’s “mega labs” processing hundreds of thousands of Covid-19 tests a week. Continue reading...
< Tax avoidance, UK news, Coronavirus, NHS, Employment law, Business, HMRC, National insurance, England, Tax and spending, Corporate governance, Health, Law, Money, Politics, Society >
- Business Insider 21:16May 10, 2021The House's history-making top security official talked with Insider about his plan to reopen the Capitol and ensure it will 'never, ever be breached again' after the January 6 attackWhen a pro-Trump mob broke past security and attacked the Capitol, Walker, then in charge of the DC National Guard, sent in his troops to help. Now, as the first Black House sergeant at arms, he's trying to fix things from the inside.
< Politics, Sergeant at Arms, january 6, January 6 riot, Insurrection, capitol, Joe Biden, Security, Military, Congress, National Guard, Army, DEA, Drug Enforcement Administration, Law Enforcement, Police, Donald Trump, joint address to Congress, COVID, Catholic >
- Breitbart News 21:01May 10, 2021Watch: LAPD's Topanga Division Station Firebombed in Latest Attack on Law EnforcementIn the latest violent attack on Los Angeles law enforcement, the L.A. Police Department's Topanga Division station was firebombed with an apparent molotov cocktail early Sunday. Authorities pursued and successfully apprehended the suspect.
< Law and Order, Politics, LAPD, Los Angeles Police Department, Topanga >
- Breitbart News 15:46May 10, 2021Joe Biden Blames Law Enforcement for Fueling 'Distrust' in Police Week Statement Honoring the FallenPresident Joe Biden blamed law enforcement for fueling "distrust" in minority communities in his proclamation declaring Peace Officers Memorial Day and "Police Week."
< Crime, Law and Order, Politics, Barack Obama, Black Lives Matter, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, National Peace Officers' Memorial Day, Police, police week >
- Breitbart News 19:15May 9, 2021Disabled Veteran Says Armed BLM Protesters Beat Him During Portland DemonstrationA disabled veteran in Portland, Oregon, is hospitalized with multiple serious injuries after a group of armed Black Lives Matter protesters attacked and beat him. Portland Police Bureau officials reportedly received several calls about the violent acts of the BLM protesters on May 5.
< Law and Order, Politics, Antifa, Black Lives Matter, Portland Police Bureau, Portland Protests >
- Business Insider 13:31May 9, 2021After Tesla increased the price of a Solar Roof project by more than $30,000, the customers explain why they have filed a lawsuit alleging breach of contractAfter waiting six months for their new Solar Roof, a Pennsylvania couple said Tesla informed them of a significant price hike.
< Tech Insider, Law, Weekend BI UK, Tesla, Solar roof, Law, Solar, Pennsylvania >
- The Guardian 09:00May 9, 2021Democrats renew effort to get Donald Trump’s financial recordsHouse committee is arguing to federal judge that with Trump out of office, he no longer has a viable claim to withhold materialsA powerful Democrat-led House committee is pushing a federal judge to order Donald Trump to comply with a subpoena for his financial records, arguing he no longer has a viable claim to withhold materials now that he is out of office, according to a source familiar with the matter.The move from the House oversight committee, led by the chair Carolyn Maloney, marks the latest salvo from Democrats in their years-long pursuit to secure Trump’s tax records and related documents, in a case testing the scope and limits of Congress’s oversight authority. Continue reading...
< House of Representatives, Donald Trump, US politics, US news, Law (US) >
- Breitbart News 01:45May 9, 2021Report: Biden's ICE Chief Nominee Sought Release of 1.5K Inmates, Including Illegal Aliens, Violent OffendersPresident Joe Biden's nominee to lead the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency, Harris County, Texas, Sheriff Ed Gonzalez, sought the release of more than 1,500 inmates this year, including illegal aliens and those charged with violent crimes.
< Economy, Environment, Politics, Greg Abbott, Harris County, ICE, illegal immigration, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Joe Biden, law enforcement, sanctuary country, Texas >
- Breitbart News 02:27May 7, 2021SF Mayor Announces $3.75 Million Redirected from Law Enforcement to Black BusinessesSF Mayor London Breed announced on Wednesday that $3.75 million will be diverted from law enforcement budgets to black organizations.
< Law and Order, Politics, Social Justice, African American, budget, non-profits, Police, San Francisco >
- Breitbart News 02:14May 7, 2021Democrats Work to Defund Police Program So Criminal Illegal Aliens Can Evade DeportationA group of House Democrats, including Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), Ayanna Presley (D-MA), and Rashida Tlaib (D-MI), are asking House appropriators to defund a police program in order to help criminal illegal aliens evade deportation from the United States.
< Immigration, Law and Order, Politics, 287(g), Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ayanna Pressley, Defund the Police, Deportation, ICE, illegal immigration, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Police, Rashida Tlaib >
- Petapixel 23:14May 6, 2021New York Times Launches Prototype System to Combat MisinformationThe New York Times R&D team has partnered up with the Content Authenticity Initiative (CAI) to create a prototype that gives readers transparency and authentication of news visuals in a continued attempt to reduce the spread of false information. In 2020, PetaPixel reported that Adobe had released details on the CAI, which was founded in […]
< Industry, Law, News, adobecai, adobecontentauthenticityinitiative, cai, caidata, contentauthenticity, contentauthenticityinitiative, digitalproof, journalism, proofing >
- The Guardian(UK) 17:59May 6, 2021Home Office unlawfully stopped family joining Windrush woman, court rulesFamily of Lynda Mahabir will be able to join her in UK without paying large immigration feesThe Home Office unlawfully prevented the children and husband of a Windrush generation woman from joining her in the UK, separating the family for almost three years in a manner the high court ruled represented “a colossal interference” in her right to family life.In a significant judgment that could help many others from the Windrush cohort to bring close relatives to the UK, the family of Lynda Mahabir, who was barred entry from the UK for almost 40 years, will now be able to join her in Britain without paying thousands of pounds in immigration fees. Continue reading...
< Windrush scandal, Commonwealth immigration, Immigration and asylum, UK news, Law >
- Petapixel 17:52May 6, 2021Photojournalist Arrested at BLM Protest Wins Lawsuit Against PoliceAn independent photojournalist that sued the D.C. Police following his arrest for filming a protest in 2020 has won a settlement. During a racial justice protest in August 2020, Kian Kelley-Chung, a local Black journalist and documentarian, was arrested among 40 other people, DCist reports. The 23-year old journalist and his film partner, Andrew Jasiura, […]
< Culture, News, blacklivesmatter, blm, kiankelleychung, lawsuit, nationalpressphotographersassociation, nppa, police, policebrutality, protest, protestphotography, protestphotos, settlement >
- New York Times 16:16May 6, 2021Hong Kong Pushes ‘Fake News’ Label as Media Face ‘Worst of Times’The police distributed a magazine denouncing “rumors and lies,” and have warned news outlets against undermining national security.
< Politics and Government, Law and Legislation, Rumors and Misinformation, Hong Kong Protests (2019), Political Prisoners, Human Rights and Human Rights Violations, News and News Media, Apple Daily, Radio Television Hong Kong, Lai, Jimmy, Wong, Joshua (1996- ), Choy Yuk-ling, Hong Kong >
- The Guardian 15:09May 6, 2021ICC sentences Ugandan Lord’s Resistance Army leader to 25 yearsFormer child soldier Dominic Ongwen committed crimes against humanity as commander in cultThe international criminal court has sentenced a former militia leader and child soldier from Uganda to 25 years in prison after he was found guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity in a landmark judgment.The presiding judge, Bertram Schmitt, said the panel of judges had considered sentencing Dominic Ongwen to life imprisonment, the court’s harshest punishment, but had sided against it due to the defendant’s own personal suffering. Continue reading...
< International criminal court, Uganda, Africa, International criminal justice, Law, World news, War crimes >
- Business Insider 14:33May 6, 2021Google 'arguably violated' labor law when it fired employees involved in unionizing, says NLRB chiefGoogle fired the three engineers just before Thanksgiving 2019, alleging that they leaked company information in violation of its policies.
< Tech Insider, Google, Labor law, Joe Biden, Technology >
- Breitbart News 10:01May 6, 2021Report: Derek Chauvin Juror Wore George Floyd T-Shirt At Least TwiceBrandon Mitchell, a juror in the trial of former Minneapolis, Minnesota, police officer Derek Chauvin, apparently wore a George Floyd-themed T-shirt at least twice, despite public denials.
< Crime, Law and Order, Politics, Derek Chauvin, George Floyd >
- Business Insider 04:52May 6, 2021US Justice Department expresses 'concerns' over the GOP's Arizona election audit being conducted by Cyber NinjasIn a letter to the president of Arizona's state Senate, the department said it had reviewed information that "raises concerns" about the integrity of the effort.
< Law, Politics, Arizona, 2020 election, Audit, cyber ninjas, Conspiracy Theories >
- Breitbart News 02:09May 6, 2021San Diego Spending $5M in Taxpayer Money to Give Lawyers to Illegal AliensSan Diego County, California, will spend $5 million to provide taxpayer-funded lawyers to illegal aliens in federal custody to help them fight their deportations.
< Immigration, Law and Order, Politics, California, Deportation, illegal immigration, San Diego County, Sanctuary State, Southern Border, U.S.-Mexico border >
- Breitbart News 01:23May 6, 2021Report: Joe Biden Forces Down Deportations of Illegal Aliens to Lowest in U.S. HistoryPresident Joe Biden's "sanctuary country" orders, preventing the deportation of about 9-in-10 illegal aliens, are hugely forcing down the number of illegal aliens being deported which has now dropped to the lowest monthly total since federal officials began tracking the number.
< Immigration, Law and Order, Politics, Department of Homeland Security, deportations, DHS, ICE, illegal immigration, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Joe Biden, sanctuary country >
- Business Insider 21:03May 5, 2021A California court case over a flammable hoverboard could force Amazon to change its entire third-party sales business modelA California judge has resurrected a lawsuit that challenges some of the basic premises of Amazon's third-party sales marketplace.
< Retail, Law, Amazon >
- Observer 18:00May 5, 2021Meghan Markle Just Won the Final Copyright Claim in Her Tabloid LawsuitLawyers acting on behalf of Queen Elizabeth denied that the Crown held any copyright claim over a private letter the Duchess of Sussex wrote to her father.
< Associated Newspapers, British Royal Family, british royal family news, British Royals, British Tabloid, Duchess of Sussex, Duke and Duchess of Sussex, mail on sunday, Royal family news, royal lawsuits, Royal news, royals >
- Business Insider 17:12May 5, 2021Bill and Melinda Gates' separation agreement likely took at least a year to figure out ahead of the divorce, an expert saidIdentifying all the property in a $146 billion fortune takes a long time, said a family law professor at the University of Washington.
< Tech Insider, Law, News, Bill Gates, Melinda Gates, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Bill and Melinda Gates fortune, Gates Foundation, Divorce, Divorce Law, Prenups, Separation agreement >
- The Guardian(UK) 11:00May 5, 2021More trafficking victims facing forcible removal from UK under rule changeRights groups warn many more survivors face being locked up after MPs back Home Office changeMore victims of trafficking will be locked up in detention and forcibly removed from the UK after MPs approved a change in Home Office rules relating to this vulnerable group, campaigners have warned.MPs recently confirmed what is known as a statutory instrument. This change in rules relating to the detention of trafficking victims comes into force on 25 May and will require them to provide a higher standard of proof that they should not be detained. Continue reading...
< Human trafficking, Immigration and asylum, Home Office, Priti Patel, Human rights, Global development, Law, UK news, Politics >
- Breitbart News 03:54May 5, 2021Derek Chauvin Files Motion for New Trial, Citing Jury IntimidationFormer police officer Derek Chauvin, convicted last month of murder and manslaughter in the death of George Floyd last May, filed a motion for a new trial on Tuesday.
< Crime, Law and Order, Politics, Black Lives Matter, Derek Chauvin, George Floyd >
- The Guardian(UK) 02:49May 5, 2021Derek Chauvin: ex-officer convicted in George Floyd’s murder asks for new trialAttorney Eric Nelson alleged prosecutorial and jury misconduct, errors of law at trial and said the verdict was contrary to lawDerek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer convicted of murdering George Floyd, has asked a judge for a new trial, according to a court document filed Tuesday.In a series of motions filed to the district court judge Peter Cahill, Chauvin’s attorney, Eric Nelson, said his client was deprived of a fair trial, adding there was prosecutorial and jury misconduct, errors of law at trial and that the verdict was contrary to law. Continue reading...
< Minneapolis, Law (US), George Floyd, Minnesota, US crime, US policing, Race, US news >
- Business Insider 23:34May 4, 2021Meet Victoria Toensing and Joseph diGenova, the Republican power couple caught up in the FBI's Rudy Giuliani investigationToensing and diGenova have been Republican fixtures for decades and were instrumental in the Ukraine scandal that led to Trump's first impeachment.
< Politics, News, Law, Media, Donald Trump, Ukraine, Rudy Giuliani, FBI, Dmytro Firtash, victoria toensing, joseph digenova, Lev Parnas, Igor Fruman, George Soros, John Solomon, The Hill, Fox news >
- Breitbart News 22:14May 4, 2021White House: Joe Biden Will Announce 'Domestic Terrorism' Strategy Within WeeksThe White House confirmed Tuesday that President Joe Biden would announce a strategy to tackle "domestic terrorism" within weeks.
< Crime, Law and Order, Politics, Department of Homeland Security, Director of National Intelligence (DNI), FBI, Jen Psaki, Joe Biden, White House >
- Business Insider 18:42May 4, 2021At its heart, the legal spat between Apple and 'Fortnite' maker Epic Games is about whether or not the iPhone is a computerApple and "Fortnite" maker Epic Games have just begun a massive legal battle over how the iPhone and iPad App Store works.
< Tech Insider, Law, Apple, Gaming, Video Games, Epic Games, Epic, iPhone, iPad, iOS, App Store, Tim Sweeney, Tim Cook >
- Business Insider 18:41May 4, 2021Why divorce rates could spike after the pandemic ends, according to a family and divorce lawyerValerie Tocci says financial and emotional stresses may cause tension in couples who are now spending the majority of their time together.
< Strategy, Careers, Nordic, Divorce, Couples, Lockdown, Relationships, Lawyer, original contributor, contributor 2019, Opinion, Laura Casado >
- Business Insider 05:04May 4, 2021Tesla ordered by judge to turn over documents related to Elon Musk's $55 billion compensation planA shareholder lawsuit argued Musk's pay plan wasted corporate funds, and that Musk may have strong-armed his way into getting the plan approved.
< Tech Insider, Transportation, Tesla, Elon Musk, CEO pay, Executive compensation, Lawsuits, Shareholder, corporate boards >
- Business Insider 02:24May 4, 2021Dominion is accusing Sidney Powell of promoting 'defamatory falsehoods' to attract money and fameThe election software company is suing the former Trump campaign attorney for defamation and seeking $1.3 billion in damages.
< Law, Politics, Sidney Powell, Dominion Voting Systems, Rudy Giuliani, lawsuit, 2020 election >
- Business Insider 18:46May 3, 2021Apple and the maker of 'Fortnite' are facing off in an epic legal battle. Here's what the companies are fighting about and what to expect in the courtroom.A major court battle between Apple and "Fortnite" maker Epic Games is about to start where both Tim Cook and Tim Sweeney are scheduled to appear.
< Tech Insider, Entertainment, Law, Video Games, Lawsuits, Apple, Epic, Epic Games, Fortnite, iOS, iPhone, iPad, App Store, iOS App Store, Apple App Store, Gaming, Smartphones >
- Business Insider 15:36May 3, 2021Read the 2 a.m. declaration of war Apple CEO Tim Cook got from the billionaire CEO behind 'Fortnite' before the companies head to court this weekIn an email to Apple leadership, Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney laid out plans to intentionally violate Apple's App Store terms of service.
< Tech Insider, Entertainment, Law, Video Games, Lawsuits, Gaming, Epic, Epic Games, Apple, Apple App Store, App Store, Fortnite, Unreal Engine, Epic Games Store >
- Breitbart News 05:42May 3, 2021Pinkerton: Wokery Is Snobbery; How the Populist Right Can Win the New Class WarWokeism is well-funded and trendy with wealthy elites. But the woke One Percenters are nowhere near a majority. This provides an opportunity for Republicans to rally Americans of all backgrounds into an anti-woke coalition.
< Law and Order, Politics, Social Justice, Woke, wokeness >
- Breitbart News 22:07May 2, 2021Exclusive: Migrant 'Got-Away' Total Exceeds 185K this Year, Says SourceA law enforcement source within Customs and Border Protection says more than 185,000 migrants escaped Border Patrol apprehension so far this fiscal year. On average, more than 30,000 illegal aliens avoided capture in the last 22 days the source said.
< Border / Cartel Chronicles, Law and Order, Politics, Biden border crisis, Human Smuggling, immigration, Joe Biden, U.S. Border Patrol, U.S. Customs and Border Protection >