- Breitbart News 11:40September 14, 2021Hurricane Nicholas Smashes Texas Coast: 'Dangerous' Flood, Storm Surge Warnings IssuedHurricane Nicholas made landfall along the Texas coast early on Tuesday morning, bringing with it the threat of up to 20 inches of rainfall to parts of the Gulf Coast, including the same area devastated by Hurricane Harvey in 2017 alongside storm-battered Louisiana.
< Environment, Politics, Hurricane Nicholas, Joe Biden, Louisiana, Texas, Weather >
- The Guardian 07:15September 14, 2021Texas on alert as Tropical Storm Nicholas upgraded to hurricaneHeavy rains could lead to streets and homes being flooded with Hurricane Nicholas expected to make landfall early TuesdayTropical storm Nicholas has strengthened into a Category 1 hurricane as it headed toward making landfall along the Texas Gulf Coast, and was expected to bring heavy rain and floods to coastal areas from Mexico to storm-battered Louisiana.Forecasters at the National Hurricane Center in Miami said top sustained winds reached 75mph (120 km/h). The hurricane was traveling north-northeast at 10mph (17 km/h) and was forecast to pass near Matagorda Bay in the upper Texas Gulf Coast later Monday, then move onshore along the south-east Texas coast into Tuesday evening. Continue reading...
< Texas, Extreme weather, US news, Louisiana >
- Business Insider 08:18September 12, 2021Wildlife officials have found more than 100 birds covered in oil after Hurricane Ida caused a spill at a refineryAlligators, river otters, and nutria - large, semiaquatic rodents - have also been found covered in oil, wildlife officials said.
< News, Birds, Oil Spill, Louisiana, Oil Refinery, Hurricane Ida, Wildlife >
- Business Insider 18:12September 8, 2021How a New Orleans bar crawled out of Hurricane Ida with a Bluetooth speaker, a power generator, and $1 beersThe owners of Pepp's Pub estimate they lost $30,000 in Hurricane Ida. They told Insider about the last night before the storm and the bar's reopening.
< Small Business, Hurricane Ida, New Orleans, Small Business, Bar, Bars, Pubs, Louisiana, contributor 2019, Contributor 2021, Business News Contributor, BI-freelancer, Fast Food >
- New York Magazine 19:34September 6, 2021Louisiana Is Still Reeling From Hurricane IdaNew deaths are still being reported and more than 500,000 remain powerless, among other dangerous problems.
< extreme weather, louisiana, hurricane ida, new orleans, natural disasters >
- The Guardian 17:44September 6, 2021Hurricane Ida: nearly 350 reported oil spills investigated in Gulf – Coast GuardStorm wreaked havoc on offshore oil production platforms and onshore oil and gas processing plantsThe US Coast Guard on Monday said it was investigating nearly 350 reports of oil spills in and along the US Gulf Coast in the wake of Hurricane Ida.Hurricane Ida’s 150 mile per hour winds wreaked havoc on offshore oil production platforms and onshore oil and gas processing plants. About 88% of the region’s offshore oil production remains shut and more than 100 platforms unoccupied after the storm made landfall 29 August . Continue reading...
< Oil spills, Hurricanes, Louisiana, US news >
- The Guardian 22:32September 4, 2021Hurricane Ida death toll nears 60 as states begin to comb through debrisTwo more evacuated nursing home residents died in LouisianaNew York: calls for action after 11 die in basement apartmentsThe US death toll from Hurricane Ida rose towards 60 on Saturday, nearly a week after one of the most powerful storms ever to hit the US mainland made landfall in Louisiana. Two more evacuated nursing home residents were confirmed to have died in the southern state. Related: Louisiana Shell refinery left spewing chemicals after Hurricane Ida Continue reading...
< Hurricanes, Louisiana, World news, US news >
- Business Insider 22:31September 3, 2021Photos from the air and space reveal Hurricane Ida's devastation from New Orleans to New JerseyBefore causing deadly flooding in the Northeast, Hurricane Ida left swaths of New Orleans without power and spilled oil in the Gulf.
< Science, News, Hurricane Ida, Satellite, Climate Change, Extreme Weather, Louisiana, New Jersey, New York, Flooding >
- The Guardian 15:21September 3, 2021Biden to visit Louisiana while at least 46 dead after Ida drenches US north-east – livePresident to tour and talk in LaPlace and LafourcheBiden on Ida: ‘yet another reminder that the climate crisis is here’Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email 1.21pm BST Good morning and welcome to another day’s coverage of politics in the US, which means the politics of the Afghanistan withdrawal and the Texas anti-abortion bill and more but also of course means coverage of the ongoing fallout from Hurricane Ida. One of the most powerful storms ever to hit the US hammered New Orleans and left people dead in Louisiana and Mississippi, then drenched the north-east on Wednesday, killing as many as 46 people, predominantly in flash-floods. Reports out of New York, a city of basement apartments which some found impossible to escape, were appalling and moving both.Just check out this chyron -- alongside footage of NYC facing a historic flood pic.twitter.com/knEr09bXPY Related: ‘I feel abandoned’: New Orleanians swelter through days without power Continue reading...
< US politics, Joe Biden, Democrats, Republicans, Louisiana, Hurricanes, US news, World news >
- Business Insider 20:26September 1, 2021Over half of the gas stations in New Orleans and Baton Rouge are out of fuel as the cities remain without power because of Ida, and now a heatwave has arrivedThe heat index was 108 degrees Fahrenheit on Wednesday. The governor said residents who evacuated because of Hurricane Ida shouldn't come back yet.
< News, INSIDER Data, Louisiana, Hurricane Ida, Baton Rouge, New Orleans >
- New York Magazine 16:35September 1, 2021Some Power Restored in New Orleans: UpdatesOutages remain widespread, and Governor John Bel Edwards told those who evacuated not to “come home before.”
< hurricane ida, extreme weather, louisiana, new orleans, gulf coast, liveblog, mississippi >
- Business Insider 13:22September 1, 2021Fuel shortages are sweeping gas stations across Louisiana following Hurricane IdaThe city most-affected in the state is Baton Rouge, where more than half of gas stations are without fuel, according to GasBuddy data.
< Transportation, News, transport, Transportation, Gas stations, Hurricane Ida, Hurricane, gas shortage, Gas, Louisiana >
- The Guardian 21:18August 31, 2021Hurricane Ida leaves trail of destruction as road collapse raises death toll to four10 hurt as vehicles plunge into hole in highwayBiden meets virtually with Louisiana and Mississippi governorsTwo people died and at least 10 were injured when their vehicles plunged into a deep hole where a highway collapsed after Hurricane Ida blew through Mississippi. Torrential rain may have caused the Monday night collapse. Related: ‘Like a monster tried to get in’: New Orleans, scarred by Katrina, surveys Ida’s wreckage Continue reading...
< Hurricanes, Mississippi, Louisiana, US news >
- The Guardian(UK) 08:00August 31, 2021‘Like a monster tried to get in’: New Orleans, scarred by Katrina, surveys Ida’s wreckageResidents grapple with damaged buildings and widespread power outages – but find reasons to be thankfulAs the sun rose over the city of New Orleans, the streets quiet but for the crunch of detritus under foot, residents in the city’s Lower Ninth Ward awoke to assess the damage.This neighbourhood bore some of the worst scars of Hurricane Katrina in 2005, when New Orleans’s levee system failed and submerged the Lower Ninth in a storey of water, sweeping away lives and livelihoods. Continue reading...
< New Orleans, Hurricanes, Louisiana, US news, Natural disasters, Extreme weather >
- Flashbak 20:23August 30, 2021Living the American Dream: Marion Post Wolcott’s Photographs of Working life in the USA 1930s-1940sThe work was year round. Photographing men and women picking cotton, shucking corn, cutting tobacco leaves, citrus fruit packing, coal mining, or hanging around the theatres and halls on Beale Street, from where rock ‘n’ roll would one day come. The photographer was Marion Post Wolcott (1910-1990). She was born in New Jersey, a June … Continue reading "Living the American Dream: Marion Post Wolcott’s Photographs of Working life in the USA 1930s-1940s"
The post Living the American Dream: Marion Post Wolcott’s Photographs of Working life in the USA 1930s-1940s appeared first on Flashbak.
< 1930s, 1940s, Business And Work, photographs, Photojournalism, Travel And Places, Alabama, america, anti-fascist, Appalachia, Austria, Children, cities, coal, Delacroix Island, Farm Security Administration, Florida, Kentucky, Life, Louisiana, Marion Post Wolcott, Maryland, Memphis, Miners, nazis, New York, poverty, street photography, Tennessee, Trude Fleischmann, Vienna, West Virginia >
- The Guardian(UK) 19:42August 30, 2021Hurricane Ida: over a million without power as New Orleans assesses damageCrews using airboats and helicopters conducting search and rescue missions while at least one person killed by a falling treeHurricane Ida – live updatesMore than a million people remained without power in and around New Orleans on Monday as residents and authorities began to assess the damage from Hurricane Ida, a 150mph monster storm that was the most powerful ever to hit Louisiana. Related: New Orleans battered by Hurricane Ida as storm claims first victim in Louisiana Continue reading...
< New Orleans, Hurricanes, Extreme weather, US weather, Louisiana, US news, World news >
- Breitbart News 16:28August 30, 2021Thousands Call Cajun Navy for Rescue from Hurricane Ida FloodsThousands of stranded people called on the Cajun Navy for rescue after Hurricane Ida slowly made its way out of Louisiana and into Mississippi. The Category 4 hurricane dumped an estimated 24 inches of rain in the area.
< Border / Cartel Chronicles, Politics, Cajun Navy, Hurricane Ida, Louisiana Flooding >
- Breitbart News 16:11August 30, 2021Delingpole: Hurricane Ida Was by No Means Louisiana's WorstOver 200 people died in the terrible hurricane that made landfall on the Louisiana coastline. But that was 165 years ago during the Last Island hurricane of 1856. Its modern day successor Hurricane Ida has not proved nearly so deadly despite the MSM's effort to shoehorn it into its 'storms are getting worse and it's all our fault' narrative.
< Environment, Politics, Climate Change, Hurricane Ida, Last Island, Louisiana, Paul Homewood >
- The Guardian 14:17August 30, 2021New Orleans battered by Hurricane Ida as storm claims first victim in LouisianaA million households without power as governor says system of levees overhauled after Hurricane Katrina will face ‘most severe test’Hurricane Ida: latest updatesOne person has died as Hurricane Ida, one of the most powerful storms ever to hit the US, knocked out power to all of New Orleans, reversed the flow of the Mississippi River and blew roofs off buildings across Louisiana. Related: Hurricane Ida live updates: first death in Louisiana as New Orleans loses power Continue reading...
< Hurricanes, Louisiana, New Orleans, US news, Mississippi, US weather, World news >
- Breitbart News 13:43August 30, 2021First Casualty Reported as Ida Leaves Deadly Trail Across LouisianaAt least one person has died as a result of Hurricane Ida as the storm continued to move inland early Monday morning and local authorities requested a Presidential Major Disaster Declaration be made.
< Environment, Politics, Baton Rouge, Hurricane Ida, John Bel Edwards, Louisiana >
- The Guardian 04:30August 30, 2021Hurricane Ida live updates: all power lost in New Orleans as massive storm hits LouisianaHomeland Security says only electricity in city is from generators after Ida made landfall exactly 16 years after the devastating Hurricane KatrinaReport: New Orleans loses power as category 4 storm hits 2.30am BST Metairie is in metropolitan New Orleans:@WGNOtv producers and directors forced to leave control room during our live coverage- the ceiling has peeled away— we are in the Galleria in Metairie 2.29am BST The Guardian’s US southern bureau chief, Oliver Laughland, is reporting from New Orleans whenever communications allow. The city has just issued a flash flood warning until midnight. It is 8.30pm there at time of writing. There are reports that one of the hospitals in a coastal area of Louisiana had lost all power in its Covid intensive care unit and stall are manually ventilating a number patients. We will bring you more details as they confirmed. Continue reading...
< New Orleans, US news, Louisiana, Extreme weather, Hurricanes >
- Breitbart News 00:17August 30, 2021VIDEO: Mississippi Officials Tell Residents to 'Hunker Down' as Hurricane Ida Moves into StateMississippi residents are preparing for Hurricane Ida's arrival which may bring a strong storm surge, heavy rainfall, flooding, and possibly tornadoes, WAPT reported Sunday.
< Environment, Health, Pre-Viral, hurricane, Hurricane Ida, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Orleans >
- Breitbart News 19:37August 29, 2021Flooding Begins as Storm Surge, Outer Bands of Hurricane Ida Move onto Louisiana CoastHurricane Ida is already causing flooding in southern Louisiana as the predicted storm surge and outer rain bands move onshore. The storm is expected to push a tidal surge of up to 16 feet near the mouth of the Mississippi.
< Border / Cartel Chronicles, Hurricane Ida, Louisiana Flooding >
- Business Insider 18:29August 29, 2021Nearly 1 million homes along the Gulf Coast might be damaged or destroyed by Hurricane IdaCoreLogic estimates that the reconstruction cost value of the potentially damaged homes is approximately $220.37 billion.
< News, Real Estate, Hurricane, Hurricane Ida, Storm, Damages, Natural Disaster, Hurricane Katrina, Homes, Louisiana, Gulf Coast, weekend BI US >
- The Guardian 06:52August 29, 2021Hurricane Ida could be among strongest to hit Louisiana since 1850s, governor warnsGridlock as New Orleans residents fled on Saturday nightCategory 4 storm forecast to hit Sunday afternoonAs Hurricane Ida barrelled towards the Louisiana coast, residents braced for a storm of potentially historic proportions due to arrive on the 16th anniversary of Katrina, the brutal hurricane that claimed more than 1,800 lives on America’s Gulf coast.National Weather Service officials announced on Saturday night that Ida continued to strengthen in the Gulf of Mexico and was set to become a category 3 hurricane overnight, before making landfall on Sunday afternoon as a potential category 4 hurricane with sustained winds of 130mph (210 km/h), life-threatening storm surges and heavy rain. Continue reading...
< Louisiana, New Orleans, US news, Hurricanes >
- New York Magazine 02:25August 29, 2021Louisiana Braces for Category 4 Hurricane Ida: UpdatesThe powerful storm is expected to make landfall along the central Louisiana coast as early as Sunday afternoon.
< hurricane ida, extreme weather, louisiana, new orleans, gulf coast, liveblog, mississippi >
- The Guardian 19:01August 28, 2021Hurricane Ida: thousands evacuate from New Orleans as storm bears down• Category 4 storm forecast to make landfall on Sunday• Storm coincides with 16th anniversary of Hurricane KatrinaAs Hurricane Ida bore down on the Louisiana coast, now projected to arrive as a “life-altering” category 4 storm, thousands were evacuating from New Orleans and other communities in Ida’s projected path. Related: Hurricane Ida barrels down on Louisiana amid warnings of ‘life-altering storm’ Continue reading...
< Hurricanes, New Orleans, US news, Louisiana >
- The Guardian 03:08August 28, 2021Hurricane Ida barrels down on Louisiana amid warnings of ‘life-altering storm’Tens of thousands face evacuation orders as state prepares for category 4 stormHurricane Ida rapidly gained strength on Friday evening as communities in southern Louisiana braced for a major category 4 storm with sustained winds of about 140mph and tens of thousands of residents were placed under mandatory evacuation orders.The hurricane is due to make landfall in the US on Sunday, with officials warning of a “life-altering storm”. The cities of New Orleans and Lafayette, as well as the state capital, Baton Rouge, are under threat from Ida, which is forecast to reach the US somewhere between the parishes of Terrebone and St Mary, slightly west of New Orleans. Continue reading...
< US weather, Hurricanes, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, New Orleans, US news, World news, Extreme weather, Natural disasters >
- Business Insider 14:02August 23, 2021A 65-store grocery store chain says it's receiving just 40% of the items it orders from suppliers, and is making its own version of Lunchables because it can't get hold of the real thingRouses Markets can't get enough Lunchables - Kraft Heinz's cracker, cheese, and meat snack - so it's created its own version, its CEO told the WSJ.
< Retail, Economy, News, News, labor shortage, Supply Shortage, Shipping, suppliers, Supermarkets, Grocery Stores, Stockpiling, Louisiana, COVID-19, Pandemic, Mississippi, Alabama >
- Business Insider 17:32August 22, 2021Louisiana attorney general gave parents sample letters to help their children skirt mask-wearing guidance in schools"I have philosophical objections that make it impossible for my child to comply with your COVID-19 policies related to vaccines and mask wearing," one letter says.
< Politics, News, Science, Health, Louisiana, Jeff Landry, masks, coronavirus, COVID-19, weekend BI US >
- Business Insider 18:44August 20, 20215 southern states have seen vaccine uptake more than triple in the past month. It's not just the Delta variant that's making people clamor for first shots.Insider spoke to experts in the Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Oklahoma, where vaccine rates have been going up.
< Science, News UK, coronavirus, coronavirus vaccine, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Oklahoma, delta variant >
- Business Insider 01:33August 18, 2021Louisiana is approaching a 'major failure' of its healthcare system as hospitals get dangerously close to capacityOnce hospitals reach capacity, doctors will have to decide who gets treatment and who to turn away - in some cases determining who lives and who dies.
< Science, News, coronavirus, covid-19 cases, hospitalizations, Death, hospital capacity, Louisiana, Vaccines >
- Business Insider 17:19August 11, 2021A New Orleans children's hospital doctor says reopening schools without masks is a 'formula for disaster' as COVID-19 rages in LouisianaThe Children's Hospital New Orleans' physician-in-chief warned against opening schools with unvaccinated kids and no mask rules.
< News, Speed desk, Breaking, Louisiana, Children, coronavirus, COVID-19, COVID-19 vaccine, mask mandates >
- Business Insider 17:05August 11, 2021This map shows the risk COVID poses to every single US state. Its data explains why it's 'severe' in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Florida.The risk calculations are based on the number of new cases, infection rate, data quality, ICU capacity, vaccination status and socio-economic factors.
< Healthcare, Health, coronavirus, map, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Florida >
- Business Insider 16:51August 10, 2021Louisiana's coastline is rapidly deteriorating. A nonprofit is teaming up with restaurants to rebuild it using recycled oyster shells.The Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana uses oyster shells from New Orleans restaurants to create reefs that protect wetlands from erosion.
< Sustainability, Nordic, BI-freelancer, Sustainability, Oysters, New Orleans, Louisiana, Recycling, Erosion, coastline, contributor 2019, Lauryn Haas, Edit Series, Partners for a Sustainable Future, basf-plastics >
- Business Insider 17:50August 7, 2021Delta variant hits hard in the five worst states for vaccination rates: It's spreading 'like a tsunami,' one health official saysIn descending order, the five states with the lowest vaccination rates are Alabama, Louisiana, Wyoming, Idaho, and Mississippi.
< Science, News, Health, delta variant, coronavirus, COVID-19, Mississippi, Alabama, Wyoming, Idaho, Louisiana, weekend BI US >
- Business Insider 15:50August 5, 2021People in Louisiana - one of the least vaccinated states in the US - are suddenly clamoring for shots as the Delta variant rages thereDemand for the coronavirus vaccine nearly quadrupled in Louisiana over the last few weeks, The New York Times reported.
< News, Science, News UK, Louisiana, coronavirus, delta variant, Speed desk >
- Business Insider 18:38August 4, 2021A Louisiana congresswoman whose husband died of COVID-19 is urging people to get vaccinatedRep. Julia Letlow told "CBS This Morning" that she "would have given anything" to have had a vaccine available before her husband died last year.
< Politics, Science, News, Speed desk, Louisiana, COVID-19, coronavirus, Death, luke letlow, julia letlow >
- Business Insider 23:00August 2, 2021Louisiana has a higher rate of COVID-19 infections than any country in the worldFlorida and Arkansas also rank in the top 5 highest infection rates of any country or territory in the world as the Delta variant spreads in the US.
< Science, coronavirus, Delta, Louisiana, Florida, Arkansas >
- Business Insider 22:59August 2, 2021Louisiana governor reissues statewide mask mandate as state leads the country in new COVID-19 casesLouisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards reinstated the statewide indoor mask mandate for all people over the age of 5 as COVID-19 cases surge there.
< Healthcare, Politics, News, Speed desk, Breaking, Louisiana, mask mandate, coronavirus pandemic, COVID-19 >
- Business Insider 17:02July 28, 2021Louisiana doctor says 'exponential' surge in COVID-19 hospitalizations 'isn't a controllable thing at this point'Infectious disease specialist Dr. Catherine O'Neal told CNN it feels like Louisiana is headed toward becoming like New York City was as an early epicenter of the COVID-19 pandemic.
< News, Speed desk, Breaking, coronavirus, COVID-19, Vaccine, Louisiana, Hospitals >
- Business Insider 16:23July 27, 2021A woman held a vaccine clinic at her son's memorial. He died with COVID-19 after refusing to get the shot.Bereaved Lousiana mother Betty Antoine offered vaccines to people at her son's memorial service, after he died having refused the COVID-19 shot.
< Science, News UK, Louisiana, coronavirus, vaccine hesitancy, COVID-19 vaccine >
- Business Insider 19:21July 25, 2021Alabama doctor describes how sick COVID patients 'beg' for the vaccine but she can only hold their hand and tell them it is too lateDoctors are now being trolled online after sharing stories of unvaccinated people dying from COVID-19.
< Science, COVID, Vaccine, Alabama, Louisiana, UK Weekend, UK News >
- Breitbart News 00:48July 24, 2021Report: 'Mostly' Single Male Border Crossers Bussed to Louisiana CitiesA group of "mostly" single male border crossers, along with some single women, were bussed into four Louisiana cities after being released by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), local media reports.
< Immigration, Politics, border crossers, catch and release, coronavirus, Louisiana, mass immigration, Southern Border, U.S.-Mexico border >
- Business Insider 23:23July 23, 2021Vaccine regret went mainstream this week. Fear of getting sick could finally be encouraging some Americans to get their shots.Daily vaccination rates are increasing in states with recent COVID-19 surges like Arkansas and Louisiana.
< Science, News, coronavirus, covid-19 cases, hospitalizations, Deaths, Arkansas, Louisiana, united states, vaccine hesitancy, regrets >
- Business Insider 19:04July 22, 2021A man hospitalized with COVID-19 told CBS he'd still rather be sick than get a shot - and it shows how hard it'll be to convince everyone to get vaccinated"Am I going to get a vaccine? No," Louisiana business owner Scott Roe told CBS News from his hospital bed.
< Healthcare, News, Science, Speed desk, coronaivrus, COVID, Vaccine, Louisiana, Hospitals, COVID-19 >
- New York Magazine 21:25July 12, 2021Louisiana Political Legend Edwin Edwards, RIPThe former four-term governor, federal inmate, and abiding political legend checked out 30 years after saving Louisiana from David Duke.
< politics, rip, edwin edwards, louisiana, jon bel edwards, buddy roemer, david duke, 1991 louisiana governor's race, 1987 louisiana governor's race, 1974 louisiana constitution, jungle primary, corruption, obits >
- Breitbart News 05:43June 29, 2021Lawsuit: Silicon Valley Billionaire Recruited Election Officials to Accept Grants from ZuckerbergA lawsuit filed by LA Attorney General Jeff Landry alleged that billionaire Pierre Omidyar attempted to recruit local election officials to apply for grants from the Mark Zuckerberg-funded Center for Technology and Civic Life (CTCL).
< 2020 Election, Politics, Center for Technology and Civic Life (CTCL), Ebay, Louisiana, Mark Zuckerberg, Pierre Omidyar, Silicon Valley >
- Business Insider 17:57June 24, 202125 GOP-led states and one Democratic state are cutting $300 weekly federal unemployment benefits. Here are the 26 states making the cut this summer.More and more Republican-governed states are ending Biden-stimulus jobless aid months before they legally expire in September. Many run out in June.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Republicans, Democrats, enhanced unemployment insurance, Unemployment benefits, Biden stimulus, Joe Biden, Economy, Jobs, Back to work bonus, Hiring bonus, Employment, Tennessee, Montana, South Carolina, Mississippi, Arkansas, Alabama, Missouri, Doug Burgum, Asa Hutchinson, Henry McMaster, Tate Reeves, Mike Parson, Greg Gianforte, Kim Reynolds, kay ivey, Idaho, Wyoming, Spencer Cox, Utah, South Dakota, Kristi Noem, brian kemp, Georgia, Ohio, Arizona, Doug Ducey, Mike DeWine, New Hampshire, Chris Sununu, West Virginia, Jim Justice, Alaska, Mike Dunleavy, Greg Abbott, Texas, Kevin Stitt, Oklahoma, Indiana, eric holcomb, Ron DeSantis, Florida, Pete Ricketts, Nebraska, Louisiana, John Bel Edwards >
- Business Insider 00:04June 23, 2021Louisiana governor vetoes anti-trans athlete bill: 'Discrimination is not a Louisiana value'Louisiana Gov. John Edwards vetoed legislation Tuesday that would have barred transgender youth from participating in girls' or women's school sports.
< Politics, News, Speed desk, Breaking, Louisiana, John Bel Edwards, Transgender >