- The Guardian 23:21August 27, 2021Ronaldo returns to Manchester United: how the deal was doneThe Portuguese wanted a new challenge and Manchester City’s reluctance to pay Juventus a fee let in his former clubIt was on Thursday afternoon that Jorge Mendes decided to call Manchester United to see if they may be interested in the offer of a lifetime. After three days of negotiations between the Portuguese super agent and officials from Manchester City and Juventus as he scrambled to find a new home for his most famous client before next week’s transfer deadline, Cristiano Ronaldo’s future was finally settled in a matter of hours. Related: ‘Welcome back’: Manchester United agree €20m deal for Cristiano Ronaldo Continue reading...
< Cristiano Ronaldo, Manchester United, Manchester City, Juventus, Real Madrid, Football, Sport >
- New York Times 22:06May 5, 2021She Kept Madrid Open in the Pandemic. Voters Rewarded Her.Isabel Díaz Ayuso, a conservative politician dubbed a “Trumpista” by her opponents, won the Madrid regional election by a landslide after she refused to shut down the capital’s bars and shops.
< Ayuso, Isabel Diaz, Madrid (Spain), Elections, Popular Party (Spain), Vox (Spanish Political Party), Sanchez Perez-Castejon, Pedro (1972- ), Politics and Government, Spain, Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), Quarantines, Content Type: Personal Profile >
- The Guardian(UK) 18:45April 24, 2021Pérez says Super League clubs ‘cannot leave’ as Manchester United fans protestReal Madrid president: ‘this project will move forward’United fans’ ‘Glazer Out’ banners demand owners quitThe Real Madrid president, Florentino Pérez, said the 12 clubs announced last week as founders of the European Super League cannot abandon it due to binding contracts, and promised the project would return soon. Related: English fans’ ESL mobilisation in contrast to resignation in Europe | Ed Aarons Continue reading...
< European Super League, Sport, Football, Football politics, Real Madrid, Manchester United >
- New York Times 18:03April 22, 2021How Europe's Soccer Super League Fell ApartFrantic phone calls, secret meetings and high-stakes threats: The inside story of how a billion-dollar European soccer superleague was born, and then collapsed, in less than a week.
< Soccer, European Super League (Soccer), UEFA Champions League (Soccer), Real Madrid (Soccer Team), Manchester United (Soccer Team), Liverpool (Soccer Team), Agnelli, Andrea, Ceferin, Aleksander, Perez, Florentino >
- Business Insider 00:02April 21, 2021JPMorgan gets backlash from soccer fans after backing the much maligned European Super LeagueJPMorgan became a trending topic on Twitter as soccer fans criticized the company's $4 billion investment in the European Super League.
< Finance, Sports, News, Real Madrid, Soccer, Football, Chelsea, Manchester United, JP Morgan, Twitter, Boycott, Amazon >
- The Guardian 18:20March 7, 2021Atlético Madrid v Real Madrid: La Liga – live!Minute-by-minute report of the Madrid derbyJonathan Wilson: Messi and Ronaldo are weighing their clubs downSid Lowe: Trippier returns with everything riding on the derbyEmail firstname.lastname@example.org with any thoughts 3.20pm GMT 3 min It’s been a good start for Atletico. Suarez is fouled 30 yards from goal by Casemiro, just to the right of centre. 3.19pm GMT 2 min After nice play from Correa and then Llorente, Koke’s snapshot from 20 yards is blocked. Continue reading...
< La Liga, European club football, Atlético Madrid, Real Madrid, Football, Sport >
- Business Insider 13:00February 27, 2021Rising remote work is upping job inequality in European capitals and 'scarring' some sectors, says OECD reportA report by the OECD and Indeed showed that remote jobs are making up a larger percentage of the job market, although certain sectors are "scarred."
< Careers, International, BI General Contributors, BI International, Business Insider España, Jeevan Ravindran, Labor, Inequality, Economic inequality, Service Industry, Hospitality, hospitality workers, Tech, Remote Work, Remote Workers, London, Madrid, Paris, Berlin, Job Market, Remote Jobs, UK Weekend, Weekend BI UK >
- New York Times 09:57February 18, 2021Pablo Hasél Protests: Clashes in Madrid and BarcelonaPablo Hasél had been sentenced to prison after voicing support for insurgents and insulting an ex-king, but barricaded himself in a university. His arrest led to protests in multiple cities.
< Spain, Demonstrations, Protests and Riots, Rap and Hip-Hop, Freedom of Speech and Expression, Pablo Hasel, Catalonia (Spain), Barcelona (Spain), Madrid (Spain) >