- Business Insider 19:44May 14, 2021Mark Zuckerberg turns 37 on Friday. Here's a look into the life, career, and controversies surrounding the billionaire Facebook CEO.Through success and controversy, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has been regarded as one of the most brilliant minds of his generation.
< Tech Insider, Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook, Priscilla Chan, Features, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, The Social Network, Harvard University, Billionaires, Tech, Tech CEOs, Business Visual Features >
- Business Insider 23:04May 12, 2021From a yacht so big it has its own support boat to floating helipads and basketball courts, here are the luxury boats owned by some of the wealthiest people in techMovie theaters, tanning beds, and a gym-turned-nightclub are a few of the amenities on the super yachts owned by billionaires in tech.
< Tech Insider, Careers, Strategy, Life, Entertainment, News, Features, Yachts, Luxury, Billionaires, BITranspo, Larry Ellison, Sergey Brin, Carl Icahn, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, Mark Cuban, Larry Page, BI Graphics, Laurene Powell-Jobs, Barry Diller, Diane Von Furstenberg, Toys >
- Breitbart News 20:03May 11, 202144 Attorneys General Urge Mark Zuckerberg Not to Release Instagram for Kids44 state attorneys general are urging Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg not to follow through with his company's plan to develop a version of Instagram aimed at children under the age of 13. In a letter sent to Zuckerberg, the attorneys general note: "Further, Facebook has historically failed to protect the welfare of children on its platforms."
< Education, Politics, Tech, Attorneys General, Facebook, Instagram, Mark Zuckerberg, Masters of the Universe >
- Breitbart News 19:44May 11, 2021Exclusive — Lila Rose: Big Tech Is 'Colluding with the Abortion Industry to Shut Down Pro-Life Voices'Big Tech coordinates with the abortion industry to censor "pro-life voices," Lila Rose, president of Live Action, said on Sunday.
< Health, Podcast, Radio, Abortion, anti-abortion, Biden Administration, Big Tech, Censorship, Center for Medical Progress, David Daleiden, Facebook, Internet Censorship, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Lila Rose, Live Action, Mark Zuckerberg, Masters of the Universe, Online Censorship, Planned Parenthood, pro-life, Pro-Life Movement, Sheryl Sandberg, social media censorship, Tech Censorship, Xavier Becerra >
- Guardian 19:40May 11, 2021Instagram for kids – the social media site no one asked forFacebook has been busy developing a child-friendly social media platform. But why are US lawmakers so unhappy?Name: Instagram for kids.Age: That is very much the question. How old are you? Old enough to be reading this pass notes, I hope. Continue reading...
< Instagram, Parents and parenting, Family, Mark Zuckerberg, Social media, Facebook >
- Business Insider 13:05May 11, 2021Mark Zuckerberg named his goat 'Bitcoin' - and fans of the cryptocurrency are taking it as an endorsementAfter the Facebook boss posted a picture of his goats 'Bitcoin' and 'Max', crypto fans started hatching theories about what it might mean.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook, crypto, cryptocurrency, diem, libra, Bitcoin, Stablecoins, Cryptocurrencies >
- Breitbart News 13:00May 10, 2021Amnesty Axis: George W. Bush Touts Cheap Migrant Labor with Zuckerberg GroupAmericans' immigration laws can be changed in "bite-sized pieces" to let employers hire foreign workers instead of Americans, former President George W. Bush told an advocacy group backed by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg.
< Economy, Immigration, Politics, Amnesty, asylum, George W. Bush, Mark Zuckerberg, visa workers >
- Breitbart News 22:14May 8, 2021Rubio: China Has 'Deputized' American Businesses to Push for China-Friendly Policies, Apple's Cook Can't Speak Freely about ChinaOn Friday’s “Hugh Hewitt Show,” Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) said China has “deputized” major U.S. companies to push for policies that help China and stated that he doesn’t think Apple CEO Tim Cook can freely say what he thinks about
< Asia, Clips, Politics, China, Marco Rubio, Mark Zuckerberg, Tim Cook >
- Business Insider 17:16May 6, 2021Facebook is reportedly paying its Oversight Board 6-figure salaries only for it to tell the company to solve its own problemsThe Oversight Board recently criticized Facebook for skirting responsibility in banning former President Donald Trump.
< Tech Insider, News, Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Oversight Board >
- Breitbart News 11:54May 6, 2021Billionaire Mark Zuckerberg Funds Groups Staging Amnesty MarchesMark Zuckerberg has funded many of the pro-migration groups now staging street marches for amnesties that would redirect more wealth and power to billionaires.
< Immigration, Politics, Tech, Amnesty, DACA, Dark Money, FWD.us, H-1B, Mark Zuckerberg, Priscilla Chan, visa worker >
- Breitbart News 16:38May 5, 2021Facebook 'Supreme Court' Upholds the Blacklisting of Donald TrumpFacebook's "Supreme Court" has upheld Mark Zuckerberg's blacklisting of former President Donald Trump's accounts temporarily, giving Facebook another six months to announce whether it will be lifting the suspension or deleting Trump's pages.
< Economy, Politics, Tech, Censorship, Donald Trump, Facebook, Facebook Supreme Court, Free Speech Online, Mark Zuckerberg, Masters of the Universe >
- Breitbart News 01:20May 4, 2021Biden Bends to Pressure, Increases Refugee Inflow in 2021Progressive pro-migration groups have pushed President Joe Biden to announce that he wants to dramatically raise the inflow of refugees up to 62,500 by October 1.
< Economy, Immigration, Politics, Chain Migration, FWD.us, Joe Biden, Mark Zuckerberg, Refugee, VOLAGs >
- Business Insider 20:37May 3, 2021Facebook's Oversight Board will announce its decision on the future of Donald Trump's banned account on WednesdayFacebook suspended Donald Trump's account after the Capitol Siege. Five months later, the Oversight Board will decide whether Trump can return.
< Tech Insider, Politics, News, Elections, Facebook, Donald Trump, Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook Oversight Board >
- Business Insider 18:31May 3, 2021Mark Zuckerberg bought more land in Hawaii for $53 million, adding to his massive and controversial real estate portfolio on the island of KauaiZuckerberg and Chan have been residents of Kauai since 2014, when they purchased a 750-acre compound on the North Shore.
< Tech Insider, Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook, Hawaii, kauai, Priscilla Chan, Real Estate >
- Breitbart News 18:12May 3, 2021Facebook 'Supreme Court' Will Announce Decision on Trump Blacklisting WednesdayThe Facebook "Supreme Court" will announce its final decision on former President Trump's Facebook account on Wednesday morning, according to a recent announcement.
< Economy, Politics, Tech, Censorship, Donald Trump, Facebook, Facebook Supreme Court, Free Speech Online, Instagram, Mark Zuckerberg, Masters of the Universe, Twitter, YouTube >
- Business Insider 12:15April 29, 2021Mark Zuckerberg says he smeared himself in sunscreen as a disguise to avoid paparazzi. He failed, and the photo went viral.Mark Zuckerberg said on an Instagram Live chat he slathered tons of sunscreen on his face while surfing to fool photographers. It "backfired."
< Tech Insider, Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Sunscreen, Tech Insider, Tech, Social Media, Instagram, Adam Mosseri, Viral photo, Hawaii >
- Breitbart News 23:32April 28, 2021Before Biden Speech, Amnesty Groups Promise $50 Million CampaignLeft-wing amnesty groups are promising to spend $50 million to push an amnesty through the Senate by a 60-vote majority or a 51-vote reconciliation maneuver, according to the Associated Press.
< Economy, Immigration, Politics, Amnesty, FWD.us, George W. Bush, Koch network, Mark Zuckerberg, Migrants, migration, UAC, UACs >
- Guardian 08:00April 28, 2021‘They’re playing chicken:’ inside Mark Zuckerberg and Tim Cook’s feudTensions between Facebook and Apple have been growing, but is it just an attempt to get ahead of US antitrust regulators?A longstanding feud between Mark Zuckerberg and Tim Cook could come to a head this week, as a highly-anticipated Apple operating system update will for the first time allow users to opt out of cross-platform tracking.Tensions between Facebook and Apple have been growing for some time, but the new operating system threatens to kneecap Facebook’s business model, and has turned up the heat, said Ari Lightman, a professor of digital media and marketing at Carnegie Mellon University’s Heinz College. Continue reading...
< Mark Zuckerberg, Tim Cook, Facebook, Apple, Technology, US news >
- Business Insider 23:37April 27, 2021Apple finally rolled out the privacy feature Facebook has been protesting for months. It's the latest skirmish in an ongoing rivalry between Mark Zuckerberg and Tim Cook.Tim Cook and Mark Zuckerberg have been feuding since at least 2014, trading barbs over each other's products and business models.
< Tech Insider, Features, Apple, Tim Cook, Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, App Store, Cambridge Analytica, Tech CEOs, Business Visual Features >
- Business Insider 19:42April 26, 2021Tim Cook reportedly told Mark Zuckerberg that Facebook should delete all data it collected after the Cambridge Analytica scandal, and he was 'stunned' by the suggestionAt the annual Sun Valley billionaire retreat, the Apple CEO reportedly took aim at Facebook's business model following the Cambridge Analytica scandal.
< Tech Insider, Apple, iPhone, iOS, Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Mark Zuckerberg, Tim Cook, Privacy, Social Media, Data >
- Business Insider 12:50April 24, 2021Facebook failed to prevent far-right groups from planning the US Capitol siege, according to an internal reportThe report said Facebook found it hard to know whether each post or group was a coordinated effort to delegitimize the election or free expression.
< Tech Insider, Weekend BI UK, Facebook, Tech, Tech Insider, Social Media, Mark Zuckerberg, US Capitol, US Capitol Building, Riots >
- Business Insider 17:09April 22, 2021Mark Zuckerberg has cashed in more than $1 billion in Facebook stock so far this year - roughly double his sales for all of 2020Mark Zuckerberg has sold over $1 billion of Facebook this year amid a 12% jump in share price. The Facebook CEO is worth $113 billion.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook, insider sales, Insider selling, Facebook stock, facebook stock price, FB, FB stock, FB stock price >
- Business Insider 14:18April 21, 2021From Mark Zuckerberg to Roz Brewer, here's how corporate America responded to Derek Chauvin's guilty verdictMany business leaders said Chauvin's guilty verdict was "just the beginning" of the fight against institutional racism.
< Strategy, Mark Zuckerberg, derek chauvin, George Floyd, blm, Black Lives Matter, Tim Cook, Brad Smith, Jeff Bezos, Mary Barra, roz brewer >
- Breitbart News 18:13April 20, 2021Facebook Preparing to Censor Posts Ahead of Chauvin Trial VerdictFacebook is reportedly planning to censor posts that may contain misinformation or "hate speech" related to the trial of Derek Chauvin as a verdict is expected in the near future. Facebook claims: "We want to strike the right balance between allowing people to speak about the trial and what the verdict means, while still doing our part to protect everyone’s safety.”
< Law and Order, Politics, Tech, Censorship, Derek Chauvin, Facebook, Free Speech Online, George Floyd, Mark Zuckerberg, Masters of the Universe >
- Business Insider 23:37April 19, 2021Facebook capitalizes on social audio craze with voice recordings, podcast listening, and Clubhouse-like roomsThe Facebook CEO made the audio-related product announcements via an audio-only discussion on Discord with journalist Casey Newton.
< Tech Insider, News, Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Audio Apps >
- Business Insider 22:41April 19, 2021Mark Zuckerberg's net worth has grown over $40 billion in the last year alone. Here's how the 36-year-old Facebook CEO makes and spends his $114 billion fortune.Only a handful of billionaires, including Amazon's Jeff Bezos and Tesla's Elon Musk, have fortunes worth over $100 billion.
< Life, Careers, Tech Insider, Features, Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Net Worth, Priscilla Chan, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Richest People On Earth, Arts & Culture, Visual Slideshow >
- Business Insider 13:20April 19, 2021Facebook joins Twitter and Microsoft in saying its staff can work from home after the pandemicBrynn Harrington, VP of Facebook's HR team, said some staff had been "really thriving" at home and could apply for permanent remote working.
< Tech Insider, Tech Insider, Facebook, Social Media, Tech, work from home, WFH, Pandemic, Tech industry, Facebook At Work, Mark Zuckerberg >
- Breitbart News 22:30April 16, 2021Facebook Censors New York Post Over Article Exposing BLM Co-FounderThe New York Post has been censored by Facebook (again) after publishing a story about Patrice Khan-Cullors, co-founder of the Black Lives Matter organization, and her spree of mansion-buying across the country.
< Politics, Social Justice, Tech, Black Lives Matter, BLM, Censorship, Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Masters of the Universe >
- Business Insider 19:37April 16, 2021Mark Zuckerberg is being pressured to abandon plans for an Instagram for children. Advocacy groups worry about endless scrolling and body-image shaming.Children under 13 would be subject to serious risks on the planned platform, advocacy groups said in a letter to the Facebook CEO.
< Tech Insider, News, Facebook, Instagram, Mark Zuckerberg, Social Media >
- Breitbart News 17:28April 12, 2021Report: Facebook Has Ignored 'Politically Manipulative Behavior' by Third-World Dictators and PoliticiansThe Guardian alleges in a recent report that Facebook has continued to allow world leaders and politicians to use its platform to lie to the public and harass political opponents, especially in third-world countries, despite being alerted to evidence of the situation.
< Economy, Latin America, Tech, Afghanistan, Facebook, Iraq, Mark Zuckerberg, Masters of the Universe, Mexico, misinformation >
- Business Insider 17:25April 12, 2021Facebook's top execs took home hefty bonuses in the second half of 2020, partially as a reward for the company's 'election integrity efforts'Two Facebook executives collectively got just shy of $1 million in bonuses in the second half of 2020, according to a new SEC filing.
< Tech Insider, Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook, Sheryl Sandberg, Compensation, Executive compensation, Bonus, Bonuses, SEC, filing >
- Business Insider 15:43April 12, 2021Facebook spent $23 million on Mark Zuckerberg's security last year. That's $3 million more than in 2019, partly thanks to increased security risks during the election.Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg earned a $1 salary in 2020 and wasn't part of an executive bonus program, but spending on his security rose.
< Tech Insider, Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook, Tech Insider, Spending, Tech, Technology, Facebook App, Social Media, Security >
- Breitbart News 02:12April 11, 2021AZ Gov. Ducey Signs Bill into Law that Prohibits Private Funding of Election AdministrationArizona Gov. Doug Ducey signed a bill into law on Friday that prohibits the private funding of election administration in the state.
< Politics, Arizona, Center for Technology and Civic Life (CTCL), election integrity, Gov. Doug Ducey, Mark Zuckerberg >
- Business Insider 16:44April 10, 2021A Muslim advocacy group just sued Facebook for failing to remove hate-speech, and it's the latest example of the tech's patchwork polices that fail to crack down on IslamophobiaMuslim Advocates said it presented Facebook in 2017 with a list of 26 groups that spread anti-Muslim hate, yet 19 of them are still active.
< Tech Insider, Facebook, Islamophobia, Mark Zuckerberg, Diversity, Hate Speech, analysis >
- Business Insider 18:09April 9, 2021Facebook will convert part of its headquarters into a vaccination site for underserved communitiesFacebook's headquarters in Menlo Park, California, is being temporarily converted into a COVID vaccination site, COO Sheryl Sandberg said on Friday.
< Tech Insider, Healthcare, Facebook, Pandemic, Vaccine, COVID, coronavirus, COVID-19, Sheryl Sandberg, Mark Zuckerberg, Vaccinations, California >
- Business Insider 01:08April 9, 2021Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp appear to be experiencing issues as thousands report outagesReports on Downdetector skyrocketed just after 5 p.m. for the popular social media sites with no word on when they'll be back.
< Tech Insider, News, Tech, Tech Insider, Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Social Media, Downdetector, Apps, Apps and Platforms, Instagram >
- Business Insider 21:03April 8, 2021Facebook was running ads with voter fraud conspiracies as recently as this weekA Facebook ad featuring voter fraud conspiracies from the conservative super PAC Restoration Action was running until Insider contacted Facebook.
< Tech Insider, Politics, Advertising, Elections, Facebook, Advertising, Ads, Voting, President Trump, Donald Trump, Mark Zuckerberg, Politics, political advertising, Political ads >
- New York Magazine 19:01April 6, 2021Why Facebook Is the Most Vulnerable of the Tech GiantsIt’s sitting pretty right now but faces structural problems its rivals don’t.
< pivot, kara swisher, scott galloway, facebook, mark zuckerberg >
- Business Insider 18:09April 6, 2021Facebook, Google, and other tech giants donated tens of thousands of dollars to a Republican group that's pushing voter suppression lawsAfter pledging to halt all political contributions in early 2021, Facebook donated $50,000 to a Republican group that supports voter suppression laws.
< Tech Insider, Politics, Facebook, Republican National Committee, RNC, Google, Mark Zuckerberg, Elections >
- Business Insider 18:44April 5, 2021Mark Zuckerberg and Tim Cook have feuded for years over user privacy and antitrust concerns. Here's where their rivalry began and everything that's happened since.Tim Cook and Mark Zuckerberg have been feuding since at least 2014, trading barbs over each other's products and business models.
< Tech Insider, Features, Apple, Tim Cook, Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, App Store, Cambridge Analytica, Tech CEOs >
- Business Insider 18:15April 5, 2021Tim Cook says Facebook's objections to letting people pick whether or not to be tracked are 'flimsy arguments'Apple CEO Tim Cook told The New York Times that he believes society is embroiled in a privacy crisis.
< Tech Insider, Apple, Facebook, Tim Cook, Mark Zuckerberg, App Store, Advertising, Privacy >
- Business Insider 14:12April 4, 2021Mark Zuckerberg's phone number appeared among the leaked data of Facebook users, according to a researcherFacebook said the data in question was found and fixed in 2019. However, the posting of the content on a forum could make it widely available, as Insider previously reported.
< Tech Insider, Weekend BI UK, Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Tech, Big Tech, Data >
- Breitbart News 23:06April 3, 2021Virgil: The Great Reset Continues -- Facebook’s New Imperial Order Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook have been fashioning themselves into some sort of world state. But empires can rise as well as fall, and they can also be regulated.
< Media, Tech, Facebook, Great Reset, Mark Zuckerberg >
- Breitbart News 22:43April 3, 2021Report: Facebook Workers Are Concerned About Running Chinese Propaganda AdsFacebook staffers are reportedly expressing their concerns on internal message boards over Chinese government ads on the social media platform, which promote a message that China's Muslim minorities in the nation's Xinjiang region are happy and thriving.
< Asia, Economy, Tech, China, Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Masters of the Universe, Uyghurs, Xinjiang >
- Breitbart News 01:35April 2, 2021Report: Zuckerberg-Funded CTCL Spent $36 Million in Urban Counties of Texas in 2020 ElectionThe Public Interest Legal Foundation (PILF) released a report Tuesday documenting the $36 million spent in 14 urban counties of Texas in the 2020 election by the Mark Zuckerberg-funded Center for Technology and Civic Life (CTCL).
< 2020 Election, Politics, Center for Technology and Civic Life (CTCL), election integrity, Mark Zuckerberg, Texas >
- Business Insider 18:23March 31, 2021Facebook is making a major change that makes it easier for you to escape the algorithm-based News FeedFacebook will allow users to make major changes to how its News Feed works in an upcoming update, the social media giant announced on Wednesday.
< Tech Insider, News, Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Nick Clegg, News Feed, Facebook News Feed >
- Business Insider 22:05March 29, 2021Facebook will soar 31% on strong ad trends and e-commerce growth, Deutsche Bank saysDeutsche Bank analyst Lloyd Walmsley and his team reiterated their buy rating and increased their price target for Facebook to $385 per share Sunday.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook stock, facebook stock price, FB, FB stock, FB stock price, Deutche Bank >
- Business Insider 16:30March 29, 2021The UK Competition Authority accused Facebook of monopolizing the global supply of GIFs on purchasing GiphyThe UK's Competition and Markets Authority has highlighted "competition concerns" after Facebook's multi-million dollar purchase of Giphy in May 2020.
< Tech Insider, Tech Contributors, International, International Contributors, Nordic, BI General Contributors, BI International, Business Insider España, Jeevan Ravindran, Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Data, Antitrust, antitrust lawsuit, Antitrust Investigation, Competition and Markets Authority (CMA), Competition and Markets Authority, Competition Laws, Giphy, GIFs, Tenor, Google, Monopoly >
- Business Insider 15:51March 27, 2021Back to the '90s with Microsoft and IntelIn this week's edition of the Insider Tech newsletter, we look at new developments at Microsoft and Intel.
< Tech Insider, Enterprise, Media, Newsletter, Microsoft, Satya Nadella, Intel, Pat Gelsinger, WeWork, Mark Zuckerberg >
- Business Insider 01:42March 26, 2021Mark Zuckerberg claimed the reason Facebook keeps showing up in Capitol riot lawsuits is because it's really helpful to policeDuring a congressional hearing on social-media misinformation, Zuckerberg said Facebook didn't play a significant role in helping rioters organize.
< Tech Insider, Politics, Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook, Congress, Congressional hearings, Big Tech, Misinformation, capitol riots >