- Business Insider 19:43May 18, 2022Teen who tracks Elon Musk's jet says he's discovered Mark Zuckerberg's new aircraftMeta began chartering a new jet in March, about a month after Jack Sweeney started tracking Mark Zuckerberg's travel.
< Tech Insider, Transportation, News, Mark Zuckerberg, Elon Musk, Facebook, Meta, Private Jet, Jack Sweeney >
- Business Insider 13:08May 13, 2022Mark Zuckerberg posted a video showing off Meta's upcoming VR headset Cambria — but pixelated out the headsetMark Zuckerberg released a demo of mixed-reality display in the high-end "Project Cambria" headset, and played with a little cartoon monster.
< Tech Insider, News, Mark Zuckerberg, Meta, VR, Headset, Cambria, Metaverse >
- Business Insider 13:44May 12, 2022Meta is cutting spending in its hardware division and can no longer afford some projects, a report saysMeta exec Andrew Bosworth told staff at AR/VR division Reality Labs that it wouldn't be able to afford some projects any more.
< Tech Insider, News, Meta, Reality Labs, AR, VR, Metaverse, Mark Zuckerberg, Andrew Bosworth >
- Business Insider 21:19May 9, 2022Instagram is adding NFT support 'for creators and people' as the once-hot market appears to be on a declineInstagram is getting NFT support starting this week, Adam Mosseri, head of the social-media site, announced Monday morning.
< Tech Insider, Instagram, NFT, NFTs, Web3, Adam Mosseri, Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook, Meta, Creators >
- Business Insider 12:47May 6, 2022Facebook took down Australian government pages to gain leverage as its parliament was considering harsh new tech laws, whistleblowers sayFacebook removed pages belonging to hospitals, emergency services, and more, the WSJ said. Facebook said it was a mistake.
< Tech Insider, Politics, News UK, Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook, Meta, Australia >
- Snopes 23:43May 2, 2022Is Facebook a CIA Surveillance Program?According to Google Trends, after a video was posted to TikTok, some users were searching for answers about Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, and the CIA.
< CIA, Facebook, Foursquare, Mark Zuckerberg, The Onion, Twitter >
- Business Insider 15:41April 30, 2022Facebook whistleblower is optimistic about Elon Musk's Twitter takeover and says Musk can take feedback better than Mark Zuckerberg"I think there's a huge opportunity here for Elon to really demonstrate that there's another way forward," Frances Haugen told Fox Business News.
< Tech Insider, News, Elon Musk, Twitter, Facebook, Meta, Frances Haugen, Mark Zuckerberg >
- Business Insider 10:45April 30, 2022Mark Zuckerberg's advice for college kids is to surround yourself with people you would want to work for. This simple approach guides his hiring choices at Meta.Zuckerberg told podcaster Lex Fridman that people are too "objective-focused" and don't pay enough attention to who they build relationships with.
< Careers, Meta, Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Careers, Advice, College, Weekend BI UK >
- Business Insider 03:46April 30, 2022Elon Musk told Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez 'stop hitting on me' after she posted a scathing tweet about a tech 'billionaire with an ego problem'"I was talking about Zuckerberg but ok," Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez replied to Elon Musk in a now-deleted tweet.
< Politics, Tech Insider, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, Twitter, Facebook >
- Business Insider 14:27April 29, 2022Snap's CEO said his company doesn't use the word 'metaverse' because it's 'hypothetical' and people 'actually love the real world'People "want to be together in person with their friends," Snap cofounder and CEO Evan Spiegel told The Guardian.
< Tech Insider, News, SNAP, Snapchat, Evan Spiegel, Metaverse, Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook, Meta, AR, Glasses >
- Business Insider 13:49April 28, 2022Facebook parent Meta soars 17% after Q1 results show user growth recovery, and Mark Zuckerberg reins in metaverse spendingMeta CEO Mark Zuckerberg said he's slowing the pace of the Facebook parent's investment in new projects, including the metaverse, after revenue missed estimates.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Facebook, Meta, Mark Zuckerberg, Meta share price, Meta stock, Meta stock price, Tech, Tech Earnings, Earnings, earnings 2022, Apple >
- Breitbart News 22:18April 25, 2022DirecTV Reportedly Refused to Air Advertising for 'Rigged' Documentary: 'Woke Political Censorship,' Says Citizens UnitedDirectTV reportedly refused to air advertising for the Citizens United documentary "Rigged: The Zuckerberg-Funded Plot to Defeat Donald Trump," Breitbart News has learned, in what Citizens United called 'woke political censorship.'
< 2020 Election, Media, Politics, Citizens United, David Bossie, Mark Zuckerberg, political censorship, rigged >
- Business Insider 18:00April 25, 2022See inside Facebook's first ever physical retail location. Dubbed the Meta Store, it's designed to drum up interest in VR headsets and the metaverse.Potential customers will get the chance to test out Facebook's hardware in person and in an environment set up by the company.
< Tech Insider, Retail, Facebook, Metaverse, Retail, Mark Zuckerberg, meta platforms, Stores, Meta, Social Media, Tech, AR, VR, Augmented reality, Virtual reality, Virtual Reality Hardware, Virtual reality goggles, Quest 2, Quest >
- Business Insider 12:00April 22, 2022Mark Zuckerberg's metaverse obsession is driving some current and former Facebook employees nuts: 'It's the only thing Mark wants to talk about'The Facebook founder and CEO is wrapped up in his pivot to building the metaverse, but some staff still don't know what it means for their work.
< Tech Insider, Facebook, Meta, Mark Zuckerberg, Metaverse, Tech, Social Media >
- Business Insider 20:44April 21, 2022Russia sanctions Mark Zuckerberg, Vice President Kamala Harris, and 27 other Americans, indefinitely barring them from entering the countryThe travel ban includes US Vice President Kamala Harris, LinkedIn CEO Ryan Roslansky, and ABC reporter George Stephanopoulos.
< Tech Insider, Politics, News, Russia, Ukraine, Ukraine invasion, Vladimir Putin, Mark Zuckerberg, Meta, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, LinkedIn CEO >
- Business Insider 18:50April 15, 2022Elon Musk takes a swipe at Mark Zuckerberg's ironclad control of Meta, says it's set up so even 'Mark Zuckerberg the 14th' will be in charge of Facebook and InstagramWhen asked whether his role as richest man on Earth could pose a conflict of interest to his Twitter buy, Musk said he wouldn't be like Zuckerberg.
< Tech Insider, Transportation, News, Cars, Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, Mark Zuckerberg net worth, Tesla, SpaceX, Facebook, Meta, WhatsApp, Instagram >
- Breitbart News 20:53April 12, 2022Mark Zuckerberg Claims His Foundation Won't Meddle in Next Election After BacklashThe Center for Technology and Civic Life (CTCL), which Mark Zuckerberg and wife Priscilla Chan notoriously poured hundreds of millions of "Zuckerbucks" into for the purpose of getting out the vote in Democrat-leaning areas in the 2020 election, claims it won't repeat the process for the 2022 midterms.
< Economy, Politics, Tech, 2020 election, Center for Technology and Civic Life (CTCL), CTCL, Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Masters of the Universe, Priscilla Chan >
- Business Insider 14:01April 12, 2022Meta will charge creators fees of up to 47.5% to sell virtual wares in its metaverseMeta and its CEO Mark Zuckerberg have previously criticised Apple for charging developers a 30% fee for in-app purchases via the App Store.
< Tech Insider, News, Meta, Facebook, VR, Metaverse, Fees, Commission, App Store, Mark Zuckerberg >
- Business Insider 12:18April 12, 2022Meta spent a record $27 million on Mark Zuckerberg's security and private jet travel in 2021The Meta CEO's security arrangements are thought to involve 24/7 bodyguard protection and an office with bullet-resistant glass and a panic button.
< Tech Insider, News, Mark Zuckerberg, Meta, Facebook, Security, Private Jets, Expenses >
- Guardian 12:00April 9, 2022The rise of TikTok: why Facebook is worried about the booming social appChinese-owned video platform is set to overtake the advertising scale of Twitter and Snapchat combined• TikTok: five of the UK’s favourite videosTikTok is on track to overtake the global advertising scale of Twitter and Snapchat combined this year, and to match mighty YouTube within two years, as trendsetting teens and young adults make it the hottest social app of the moment – and Facebook is worried.The Chinese-owned video-sharing platform is forecast to catch up with YouTube by 2024 when both are predicted to take $23.6bn (£18.2bn) in ad revenue, despite TikTok being launched globally 12 years after its Google-owned rival. Continue reading...
< TikTok, Meta, Snapchat, Social media, China, Facebook, Twitter, Mark Zuckerberg, Digital media, Media, Technology, Business, World news >
- Breitbart News 22:14April 7, 2022Crime Jumps 36.5 Percent in New York City as Bail Laws Shape Gubernatorial RaceIndex crime in New York City jumped a staggering 36.5 percent last month compared to March 2021 as the state's bail laws draw scrutiny.
< Crime, Law and Order, Pre-Viral, bail reform, Center For American Progress, FWD.us, George Soros, Kathy Hochul, Lee Zeldin, Mark Zuckerberg, New York, New York City >
- Guardian 15:45April 7, 2022Meta plans ‘Zuck bucks’ virtual coins for Facebook and Instagram usersMark Zuckerberg hopes payment tokens will reduce platforms’ reliance on adverts as popularity wanesMark Zuckerberg is looking to develop virtual coins, nicknamed “Zuck bucks” by staff, for users of Facebook and Instagram as part of a suite of products designed to reduce his platforms’ dependence on advertising in the future metaverse.Facebook’s parent group, Meta, is looking to develop a range of virtual products – including digital tokens and “creator coins” – to diversify income and revitalise its user base, which is increasingly turning to newer rivals such as TikTok. Continue reading...
< Meta, Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook, Instagram, E-commerce, Internet, Media, Social networking, Technology, Business, Digital media >
- Breitbart News 14:55April 7, 2022Explosive New Documentary: Obama’s Campaign Manager Predicted How Many Votes Biden Needed in Wisconsin – Zuckerberg’s Money Helped Get ThereThe bombshell documentary "Rigged" explains how Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan contributed hundreds of millions of dollars through the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative to non-profit organizations that spent the money on a Democrat-focused get-out-the-vote effort for the 2020 election under the guise of pandemic “election safety.”
< 2020 Election, Politics, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI), David Plouffe, Mark Zuckerberg, rigged, Wisconsin >
- Business Insider 06:35April 7, 2022Trump hosted a movie night at Mar-a-Lago to premiere an election conspiracy theory film about Mark Zuckerberg — starring himselfThe 41-minute flick, "Rigged: The Zuckerberg Funded Plot to Defeat Donald Trump," includes interviews with Newt Gingrich and Sen. Ted Cruz.
< News, Politics, Donald Trump, election, Mark Zuckerberg, mar-a-lago >
- New York Magazine 23:48April 6, 2022Quiz: What Went Down at Trump’s Awful Mar-a-Lago Movie Party?Guess which bonkers things actually occurred at the ex-president’s screening of Rigged: The Zuckerberg-Funded Plot to Defeat Donald Trump.
< donald trump, politics, mar-a-lago, mark zuckerberg >
- Breitbart News 21:19April 6, 2022Exclusive — Trump at ‘Rigged’ Premiere: ‘It Shouldn’t Be Allowed’ for Mark Zuckerberg to Privately Finance Election OperationsFormer President Donald Trump told Breitbart News exclusively that states and the federal government should ban private financing of election operations, and make it illegal for people like Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg to funnel hundreds of millions of dollars into election offices.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Christian Ziegler, Citizens United, Corey Lewandowski, Dave Bossie, Devin Nunes, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Jeff Landry, Kellyanne Conway, Kimberly Guilfoyle, Mark Zuckerberg, On the Hill, Reince Priebus >
- Breitbart News 20:11April 1, 2022Shock Claim: Facebook Moderators Told to 'Err on the Side of an Adult' with Potential Child Sexual Abuse MaterialAccording to recent reports, Facebook's content moderators are told to "err on the side of adult" when unsure of the age of a victim in potential child sexual abuse material (CSAM).
< Crime, Politics, Tech, child sexual exploitation, CSAM, Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Masters of the Universe, Meta >
- Business Insider 21:47March 31, 2022Mark Zuckerberg says his employees refer to his intense attention as 'the Eye of Sauron' after the menacing, flaming eye in 'The Lord of the Rings'In "The Lord of the Rings" films, the eye is depicted as a flaming, disembodied eye and a metaphor for evil that watches over Middle-earth.
< Tech Insider, Mark Zuckerberg, Meta, Facebook, Lord of the Rings, Facebook employees, Tech Insider >
- Breitbart News 19:28March 31, 2022Report: Apple and Facebook Handed Over Private User Data to Hackers Posing as Law EnforcementA recent report reveals that both Apple and Facebook provided private user data to hackers who posed as law enforcement officials. The hackers used forged "emergency data requests" to trick the Masters of the Universe into handing over sensitive information such as IP addresses and phone numbers for their targets.
< Economy, Politics, Tech, Apple, Facebook, hackers, Mark Zuckerberg, Masters of the Universe, Meta, privacy and security, Tim Cook >
- Business Insider 00:11March 31, 2022Mark Zuckerberg shares an ex-Yahoo exec's advice to him as he grew Facebook: 'You get to choose the ways in which your organization sucks'The Meta founder told podcaster Tim Ferriss that the advice, which came from former Yahoo COO Dan Rosensweig, has stuck with him.
< Tech Insider, Strategy, Finance, News, Facebook, Meta, Mark Zuckerberg, Yahoo >
- Business Insider 00:09March 31, 2022Mark Zuckerberg says he tries to surf every day to help take his mind off getting 'punched' by the newsStewing in bad news — rather than getting out on the water — makes Zuckerberg less productive, he told author and podcaster Tim Ferriss.
< Tech Insider, Mark Zuckerberg, Meta, Facebook, Foiling, kauai, Surfing >
- Breitbart News 00:05March 30, 2022New York: Groups Linked to George Soros, Mark Zuckerberg Lobby to Keep Accused Criminals Out of JailJailbreak organizations with financial ties to billionaires George Soros and Mark Zuckerberg, who are worth a combined $86 billion, are lobbying New York lawmakers to preserve the state's "bail reform" policies that help keep accused criminals out of jail.
< Crime, Law and Order, Politics, bail reform, criminal justice reform, Democrats, George Soros, jailbreak, Kathy Hochul, Mark Zuckerberg, New York, New York City >
- Breitbart News 01:44March 25, 2022Exclusive: Rep. Darrell Issa Hits Twelve Individuals Involved in 'Laptop From Hell' Election Interference with Document Preservation NoticesCongressman Darrell Issa (R-CA) submitted document preservation notices to twelve individuals from the intelligence community, White House, Facebook, and Twitter in regard to the suppression of the “Laptop From Hell” series in October 2020.
< Midterm Election, Politics, Tech, Censorship, Darrell Issa, Deep State, Emma-Jo Morris, Facebook, Hunter Biden, Jack Dorsey, James Clapper, Jen Psaki, Joe Biden, John Brennan, Kevin McCarthy, Laptop from Hell, Leon Panetta, Mark Zuckerberg, On the Hill, Parag Agrawal, Ron Klain, Twitter, White House >
- Breitbart News 19:55March 15, 2022Zuck's War: Russia Blocks Instagram Across CountryRussia has reportedly shut off access to the Facebook-owned photo-sharing app Instagram this week, cutting off Mark Zuckerberg and the Masters of the Universe from accessing the personal data of tens of millions of Russian users.
< Economy, London / Europe, Tech, Facebook, Instagram, Mark Zuckerberg, Masters of the Universe, Russia, Ukraine, WhatsApp >
- New York Magazine 17:00March 12, 2022Facebook Is Now Allowing Itself to Be WeaponizedMeta’s decision to explicitly allow violent rhetoric against Russian soldiers and Vladimir Putin raises some very uncomfortable questions.
< facebook, meta, ukraine, russia, vladimir putin, social media platforms, instagram, mark zuckerberg, big tech, hate speech >
- Breitbart News 15:53March 11, 2022Zuck's War: Facebook Okays Calls for Violence Against RussiansMeta, the parent company of Facebook and Instagram, sent an email to employees of both social media platforms informing them that calls for violence against Russians and Russian soldiers will temporarily be allowed, according to a report by Reuters.
< London / Europe, Politics, Tech, Azov Battalion, Facebook, Instagram, Mark Zuckerberg, Masters of the Universe, Meta, Russia, Ukraine >
- Breitbart News 06:16March 8, 2022Exclusive— Josh Mandel: 'Big Tech Oligarchs' Like Mark Zuckerberg Must Be Criminally Investigated"Big Tech oligarchs" such as Mark Zuckerberg should be criminally pursued to stop large technology companies' anti-competitive conduct, Josh Mandel, a Republican candidate running for election to the U.S. Senate to represent Ohio, said on Friday's edition of SiriusXM's Breitbart News Daily with host Alex Marlow.
< Politics, Radio, Tech, Big Tech, Communications Decency Act, Facebook, Google, Josh Mandel, Mark Zuckerberg, Masters of the Universe, midterm election, Ohio >
- Breitbart News 20:05March 5, 2022A Taste of Their Own Medicine: Russia Blacklists Facebook, TwitterThe Russian government has reportedly blocked access to Facebook and Twitter completely in the country in response to the social media Masters of the Universe placing restrictions on Russian state media.
< London / Europe, Politics, Tech, Censorship, Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Masters of the Universe, Meta, Russia, Twitter, Ukraine >
- Business Insider 22:10March 2, 2022An interviewer made Mark Zuckerberg circle traffic lights on a piece of paper to prove he isn't a robotPodcaster Lex Fridman jokingly made Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg complete a real-world CAPTCHA, the puzzles that help computers tell humans from robots.
< Tech Insider, News, Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook, Meta, Tech leaders >
- Business Insider 18:40March 1, 2022Mark Zuckerberg shared his kids' evening 'goodnight things' where they talk about what's most important in lifeMeta CEO Mark Zuckerberg said he has a nightly routine with daughters Maxima and August, including sharing what they're excited about in the future.
< Tech Insider, Strategy, Life, News, Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook, Meta, Parenting, Tech CEOs >
- Business Insider 23:03February 28, 2022Mark Zuckerberg says it's 'reasonable' that the metaverse isn't a place but a point in timeThe Facebook founder said it's a "reasonable construct" for the metaverse to represent a moment when we live more in the digital world than the physical.
< Tech Insider, Strategy, News, Facebook, Meta, Metaverse, Mark Zuckerberg >
- Breitbart News 20:02February 28, 2022Facebook, Twitter Remove Alleged Russian 'Covert Influence Operations'Social media platforms Facebook and Twitter have reportedly removed two anti-Ukrainian "covert influence operations" from their platforms. One group appears to be based in Russia and a second in Belarus, according to the Silicon Valley Masters of the Universe.
< Economy, London / Europe, Tech, Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Masters of the Universe, Meta, Russia, Twitter, Ukraine >
- Snopes 19:50February 28, 2022Did One of Ukraine’s Leaders Write a Letter to Mark Zuckerberg?Ukraine called on tech companies to block access to their services in Russia.
< mark zuckerberg, Meta, Russia, Russia Ukraine, Ukraine >
- Business Insider 02:07February 24, 2022Facebook is trying to advance AI to 'human levels' in order to build its metaverseFacebook has a number of "challenges" standing in the way of its metaverse, including AI technology that isn't where it needs to be.
< Tech Insider, Nordic, Enterprise, Careers, Facebook, Meta, AI, Metaverse, Mark Zuckerberg, Tekendra Parmar >
- Guardian 23:34February 22, 2022Facebook launches Reels globally, betting on 'fastest growing' formatAfter a dismal earnings report in February and in a bid to attract younger users, the platform is prioritizing short video contentFacebook has launched its short video feature Reels globally, its owner Meta Platforms said on Tuesday, in a move to expand its fastest growing content format after reports that overall user numbers are down.The social media giant, which recently announced a massive pivot into virtual reality products, lost a third of its market value after a dismal earnings report in February. It has highlighted Reels as a key priority to court younger users. Continue reading...
< Facebook, Technology, Social networking, Media, Meta, Mark Zuckerberg >
- New York Magazine 20:51February 18, 2022Zuckerberg Has Burned $500 Billion Turning Facebook to MetaThe social-media Goliath has fallen out of the top-ten largest companies in the world by market capitalization.
< mark zuckerberg, the metaverse, facebook, silicon valley >
- Business Insider 08:05February 18, 2022Meta, formerly Facebook, is no longer one of the world's top 10 most-valuable companiesAfter a stock rout over a fall in daily users, Meta has dropped from the list of the world's most valuable companies by market cap.
< News, Markets, Tech, Markets, Meta, Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg >
- Business Insider 13:17February 17, 2022Mark Zuckerberg promoted policy chief Nick Clegg so the CEO won't have to deal with governments as much any more"As Nick takes on this new leadership role, it will enable me to focus more of my energy on leading the company," Zuckerberg said in a Facebook post.
< Tech Insider, News, Mark Zuckerberg, Meta, Facebook, Nick Clegg, governments, Policy >
- The Guardian 21:09February 16, 2022Nick Clegg promoted to top Facebook roleFormer Lib Dem leader becomes president of global affairsMark Zuckerberg to reduce his own role in policy decisionsMeta chief executive Mark Zuckerberg has promoted the company’s top policy executive Nick Clegg to president of global affairs, Zuckerberg said in a post on Wednesday, reducing his own role in the company’s policy decisions.Clegg, who previously served as Britain’s deputy prime minister, had joined Facebook as vice‑president for global affairs and communications in 2018. Continue reading...
< Facebook, Meta, Technology, US news, Nick Clegg, World news, California, Mark Zuckerberg >
- Business Insider 19:05February 16, 2022Mark Zuckerberg's new values for Meta show he still hasn't truly let go of 'move fast and break things'CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced new company values on Tuesday which included "move fast" which involves: "removing barriers that get in the way."
< Tech Insider, Analysis, Mark Zuckerberg, Meta, Facebook >