- Business Insider 21:17May 19, 2022Twitter jumps after the company tells employees its deal with Elon Musk is still on and that it won't renegotiate the $54.20 takeover priceThere is "no such thing as a deal being on hold," Twitter's top lawyer Vijaya Gadde told employees during the meeting.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Twitter, Twitter stock, twitter stock price, Elon Musk, Elon Musk Twitter takeover, Stock Market, stock market 2022, Mover >
- Business Insider 19:59May 19, 2022Lumber prices fall to new 2022 low as April existing home sales hit lowest level since the start of the pandemic"It looks like more [home sales] declines are imminent in the upcoming months, and we'll likely return to the pre-pandemic home sales activity."
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Lumber, lumber prices, Commodities, Homes, Housing Market, Home sales, lumber housing, Mover >
- New York Times 12:00May 19, 2022The 17th-Century English Judge Behind Abortion and Rape Rulings TodayBoth in India and in the Roe v. Wade draft ruling roiling the United States, Lord Matthew Hale — an English judge who wrote that women were contractually obligated to husbands — still looms large.
< Women's Rights, Roe v Wade (Supreme Court Decision), Constitutions, Abortion, Domestic Violence, Women and Girls, India, United States, Great Britain, Politics and Government, Marriages, United States Politics and Government, Civil Rights Movement (1954-68) >
- The Hill 00:47May 19, 2022British Royal Mint unveils new rainbow coin for 50th anniversary of UK pride movementThe United Kingdom's Royal Mint unveiled a brand new rainbow version of the country's 50 pence coin on Wednesday ahead of the 50th anniversary of the country's Pride movement this summer. The 50 pence coin is decorated with five rainbow arches. Scrawled on the middle rainbow arch is the word "pride," while the other arches...
< International, Policy, Coin, Dominique Holmes, LGBTQ, Minting, Pride movement, Rainbow coin >
- Business Insider 16:17May 18, 2022Target plunges 24% as soaring costs lead the retail giant to widely miss quarterly earnings expectations and cut its profit guidanceTarget shares dropped to their lowest since November 2020 after a rout set off by the retailer's Q1 earnings report.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Mover, Target, Earnings, Inflation, Walmart >
- Huffington Post UK 07:00May 18, 2022This 5-Minute Core Workout Will Improve Your Balance
< Life, wellbeing, fitness, Move, five-minute workout, move, five-minute-workout >
- Business Insider 13:38May 14, 2022Russia could strike back at the West by calling on its network of white-supremacist groups to commit terror attacks there, analysts warnExperts increasingly fear that as Russia's invasion stalls, the Kremlin could choose to retaliate against Western nations by inciting violence there.
< News, Russia, Ukraine, Terrorism, Wagner Group, Russian Imperial Movement, News UK >
- Huffington Post UK 11:00May 14, 2022Struggle To Drink Enough Water? These Phizz Tablets Could Do The Trick
< Life, Health, wellbeing, fitness, shopping, Move, health, move >
- Huffington Post UK 12:55May 13, 2022The Best Wireless Earbuds, According To Glowing Amazon Reviews
< Life, Tech, fitness, shopping, Move, tech, move >
- Business Insider 19:23May 11, 2022MicroStrategy extends week-long decline to 46% as bitcoin dips below its average price paid of $30,700CEO Michael Saylor has said he doesn't plan to ever sell MicroStrategy's stash of bitcoin. But he may not have a choice if its price keeps falling.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Bitcoin, crypto, bitcoin price, Microstrategy, Microstrategy bitcoin, Microstrategy stock, Cryptocurrencies, Mover, Trading >
- Huffington Post UK 07:00May 11, 2022This 5-Minute Leg Day Workout Builds Muscle And Increases Strength
< Life, Health, wellbeing, fitness, Move, five-minute workout, health, move, five-minute-workout >
- Business Insider 16:05May 10, 2022Peloton crumbles 20% to a record low after third-quarter earnings miss reveals a 'thinly capitalized' company"We finished the quarter with $879 million in unrestricted cash and cash equivalents, which leaves us thinly capitalized for a business of our scale."
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Peloton, Peloton stock, Peloton stock price, Stock Market, Earnings, Mover, Trading, Markets >
- Business Insider 21:20May 9, 2022Lumber prices fall to their lowest level in 2022 as the highest mortgage rates in 13 years dent housing demand"Many first-time buyers simply no longer qualify with the increase in interest rates, as their debt-to-income ratio gets out of whack," one homebuilder said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Lumber, lumber outlook, lumber prices, lumber price, mortgage rates, Housing Market, commodites, Mover >
- Business Insider 16:54May 9, 2022MicroStrategy falls 16% as bitcoin inches closer to its margin call level of $21,000Bitcoin has dropped 18% over the past week, dipping below $33,000, after it was rejected at a key resistance level of $40,000.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, crypto, Bitcoin, Microstrategy, Microstrategy stock, Microstrategy bitcoin, Stock Market, Mover, Trading >
- Business Insider 15:48May 9, 2022Rivian plunges 19% as Ford and other investors to sell millions of shares as lock-up period expiresA lock-up period last six months after a company goes public, preventing insiders and early investors from selling their shares.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Rivian, Rivian stock, Rivian stock price, Stock Market, stock market 2022, Mover, Trading, Rivian IPO, lockup expiration, Ford >
- Breitbart News 04:24May 8, 2022Pinkerton: The Democrats’ Rollercoaster on Roe Goes Up, Down, and Maybe Off the RailsAt first, Democrats hoped they were winning on the abortion issue, and now they fear they are losing. So anything could happen.
< Politics, Abortion, Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, James Pinkerton, pro-life, Pro-Life Movement, Roe v. Wade, Supreme Court >
- AdWeek 19:17May 6, 2022Anthropologie’s CMO on Thinking Monumental, Not IncrementalElizabeth Preis has made a career out of shepherding the brands of some of the world's most beloved retail and beauty brands - from Saks Fifth Avenue to J.Crew to Estee Lauder to her current role as CMO for Anthropologie. While a big proponent of using data to inform strategy, Preis realizes that there's more...
< Adweek Podcasts, CMO Moves >
- Business Insider 16:57May 6, 2022Block stock slips on weak first-quarter results while Cash app's profit is expected to growLate Thursday, the mobile payment company reported adjusted earnings per share tumbled 56% to 18 cents, missing Wall Street expectations of 21 cents.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, block, Bitcoin, cryptocurrency, Earnings, cash app, Mover >
- Business Insider 20:26May 5, 2022Bitcoin craters 7% amid broader stock market sell-off, reinforcing its high correlation to risk assetsThe back and forth between up and down days in bitcoin and the stock market partially deflates the argument that bitcoin is a hedge against inflation.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Bitcoin, crypto, bitcoin price, Markets, Cryptocurrencies, Trading, Finance, Movers >
- Business Insider 18:29May 5, 2022E-commerce stocks sink after first-quarter earnings results from Shopify, Etsy, and eBay underwhelm investors"While multiple macro cross-currents are filtering through the global economy, consumer health remains relatively strong," Wayfair's CEO said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, stock market 2022, Stock Market, Movers, Trading, Finance, Shopify, Etsy, Amazon >
- Huffington Post UK 07:00May 4, 2022Ready For Postpartum Exercise? Try This 5-Minute Workout
< Life, Parents, Health, mums, fitness, life as a parent, Move, health, life-as-a-parent, move >
- Business Insider 20:32May 3, 2022Chegg plummets 37% as CEO says 'people are shifting their priorities toward earning over learning' and inflation putting pressure on guidance"With higher wages and increased cost of living, more people are shifting their priorities towards earning over learning," Chegg's CEO said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Chegg, Stock Market, stock market 2022, Trading, Mover, Earnings, Inflation, Finance >
- Forbes 20:01May 3, 2022How To Stop Losing Employees And Start Winning The War For TalentBusinesses continue to lose employees because they’re treating the workforce like it’s the same as it was 20 years ago.
< Innovation, /innovation, Innovation, /innovation, moveworks >
- Breitbart News 17:05May 3, 2022Watch Live: Pro-Life, Pro-Abortion Crowds Clash Outside Supreme Court Following Roe LeakActivists gathered outside the Supreme Court following a bombshell report which revealed the Court could potentially overrule Roe v. Wade.
< Health, Politics, Abortion, abortion industry, leaks, Live Stream, PAAU, pro-life activists, Pro-Life Movement, Roe v. Wade, SCOTUS, Students for Life, Supreme Court, watch live, whistleblower >
- The Guardian(UK) 22:00May 2, 2022Calls for compulsory MP training to tackle sexist culture in parliamentBoris Johnson urged to back courses for lawmakers amid allegations of sexual misconduct Boris Johnson is facing calls to support the introduction of compulsory training for MPs after fresh revelations about sexism and harassment in Westminster.Following Neil Parish becoming the latest MP to be embroiled in scandal after he admitted to deliberately watching pornography in the House of Commons, political parties and the Commons authorities have been accused of not doing enough to rid parliament of its “pestminster” image. Continue reading...
< House of Commons, Conservatives, Boris Johnson, Politics, UK news, #MeToo movement, Women >
- AdWeek 20:31April 28, 2022Magnolia Bakery’s CMO on Maintaining Familiarity While Evolving the BrandBefore making the move to brand-side with Chobani, Eddie Revis spent a decade doing just about everything in the agency world. This has contributed meaningfully to his success: "I jumped at opportunities that benefitted my toolkit. I moved from media to design strategy and design thinking. The most deadly marketers have spent time on the...
< Adweek Podcasts, CMO Moves, General >
- Business Insider 16:06April 28, 2022Teladoc implodes 44% after massive first-quarter loss, costing Cathie Wood's ARK more than $400 millionArk Invest bought about 100,000 shares of Teladoc across its various ETFs as recently as Tuesday, and more than 40,000 shares on Monday.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Teladoc stock, Teladoc stock price, Teladoc, ARK Invest, Cathie Wood, Trading, Finance, Mover >
- New York Magazine 16:00April 28, 2022Protests Are Wrong Until They’re RightAnimal-rights activists have been ridiculed for interrupting the NBA playoffs. They’re in good company.
< nba playoffs, minnesota timberwolves, glen taylor, memphis grizzlies, protests, civil rights movement, politics, factory farming, activism, the system >
- Huffington Post UK 07:00April 28, 2022So You've Finished Couch To 5K – Here's What To Do Next
< Life, fitness, exercise, running, Move, exercising, move >
- Business Insider 22:28April 27, 2022Digital World Acquisition spikes 23% as Elon Musk tweets about Twitter's competition"Truth Social (terrible name) exists because Twitter censored free speech." In a follow-up, Musk tweeted: Should be called Trumpet instead!"
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Digital World Acquisition Corp., Digital World Acquisition spac Trump, Stock Market, Elon Musk, Twitter, Mover >
- Business Insider 16:32April 27, 2022Microsoft stock rallies after fiscal third-quarter results exceed expectations and upbeat forecast bucks economic gloomMicrosoft sees tech spending staying strong even if the economy slows, as software that boosts productivity remains in demand to offset inflation.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Microsoft, Earnings, Revenue, earnings per share, Computers, Mover, msft stock price, microsoft stock price >
- Huffington Post UK 07:00April 27, 2022Exercising With Long Covid Is Tough. This Gentle 5-Minute Workout Can Ease You In
< Life, coronavirus, Health, wellbeing, fitness, Move, long covid, five-minute workout, health, move, long-covid, five-minute-workout >
- Business Insider 19:49April 26, 2022Tesla falls 11% as Elon Musk sets focus on Twitter and Ford announces it will scale up production of electric F-150 amid huge demandMusk has put up tens of billions of dollars worth of his Tesla stock as collateral to fund his acquisition of Twitter.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Tesla, tesla stock, Tesla stock price, Stock Market, stock market 2022, Mover, Elon Musk, Twitter, Ford F-150 Lightning >
- The Guardian(UK) 15:00April 26, 2022DJ Tim Westwood accused of sexual misconduct by multiple womenExclusive: Seven women accuse ex-Radio 1 DJ of predatory behaviour in joint investigation by the Guardian and BBCThe renowned DJ Tim Westwood has been accused of sexual misconduct by multiple women who claim he misused his position in the music industry to take advantage of them.Three women have accused the DJ of opportunistic and predatory sexual behaviour, while four others allege they were groped by him at events. Continue reading...
< Tim Westwood, #MeToo movement, Rap, Hip-hop, Media, Music, UK news, Culture, Gender, Women, Life and style, World news, BBC Three, Television industry, BBC >
- New York Times 14:19April 26, 2022Convincing Victory Disguises Challenges for France’s MacronFrance’s runoff election was marked by a record level of abstention, and many cast a ballot only to keep the far right from power — a testament to a growing disillusionment.
< Politics and Government, Le Pen, Marine, Macron, Emmanuel (1977- ), Melenchon, Jean-Luc, France, Elections, Yellow Vests Movement, Voting and Voters, Legislatures and Parliaments, Polls and Public Opinion, Roye, France >
- Business Insider 17:17April 25, 2022Digital World Acquisition falls 5% after Elon Musk inches closer to a $43 billion deal for TwitterUnder Musk's control, Trump's Truth Social, billed as a free speech alternative to Twitter, might be less appealing to both users and investors.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Digital World Acquisition Corp., Digital World Acquisition Corp. stock price, Digital World Acquisition Corp. Trump SPAC, Elon Musk, Twitter, Mover >
- AdWeek 17:46April 21, 2022IBM Watson Advertising & Weather CMO on Moving with Agility, Velocity and ConvictionThis just in: Randi Stipes, CMO of IBM Watson Advertising & Weather, has led an exceptionally successful career leading, learning and leaning into the constantly evolving media and technology and landscape. From content to new product development to ad sales and partner solutions, Stipes has continued to bet on herself, encouraging women in our industry...
< Adweek Podcasts, CMO Moves >
- New York Times 04:27April 21, 2022Macron and Le Pen Trade Punches in Pivotal French Election DebateHe attacked the far-right leader as a Putin stooge. She hit back at him as the president of division and contempt.
< France, Le Pen, Marine, Macron, Emmanuel (1977- ), Debates (Political), Putin, Vladimir V, Europe, European Union, Politics and Government, Yellow Vests Movement, Muslim Veiling, National Rally (France), Elections >
- New York Times 13:43April 20, 2022How Hated Is Macron? It Could Decide the French Election.Given the choice between a president they suspect of despising ordinary people and a far-right candidate they detest, many French voters may stay home.
< Politics and Government, Le Pen, Marine, Macron, Emmanuel (1977- ), France, Elections, Voting and Voters, Polls and Public Opinion, Fringe Groups and Movements, Le Pen, Jean-Marie, Melenchon, Jean-Luc, Amiens (France), Argenteuil (France), Avignon (France), Paris (France) >
- Huffington Post UK 07:00April 20, 2022This Quick Yoga Sequence Can Help Relieve Tight Hips In 5 Minutes
< Life, wellbeing, fitness, Move, Yoga, five-minute workout, move, yoga, five-minute-workout >
- Business Insider 17:27April 19, 2022Plug Power stock jumps 10% on deal to provide Walmart with hydrogenPlug Power will provide Walmart up to 20 tons of liquid green hydrogen per day for its US fleet of material handling lift trucks.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Energy, Green Energy, Walmart, plug power, Supply Chain, Mover >
- Business Insider 20:55April 18, 2022A top US vaccine researcher says he doesn't 'blame' unvaccinated people for their skepticism: 'I can see where it can be extremely confusing'In "Pandemic Inc," author David McSwane traces the edges of some of the darkest, shadiest corners of the nation's pandemic response.
< Science, News, coronavirus, COVID-19 vaccine, Anti-Vaccine Movement, Public Health, Book Review >
- New York Magazine 19:30April 18, 2022The Ukrainian Soldier From New York Magazine’s March Cover Got MarriedAnd other updates from the authors of our oral history of the war.
< war diary, ukraine, russia, russian invasion, politics, first person, remove interruptions >
- AdWeek 22:27April 14, 2022El Pollo Loco’s Andy Rehbun on Creating Cultural MomentsHe went from cars to cheeseburgers to chicken. Newly appointed CMO of El Pollo Loco Andy Rehbun shares his career journey from formative marketing years at Ford to piloting McDonald's first mobile app to now, leading the chicken restaurant's expansion into new geographic (and product) territories. Enter the birria. Rehbun shares how his team is...
< CMO Moves, Food & Beverage, General, Mentorship >
- Breitbart News 20:58April 14, 2022Kentucky Legislature Overrides Democrat Governor's Veto, Passes 15-Week Abortion BanThe Republican-led Kentucky legislature overrode Beshear's veto and passed a bill which outlaws abortions after 15 weeks of pregnancy.
< Health, Politics, 15-week abortion ban, Abortion, Andy Beshear, Kentucky, Mississippi, Pro-Abortion, pro-life, Pro-Life Movement, Republican Party, Roe v. Wade, Supreme Court, unborn babies >
- Business Insider 16:22April 14, 2022Elon Musk's proposed 100% takeover of Twitter is likely to happen after a 'soap opera' that leaves the board with few options, Wedbush says"We believe this soap opera will end with Musk owning Twitter after this aggressive hostile takeover of the company," Wedbush said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Elon Musk, Twitter, Elon Musk twitter, Elon Musk Twitter takeover, Analyst Note, Stock Market, Mover, Trading, Finance >
- Huffington Post UK 07:00April 13, 2022This 5-Minute HILIT Workout Will Boost Your Fitness, Without Wrecking Your Joints
< Life, fitness, exercise, Move, five-minute workout, move, five-minute-workout >
- New York Magazine 17:20April 12, 2022Several People Shot in Apparent Attack on Subway in BrooklynOfficials say at least a dozen people were injured and they are investigating reports of explosive devices.
< crime, subway, paywall exclude, brooklyn subway shooting, remove interruptions >
- New York Times 23:11April 11, 2022Macron Sets Out to Build a ‘Dam’ Against Le Pen. Can It Hold?After Sunday’s vote, when nearly a third of ballots went to the extreme right, a united front of mainstream voters looked more precarious than ever.
< Elections, Right-Wing Extremism and Alt-Right, National Front (France), Valeurs Actuelles (Magazine), Le Pen, Marine, Macron, Emmanuel (1977- ), France, Politics and Government, Voting and Voters, Immigration and Emigration, Discrimination, Fringe Groups and Movements, Muslims and Islam, National Rally (France), Le Pen, Jean-Marie, Dupont-Aignan, Nicolas, Melenchon, Jean-Luc, Zemmour, Eric >
- Business Insider 16:10April 11, 2022Nio plummets 11% after it shuts down production due to supply chain disruptions caused by city-wide COVID-19 lockdowns in ChinaTesla's Shanghai plant has been shut down since late March, while auto plants tied to Volkswagen's joint ventures were also closed.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Nio, Nio stock, Nio stock price, Stock Market, stock market 2022, Trading, Finance, Mover, Markets >