- Business Insider 17:22September 21, 2021COVID-19 has now killed more Americans than the influenza pandemic of 1918-19Due to the population difference, the 1918-19 flu infected 25% of Americans and killed 0.65%. COVID-19 has infected 12% of Americans and killed 0.2%.
< News, Science, Healthcare, Speed desk, COVID-19, Spanish Flu, 1918 influenza pandemic, CDC, coronavirus >
- Observer 16:58September 21, 2021CDC Adds New Destinations to Highest Travel Warning Level, Including Bermuda and AntiguaU.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention upgraded three new destinations to its highest Level 4 travel advisory.
< Antigua, Antigua and Barbuda, Bermuda, CDC, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Coronavirus, coronavirus pandemic, Covid-19, Guyana, international travel, Travel, travel guidance, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention >
- Observer 16:25September 21, 2021New York’s Philharmonic is Back, but Change Is Still UnderwayMany musicians will now wear masks onstage.
< coronavirus pandemic, David Geffen Hall, New York Philharmonic >
- Business Insider 15:00September 21, 2021How to carry your vaccine card on your phone so you can leave it at homeMore businesses and events are requiring proof of vaccination. If you're skittish about losing your card, use a photo or an app instead.
< Science, Tech Insider, Strategy, News, vaccine card, COVID, Pandemic, vaccination >
- New York Magazine 14:00September 21, 2021What Sports Learned From the Pandemic It Thinks Is OverLessons from the last 18 months.
< games, the sports section, covid-19, coronavirus, pandemic >
- Observer 21:15September 20, 2021U.S. Will Ease Restrictions for Fully Vaccinated Foreign Travelers in NovemberThe Biden administration will lift restrictions for international visitors.
< Coronavirus, coronavirus pandemic, coronavirus travel, coronavirus travel ban, Covid-19, international travel, travel restrictions >
- Observer 18:36September 20, 2021Thousands of Women Report Period Delays After COVID-19 Vaccination, Calling for More ResearchThere's no evidence that vaccination affects fertility, experts say.
< Covid-19, Pandemic, Vaccine, vaccine side effect >
- Business Insider 17:46September 20, 2021I'm a 53-year-old 'clean ambassador' for Delta. I spend my day making sure the airport follows proper COVID-19 protocols - here's what my job is like.Jenero Burke, based in Atlanta, worked as a customer-service and ticket and gate agent before landing this pandemic-focused role.
< Careers, Nordic, Strategy, BI-freelancer, Atlanta airport, Delta Air lines, Cleanliness, Pandemic, Cleaning, Germs, Careers, Delta, Planes, Contributor 2021, Lauryn Haas, job diary >
- Huffington Post UK 17:13September 20, 2021US Expected To Lift Ban For Fully Vaccinated Travellers From UK And Europe
< Politics, pandemic, covid, usa, travel ban, the states, fully vaccinated, travel-ban, the-states, fully-vaccinated >
- Breitbart News 15:55September 20, 2021Fearful London: Falls Soar as People Scared of Catching Covid from HandrailsEscalator falls at tube stations have increased because Britons are frightened of catching coronavirus if they hold onto the handrails, a London Underground official has said.
< Health, London / Europe, Science, coronavirus, COVID-19, lockdown, London, london underground, pandemic, United Kingdom >
- Business Insider 16:03September 19, 2021Making fun of anti-vaxxers who died of COVID-19 is a dark indication that we've all surrendered to the diseaseWe don't have to be nice to anti-vaxxers, but instead of making light of them when they die from COVID-19, let's try and prevent that from happening.
< Opinion, Politics, Healthcare, Science, Opinion, BI Commentary, permalancer, COVID-19, Anti-Vaxxers, Misinformation, Pandemic, Politics, Health >
- Business Insider 15:08September 19, 2021Entitled consumers have terrorized service and retail workers throughout the pandemic, but it was a natural evolution in a culture that promises 'the customer is always right'The pandemic has revealed how much power has been ceded to American consumers - or, more accurately, how much power they believe they should have.
< Retail, analysis, Customers, shoppers, Retail workers, Worker harassment, Pandemic, mask mandates, vaccine mandates >
- New York Magazine 16:00September 18, 2021‘I Did Not Want My Children to Be Home Again’After more than a year of Zoom school, NYC kids returned to classrooms, much to the relief of parents and teachers.
< education, pandemic, new york city, schools, bill de blasio, covid-19 >
- Business Insider 15:36September 18, 2021Move over millennials, Gen Z is the new 'it' generationMillennials woke up from the pandemic no longer the "it" generation. More like "cheugy." Here's how Gen Z stole the crown of cool during quarantine.
< Economy, Markets, Economy, Millennials, gen z, adulthood, Pandemic, Consumer spending, Generations, Geriatric Millennial, analysis >
- Business Insider 15:07September 18, 2021It's never been more clear: companies should give up on back to office and let us all work remotely, permanentlyA permanent switch to remote work is the best way forward, and collaborative tech would come with it.
< Opinion, Tech Insider, Strategy, Careers, Politics, Economy, Opinion, BI Commentary, Commentary Freelancer, work from home, Remote Work, COVID-19, Pandemic, Economy >
- Business Insider 14:00September 18, 2021More Americans fell into poverty during the pandemic, and new data shows that low wage workers are struggling to bounce backWithout stimulus relief and unemployment benefits, social scientist Elena Delavega says the poverty rate could have risen even higher.
< Economy, Strategy, Nordic, The Conversation, Poverty, Poverty line, Contributor, Low-income workers, pandemic economy, Contributor 2021 >
- Business Insider 13:10September 18, 2021Geriatric millennials have the most power in the workforce right nowOlder millennials and younger Gen Xers are driving America's Great Resignation, per the HBR. Geriatric millennials have the upper hand.
< Economy, Markets, Careers, Economy, Workforce, Millennials, Geriatric Millennials, Gen X, great resignation, Pandemic, Harvard Business Review, BLS >
- Breitbart News 12:46September 18, 2021WATCH: Hundreds Arrested as Anti-Lockdown Protesters Break Police Lines, Trample Officers(AFP) – Officers used pepper spray and made over 200 arrests in Melbourne as several hundred protesters flouted stay-at-home orders and marched through an inner-city suburb.
< Law and Order, London / Europe, Politics, anti-lockdown, Antipodes, Australia, Australian police, British Commonwealth, coronavirus, Covid Variants, COVID-19, Delta Variant, Freedom, Indian Variant, liberty, lockdown, melbourne, New South Wales, New South Wales Police, pandemic, Personal Freedom, Personal Liberty, Protesters, protests, Right to Protest, Sydney, victoria, Victoria Police, Wuhan virus >
- New York Magazine 16:00September 17, 2021When School Is Back, But School Buses Aren’tA pandemic shortage of drivers forces parents to pick up the slack.
< pandemic, education >
- Business Insider 23:13September 16, 2021Data suggests people are driving less and at different times than before the pandemic. Experts reveal what this means for the future of commuting.In spite of fewer miles being driven last year, fatalities increased, Gary Hallgren, president of mobility analytics platform Arity, said.
< Transportation, Nordic, BI-freelancer, Transportation, Driving, Suburbs, EVs, Electric Vehicles, Commute, Commute time, Pandemic, Contributor 2021, Lauryn Haas, es-arity-event-21, Insider Events, Insider Events recap >
- Business Insider 19:33September 16, 2021Anti-vaxxers are not a monolith, and viewing them as 'immoral crystal-lickers' gets us nowhereInstead of moralizing the issue, we should seek to understand the reasons and circumstances that have led people to their stances.
< Opinion, Healthcare, Politics, Science, Opinion, COVID-19, Pandemic, covid vaccine, Vaccine, Anti-Vaxx, Anti-Vaccination, BI Commentary, permalancer >
- Observer 19:17September 16, 2021Here’s What You Need to Know About the Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Shot DebateThe FDA is set to meet on Friday to vote on when to authorize the third booster shot of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.
< booster shot, Covid-19, FDA, Pandemic, Vaccine >
- Business Insider 18:21September 16, 2021A trip to Mexico is more valuable than even the best book, says a prominent economistPeople overinvest in books, but underinvest in travel, economist Tyler Cowen said. He believes it's experiences that shift perspectives the most.
< Economy, Markets, Travel, Economy, Travel, Mexico, Reading, Tulum, Economist, Pandemic >
- Business Insider 23:28September 15, 2021StubHub will pay out over $16 million in refunds to over 75,000 customers for events canceled at the start of the pandemic last year11 attorneys general came to a settlement with the ticket retailer after customers did not receive refunds for canceled events.
< Retail, News, StubHub, Ticket, Tickets, Refund, State, Attorney General, District of Columbia, Pandemic, COVID, coronaivrus, Event, Cancelation, Sales >
- Petapixel 17:45September 15, 2021NAB Show Has Been Cancelled (Again) Due to the Coronavirus PandemicThe National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show that was scheduled to take place in October has been canceled. This follows Sony, Canon, and Panasonic’s choice to pull out due to concerns over the coronavirus pandemic. The status of the NAB Show looked shaky after the three tech juggernauts announced that plans to attend had been […]
< Industry, News, canceled, CES, covid19, covid19pandemic, nab, NAB2021, NAB2022, photoplus, tradeshow >
- Business Insider 14:48September 15, 2021400,000 people are infected each year with coronaviruses carried by bats, an early study suggests. Researchers say the data could help prevent future pandemics.Researchers said that the data could help prevent future pandemics caused by viruses that spread from animals to humans.
< Healthcare, Science, News, coronavirus, Health, Pandemic, bat >
- Observer 22:58September 14, 2021Bill Gates: COVID-19 Has Worsened Inequality and Weakened Our Preparedness for the Next PandemicThe pandemic has pushed more than 30 million people globally into extreme poverty.
< Delta variant, Gates Foundation, Goalkeepers report, Pandemic >
- Business Insider 22:27September 14, 2021Poverty went up in 2020, but stimulus checks and beefed up unemployment benefits were a lifeline for millions of AmericansStimulus checks lifted 11.7 million people out of poverty in 2020, according to data from the Census Bureau.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Poverty, Poverty line, Census Bureau, pandemic relief, Economic relief, BI Graphics, Policy >
- Observer 21:15September 14, 2021CDC Adds Belize, Grenada and 8 More Destinations to Highest COVID-19 Travel Warning ListThe U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention upgraded several destinations to its highest Level 4 Do Not Travel warning category.
< belize, Caribbean, CDC, centers for disease control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Coronavirus, coronavirus pandemic, coronavirus travel, Covid-19, Delta variant, Grenada, pandemic travel, St. Kitts and Nevis, travel guide, travel warning, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention >
- New York Magazine 14:00September 14, 2021In New York, a Fake Vaxx Card Is As Easy to Buy As WeedThe proliferation of vaccine mandates is creating a black-market boom for counterfeit proof.
< vaccine passport, coronavirus vaccines, covid-19, pandemic, new york city >
- Business Insider 11:27September 14, 2021An entrepreneur who built an automation giant is now the richest person in Japan - and his company is known to pay some of the highest salaries in the countryTakemitsu Takizaki, 76, is now the richest person in Japan, bumping Uniqlo's Tadashi Yanai from the top spot.
< News, International, insider asia, Japan, Richest, Richest men, COVID-19, Pandemic, Wealth >
- Business Insider 05:23September 14, 2021More than 243,000 kids in the US got COVID-19 last week, the second-highest weekly total among kids since the pandemic startedChildren account for 22.2% of the US population. In the week ending September 9, kids accounted for 28.9% of the weekly COVID-19 caseload.
< Science, News, coronavirus, Kids, Pandemic >
- Business Insider 22:23September 13, 2021The housing crisis is so bad the wealthy are dropping millions on renovating B&Bs into homesA B&B is the wealthy's version of a fixer upper. A scarce housing market is leading some to buy old inns, which give them more space for their buck.
< Real Estate, Economy, Economy, Luxury real estate, Travel, Pandemic, Wealthy People, B&B, bed and breakfast, Housing Market, housing boom >
- Business Insider 19:33September 13, 2021How to stop dwelling on regrets from the past year of the pandemic and turn them into a force for goodPsychologist Neal Roese says it's important to make peace with what you can't control and focus on what you can do in the future.
< Strategy, Nordic, Kellogg Insight, Contributor, Contributor 2021, Pandemic, Regret, Advice, psychologist >
- Observer 19:11September 13, 2021Biden’s Vaccine Order Prompts Urgent Questions From the Nation’s Largest EmployersBiden's new vaccine order affects 80 million American workers.
< Biden vaccine order, Consumer Brands Association, Covid-19, Pandemic, Vaccine mandate >
- Breitbart News 14:31September 12, 2021U-Turn: No Vaccine Passports for England, Health Secretary Sajid Javid AnnouncesThe British government will not mandate vaccine passports for nightclubs, cinemas, and other large public venues in England, Sajid Javid said.
< Health, London / Europe, Politics, anti-lockdown, Boris Johnson, coronavirus, Coronavirus vaccine, Covid Pass, Covid Passes, Covid Vaccine, COVID-19, England, Freedom, health passport, liberty, lockdown, national lockdown, pandemic, Personal Freedom, Personal Liberty, Sajid Javid, United Kingdom, vaccination, Vaccine, vaccine passport, Vaccine Passports, vaccines, Wuhan virus >
- Business Insider 17:34September 11, 2021Doctor says 'death is imminent' for a woman on a hospital bed in Michigan who refused the COVID-19 vaccine 'adamantly'"Despite everything that could possibly be done for her, she's going to lose her battle and lose her life," Dr. Nicole Linder said.
< News, COVID-19, coronavirus, Michigan, COVID-19 vaccine, Pandemic, Hospitals, icu, weekend BI US, Healthcare, Medical >
- Business Insider 15:03September 11, 2021Thousands of people who were released from prison due to the pandemic are now thriving with their families. But if Biden doesn't act now, they will be cruelly sent back.4,000 people who have been under home confinement could go back to prison if Biden doesn't commute their sentences.
< Opinion, News, Politics, Law, Opinion, prisons, Incarceration, Biden, Pandemic, COVID-19, Commutation, Criminal Justice System, Criminal Justice, BI Commentary, Commentary Freelancer, Crime >
- Business Insider 14:55September 11, 2021After seeing a film on the big screen for the first time since before the pandemic, I'm convinced movie-watching in a theater will always beat streaming at homeI saw "Shang-Chi" at Alamo Drafthouse and it was thrilling, proving that pandemic-era online debuts like "Black Widow" can't live up to the theater.
< Entertainment, Tech Insider, News, movie theaters, Movies, Pandemic, Streaming, Marvel, analysis >
- Breitbart News 00:51September 11, 2021'We Need to Protect Kids from Parents': House Democrats Rail Against Schools Requiring Parental Consent to Vaccinate ChildrenRep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) said the government knows better than parents when it comes to vaccinating children against the Chinese coronavirus.
< Health, Politics, budget reconciliation, Chinese coronavirus, Coronavirus vaccine, Mary Miller, pandemic, parental consent, public schools >
- Business Insider 00:28September 11, 2021SCOTT GALLOWAY: Our kids are falling behind at school due to the pandemic. Teachers aren't going to fix it.While their parents harass doctors at school board meetings and fight epic Facebook comment wars, our kids are not learning to read or count.
< Opinion, Nordic, Education, Scott Galloway, Prof G, Back to School, Back to School 2021, school, COVID, Pandemic, Learning, Education, Teachers, Contributor, Contributor 2021, Lauryn Haas >
- Petapixel 23:29September 10, 2021Canon and Panasonic Drop Out of NAB Due to COVID-19 ConcernsPanasonic and Canon have announced that neither will be attending NAB this fall as previously planned, joining Sony in pulling out of trade show commitments due to concerns over the spread of COVID-19. Canon informed PetaPixel that it has canceled plans to attend both the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show in Las Vegas as […]
< Industry, News, canon, covid, covid19, covid19pandemic, infocomm, nab, nationalassociationofbroadcasters, panasonic, sony, statement, tradeshow, tradeshows >
- Business Insider 20:50September 10, 2021White House official doesn't rule out requiring COVID-19 vaccines or tests for domestic flights"We're not taking any measures off the table," White House COVID-19 response coordinator Jeff Zients said during a virtual press briefing.
< News, Speed desk, Breaking, coronavirus, COVID-19, coronavirus pandemic, Domestic flights, air travel, White House, COVID-19 vaccine >
- Business Insider 17:19September 10, 2021Unvaccinated, COVID-19-stricken TikToker urges followers to get the vaccines in final video post before her death"If you are even 70% sure that you want the vaccine, go get it. Don't wait. Go get it," Megan Alexandra Blankenbiller, 31, said in the video post.
< News, Science, Speed desk, Breaking, coronavirus, COVID-19, COVID-19 pandemic, COVID-19 vaccine, TikTok, Unvaccinated >
- Business Insider 16:47September 10, 20213 ways to fix the economy for essential workers, according to a leading labor activist"If there is a set of workers who are unprotected and highly insecure," it's a risk to us all, according to activist Ai-jen Poo.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, essential worker, Essential Workers, domestic workers, Equality, Pandemic, pandemic economy, Inequality, Policy >
- Business Insider 14:08September 10, 2021Video shows President-elect Biden saying 10 months ago he wouldn't make vaccines mandatoryBiden changed his position after millions refused to get the shot even as the infectious Delta variant continued to spread.
< Politics, Joe Biden, coronavirus pandemic, vaccine mandates, delta variant, News UK >
- Breitbart News 11:54September 10, 2021Sweden to Scrap All COVID Restrictions This Month, Has the Country's Pro-Freedom Approach Worked?The government of Sweden announced all remaining coronavirus restrictions will be lifted this month, following a similar plan from Denmark.
< Economy, Health, London / Europe, anti-lockdown, Chinese virus, coronavirus, Covid Pass, Covid Passes, COVID-19, EU, European Union, Freedom, health passport, Lena Hallengren, liberty, lockdown, national lockdown, pandemic, Personal Freedom, Personal Liberty, Sweden, Vaccine, vaccine passport, Vaccine Passports, vaccines, Wuhan virus >
- Business Insider 03:38September 10, 2021Some Republicans urge companies to 'openly rebel' against a new OSHA rule requiring large employers to mandate workers get vaccinated or face weekly testingBiden announced on a new rule on Thursday requiring large employers to mandate that their workers be fully vaccinated or face weekly COVID tests.
< Politics, Dan Crenshaw, Jim Banks, Chip Roy, Madison Cawthorn, COVID-19, COVID-19 pandemic, COVID-19 vaccine, covid vaccine, OSHA, Biden, Biden administration, Kristi Noem, Greg Abbott, brian kemp, Doug Ducey >
- Breitbart News 00:38September 10, 2021President Biden to Call on Schools to Set Up Routine Coronavirus TestingPresident Joe Biden is expected to call on schools to set up routine coronavirus testing -- one of the several moves he is making on the pandemic as his approval ratings sink to historical lows.
< Education, Health, Politics, coronavirus, Joe Biden, pandemic, public schools >
- Business Insider 23:46September 9, 2021Walmart, Amazon, and Kroger will start selling at-home rapid COVID-19 tests at up to a 35% discount starting this weekThe Biden administration on Thursday announced an action plan to help combat COVID-19, which includes vaccine mandates for large employers.
< Retail, Politics, Healthcare, Walmart, Amazon, kroger, rapid test, covid test, coronavirus, vaccination, Pandemic, Healthcare >