- FoxNews 04:32July 1, 2022Supreme Court has done more legislating in last two weeks than Congress in the last two years: Harold Ford Jr.Harold Ford Jr. said "Special Report" that progressives need to be more focused on identifying solutions and paths forward rather than criticizing President Biden.
< 350782a2-5654-53d2-b325-f743b37f4dd4, fox-news/topic/fox-news-flash, fox-news/politics/judiciary/supreme-court, fox-news/person/joe-biden, fox-news/shows/special-report, fnc, fox-news/media, article, Fox News, Fox News Staff >
- Business Insider 04:30July 1, 2022Mifepristone in Moldova: 'Women on Waves" founder wants to use the abortion pill as contraception in the wake of Roe v. Wade reversalDr. Rebecca Gomperts wants to make the abortion pill accessible to every person who can become pregnant — but not as an abortion inducer.
< Politics, Healthcare, Roe v Wade, roe v wade overturn, Abortion Pill, Contraceptive >
- FoxNews 04:15July 1, 2022Lindsey Graham: This is the real assault on Democracy in the United StatesSen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., warned about the Left's plans to pack the court, abolish the Electoral College and do away with voter ID on "Jesse Watters Primetime."
< 7b6ecfa5-768a-582e-aa81-b81956691581, fox-news/media/fox-news-flash, fox-news/media, fox-news/shows/jesse-watters-primetime, fox-news/person/lindsey-graham, fox-news/politics/elections/midterm-elections, fnc, fox-news/media, article, Fox News, Fox News Staff >
- Business Insider 04:06July 1, 202237 countries have expanded abortion access since 2000. By overturning Roe v. Wade, the US is going backward, activist saidRebecca Gomperts, an abortion-rights activist, said the US is now a global outlier after overturning Roe v. Wade.
< Politics, Roe v Wade, roe v wade overturn, Abortion, Supreme Court >
- Business Insider 04:01July 1, 2022Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas repeated misleading claims that COVID-19 vaccines were made using cells of 'aborted children'Fetal cell lines, grown through cells extracted from two elective abortions performed decades ago, have been crucial to modern medicine.
< Politics, covid vaccine, Clarence Thomas, Abortion, coronavirus, COVID-19 >
- FoxNews 03:47July 1, 2022Good Morning America finally deletes tweet praising Justice Jackson as 'the first Black Supreme Court justice'ABC’s “Good Morning America” faced ridicule for reporting that Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson is the first Black Supreme Court justice in U.S. History on Thursday.
< d4f40e3f-99c1-5179-be4b-b818dbdf28e1, fox-news/politics/judiciary/supreme-court, fox-news/tech/companies/twitter, fox-news/media, fnc, fox-news/media, article, Fox News, Lindsay Kornick >
- FoxNews 03:43July 1, 2022Russian strike on Mariupol theater in Ukraine was a war crime, Amnesty International saysRussian forces committed a "clear war crime" when they bombed a theater in Mariupol where hundreds of civilians were sheltering, Amnesty International says.
< bc7d290e-02fd-57a1-8bef-6c81e80f87e2, fox-news/world/conflicts/ukraine, fox-news/world/world-regions/russia, fox-news/politics/defense/wars, fox-news/world/personalities/vladimir-putin, fox-news/world/volodymyr-zelenskyy, fox-news/us/military, fnc, fox-news/world, article, Fox News, Paul Best >
- FoxNews 03:39July 1, 2022California Democrat Rep. Judy Chu arrested at Capitol during pro-choice protestCapitol police arrested Rep. Judy Chu, D-Calif., on Thursday along with 180 other demonstrators for crowding, obstruction or incommoding during an abortion-rights protest.
< 54826360-2e27-5c71-8f6e-c51af6b863bb, fox-news/politics/judiciary/abortion, fox-news/us/us-protests, fox-news/us/washington-dc, fnc, fox-news/politics, article, Fox News, Audrey Conklin >
- FoxNews 03:34July 1, 2022Fed Chair Jerome Powell draws criticism for admitting ‘how little we understand about inflation’U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell received criticism for his comments Wednesday during an interview with Bloomberg Editor at Large Francine Lacqua.
< cf6f5ae3-0632-5a8f-a62a-99fcbd29c259, fox-news/media, fox-news/politics/finance/federal-reserve, fox-news/us/economy, fox-news/us/economy/inflation, fnc, fox-news/media, article, Fox News, Joe Silverstein >
- FoxNews 02:58July 1, 2022Biden's attacks on Supreme Court is 'despicable behavior': Fox News contributor Andrew McCarthyFox News contributors Andrew McCarthy and Jonathan Turley responded to Supreme Court decisions on the EPA and abortion on the "Special Report" legal panel.
< bb4271c9-4e85-551b-ad11-571bae7376ab, fox-news/media/fox-news-flash, fox-news/media, fox-news/shows/special-report, fox-news/politics/judiciary/abortion, fnc, fox-news/media, article, Fox News, Fox News Staff >
- FoxNews 02:47July 1, 2022After Supreme Court loss, pro-choice legal organization calls for 'public health emergency for abortion'Nancy Northup, whose organization defended the abortion clinic in the Dobbs case, penned a Washington Post opinion piece to call for a public health emergency to protect abortion
< 041f7c05-496a-5968-be6e-7c155268cb0d, fox-news/politics/judiciary/abortion, fox-news/politics/judiciary/supreme-court, fox-news/media, fox-news/person/joe-biden, fnc, fox-news/media, article, Fox News, Lindsay Kornick >
- The Independent Feed 02:29July 1, 2022McConnell warns Dems of fallout for reviving Biden billSenate Republican leader Mitch McConnell is threatening to derail a bill designed to boost semiconductor manufacturing in the United States if Democrats revive their stalled climate and social policy package
< US politics, Americas, World >
- FoxNews 02:23July 1, 2022Washington Post releases updated social media policy following Twitter meltdown among staffThe Washington Post revealed its updated social media policy to employees after the paper was rocked by several days of non-stop Twitter warfare among colleagues.
< cfc36e60-b40e-56bb-b313-ef0c13787e21, fox-news/politics/state-and-local/controversies, fox-news/media, fox-news/tech/companies/twitter, fnc, fox-news/media, article, Fox News, Joseph Wulfsohn >
- FoxNews 02:15July 1, 2022NBC News opinion calls for women to strike over abortion: 'Let things fall apart,' then ‘burn it all down’The op-ed called for women to “let things fall apart for just one day” over abortion so that eventually “we’ll have the firepower to burn it all down together."
< 5efcbdf4-283a-597b-a2f6-012d7bf19975, fox-news/media, fox-news/politics/judiciary/abortion, fox-news/politics/judiciary/supreme-court, fnc, fox-news/media, article, Fox News, Alexander Hall >
- Breitbart News 02:14July 1, 2022Joe Biden Insists He Will Not Beg Saudi Arabia to Produce More OilPresident Joe Biden refused Thursday to ask Saudi Arabia to produce more oil to bring down the cost of gasoline in the United States and around the world.
< National Security, Politics, Gas Prices, Joe Biden, Middle East, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine >
- FoxNews 01:59July 1, 2022Listeria outbreak may be linked to Florida, CDC saysAbout 96% of people sickened by listeria during a recent outbreak lived in Florida or had traveled to the state a month before falling ill, the CDC says.
< 54948288-8aaa-533c-b5a1-ff3c3d39931b, fox-news/health/infectious-disease/foodborne-illness, fox-news/us/us-regions/southeast/florida, fox-news/newsedge/health, fox-news/politics/regulation/health-care, fox-news/health/reproductive-health/pregnancy, fnc, fox-news/health, article, Fox News, Paul Best >
- The Independent Feed 01:48July 1, 2022VAT cut ‘proposed by Downing Street to ease cost of living squeeze’No 10’s chief of staff reportedly referred to the move as ‘de-inflationary’
< UK Politics, UK >
- Business Insider 01:46July 1, 2022The Oath Keepers will tell a jury they really believed Donald Trump would turn them into his own, personal militia on Jan. 6Elmer Stewart Rhodes will tell a DC jury he had a perfectly non-seditious reason to be at the Capitol: He thought Trump would federalize the Oath Keepers.
< Politics, Law, Military & Defense, News, Oath Keepers, extremism, Insurrection Act, Department of Justice, Washington DC, Jan 6 insurrection >
- The Independent Feed 01:38July 1, 2022Two former Trump aides accuse Secret Service agent who denied explosive Jan 6 claims of having lied previouslySecret Service says it will make agents available to testify
< US politics, Americas, World >
- FoxNews 01:27July 1, 2022Biden to host virtual meeting with governors to 'protect women's reproductive health' after abortion rulingPresident Biden is meeting with governors from states that moved quickly to protect women's reproductive health after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade.
< 43fbf833-a910-5c2a-8869-6d9c38cf70c0, fox-news/politics/state-and-local/governors, fox-news/politics/judiciary/abortion, fox-news/politics/judiciary/supreme-court, fox-news/politics/executive/white-house, fox-news/person/joe-biden, fox-news/person/gavin-newsom, fnc, fox-news/politics, article, Fox News, Brooke Singman >
- FoxNews 01:24July 1, 2022Ron DeSantis vows to appeal abortion ban ruling to state supreme court: will 'withstand all legal challenges'Florida Governor Ron DeSantis will appeal a court ruling blocking an abortion ban that is set to go into effect on Friday at midnight.
< 2801c5c3-d354-5f4c-8f79-d4aa2f5c9edc, fox-news/us/us-regions/southeast/florida, fox-news/person/ron-desantis, fox-news/politics/judiciary/abortion, fox-news/politics/executive/law, fnc, fox-news/politics, article, Fox News, Peter Aitken >
- Business Insider 01:07July 1, 2022Conservative MPs call for Chris Pincher to lose the whip, resign as MP, following latest groping allegationsChris Pincher resigned as deputy chief whip amid allegations he groped two individuals at a private members' club on Wednesday night.
< Politics, News UK, Boris Johnson, Groping, Groping allegations, Sexual Miscoduct Allegations >
- The Independent Feed 01:05July 1, 2022Capitol Police arrest 181 people including congresswoman at abortion rights protest near Supreme Court‘Lives are at stake and this fight is far from over,’ Judy Chu said in a statement
< US politics, Americas, World >
- Breitbart News 01:00July 1, 2022Exclusive — Matt Schlapp on SCOTUS: Trump Didn't 'Throw One to the Other Team,' Unlike Bush Sr. and Jr.Donald Trump appointed only conservative justices to the Supreme Court, unlike his predecessors George Bush Sr. and Jr., Matt Schlapp said.
< Podcast, Politics, Radio, Abortion, Donald Trump, Matt Schlapp, Roe v. Wade, U.S. Supreme Court >
- FoxNews 01:00July 1, 2022MSNBC's Chris Hayes mocked for claiming Supreme Court is 'now a threat to the planet': ‘Tough break’MSNBC anchor Chris Hayes was ridiculed on Twitter for claiming that the Supreme Court is 'now a threat to the planet' after its recent rulings on Thursday.
< 7385cffd-83e0-5afc-830a-bedbed23aa23, fox-news/politics/judiciary/supreme-court, fox-news/politics/regulation/environment, fox-news/tech/companies/twitter, fox-news/media, fnc, fox-news/media, article, Fox News, Lindsay Kornick >
- The Hill 01:00July 1, 2022Professional American golfers wrong to abandon PGA for LIV GolfAmerican professional golfers on the PGA Tour bolting for big checks on the Saudi-backed LIV Golf League are doing themselves, their chosen sport, and the American communities that have supported them a deep disservice. And the implications go farther than the golf course. In the name of supposed competition and reform, they are selling themselves to...
< Congress Blog, Politics >
- FoxNews 00:59July 1, 2022Fox News Poll: Pride in US down significantlyNational pride in the United States is down with half of Democrats and a majority of Republicans and Independents feeling "dissatisfied with their country."
< eab3c650-310e-5939-984b-f4d59687cfd0, fox-news/columns/fox-news-poll, fox-news/us/education/patriotism, fox-news/politics/elections/republicans, fox-news/us/democratic-party, fnc, fox-news/official-polls, article, Fox News, Victoria Balara >
- New York Magazine 00:50July 1, 2022Supreme Court Agrees to Hear Case That Could Gut Voting RightsOdds are good the conservative majority will confirm total legislative control of redistricting and (more alarmingly) of all election rules.
< politics, early and often, u.s. supreme court, election coup >
- Breitbart News 00:48July 1, 2022Data: Only 1.6% of 'Remain in Mexico' Migrants Have Valid Asylum ClaimsWhile the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) ruled that President Joe Biden can end the Migration Protection Protocols (MPP), commonly known as "Remain in Mexico," federal data reveals that just 1.6 percent of migrants enrolled in the program have ended up having valid claims for asylum to remain in the U.S.
< Immigration, Politics, asylum, border crossers, deportations, illegal immigration, mass immigration, Remain in Mexico, Southern Border, U.S.-Mexico border >
- FoxNews 00:46July 1, 2022Supreme Court ruling limits EPA power, returns it to Congress where it belongsSupreme Court EPA ruling might have sweeping impact to restrict the administrative state. Actions involving the SEC, FCC and crypto might all be reined in.
< dc2b224d-626d-5f5f-963f-198a9bfebeed, fox-news/opinion, fox-news/us/environment/climate-change, fox-news/us/economy/regulation, fox-news/politics/finance/financial-regulation, fox-news/politics/judiciary/supreme-court, fox-news/us/constitution, fox-news/us/energy, fnc, fox-news/opinion, article, Fox News, Iain Murray >
- Business Insider 00:44July 1, 2022A Trump-appointed official who gets an important vote on whether Trump broke election laws spoke at a Texas GOP event where he was billed as a part of the 'Trump Elections Team'Legal experts are concerned about a GOP event in Texas that billed FEC Commissioner Trey Trainor as a key Trump ally. He says he did nothing wrong.
< Politics, News, INSIDER Data, Trump campaign finance, FEC, Federal Election Commission, trey trainor, Donald Trump, politics enterprise, Denton County, Texas, Campaign Finance >
- Business Insider 00:40July 1, 2022Mitch McConnell says he'll kill the bipartisan China bill if Democrats revive their agenda with Joe Manchin and Kyrsten SinemaDemocrats have been trying to woo Sen. Joe Manchin back to the table for months while also seeking to pass a major bipartisan piece of Biden's agenda.
< Politics, Economy, Mitch McConnell, China, Congress, Joe Biden, Economy, Technology, Semiconductors >
- FoxNews 00:34July 1, 2022Halsey responds to fans who left Arizona concert following her speech supporting abortionHalsey responded to fans on social media following Sunday's concert in Arizona where she voiced pro-choice views, prompting some audience members to leave the show.
< d2253d85-c871-5120-91c0-c17ff5852112, fox-news/entertainment, fox-news/entertainment/celebrity-news, fox-news/entertainment/music, fox-news/politics/judiciary/supreme-court, fox-news/politics/judiciary/abortion, fnc, fox-news/entertainment, article, Fox News, Tracy Wright >
- FoxNews 00:34July 1, 2022FLASHBACK: Biden said it's 'dangerous' to 'delegitimize the courts' in 2017President Joe Biden, who harshly criticized former President Donald Trump for attacking federal courts in 2017, characterized the Supreme Court as "destabilizing" Thursday.
< 2c9f3e3e-06ee-5dd4-9dc2-c92461d46e6d, fox-news/person/joe-biden, fox-news/politics/executive/white-house, fox-news/person/donald-trump, fox-news/politics/judiciary/supreme-court, fox-news/person/elizabeth-warren, fox-news/politics/judiciary/abortion, fnc, fox-news/politics, article, Fox News, Thomas Catenacci >
- Business Insider 00:32July 1, 2022GOP. Rep Adam Kinzinger says Cassidy Hutchinson is a 'hero' and has 'more courage than most' Republicans after January 6 testimony"Cassidy Hutchinson is a hero and a real patriot (not a faux 'patriot' that hates America so much they would attempt a coup.)," Kinzinger tweeted.
< Politics, News, Donald Trump, Cassidy Hutchinson, january 6 >
- Business Insider 00:26July 1, 2022Rep. Liz Cheney says she looks forward to the day she can disagree with Democrats: 'That will mean our politics have righted themselves'In a speech on Wednesday at the Reagan Library, Rep. Liz Cheney took an opportunity to warn Republicans calling Donald Trump a "domestic threat."
< Politics, Liz Cheney, Trump, Jan 6 >
- The Independent Feed 00:01July 1, 2022‘We’re fools for not doing it’: Why some LGBT+ Americans are turning to guns amid a rising wave of hateAs threats and violence increase to a fever pitch, some LGBT+ people believe it’s time for their community to embrace the Second Amendment, writes Io Dodds
< US politics, Americas, World >
- FoxNews 00:00July 1, 2022Border Patrol in Rio Grande Valley nab 2 sex offenders, 9 MS-13 gang membersBorder Patrol agents in the Rio Grande Valley in Texas have stopped multiple gang members and sex offenders attempting to enter the United States illegally.
< 10a33e26-e716-56e1-9c27-873cbe3946d4, fox-news/us/immigration, fox-news/us/immigration/border-security, fox-news/us/immigration/illegal-immigrants, fox-news/person/joe-biden, fox-news/politics/judiciary/supreme-court, fnc, fox-news/politics, article, Fox News, Adam Shaw >
- Business Insider 23:58June 30, 2022NATO chief says Finland and Sweden being on the cusp of joining alliance shows Putin made a 'huge mistake' by invading UkraineFinland shares an 830-mile border with Russia, making it a particularly significant addition to NATO.
< Military & Defense, Politics, International, News, Vladimir Putin, NATO, Ukraine, Russia, Jens Stoltenberg >
- FoxNews 23:58June 30, 2022MSNBC, CNN, and more rip Supreme Court over EPA ruling, lament Biden administration lossMSNBC, CNN, CBS, and NBC News figures expressed disappointment at the Supreme Court's ruling as a major blow for the Biden administration's climate agenda.
< 671718b7-f5f1-54c8-8847-94cff10b78b4, fox-news/media, fox-news/politics/judiciary/supreme-court, fox-news/us/environment/climate-change, fox-news/us/energy, fnc, fox-news/media, article, Fox News, Nikolas Lanum >
- FoxNews 23:49June 30, 2022'Anti-democratic' Supreme Court makes ‘mockery of the public will,’ argues NY Times’ Ezra KleinNew York Times columnist Ezra Klein pushed for Americans to question the Supreme Court's "legitimacy" after the court's abortion ruling.
< 181167b9-a298-5173-9933-69b211974faf, fox-news/media, fox-news/politics/judiciary/abortion, fox-news/politics/judiciary/supreme-court, fox-news/organization/the-new-york-times, fnc, fox-news/media, article, Fox News, Kristine Parks >
- Breitbart News 23:46June 30, 2022Reformers: GOP Agenda Must Include Requiring 'Remain in Mexico' at BorderA ruling by the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) that allows President Joe Biden to end the "Remain in Mexico" program at the southern border underscores the need for Congress to codify the policy into federal statute, reformers say.
< Immigration, Politics, catch and release, illegal immigration, Joe Biden, mass immigration, Migration Protection Protocols, Remain in Mexico, SCOTUS, Southern Border, Supreme Court, U.S.-Mexico border >
- FoxNews 23:43June 30, 2022Connecticut secretary of state finds new appointee to complete termCT has filled its empty secretary of state role for the next six months. Mark Kohler will take office July 11 and serve until January.
< 77c065c8-9181-5596-bdcc-f24207d046d9, fox-news/us/us-regions/northeast/connecticut, fox-news/topic/associated-press, fox-news/politics/foreign-policy/secretary-of-state, fnc, fox-news/us, article, Associated Press >
- The Independent Feed 23:42June 30, 2022Chris Pincher ‘groping’ resignation shows Tories are ‘mired in sleaze’, says Angela RaynerThe resignation of the deputy chief whip showed the Conservatives were “mired in sleaze”, Angela Rayner has said.
< UK Politics, UK >
- Breitbart News 23:37June 30, 2022Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell: U.S. Economy 'In Pretty Strong Shape'Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell said that the U.S. economy is "in pretty strong shape" as Americans face record inflation.
< Economy, Politics, economy, Jerome Powell, recession >
- FoxNews 23:22June 30, 2022Republicans, hawks fear border crisis will get worse after SCOTUS 'Remain-in-Mexico' rulingThe Supreme Court decision ruling that the Biden administration can terminate the "Remain-in-Mexico" policy was greeted with disappointment by conservatives.
< 3e83570b-218f-53d2-a84c-bea383c43a4a, fox-news/politics/judiciary/supreme-court, fox-news/us/immigration/border-security, fox-news/us/immigration/illegal-immigrants, fox-news/us/immigration, fnc, fox-news/politics, article, Fox News, Adam Shaw >
- FoxNews 23:21June 30, 2022Nearly half of Americans say Trump should be charged for Jan. 6 Capitol attack: pollA new national poll suggests that 48% of Americans believe former President Trump should be charged with a crime for his role in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol
< c5b92462-2bb1-5e73-864b-300746d2979a, fox-news/us/capitol-protests, fox-news/person/donald-trump, fox-news/politics/house-of-representatives, fox-news/politics, fox-news/politics/house-of-representatives/democrats, fnc, fox-news/politics, article, Fox News, Paul Steinhauser >
- New York Times 23:16June 30, 2022Biden Vows to Back Ukraine ‘as Long as It Takes’ Despite Economic TollNATO leaders concluded a summit with new commitments to a united front against Russian aggression, but they face the challenge of persuading their own people that it’s worth the cost.
< Russian Invasion of Ukraine (2022), United States International Relations, Politics and Government, Economic Conditions and Trends, International Relations, Defense and Military Forces, North Atlantic Treaty Organization, Biden, Joseph R Jr, Putin, Vladimir V, Ukraine, United States, Russia >
- The Guardian(UK) 23:09June 30, 2022Universities to defy government pressure to ditch race equality group‘Line has been crossed’ say English universities, after request to drop scheme identifying barriers to ethnic minority studentsUniversities in England have launched a fightback against government attacks on their autonomy, telling ministers they “crossed a line” by pressurising them to abandon a scheme designed to improve equality on campus.In what may a turning point in the so-called “culture wars” over free speech, Universities UK (UUK) took on the education minister Michelle Donelan after she warned them to reconsider membership of a race equality charter, run by the charity Advance HE. Continue reading...
< Higher education, Students, Michelle Donelan, University administration, Freedom of speech, Education policy, UK civil liberties, Education, Universities, Politics, UK news >
- Business Insider 23:07June 30, 2022GOP Sen. Pat Toomey says Trump's chances of winning the party's 2024 presidential nomination are 'much more tenuous' following January 6 committee hearingsToomey said the Republican Party will likely have a "stronger candidate" than Trump in 2024 on the heels of Cassidy Hutchinson's bombshell testimony.
< Politics, Congress, Pat Toomey, Trump, Donald Trump, Trump administration, january 6, January 6 committee, Capitol Siege >