- The Hill 03:49August 10, 2022Balint poised to become Vermont’s first woman in Congress after primary winBecca Balint, the leader of Vermont’s Senate, is poised to become the state’s first woman in Congress after she was projected to have beat out Lt. Gov. Molly Gray in the Democratic primary for the state’s at-large House seat on Tuesday. The Associated Press called the race at 8:47 p.m. ET. Balint, who would also...
< Campaign, House, 2022 midterms, Becca Balint, Molly Gray, Patrick Leahy, Peter Welch, Vermont House race >
- New York Magazine 17:00August 9, 2022Yuh-Line Niou on Her Especially Personal Run for CongressFrom representation to disability policy, she says there’s a common theme: Courage.
< the city politic, yuh-line niou, ny-10 congressional race >
- The Guardian(UK) 08:00August 9, 2022UK helpline launched for east and south-east Asian victims of racismOrganisers say On Your Side set up in response to dramatic rise in hate crime directed towards ESEA people since start of pandemicA free nationwide 24-hour helpline offering support for east and south-east Asian victims of racism and other forms of hate in the UK has been launched.The On Your Side helpline will be run by specialist advisers to provide tailored and culturally sensitive support. Longer-term support from a trained casework advocate will be offered, with case workers helping people understand their rights and direct them to specialist support services. Continue reading...
< Hate crime, UK news, Race, Society >
- The Guardian(UK) 20:03August 8, 2022Tory peer Michelle Mone settles libel claim ‘for more than £50k’Lawyers confirm both parties have settled differences on a no fault or damages basis in relation to alleged racist claimThe Conservative peer Michelle Mone has paid a settlement understood to be more than £50,000 to settle a libel claim from a former friend of Indian heritage who had previously accused her of sending him a racist message, calling him “a waste of a man’s white skin”.Richard Lynton-Jones sued Lady Mone for libel over comments she made in the media in January after the Guardian first reported the racist and abusive messages she had allegedly sent him in June 2019. Mone’s lawyers confirmed that she and Lynton-Jones had reached a settlement, although they declined to confirm that she had paid him, or how much the settlement was. Continue reading...
< Conservatives, UK news, House of Lords, Race >
- New York Magazine 18:00August 8, 2022Carlina Rivera on What Democrats Get Wrong About Latino VotersA daughter of the Lower East Side runs to represent the district where she grew up.
< the city politic, carlina rivera, ny-10 congressional race >
- The Hill 05:06August 8, 2022Michigan AG requests special prosecutor investigate opponent for voting machine accessMichigan Attorney General Dana Nessel (D) on Friday requested a special prosecutor investigate her opponent’s alleged involvement in a group that gained unauthorized access to voting machines. Politico published a petition from Nessel’s office calling for the special prosecutor after her investigation into the alleged scheme found ties to Matthew DePerno, the presumptive Republican nominee...
< State Watch, Dana Nessel, election fraud, Matthew DePerno, Michigan attorney general race, voting machines >
- The Guardian(UK) 02:06August 8, 2022Revealed: Met police strip searched 650 children in two-year periodAppropriate adults were often absent during the search, and the majority of children were innocentThe children’s commissioner for England has denounced the Metropolitan police’s record on child protection after new data revealed that 650 children were strip-searched over a two-year period and the majority were found to be innocent of the suspicions against them.Dame Rachel de Souza said she was not convinced that the force was “consistently considering children’s welfare and wellbeing” after police data showed that in almost a quarter of cases (23%) an appropriate adult was not present during the search, despite this being a requirement under statutory guidance. Continue reading...
< Metropolitan police, Children, London, UK news, Police, Race, Society >
- The Hill 23:48August 7, 2022Nearly 40 percent of Americans say Trump or Biden second term 'worst thing that could happen'A plurality of American voters think that a second presidential term for either President Biden or former President Trump would be “the worst thing that could happen.” A Yahoo News-YouGov poll found that 37 percent of registered voters in both parties said reelection for Trump would be “the worst thing” for the country, and 35...
< Campaign, 2024, 2024 presidential election, 2024 presidential race, democrats, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, republicans >
- The Hill 22:38August 7, 2022Haley on 2024 run: 'If we don't win in 2022, there won't be a 2024'Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley dodged questions about whether former President Trump should run again in 2024, emphasizing the importance of this year’s midterms. “We should not take our eyes off of 2022. If we don't win in 2022, there won't be a 2024. So we need to stay humble, disciplined,...
< Sunday Talk Shows, 2022, 2022 midterm elections, 2024, 2024 presidential election, 2024 presidential race, Donald Trump, Nikki Haley, Trump >
- Breitbart News 01:15August 7, 2022Exclusive — Watch: Democrat Tom Malinowski Gaslights Constituents on 'Crazy Culture Bullsh*t' Taught in SchoolsDemocrat Rep. Tom Malinowski (D-NJ) is maintaining his erroneous claim that parental concerns over public schooling are "crazy culture bullsh*t," telling his constituents, "I am not going to stand for these MAGA Republicans trying to lower our schools down to the levels of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Florida."
< Education, Politics, Social Justice, Arkansas, Critical Race Theory, Florida, gender theory, House majority, House of Representatives, Marxism, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Texas, Thomas Kean Jr., Tom Kean Jr., Tom Malinowski >
- The Guardian(UK) 18:05August 6, 2022Met denies racism after black man ‘choked’ in illegal stop and searchMetropolitan police apology and £30,000 payout for ‘incident’ on Chiswick Common that left Zac Sharif-Ali ‘gasping for breath’The Metropolitan police is facing a fresh allegation of racism after a black man walking his dog claimed he was choked for 90 seconds in a headlock before being taken back to a police station and strip-searched.Following a decade-long legal battle for justice, the Met last month accepted that Zac Sharif-Ali was illegally stopped and searched by a white officer, PC Duncan Bullock, on London’s Chiswick Common in December 2012. Continue reading...
< Stop and search, Metropolitan police, Police, London, Race, UK criminal justice >
- Business Insider 17:28August 6, 2022A pharmacist who refused to fill a woman's emergency contraceptive prescription did not violate her rights, Minnesota jury rules"I can't help but wonder about the other women who may be turned away," the plaintiff Andrea Anderson said.
< Law, News, Roe v Wade, emergency contraception, Minnesota >
- The Hill 17:55August 5, 2022Fetterman holding first public campaign event since strokePennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman will hold a Senate campaign rally on Aug. 12, his first event since suffering a stroke shortly before his May victory in the Democratic primary. Fetterman’s campaign rally will be held in Erie County, located in the northwestern corner of the state. “Erie County is Pennsylvania’s most important bellwether county,”...
< Campaign, 2022 midterm elections, campaign event, John Fetterman, Mehmet Oz, Pat Toomey, Pennsylvania Senate race >
- Huffington Post UK 13:29August 5, 20228 Best Moments From Kay Burley's Grilling Of Liz Truss And Rishi Sunak
< Politics, Rishi Sunak, liz truss, kay burley, conservative leadership race, rishi-sunak, liz-truss, kay-burley, conservative-leadership-race >
- The Guardian(UK) 08:00August 5, 2022Police racial bias played role in UK Covid fines regime, says reportResearchers say institutional racism probably contributed to ‘differential approach’ to enforcement of powersBias in policing at least partly explains why minority ethnic people were more likely to receive fines for Covid breaches than their white counterparts, research says.The study, seen by the Guardian, was based on in-depth interviews with officers who policed the streets. The officers spoke confidentially to academics from Liverpool University and served in forces in northern England, including Cheshire, Cumbria, Merseyside, Greater Manchester and West Yorkshire. Continue reading...
< Police, UK news, Race, Coronavirus, Health policy, Health, Society >
- The Hill 21:05August 4, 2022Cheney challenger Hageman takes firm stance on 2020: ‘the election was rigged’Harriet Hageman, the top primary challenger to Rep. Liz Cheney (R) for Wyoming's lone House seat, said on Wednesday that the 2020 presidential election was “rigged” against former President Trump, her firmest public stance on the election yet. Hageman was asked at a candidate forum whether she believed the election was stolen, as Trump and...
< Campaign, 2020 presidential election, 2022 midterm elections, Donald Trump, Harriet Hageman, Liz Cheney, Wyoming House race >
- Breitbart News 19:46August 4, 2022Disney Embraces Drag Queens: Marvel Studios 'Ironheart' Casts 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Star Shea CouleeThe Walt Disney Co. swore to devote itself to radical LGBTQ activism, and the company continues to make good on that ominous promise. Marvel Studios has reportedly cast "RuPaul's Drag Race" star Shea Couleé in its upcoming Disney+ series "Ironheart" -- the latest indicator that the studio is making drag culture a prominent component of its entertainment for children.
< Entertainment, Social Justice, Tech, Disney, drag queen, Drag Queens, marvel, Marvel Studios, RuPaul's Drag Race, The Walt Disney Co., Walt Disney Company >
- The Hill 01:26August 4, 2022AAPI political action committee backs Nevada to host first-in-nation Democratic presidential primaryA political action committee that backs Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) candidates on Wednesday expressed its support of Nevada’s bid to host the first-in-the-nation Democratic presidential primary in 2024. “If Nevada were to host the first primary, it would encourage presidential campaigns to engage the AAPI community earlier in the cycle and more meaningfully,”...
< Campaign, 2024 democratic primary, 2024 presidential election, ASPIRE PAC, Bold PAC, Congressional Hispanic Caucus, Democratic Primary, first primary, grace meng, Judy Chu, Nevada >
- Breitbart News 23:10August 3, 2022Kari Lake Leads by 11K+ Votes in AZ Republican Gubernatorial Primary; Results StalledResults are still pending in Arizona's Republican gubernatorial primary, though former Fox 10 Phoenix anchor Kari Lake leads her opponent Karrin Taylor Robson. It is unclear when a winner could be declared.
< Midterm Election, Politics, Arizona, Arizona primary, gubernatorial races, Kari Lake, Karrin Taylor Robson, Maricopa County >
- The Hill 20:10August 3, 2022Mark McCloskey, who waved gun at protesters, garners just 3 percent of GOP Senate primary voteMark McCloskey, who became infamous in 2020 for waving a rifle at Black Lives Matter protesters who marched near his front lawn in St. Louis, lost his bid for a U.S. Senate seat in Missouri on Tuesday night. McCloskey won just three percent of the vote, according to results from the Associated Press, while Missouri's...
< Campaign, Black Lives Matter protests, mark mccloskey, Senate race >
- Huffington Post UK 18:32August 3, 2022Rishi Sunak's Latest Plan To Punish Those Who 'Vilify' UK Is Being Completely Torn Apart
< Politics, Rishi Sunak, conservative, tory leadership race, rishi-sunak, tory-leadership-race >
- The Guardian(UK) 13:45August 3, 2022Bristol bus boycott campaigner Roy Hackett dies at 93Civil rights activist led 1963 protests paving the way for passing of UK Race Relations ActThe civil rights activist Roy Hackett, who was one of the lead organisers of the Bristol bus boycott, has died at the age of 93.The 1963 campaign, which lasted four months, mobilised people across the city to stop using Bristol Omnibus Company buses following its refusal to hire black and Asian people. At the time, a “colour bar” in Britain meant that people from minority ethnic backgrounds could legally be banned from housing, employment and public places. Continue reading...
< Race, Bristol, UK news, World news, Protest >
- Breitbart News 05:40August 3, 2022Attorney General Eric Schmitt Wins GOP Primary for U.S. Senate in MissouriMissouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt has secured the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate in the Show Me State.
< Midterm Election, Politics, Eric Greitens, Eric Schmitt, Missouri, Mitch McConnell, U.S. Senate race, Vicky Hartzler >
- Huffington Post UK 11:27August 2, 2022Liz Truss' Criticism Of 'Attention-Seeker' Nicola Sturgeon Comes Back To Bite Her On Twitter
< Politics, Nicola Sturgeon, liz truss, snp, tory leadership race, nicola-sturgeon, liz-truss, tory-leadership-race >
- Breitbart News 03:04August 2, 2022Donald Trump on Missouri Senate Race: 'ERIC Has My Complete and Total Endorsement'Former President Donald J. Trump announced his endorsement "ERIC" in the Missouri Republican primary for the U.S. Senate after his decision came down to two candidates: former Gov. Eric Greitens (R-MO) and Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt.
< Midterm Election, Politics, Donald Trump, Eric Greitens, Eric Schmitt, Missouri Senate race, Trump endorsements, Vicky Hartzler >
- The Hill 15:05August 1, 2022Trump-endorsed Blake Masters leading Arizona GOP Senate primary race: pollRepublican U.S. Senate candidate Blake Masters is leading the pack in the Arizona GOP primary race by a wide margin, with roughly 40 percent of likely voters backing the Trump-endorsed contender. Masters, a venture capitalist, is ahead by 18 points, with the next Republican candidate, businessman Jim Lamon, earning 22 percent of the vote, according...
< Campaign, Blake Masters, Donald Trump, Senate race >
- FoxNews 12:33July 31, 2022Oklahoma school districts disciplined after allegedly violating Critical Race Theory banTulsa Public Schools and Mustang Public Schools in Oklahoma were disciplined by the state's education board after they violated a new law that prevents critical race theory teachings.
< ceb628e7-4fb5-5c7f-9d23-30ae6465209d, fox-news/us, fox-news/us/us-regions/southwest/oklahoma, fox-news/us/education, fox-news/us/critical-race-theory, fnc, fox-news/us, article, Fox News, Lawrence Richard >
- Breitbart News 04:00July 31, 2022Exclusive – Survey: Support for Missouri GOP Senate Candidate Eric Greitens GrowsFormer Gov. Eric Greitens (R-MO) has maintained his lead in Missouri's Republican primary contest for the U.S. Senate, per a survey.
< Midterm Election, Politics, Eric Greitens, Eric Schmitt, Missouri, survey, U.S. Senate race, Vicky Hartzler >
- The Guardian(UK) 08:00July 30, 2022Manchester police under fire over ‘deeply racist’ tactics ahead of Caribbean carnivalForce issued letters banning people from celebration because of suspected or ‘perceived’ links to ‘street gang’Greater Manchester police has been accused of using “deeply racist” tactics after it banned dozens of people from a Caribbean carnival because it suspected them of links to “a street gang”.The force came under fire after issuing letters to a number of people explaining that they would be refused entry to the celebration because they had been identified as “either a member of a street gang, affiliated to a street gang” or “perceived by others to be associated to a street gang”. Continue reading...
< Greater Manchester, UK news, Manchester, Police, Race >
- New York Magazine 19:10July 29, 2022What the Hell Is Going on With Dr. Oz’s Senate Campaign?Oz is behind in polling and fundraising, and reportedly spent a significant portion of the first post-primary weeks out of state.
< mehmet oz, john fetterman, pennsylvania, pa senate race, u.s. senate, politics, early and often >
- FoxNews 17:33July 29, 2022Oklahoma education secretary blasts 'woke' school officials after revealing graphic library booksSecretary Ryan Walters said on "Fox & Friends" Friday that requiring transparency in schools will lead to the discovery of more "woke" practices.
< ab7e4739-e5cb-5e3f-ad13-35511cc3fb61, fox-news/us/education, fox-news/us/us-regions/southwest/oklahoma, fox-news/us/critical-race-theory, fox-news/media/fox-news-flash, fox-news/shows/fox-friends, fox-news/us, fnc, fox-news/media, article, Fox News, Amy Nelson >
- Huffington Post UK 12:27July 29, 2022Beyoncé's Renaissance Has Landed And It's Officially Black Girl Summer
< Life, summer, race, Beyonce, Music, identity, Blackness, beyonce, music, blackness >
- FoxNews 01:08July 29, 2022Michigan GOP gubernatorial candidate Garrett Soldano hammers Gov. Whitmer over abortion, CRT ahead of primaryIn an exclusive interview with Fox News Digital, Michigan GOP gubernatorial candidate Garrett Soldano blasted Gov. Gretchen Whitmer over abortion and the teaching of critical race theory.
< 02c26f0a-fa68-5f4c-abd3-383fc3e66aed, fox-news/politics/elections/midterm-elections, fox-news/us/us-regions/midwest/michigan, fox-news/person/gretchen-whitmer, fox-news/politics/elections/republicans, fox-news/us/critical-race-theory, fnc, fox-news/politics, article, Fox News, Brandon Gillespie >
- The Hill 23:24July 28, 2022Hillary Clinton endorses Karen Bass in Los Angeles mayoral raceHillary Clinton endorsed Rep. Karen Bass (D-Calif.) Thursday in the Los Angeles mayoral race, saying Bass is a “proven leader” who will be able to solve the city’s problems. Bass, who has served in the House since 2011, is set to face real estate developer Rick Caruso (D) in a runoff in November after the...
< Campaign, 2022 midterm elections, Hillary Clinton, Karen Bass, Los Angeles mayoral race, Rick Caruso >
- The Hill 23:21July 28, 2022Biden officials remind insurers they must cover birth control for freeBiden administration officials on Thursday reminded insurers that they are legally required to cover contraception services at no cost. The Departments of Health and Human Services, Labor, and Treasury issued guidance reminding them of the legal obligation under ObamaCare to provide contraceptive coverage for free. Officials said the guidance was issued in response to increasing...
< Healthcare, Policy, Affordable Care Act, Contraception, HHS, Roe v. Wade >
- The Hill 19:58July 28, 2022Manchin declines to endorse Biden reelectionSen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) on Thursday sidestepped the question of whether he’d endorse President Biden if he ran for a second presidential term in 2024. “If Joe Biden runs again and he is the Democratic nominee, depending on who the Republican nominee is, we will just have to wait and see,” Manchin told NewsNation anchor...
< Senate, Campaign, 2024, 2024 presidential race, Biden, Build back better, build back better act, Chris Cuomo, Inflation Reduction Act, joe manchin, manchin, Obama, Schumer >
- FoxNews 15:50July 28, 2022Discovery of human remains at Florida construction site halts building of upscale communityHuman bones discovered at a construction site in Palm City, Florida, halted building as detectives and anthropologists search the dig site for further signs of remains.
< d2cdabca-11dd-5dcf-995f-9d21c2b42ee3, fox-news/us/us-regions/southeast/florida, fox-news/us, fox-news/us/crime/police-and-law-enforcement, fnc, fox-news/us, article, Fox News, Stephen Sorace >
- FoxNews 23:05July 27, 2022Association of American Medical Colleges slammed for pushing critical race theory on studentsThe Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) recently released standards that force students to study and apply diversity, equity, and inclusion curricula.
< f96ffe6e-a540-59fa-a787-cff53d8b65f3, fox-news/media, fox-news/us/critical-race-theory, fox-news/health, fox-news/health/healthy-living/medications, fnc, fox-news/media, article, Fox News, Brian Flood >
- FoxNews 20:52July 27, 2022Arizona woman clinging to stop sign rescued from floodwatersA 42-year-old woman in Golden Valley, Arizona, was rescued Monday after she was spotted clinging to a stop sign post in waist-deep floodwaters, authorities said.
< e3a84fc5-47a6-5342-ae47-a93102c2a8d1, fox-news/us/us-regions/southwest/arizona, fox-news/us/disasters/floods, fox-news/weather, fox-news/us, fnc, fox-news/us, article, Fox News, Stephen Sorace >
- Guardian 20:41July 27, 2022Uber Eats treats drivers as ‘numbers not humans’, says dismissed UK courierPa Edrissa Manjang is suing company for alleged dismissal based on racially biased facial recognition softwareA delivery driver who is suing Uber Eats in London over his dismissal from the company and claims its facial recognition technology is racially biased says the company treats couriers as “numbers rather than humans”.Pa Edrissa Manjang worked for Uber Eats between November 2019 and April 2021 while employed full-time as a financial assistant. Continue reading...
< Uber, Facial recognition, Employment tribunals, Race, London, UK news, Technology, World news >
- Huffington Post UK 19:55July 27, 2022Kate McCann Returning To Air After Fainting During TalkTV Tory Leadership Debate
< Entertainment, Politics, uktv, tory leadership race, Kate McCann, talktv, politics, tory-leadership-race, kate-mccann >
- The Hill 19:37July 27, 2022Cheney highlights GOP primary opponents’ stances on 2020 election in new adRep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) released a campaign ad on Wednesday to highlight her primary opponents’ denials of the validity of the 2020 presidential election results. The ad shows clips of the candidates speaking at a GOP primary debate late last month, showing three of her competitors raising doubt on the results. The ad opens with...
< Campaign, 2020 presidential election, 2022 midterm elections, campaign ad, election denial, Harriet Hageman, Liz Cheney, Wyoming House race >
- The Hill 18:32July 27, 2022Whitmer’s race moves from ‘toss-up’ to ‘lean Democrat’The nonpartisan election handicapper Cook Political Report moved the Michigan governor’s race from “toss-up” to “lean Democrat” almost a week before the GOP chooses its nominee to take on Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D). The Republican primary has been chaotic, with five candidates, including two of the front-runners, being removed from the ballot after the state...
< Campaign, News, 2022 midterm elections, Cook Political Report, Gretchen Whitmer, lean Democrat, Michigan governor's race, Ryan Kelley, Tudor Dixon >
- The Hill 17:58July 27, 202249 percent in Virginia poll approve of Youngkin's performanceVirginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin (R) has a 49 percent approval among his constituents just a few months into his first year as governor, new polling shows. A poll conducted by the L. Douglas Wilder School of Government and Public Affairs at Virginia Commonwealth University found that 25 percent of Virginians “somewhat approve” of the new...
< State Watch, Glenn Youngkin, Governor, Poll, republicans, terry mcauliffe, Virginia, virginia governor, virginia gubernatorial race >
- The Hill 15:54July 27, 2022Polling shows tight races for governor, Senate in GeorgiaA new Atlanta Journal-Constitution poll shows tight races for governor and senator in Georgia, two of the most-watched battles leading up to November. The poll shows incumbent Gov. Brian Kemp (R) holding a lead over his Democratic opponent, Stacey Abrams, by 5 points, 48 to 43 percent. Pollsters also found that Sen. Raphael Warnock(D) leads...
< Campaign, 2022 midterm elections, Brian Kemp, Georgia Senate race, Herschel Walker, Raphael Warnock, Stacey Abrams >
- FoxNews 15:42July 27, 2022Iran grants bail to American conservationist jailed on espionage charges, report saysMorad Tahbaz, Iranian-American conservationist who also holds British citizenship, has been granted bail after he was convicted of espionage charges in Iran, according to the semi-official ILNA news agency.
< 3777ed0f-f865-5853-9cfd-f9573f78229c, fox-news/world/conflicts/iran, fox-news/world/world-regions/middle-east, fox-news/world/environment, fox-news/world, fnc, fox-news/world, article, Fox News, Stephen Sorace >
- Huffington Post UK 12:22July 27, 2022Rishi Sunak And Liz Truss List Exactly How This Government Hurt The UK
< Politics, Rishi Sunak, liz truss, tory leadership race, rishi-sunak, liz-truss, tory-leadership-race >
- Huffington Post UK 11:48July 27, 2022Mick Lynch Takes Aim At 'Ultra Right Hardliner' Liz Truss Over Her Union Plans
< Politics, liz truss, rail strikes, rmt, tory leadership race, Mick lynch, liz-truss, rail-strikes, tory-leadership-race, mick-lynch >
- The Hill 03:45July 27, 2022Pennsylvania GOP Senate candidate Oz backs same-sex marriage billPennsylvania GOP Senate nominee Mehmet Oz would support legislation to enshrine federal protections for same-sex marriage if elected, his campaign told The Hill on Tuesday. "Dr. Mehmet Oz believes that same sex couples should have the same freedom to get married as straight couples," Oz’s communications director said in a statement. The heart surgeon-turned-television doctor...
< Campaign, News, Senate, David McCormick, Donald Trump, dr. oz, John Fetterman, Mehmet Oz, Pat Toomey, Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania Senate race, Respect for Marriage Act, rfma >
- The Hill 22:51July 26, 2022Schumer says he will back Biden if he runs in 2024Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) says he will support Joe Biden for re-election in 2024 if the 79-year-old president runs for a second term, which some Democrats and analysts say is becoming more of an open question. Schumer said Biden has his full support, but stopped short of declaring his confidence that Biden...
< Senate, 2024 presidential race, Charles Schumer, Joe Biden >