- Business Insider 11:00May 14, 2022The dollar's dominance is here to stay as China's zero-COVID strategy hurts the yuan, a Morgan Stanley strategist saysThe dollar seems like "the cleanest dirty shirt" as the world economy deals with slowing growth and high inflation, according to Morgan Stanley.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, dollar vs. yuan, Dollar, Yuan, Dollar dominance, Reserve currency, Russia Sanctions, US Sanctions, Currency Wars, China, US Economy and Markets, zero-COVID, Currencies, Investing, Finance, Currency, Currency Analysis >
- Business Insider 16:59April 20, 2022Chaos in Chinese markets shows the yuan is no threat to the dollar, veteran economist saysChina "has less leverage in this situation than it postures," TS Lombard chief economist Steven Blitz said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, dollar vs. yuan, Yuan, Dollar, Reserve currency, Currencies, Chinese Economy, US Economy and Markets, Russia Sanctions, US Sanctions, Global Economy, Global Trade >
- Business Insider 17:59April 19, 2022A top US Treasury official lays out 4 reasons why the dollar will remain the global reserve currencyDeputy US Treasury Secretary Wally Adeyemo said Russia has been trying, and failing, to reduce its reliance on the dollar since 2014.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Dollar, Dollar dominance, Dollar Standard, Global Reserve Currency, Reserve currency, Global Currency, Currencies, US Sanctions, Russia Sanctions, Ukraine Conflict, dollar vs. yuan, Yuan, wally adeyemo, US Treasury >
- Business Insider 13:43April 12, 2022'King Dollar' is in no danger of losing supremacy to the yuan or cryptocurrencies because of its dominance in trading, a chief economist says"The reality is the dollar can't be avoided and it will remain the dominant currency in trading and transactions," Harvard fellow Megan Greene wrote.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, crypto, Dollar, Yuan, Renminbi, Currencies, Cryptocurrencies, US Dollar, russia ukraine, Reserve currency, Russia Sanctions, Global Markets and Economy, Global Markets >
- Business Insider 18:47April 1, 2022Goldman Sachs warns the dollar is at risk of losing its dominance, and could end up a lesser player like the UK poundA note from Goldman Sachs is the latest sign investors are concerned about risks to the dollar's global dominance.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Dollar, Goldman Sachs, Currencies, Reserve currency, Russia Sanctions, Sanctions, US Debt, National Debt, Pound sterling, IMF, Global Trade, Russia >