- Business Insider 15:03June 24, 2021Ice-age humans stabbed a cave bear through the head 35,000 years ago. Researchers just found the damaged skull.Russian paleontologists discovered a small cave bear skull with a hole in it. It's strong evidence that ice-age humans hunted the animals.
< Science, News, Russia, Paleontology, Hunting, Features, bear >
- The Guardian(UK) 12:03June 24, 2021British warships might enter Crimean waters again, says ministerAfter incident between UK and Russia, George Eustice denies reports HMS Defender ‘harrassed’UK warships would again be prepared to pass through disputed waters around Crimea, a cabinet minister has said, after Wednesday’s unexpected diplomatic and military clash with Russia in the Black Sea.George Eustice, the environment secretary, reiterated the denial from the Ministry of Defence that no warning shots had been fired at HMS Defender by Russian vessels. Instead a “gunnery exercise” was taking place nearby, which is “not uncommon for Russians to do” in that area, he said.Asked on Sky News if the Royal Navy would enter the waters again, he said “of course, yes”, adding: “We never accepted the annexation of Crimea, these were Ukrainian territorial waters.”Eustice disputed reports from a BBC journalist on board the destroyer that the Russian military had “harassed” the ship, closely following HMS Defender as it passed near Crimea with firing heard in the distance. “This was something quite different,” Eustice said.He added: “Under international law you can take the closest, fastest route from one point to another. HMS Defender was passing through Ukrainian waters, I think on the way to Georgia, and that was the logical route for it to take.“This is a very normal thing, it’s quite common actually … so I think it’s important people don’t get carried away.” Continue reading...
< Military, Defence policy, Royal Navy, Foreign policy, Russia, Ukraine, UK news, Europe, Politics, World news, Water transport >
- The Guardian 04:22June 24, 2021France and Germany want EU summit with Vladimir PutinAfter Joe Biden’s meeting with the Russian president, leaders think the bloc can reset relations and help contain its eastern rivalFrance and Germany have suggested inviting Vladimir Putin to a summit with the EU as part of a broader reset of the bloc’s relations with Russia.The proposal from Emmanuel Macron and Angela Merkel comes after Joe Biden’s Geneva summit with the Russian president, and supporters of the idea argue that European leaders can deliver the same direct messages about Russian behaviour while keeping the door open to compromise and cooperation. Continue reading...
< Russia, European Union, France, Germany, Europe >
- Business Insider 23:52June 23, 2021The smaller, more fearsome warship that will be the 'backbone' of the Russian navyRussia is looking to smaller, but more powerfully armed frigates to become the mainstay of its surface force.
< Military & Defense Contributors, Military & Defense, 19fortyfive, News Contributor, Russia, Russian Navy, guided-missile frigate, Project 22350 >
- Business Insider 22:23June 23, 2021The Russian military has been practicing taking out an enemy carrier strike group in the PacificRussia's ministry of defense shed light on recent drills this week, revealing they were practicing destroying an enemy carrier strike group.
< Military & Defense, International, Russia, Military Exercises, Aircraft Carrier, Pacific, Hawaii >
- Business Insider 18:16June 23, 2021US leaders say China and Russia's military ties are 'phony,' but there still isn't much they can do about themRussia and China have drawn closer to each other due to a shared desire for "what they call a new type of great-power relations," one expert said.
< Military & Defense, International, Nordic, Russia, China, Sino-Russian relations, NATO, InsiderAsia >
- Breitbart News 15:03June 23, 2021Russian Ship, Aircraft 'Fired Warning Shots' Across Bow of British Warship, Claims MoscowA Russian warship and jet interceptor fired warning shots across the path of a British warship on Wednesday afternoon, it is claimed.
< London / Europe, National Security, Black Sea, Crimea, Royal Navy, Russia, Ukraine, United Kingdom >
- Business Insider 15:02June 23, 2021Russia says it fired warning shots and dropped bombs to drive away a UK destroyer in the Black SeaRussia said the Royal Navy destroyer had been warned against violating its borders and sailing into its waters before opening fire.
< Military & Defense, International, Russia, Black Sea, UK, Royal Navy, destroyer, Warning, Bombs >
- The Guardian(UK) 14:22June 23, 2021Russian ship fired warning shots at Royal Navy destroyer, Moscow saysMoscow says shots were fired after HMS Defender entered Russian waters in Black SeaA Russian military ship fired warning shots at British Royal Navy destroyer HMS Defender after it entered Russian waters in the Black Sea and a Russian jet dropped bombs in its path, Interfax cited Russia’s defence ministry as saying on Wednesday.The Defender left Russian waters soon afterwards, having ventured as much as 3km (2 miles) inside, the ministry said. Continue reading...
< Russia, UK news, Royal Navy, Military, World news >
- The Guardian 07:00June 23, 2021Assad forces’ shelling in Syria causes 5,000 civilians to fleeAt least 31 people killed since start of June amid government attacks on Idlib areaAbout 5,000 civilians in the north-west of Syria have been forced to flee their homes after more government shelling targeting the contested area, a local aid agency said.At least 31 people have died since the beginning of June, victims of Bashar al-Assad’s forces hitting civilian buildings in southern Idlib province. The buildings included a hospital, displacement camp school, and a White Helmets headquarters. The number of dead includes three children and a civil defence worker who was killed in an attack on the town of Qastoun on Saturday. Continue reading...
< Syria, Bashar al-Assad, Middle East and North Africa, Turkey, Russia, World news, Europe, Kurds, Aid >
- The Guardian(UK) 20:07June 22, 2021PM does not have to investigate Russian interference, judge saysHigh court rejects attempt to compel Boris Johnson to investigate Kremlin interference in UK electionsA judge has rejected an attempt by a group of MPs and peers to compel Boris Johnson to investigate Russian interference in UK elections, saying their concerns were a “matter for politics rather than the law”.The judge, Mr Justice Swift, said he saw “no distinction” between a controversial talkshow host – or a “shock-jock”, as he put it – and career spies in Moscow seeking to disrupt British democracy. He turned down the cross-party group’s application for a judicial review. Continue reading...
< Law, Brexit, Russia, Espionage, UK security and counter-terrorism, Cyberwar, UK news >
- Business Insider 18:30June 22, 2021The Russian navy is upping its game with a new generation of killer torpedoesRussia's navy and defense industry are steadily developing better and more advanced torpedoes to replace aging weaponry.
< Military & Defense Contributors, Military & Defense, 19fortyfive, News Contributor, Russia, Russian Navy, torpedo >
- The Guardian 01:29June 22, 2021UN warns of worst ‘cascade of human rights setbacks in our lifetimes’Rights chief calls for concerted global action, citing recent violations in China, Russia and EthiopiaThe UN rights chief has called for concerted action to recover from the worst global deterioration of rights she had seen, highlighting the situation in China, Russia and Ethiopia among others.“To recover from the most wide-reaching and severe cascade of human rights setbacks in our lifetimes, we need a life-changing vision, and concerted action,” Michelle Bachelet told the opening of the UN Human Rights Council’s 47th session. Continue reading...
< United Nations, Michelle Bachelet, Human rights, World news, China, Russia, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Uyghurs, Alexei Navalny, Xinjiang >
- The Guardian(UK) 00:03June 22, 2021Denmark thrash Russia to set up last-16 clash with WalesFew teams have ever deserved to make progress as much as Denmark did on a thrilling night in Copenhagen. Players who, just nine days ago, were traumatised to see Christian Eriksen suffer cardiac arrest in the middle of their first match produced a momentous performance on the same pitch, emerging as emphatic victors over Russia to set up a last 16 showdown with Wales.Mikkel Damsgaard and Yusuf Poulsen ignited celebrations before Artem Dzyuba put them on pause, only for Andreas Christensen and Joakkim Mæhle to score spectacular goals and confirm that Denmark as runners-up in Group B. Continue reading...
< Euro 2020, European Championship, Russia, Denmark, Football, Sport >
- Breitbart News 23:20June 21, 2021Exclusive — Pompeo: Putin, Xi, Ayatollah ‘Were Thrilled’ with Biden ‘Weakness’ on World StageFormer Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told Breitbart News that American adversaries like Russian President Vladimir Putin, Chinese dictator Xi Jinping, and Iran’s Ayatollah Khamenei “were thrilled” with the “weakness” on display from President Joe Biden during his first overseas trip.
< Politics, Radio, Ayatollah Khamenei, China, Chinese Communist Party, Climate Change, Iran, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Mike Pompeo, NATO, On the Hill, Russia, Vladimir Putin, Xi Jinping >
- The Guardian(UK) 21:07June 21, 2021Russia v Denmark: Euro 2020 – live!Group B updates from the 8pm BST kick-off in CopenhagenFinland v Belgium – live updates | Tables, fixtures and resultsAnd you can email John or tweet @John_Ashdown 7.07pm BST Russia (3-4-3): Safonov; Diveev, Dzhikiya, Kudryashov; Mario Fernandes, Ozdoez, Zobnin, Kuzyaev; Miranchuk, Dzyuba, Golovin.Denmark (3-4-4): Schmeichel; Christensen, Kjaer, Vestergaard; Wass, Hojbjerg, Delaney, Maehle; Braithwaite, Poulsen, Damsgaard.So Denmark are unchanged from the side against Belgium. For Russia Fyodor Kudryashov replaces Dmitri Barinov. 6.58pm BST Of course, thoughts in Denmark have understandably not really been on goal difference equations and head-to-head complications. If you missed it on Sunday, the Observer had this wonderful piece from Danish journalist Tom Carstensen on the heroes of Copenhagen, how Eriksen’s life was saved and what it meant for the nation.We are so proud of the players and staff and how they have conducted themselves. The team can still progress but no one really cares about that. We are thinking about what is important: Christian Eriksen is alive. Related: The day Denmark stood still: Christian Eriksen’s collapse and the heroes who saved him Continue reading...
< Euro 2020, European Championship, Russia, Denmark, Football, Sport >
- Breaking Defense 16:16June 21, 2021PRC, Russia Professionalize – Without Cloning US NCOsOur adversaries are improving military training and education, but they may not need a Western-style NCO corps to wage the centralized, long-range warfare they prefer.
< Land Warfare, Threats, anti-access area denial, China, military personnel, military training, Russia, TRADOC, Training and Doctrine Command >
- Business Insider 22:07June 20, 2021Chris Christie says 'not much was accomplished' during Biden's trip to Europe, but 'no damage was done'"In the end, not much was accomplished, but no damage was done," Christie said. "That's probably all they were looking for ... to come out unscathed."
< Politics, Chris Christie, President Joe Biden, Vladimir Putin, Russia, Geneva summit, Alexei Navalny, Ukraine Conflict, Cybersecurity >
- New York Times 21:13June 20, 2021Soviets Once Denied a Deadly Anthrax Lab Leak. U.S. Scientists Backed the Story.The accident and a subsequent cover-up have renewed relevance as scientists search for the origins of Covid-19.
< Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), Anthrax, Wuhan Institute of Virology (China), Russia, Yekaterinburg (Russia) >
- The Guardian 14:22June 20, 2021Iran nuclear deal talks resume after Raisi’s election as presidentMajor powers gather in Vienna to take stock of 2015 deal in wake of hardline conservative’s poll victoryMajor powers have convened again in Vienna in a bid to revive the Iran nuclear deal complicated by the election of as president of Ebrahim Raisi, a hardline conservative cleric deeply antagonistic to western values.Israel immediately denounced the incoming Raisi government as a “regime of brutal hangmen” over his involvement in mass executions in 1988 and predicted it would be a pawn in the hands of the supreme leader, Ali Khamenei. Continue reading...
< Iran, Iran nuclear deal, Iran's nuclear programme, Middle East and North Africa, World news, Ebrahim Raisi, China, Germany, UK news, France, Russia, Austria, US news, US foreign policy >
- The Guardian 04:12June 20, 2021Body of missing US student Catherine Serou found in RussiaMan arrested after body of former US marine is discovered in woods near Nizhny NovgorodRussian investigators have detained a man on suspicion of murder after finding the body of a foreign woman identified by media as a missing American student.Russian news agencies identified the woman as 34-year-old US citizen Catherine Serou. Continue reading...
< Russia, Europe, World news, US news >
- Petapixel 20:31June 18, 2021Watch a Woodpecker Methodically Demolish a Wildlife CameraThe Nizhne-Svirsky Nature Reserve in Russia has shared a video that shows a local black woodpecker methodically destroying a camera trap that was hidden in the trees. In a post on Facebook, the Nature Reserve writes that the black woodpecker “easily” discovered the camera, despite its camouflage and spent several days attacking the camera as […]
< Culture, News, cameratrap, destroy, funny, nature, naturereserve, nizhnesvirskynaturereserve, russia >
- New York Times 18:51June 18, 2021Virus Cases Surge Again in Russia, Many From Delta VariantAn outbreak centered in Moscow led to some vaccine mandates and the closing of some public spaces.
< Disease Rates, Politics and Government, Vaccination and Immunization, Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), Moscow (Russia), Russia >
- New York Times 09:00June 18, 2021The Power of Money: How Autocrats Use London to Strike Foes WorldwideEnglish courtrooms have become a battleground — and a source of powerful weapons — in fierce disputes between the tycoons and the politicians of the post-Soviet world.
< Politics and Government, Suits and Litigation (Civil), Legal Profession, Detectives (Private), Assets, Frozen, Courts and the Judiciary, Hogan Lovells, Hardman, Chris, Ablyazov, Mukhtar, BTA Bank, Diligence, Pugachev, Sergei, Corruption (Institutional), England, Russia, Kazakhstan, Alfa Group Consortium, Deposit Insurance Agency (Russia) >
- Business Insider 19:18June 17, 2021Putin says Biden is of 'sound mind,' walking back on Russian disinformation about the president's mental acuityBiden's performance at the summit with Putin in Geneva undermined Russia's past propaganda on the president and his mental health.
< Politics, News, Vladimir Putin, Joe Biden, Russia, Donald Trump >
- Speedhunters.com 19:00June 17, 2021Balls To The Wall At Biķernieki: The 2021 FIA Intercontinental Drifting CupHaving come so far in recent years, the RDS was eager to win the tender for the annual event after their star driver Georgiy ‘Gocha’ Chivchyan won the Cup back-to-back in 2018 and 2019. Also new was the FIA IDC being contested outside of Japan for the first time since its inception. With that said, you might be […]
The post Balls To The Wall At Biķernieki: The 2021 FIA Intercontinental Drifting Cup appeared first on Speedhunters.
< Content, Event Coverage, Arkadiy Tsaregradtsev, Bikernieki Circuit, Daigo Saito, Damir Idiyatulin, ddKaba, FIA IDC, FIA Intercontinental Drifting Cup, FIA International Drifting Cup, flanker-f, Georgiy Chivchyan, Gocha, james deane, Kristaps Bluss, NikNak, Nikolass Bertans, rds, russian drift series, Sergey Kabargin >
- New York Times 08:07June 17, 2021After Putin Meeting, a Biden Trait Shows Itself Again: Stubborn OptimismThe president’s insistence on an “optimistic face” could open him up to criticism. But his allies insist it’s an essential ingredient to making progress.
< Biden, Joseph R Jr, Putin, Vladimir V, United States International Relations, Politics and Government, Arms Control and Limitation and Disarmament, Cyberwarfare and Defense, Russia, United States >
- New York Times 03:56June 17, 2021With Putin, Biden Tries to Forge a Bond of Self-Interest, Not SoulsTheirs seems likely to be a strained and frustrating association, one where the two leaders may maintain a veneer of civil discourse even as they joust on the international stage.
< Biden, Joseph R Jr, Putin, Vladimir V, Russia, United States International Relations, United States Politics and Government, Cyberwarfare and Defense, Russian Interference in 2016 US Elections and Ties to Trump Associates >
- New York Times 01:44June 17, 2021Biden and Putin Express Desire for Better Relations at Summit Shaped by DisputesAfter their first summit meeting, the two leaders described each other with respect but resolved none of the disagreements that have sent U.S.-Russian ties to their lowest level since the Cold War.
< United States International Relations, Biden, Joseph R Jr, Putin, Vladimir V, Geneva (Switzerland), Russia, United States, Arms Control and Limitation and Disarmament, Human Rights and Human Rights Violations, Europe >
- Breitbart News 23:49June 16, 2021Joe Biden Again Uses Pre-Approved Reporter List During Press ConferencePresident Joe Biden said he would be using a pre-approved list or reporters to call on Wednesday at a press conference following his meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
< Media, Politics, CNN, Joe Biden, Kaitlan Collins, RNC, Russia, Vladimir Putin, White House >
- New York Magazine 23:10June 16, 2021Biden and Putin Played Nice TodayThe two leaders met following recent Russian meddling in American elections and U.S. condemnations of the Kremlin’s crackdowns.
< joe biden, vladimir putin, politics, russia >
- Business Insider 22:29June 16, 2021Biden gifts Putin a crystal sculpture of an American bison and custom aviators during their first face-to-face meeting at Geneva summitAviators are President Joe Biden's go-to sunglasses. Russian President Vladimir Putin's new pair was made by Randolph USA.
< Politics, News, White House, Joe Biden, Vladimir Putin, Putin, Russia, united states, Meeting, Geneva, Summit >
- Business Insider 22:23June 16, 2021Putin savored the global spotlight after his direct but largely fruitless meeting with Biden"Bottom line is I told President Putin that we need to have some basic rules of the road that we can all abide by," Biden said.
< Politics, International, News, Vladimir Putin, Joe Biden, Russia, analysis >
- Business Insider 21:55June 16, 2021Putin says 'there is no happiness in life' after his meeting with BidenPutin called his talks with Biden "productive" but still struck a dark tone following his private discussions with Biden.
< Politics, News, valdimir putin, Putin, Joe Biden, Geneva, US-Russia relations >
- Business Insider 21:13June 16, 2021The most memorable and bizarre lines from Putin's whirlwind press conference after meeting with BidenThe Russian leader downplayed the Kremlin's crackdown on dissent and got philosophical at times.
< Politics, President Joe Biden, united states, Russia, Alexei Navalny, Vladimir Putin >
- Business Insider 20:08June 16, 2021Putin justifies imprisoning Navalny by demonizing the Black Lives Matter movement"We saw disorder, destructions, violations of law. We feel sympathy with the USA, but we don't want that to happen on our territory," Putin said.
< Politics, News, International, Vladimir Putin, Russia, Black Lives Matter, Capitol Siege >
- Business Insider 19:07June 16, 2021Images of Biden's meeting with Putin show a cool but cordial dynamic as the president seeks a reset after TrumpTrump's behavior toward Putin repeatedly sparked criticism in Washington and fueled suspicions about the president's loyalties.
< Politics, International, News, Joe Biden, Vladimir Putin, Russia, Geneva, Donald Trump, Helsinki >
- Breitbart News 17:14June 16, 2021White House Scrambles to Walk Back Joe Biden Nod Indicating He Can Trust Vladimir PutinThe White House on Wednesday scrambled to explain what Joe Biden meant when he nodded affirmatively in response to a question about whether or not he could trust Russian President Vladimir Putin.
< London / Europe, Politics, diplomacy, Jen Psaki, Joe Biden, Russia, Vladimir Putin, White House >
- Breitbart News 16:04June 16, 2021Russia Trashes Biden Summit: Not 'Historic,' 'No Expectations'Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov insisted in remarks on Wednesday that the scheduled meeting between President Joe Biden and counterpart Vladimir Putin would yield no significant results and "cannot become historic" or result in "any breakthroughs."
< London / Europe, National Security, Politics, diplomacy, Dmitry Peskov, Joe Biden, Kremlin, Russia, Switzerland, Vladimir Putin >
- The Guardian 15:43June 16, 2021Finland v Russia: Euro 2020 – live!Group B updates from the 2pm BST kick-off in St PetersburgEuro 2020 overview: group tables, results, fixturesGet in touch! Email Daniel your thoughts or tweet @unitedrewind 1.43pm BST Tim Sparv has told BBC that the Finland dressing room was a muted place after the Denmark game, and that “football was not the most important thing that day”. He also says that his team can play a lot better than they did, especially going forward, and hopes to see that against Russia. Reminder: he’ll literally be seeing it – or not – because he’s been dropped. 1.35pm BST Here’s today’s Fiver, on Pogba, Rüdiger, Löw, and the restorative powers of ambivalence. Related: The Euro 2020 Fiver: exfoliating Pogba’s back like a garra rufa fish Continue reading...
< Euro 2020, Russia, Finland, European Championship, Football, Sport >
- Business Insider 13:21June 16, 2021Fiona Hill recalled trying to cause a fire alarm at Trump's 'mortifying' joint press conference with Putin in Helsinki, and said it was a 'great idea' Biden isn't doing oneFiona Hill, top Russia expert at the Trump White Houes, said she wanted to fake an emergency at the 2018 conference because it was going so badly.
< Politics, News UK, Speed desk, Fiona Hill, Russia, Vladimir Putin, Joe Biden >
- The Guardian 10:10June 16, 2021Biden to meet Putin at highly anticipated summit in GenevaTalks come amid tensions between US and Russia, and expected to focus on regional conflicts, climate, Covid and cybersecurityThe US president, Joe Biden, is due to meet Russia’s Vladimir Putin in Geneva in a highly anticipated summit meant to prevent the two countries’ rivalry from descending into open conflict.Biden has said he is seeking “stable, predictable” relations with Russia despite claims that Putin has interfered in American elections, provoked wars with his neighbours, and sought to crush dissent by jailing opposition leaders. Continue reading...
< Joe Biden, Vladimir Putin, Russia, US news, Switzerland, Europe, World news >
- New York Times 01:26June 16, 2021In Geneva, Putin Wants Respect. Biden Might Just Give Him Some.By calling the Russian leader “a worthy adversary,” the president raised expectations in Moscow, but he will expect the favor to be returned.
< Biden, Joseph R Jr, Putin, Vladimir V, Trump, Donald J, Geneva (Switzerland), Russia, Europe >
- Breitbart News 23:15June 15, 2021Vladimir Putin Dismisses Joe Biden as ‘Career Man’ with Fake ‘Macho’ PosturingDuring his first interview with an American news organization in three years, Russian President Vladimir Putin told NBC News on Monday he views President Joe Biden as a political “career man” prone to hollow “macho” posturing, such as an interview last year in which Biden referred to Putin as a “killer.”
< Asia, National Security, Politics, Alexei Navalny, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Russia, Vladimir Putin >
- New York Times 22:40June 15, 2021Once, Superpower Summits Were About Nukes. Now, It’s Cyberweapons.But with the ease of denying responsibility and the wide range of possible attackers, the traditional deterrents of the nuclear age no longer work.
< Cyberattacks and Hackers, Russia, United States, Biden, Joseph R Jr, Putin, Vladimir V, United States International Relations, Europe >
- Business Insider 22:30June 15, 2021Experts say Russia gives hackers a 'tacit blessing' to attack foreign nations - as long as they don't target Russia or its alliesRussia takes a hands-off approach to cybercriminals, experts say, providing them a haven to attack countries including the US, experts say.
< Tech Insider, Politics, News, Russia, Cybersecurity, cyberhacking >
- Business Insider 22:12June 15, 2021Fiona Hill says Russia's hackers 'already declared war' on the US and want to prove they're a 'major cyber force'Hill said Russia is ruthless in terms of its pursuit of intelligence and indifferent to any damage inflicted in the process.
< Politics, International, News, Military & Defense, Russia, Fiona Hill, Joe Biden, Vladimir Putin, cyber attack, Ransomware >
- Breaking Defense 22:00June 15, 2021NATO To Invest In C2 For Strategic Pivot: China Rises As Alliance Threat“China is not mentioned with one single word in the current Strategic Concept,” said NATO SecGen Jens Stoltenberg. “In one [way] or the other, I’m absolutely certain China will be reflected, and the challenges that China poses will be reflected” in the planned 2022 update.
< Allies, Networks / Cyber, Pentagon, Threats, Airbus, artificial intelligence, autonomy, AWACS, big data, Boeing, China, command and control, data analytics, Defense Writers Group, Digital, European union, Global Hawk Block 40, hypersonics, Jens Stoltenberg, Joint All Domain Command and Control, Joint Warfighting Concept, NATO, NATO allies, President Joe Biden, Russia >
- The Guardian 16:21June 15, 2021Joe Biden heads to Geneva for summit with ‘worthy adversary’ Putin – livePresident attends US-EU summit in Brussels this morningReports say Biden has prepared extensively for Geneva meeting No sign of thaw between Russia and US ahead of Swiss summit 2.21pm BST On the 24-hour Russian state news channel, Thursday began as any other might: with a segment about the ageing president of the United States battling back cicadas and then giving a “confused” speech about his upcoming summit in Geneva with Vladimir Putin.“I’ll let [Putin] know what I want him to know,’” said Joe Biden after a cutaway shot of him swatting his neck before boarding Air Force One this week. Related: No sign of thaw between Russia and US ahead of Geneva summit 2.09pm BST Greetings from Washington, live blog readers.Joe Biden continues his first international trip as president today, attending the EU-US summit in Brussels. The US president also met with the king and prime minister of Belgium this morning. Continue reading...
< US politics, US news, US foreign policy, Joe Biden, World news, Russia, Vladimir Putin, Europe >
- Business Insider 12:44June 15, 2021Putin called a former US Marine imprisoned in Russia a 'drunk' who 'got himself s---faced' in an interview ahead of his first meeting with BidenTrevor Reed was sentenced to nine years in prison last July after being convicted of assaulting two Moscow police officers while drunk.
< Politics, Military & Defense, News UK, Trevor Reed, Vladimir Putin, Russia, Joe Biden >