- Business Insider 13:37November 21, 2021Subway co-founder Peter Buck, who turned his $1,000 investment into a multibillion-dollar franchise, dies age 90Billionaire Peter Buck, the last surviving co-founder of Subway, died on Thursday. He started the sandwich franchise with Fred DeLuca in 1965.
< Retail, News, Subway, Business Leaders, Franchise, Fast Food, Billionaire, Weekend BI UK, Retail >
- Life.ru 11:04November 20, 2021Умер сооснователь сети ресторанов Subway Питер БакВ 1965 году именно он дал 17-летнему Фреду ДеЛюку $1000 на открытие конкурента McDonald’s.
< subway >
- Business Insider 18:46November 11, 2021Subway again denies its tuna is altered as it faces another lawsuit with accusations it's not really fishPlaintiffs say that tests revealed pork, beef, and chicken in the tuna samples, but no traces of actual tuna DNA.
< Retail, Retail, Fast Food, Fast Casual, Subway, Tuna, lawsuit >
- Business Insider 14:18November 3, 2021A Subway franchisee said he'd resorted to hiring 14-year-olds because they were the only people applying for jobs, according to a reportUnderstaffed companies have been hiring younger and more inexperienced workers so they can keep their doors open amid the labor shortage.
< Retail, Economy, News, labor shortage, Jobs, Employment, Unemployment, Work, Hiring, Canada, Subway >
- Business Insider 14:19November 2, 2021A Subway franchisee said she pulled her 16-year-old son out of school to work at her store because it was so understaffedThe owner of the Subway store, in Salt Lake City, told Fox 13 she wasn't getting job applications despite raising wages by $2 an hour.
< Retail, Economy, News, labor shortage, Utah, Subway, Salt Lake City, Jobs, Hiring, Employment, Work >
- Business Insider 17:54October 31, 2021I went to Subway for the first time and I struggled to see why its sales are plummetingSubway's sales are slumping, but I was pleasantly surprised by my first visit to the sandwich chain.
< Retail, Life, Features, Subway, Food, Fast Food, Weekend BI UK, Sandwiches, review >
- Business Insider 07:16October 29, 2021I ditched the subway for my commute and bought a $500 electric scooter. I'm saving thousands while having fun and am never going back.My commute went from being costly and boring to cheap and exhilarating. I have fun while not having to depend on the New York City Subway.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Features, Business Visual Features, BITranspo, Travel, Commuting, Electric Scooter, Electric scooters, New York City, new york city subway, Long Island Rail Road, return to office >