- Business Insider 12:23September 22, 2021Virginia's hospitals are filling up with COVID patients. Its rural, unvaccinated population may be the cause.Virginia is split along rural-urban lines, leaving much of its populace unprotected despite the top-line stats, Prof Bryan Lewis told Insider.
< Science, News UK, coronavirus, Virginia, Vaccine, rural america >
- Huffington Post UK 10:22September 22, 2021Family Guy Covid-19 Video Explains Vaccines In A Way We Can All Understand
< Entertainment, COVID-19, Vaccine, Tucker Carlson, Family Guy, Seth MacFarlane, covid-19, vaccine, tucker-carlson, family-guy, seth-macfarlane >
- The Guardian 02:30September 22, 2021Australia Covid updates live: earth tremor felt in Melbourne; city braces for third day of protests; Victoria records 628 cases and three deathsVictorian premier denounces ‘ugly scenes’ ahead of third day of protests; demonstrators warned to stay at home after 62 people arrested; mandatory vaccinations expected for more Victorian sectors; NSW train drivers to strike next week. Follow all the day’s newsRoadmaps out of lockdown: why NSW and Victoria are taking different paths to Covid normalNSW and Vic restrictions; Vic hotspotsVaccine rollout and rates tracker; Cases and data tracker5km and 10km from home map: check your travel radiusGet our free news app; get our morning email briefing 12.30am BST The sizable earthquake, (ABC is now reporting magnitude 6) seems to have been felt as far as Canberra and Lakes Entrance in the east of the state. Felt it here in Canberra as wellEarth tremor in Lakes Entrance... just shook our home for about 15 seconds.No damage but quite a shake and enough to wake up my teenage son! #lovegippsland 12.28am BST OK here is a little more information about the earthquake. Seems to have originated in Gippsland, east of Melbourne. Reportedly it was of magnitude 5.3! WOW!https://t.co/K8SSzLUvxh Continue reading...
< Australia news, Coronavirus, New South Wales, Gladys Berejiklian, Scott Morrison, Daniel Andrews, Melbourne, Victoria, Queensland, Vaccines and immunisation, Protest, Australian trade unions, Health >
- Business Insider 00:44September 22, 2021Tennessee says vaccinated people should be last in line for antibody treatments to save them for the unvaccinatedUnvaccinated residents of Tennessee are being prioritized for the treatment because they're more vulnerable to severe COVID-19.
< Science, News, coronavirus, covid-19 treatment, monoclonal antibodies, Tennessee, Vaccines >
- New York Magazine 00:20September 22, 2021McAuliffe Is Going With the Newsom Playbook in VirginiaMcAuliffe will hammer Youngkin on COVID-19 measures, abortion, and Donald Trump, while the Republican will count on the natural midterm trends.
< politics, elections of 2021, virginia governor's race, terry mcauliffe, glenn youngkin, donald trump, gavin newsom, covid-19 vaccine, covid-19 masks, 2021 california recall, abortion >
- Snopes 22:55September 21, 2021Are 70 Members of Pfizer’s Investment Board Part of the CCP?A list of Chinese-sounding names was circulated with unfounded claims about the pharmaceutical company.
< COVID-19, COVID-19 Vaccine >
- Business Insider 21:53September 21, 20214 leading public-health experts describe what it would take for them to fully return to normal lifeSome experts are holding out for specific COVID-19 case rates or vaccination thresholds. But others aren't relying on metrics at all.
< Science, News, coronavirus, COVID-19 vaccine, covid-19 cases, reopening >
- Breitbart News 19:51September 21, 2021Biden Administration's OSHA Yet to Release Draft for Vaccine MandatesThe U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has yet to release a draft to force private businesses to mandate coronavirus vaccines or implement rigorous testing requirements, nearly two weeks after President Joe Biden made the demand.
< Health, Politics, Science, Bill de Blasio, coronavirus, Joe Biden, OSHA, vaccine mandates >
- Huffington Post UK 19:04September 21, 2021Chaotic Videos Show Anti-Vaccine Protesters In Violent Clash With Police
< News, COVID-19, Australia, Melbourne, anti-vaccine protests, covid-19, australia, melbourne, anti-vaccine-protests >
- Business Insider 18:42September 21, 2021Tucker Carlson baselessly claims the US military is purging 'sincere Christians' and 'men with high testosterone levels' by requiring vaccinesWhile Carlson depicted the vaccine mandate as new and a drastic overreach, it's actually the 18th vaccine mandated by the Department of Defense.
< Politics, Military & Defense, Fox news, Tucker Carlson, coronavirus, vaccine mandates, Political Media, U.S. Military >
- Breitbart News 17:36September 21, 2021JCN's Parker: Biden Vaccine Mandate Framing 'Disingenuous' -- 'It's Really Going to Impact Small Business'Monday, Job Creators Network chief communications officer Elaine Parker discussed the small business advocate's upcoming lawsuit to block the Biden administration's vaccine mandate for businesses with over 100 employees.
< Clips, Economy, Health, coronavirus, Elaine Parker, Fox Business Network, Job Creators Network, vaccine mandate >
- Huffington Post UK 17:06September 21, 2021Boris Johnson Needles Brazil's Anti-Vax President While Promoting Vaccine
< Politics, coronavirus, boris johnson, COVID-19, Jair Bolsonaro, vaccines, boris-johnson, covid-19, jair-bolsonaro >
- Business Insider 15:00September 21, 2021How to carry your vaccine card on your phone so you can leave it at homeMore businesses and events are requiring proof of vaccination. If you're skittish about losing your card, use a photo or an app instead.
< Science, Tech Insider, Strategy, News, vaccine card, COVID, Pandemic, vaccination >
- The Guardian(UK) 14:26September 21, 2021Trials begin on Covid booster jab hoped to protect against new variantsSelf-amplifying mRNA jab aims to trigger immune response towards virus’s spike and non-spike proteinsCoronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageThe first trials have begun of a Covid booster jab that is hoped will offer good protection against a wide range of variants, researchers have revealed.Covid jabs currently used in the UK trigger an immune response towards the coronavirus spike protein, which helps the virus get into human cells. Continue reading...
< Vaccines and immunisation, Coronavirus, Medical research, Science >
- Business Insider 14:03September 21, 2021J&J's vaccine works as well as the Pfizer or Moderna shots after a second dose, study saysTwo shots provided 100% protection against severe Covid-19 and 94% protection against moderate to severe COVID-19, the company said
< Science, News UK, coronavirus, Vaccine, COVID, J&J >
- The Guardian 05:11September 21, 2021Covid-19 has now killed as many Americans as the 1918-19 flu pandemicMore than 1,900 people are dying in the US daily on average – the highest level since early MarchCovid-19 has now killed as many Americans as the 1918-19 flu pandemic – more than 675,000.The US population a century ago was just one-third of what it is today, meaning the flu cut a much bigger, more lethal swath through the country. But the Covid-19 crisis is by any measure a colossal tragedy in its own right, especially given the incredible advances in scientific knowledge since then and the failure to take maximum advantage of the vaccines available this time. Continue reading...
< Coronavirus, Infectious diseases, Vaccines and immunisation, US news >
- Snopes 01:12September 21, 2021Did a Funeral Home Advertise Using the Slogan ‘Don’t Get Vaccinated’?Photographs of a truck advertising "Wilmore Funeral Home" in North Carolina emerged in September 2021. But who was really behind the campaign?
< COVID-19, COVID-19 Vaccine >
- Business Insider 23:23September 20, 2021The daughter of an unvaccinated man who died of COVID-19 says Tucker Carlson and misinformation 'played a role' in his vaccine hesitancy"He watched some Tucker Carlson videos on YouTube, and some of those videos involved some misinformation about vaccines," Katie Lane told CNN.
< News, Science, Speed desk, coronavirus, COVID-19, Vaccine, Death >
- Breitbart News 22:13September 20, 2021White House: Illegal Aliens Do Not Need Proof of Vaccination Because 'Not Intending to Stay'The White House conceded Monday they were not requiring border crossers to show proof of vaccination, even though the government requires proof of a vaccine or a negative coronavirus test for other travelers into the United States.
< Immigration, Politics, Border Crisis, coronavirus, Jen Psaki, Joe Biden, Texas, vaccine mandates >
- Business Insider 22:11September 20, 2021Period changes after COVID-19 vaccines were reported 27,000 times in 9 months, but experts say you should still get a shotA top OB-GYN said menstrual cycle changes after COVID-19 vaccines generally revert back to normal after one or two cycles and won't impact fertility.
< Healthcare, Science, News, Health, coronavirus, Period, Vaccine, COVID-19 >
- Snopes 20:47September 20, 2021Facebook Allows Promotion of ‘Fake Masks’ for Children in SchoolsIn this special investigation, we also found nearly 100 comparisons of mask-wearing to Nazi Germany in the Let Them Breathe Facebook group.
< COVID-19, COVID-19 Vaccine, Facebook >
- Snopes 20:41September 20, 2021US Easing Foreign Travel Restrictions; Vaccinations RequiredThe changes will allow families and others who have been separated by the travel restrictions for 18 months to plan for long-awaited reunifications.
< COVID-19 Vaccine, travel >
- Observer 18:36September 20, 2021Thousands of Women Report Period Delays After COVID-19 Vaccination, Calling for More ResearchThere's no evidence that vaccination affects fertility, experts say.
< Covid-19, Pandemic, Vaccine, vaccine side effect >
- New York Magazine 16:26September 20, 2021COVID Vaccines for 5 to 11-Year-Olds Likely Coming Within WeeksPfizer reports that its shot is effective in trials, and parents everywhere rejoice.
< vaccines, covid-19, coronavirus, pfizer >
- Breitbart News 16:06September 20, 2021Vatican Closes Its Doors to Those Without a ‘Green Pass’The Vatican City State announced Monday that effective October 1 no one can enter its territory without presenting a Green Pass, by order of Pope Francis.
< Faith, London / Europe, Politics, Catholic Church, Green Pass, Pope Francis, vaccine mandate, Vatican >
- Business Insider 16:04September 20, 2021An FDA panel has backed limited use of COVID-19 vaccine boostersThese are Insider's biggest healthcare stories for September 20.
< Healthcare, Dispensed, Insider Healthcare, Newsletters, Vaccines, Pfizer >
- Snopes 15:05September 20, 2021Pfizer Says COVID-19 Vaccine Works in Kids Ages 5 to 11Pfizer said it will seek U.S. authorization for this age group soon -- a key step toward beginning vaccinations for youngsters.
< COVID-19 Vaccine >
- Huffington Post UK 14:00September 20, 2021New Vaccine To Fight Covid Variants Starts Trials In Manchester
< Life, coronavirus, Health, COVID-19 vaccine, health, covid-19-vaccine >
- Business Insider 13:45September 20, 2021Pfizer says its COVID-19 vaccine is safe and likely to work in younger children, and it's planning to ask for permission to use it in kids as young as 5Public-health leaders and plenty of parents have been clamoring for coronavirus vaccines for younger kids.
< Healthcare, Science, News, Health, Pfizer, coronavirus, coronavirus vaccine, Biotech, Pharmaceutical >
- Business Insider 13:26September 20, 2021Fauci says Americans should stay away from COVID-19 booster shots until they're eligibleAfter the FDA refused to back boosters for everybody aged 16 or above, Dr. Fauci said people should wait for a shot until they're officially eligible.
< Science, News, Healthcare, News UK, Vaccine, Fauci, Booster, coronavirus >
- Breitbart News 06:39September 20, 2021Emmys: Hollywood Celebrities Go Maskless Around Face-Covered StaffAs was the case with the Met Gala last week, Hollywood celebrities paraded on the red carpet at the 73rd Emmy Awards at L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles and enjoyed the glamorous ceremony mask-free while staffers, a.k.a. "The Help," endeavored in the background with muzzled faces.
< Entertainment, Cedric the Entertainer, coronavirus, Emmys, Hollywood, masks, Nicki Minaj, Vaccine >
- The Guardian(UK) 22:00September 19, 2021Gordon Brown calls for urgent action to avert ‘Covid vaccine waste disaster’More than 100m doses could be discarded by December if global leaders do not share jabs with poorest countries, warns former PMMore than 100m Covid vaccine doses are due to expire and be “thrown away” unless global leaders urgently share surplus supplies with the world’s poorest countries, Gordon Brown has warned.The “staggering” number of stockpiled “use now” jabs will be of no use to anyone by December, according to a new report from the research group Airfinity. Continue reading...
< Coronavirus, Vaccines and immunisation, Gordon Brown, Society, Politics, Health, World news >
- Breitbart News 17:49September 19, 2021Chuck Todd: Biden Has a ‘Big Credibility Crisis on His Hands’NBC anchor Chuck Todd said Sunday on "Today" that President Joe Biden had a "big credibility crisis on his hands."
< Clips, Media, Politics, Afghanistan, Chuck Todd, Joe Biden, U.S.-Mexico border, vaccine mandates >
- Business Insider 17:16September 19, 2021Fauci says a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for air travel hasn't been 'taken off the table'"We have not yet gotten to the point of requiring vaccinations on domestic flights, but everything is on the table," Fauci said.
< Transportation, Politics, News, Anthony Fauci, Joe Biden, coronavirus, vaccine mandate, air travel, weekend BI US >
- Breitbart News 17:12September 19, 2021MS Gov. Reeves: Biden Vaccine Mandate Distraction from Afghanistan to 'Change the Political Narrative'Governor Tate Reeves (R-MS) said Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union" that President Joe Biden was pushing COVID vaccine mandates to change the political narrative from his falling poll numbers.
< Clips, Health, Politics, coronavirus, Joe Biden, Tate Reeves, vaccine mandates >
- Breitbart News 16:46September 19, 2021Fauci: Biden Did Not Make a Mistake Announcing Boosters for EveryoneChief White House medical adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci said Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union" that President Joe Biden did not make a mistake when he announced booster shots for the general public starting September 20, 2020, which the FDA voted against allowing.
< Clips, Health, Politics, Anthony Fauci, coronavirus, Coronavirus vaccine, Joe Biden >
- Business Insider 16:13September 19, 2021Texas megachurch preacher and Trump devotee says there is no 'credible religious argument' against COVID-19 vaccinesPastor Robert Jeffress of the First Baptist Church in Dallas will not offer religious exemptions to COVID-19 vaccine mandates, AP reported.
< Politics, Healthcare, News, COVID, coronavirus vaccines, vaccine mandates, Religious freedom, Trump, Megachurch, Texas, UK Weekend, News UK >
- Business Insider 15:08September 19, 2021Entitled consumers have terrorized service and retail workers throughout the pandemic, but it was a natural evolution in a culture that promises 'the customer is always right'The pandemic has revealed how much power has been ceded to American consumers - or, more accurately, how much power they believe they should have.
< Retail, analysis, Customers, shoppers, Retail workers, Worker harassment, Pandemic, mask mandates, vaccine mandates >
- Business Insider 14:24September 19, 2021Amazon and Nike are among major brands advertising on websites that spread COVID-19 misinformation, report saysAmazon services ads, along with those from other major companies, were found on more than 30 sites that promoted fake news about COVID-19.
< Retail, News, Weekend BI UK, Amazon, Nike, COVID, fake COVID-19 vaccines, covid vaccines, ASOS, Ted Baker, Tech, Bill Gates >
- Breitbart News 13:35September 19, 2021No Vaccine Rules for Big U.N. Meeting: Free Pass for World LeadersThe U.N. General Assembly will ignore vaccine requirements for attendees at next week's big meeting in New York, snubbing NYC rules for convention centers and public gatherings.
< Health, London / Europe, Politics, coronavirus, Jair Bolsonaro, Joe Biden, Naftali Bennett, U.N. General Assembly, vaccine passport >
- Business Insider 13:24September 19, 2021COVID-19 vaccines impact on menstrual cycles to be investigated after 30,000 women report changesWhilst all data shows that it is safe to take the jab, research has begun to understand why this is happening.
< Science, UK Weekend, COVID-19, COVID-19 vaccine >
- Business Insider 23:21September 18, 2021West Virginia governor says the state will have to 'keep lining the body bags up' if COVID-19 vaccination rates don't improveThe governor won't be mandating the vaccine for residents, but he is "highly encouraging" them to get it amid a sharp rise in cases.
< Healthcare, Politics, COVID, West Virginia, Jim Justice, delta variant, CDC, Vaccine, weekend BI US >
- The Guardian(UK) 21:06September 18, 2021Ministers told to bar EU from UK trial data in vaccines rowEngland’s deputy medical chief asked for data to be withheld unless British vaccine guinea pigs allowed to travel abroad• Coronavirus – latest updates• See all our coronavirus coverageEngland’s deputy chief medical officer asked ministers to withhold all UK clinical trial data from the EU if European countries continued to deny entry to British vaccine trial volunteers, the Observer can reveal.Jonathan Van-Tam made the extraordinary proposal after months of uncertainty for the 19,000 volunteers who are effectively unable to travel to Europe to see family, work or go on holiday because they took part in trials of Novavax and Valneva. Continue reading...
< Vaccines and immunisation, Coronavirus, Medical research, Health, Drugs, Science, Society, European Union, Europe, UK news, World news, Pharmaceuticals industry >
- Snopes 20:24September 18, 2021Do COVID-19 Vaccines Make You Infertile?Here are the facts behind claims of impotency, placenta issues, and swollen testicles.
< COVID-19, COVID-19 Vaccine >
- Business Insider 20:12September 18, 2021Rep. Matt Gaetz suggested Nicki Minaj should be Donald Trump's running mate in 2024Minaj galvanized an anti-vaccine protest after she tweeted skeptical remarks about the COVID-19 vaccines.
< News, Politics, Nicki MInaj, Donald Trump, COVID-19, coronavirus, Vaccines, Trump 2024, Matt Gaetz >
- The Guardian(UK) 18:00September 18, 2021Ed Miliband: honour promises on jabs to poor countries to save Cop26 dealLabour’s shadow business secretary says the government must ‘rebuild trust’ after a series of missteps on way to climate summitBoris Johnson should set out plans to provide Covid-19 vaccinations to all developing countries to achieve a global climate deal, Labour’s shadow business secretary, Ed Miliband, has urged.Only 2% of the population of developing countries have been inoculated, despite promises by rich nations. Ensuring the rest have access to vaccines would build trust with the poor world which is lacking, Miliband said, ahead of the vital UN Cop26 climate talks in Glasgow in November. Continue reading...
< Cop26: Glasgow climate change conference 2021, Climate change, Greenhouse gas emissions, Vaccines and immunisation, Ed Miliband, Boris Johnson, Alok Sharma, Environment, Politics, Coronavirus, UK news, World news >
- Business Insider 17:19September 18, 2021A meteorologist was fired from his TV station after 33 years at the job because he refused to get a COVID-19 vaccine"I have authority over my body," the meteorologist, Karl Bohnak, wrote in a Facebook post announcing his termination.
< Science, News, Health, COVID-19, Vaccine, coronavirus, Michigan, vaccine mandate, Healthcare, weekend BI US >
- Breitbart News 12:10September 18, 2021Exclusive Video: Canadian Populist Leader Says Party Will Win Seats, Force Freedom DebateTORONTO, Canada: Populist People's Party of Canada (PPC) leader Maxime Bernier is confident his party will win seats in Canada's federal election on Monday and said the PPC will force other parties to a debate on freedom.
< Health, London / Europe, Politics, anti-lockdown, Canada, Canada Election 2021, Freedom, Justin Trudeau, Liberal Party of Canada, liberty, lockdown, lockdowns, Maxime Bernier, People's Party of Canada (PPC), Personal Freedom, Personal Liberty, Populism, Populists, Toronto, Vaccine Passports, Wuhan coronavirus >
- The Guardian(UK) 11:06September 18, 2021Coronavirus live news: holiday bookings expected to surge after England travel rules change; clashes at Melbourne protestsThomas Cook chief executive predicts this weekend will be biggest of the year so far; about 1,000 protesters gather in Melbourne as state records 535 casesPeople with chronic conditions most at risk from Covid even after jabsVictoria police and anti-lockdown protesters in violent clashesFreshers’ week drive to give Covid jabs to students in EnglandSee all our coronavirus coverage 9.02am BST Unvaccinated university students have been urged to get a Covid jab in freshers’ week to protect themselves and their peers against the virus, PA reports. The NHS’s top doctor has called on freshers to get the vaccine at pop-up clinics and walk-in centres set up by universities before their courses begin.Starting university is a really exciting time and getting your Covid vaccine means you will be armed with maximum protection against the virus.With many universities set to run pop-ups and walk-ins throughout the first weeks of term it has never been easier to get protected, so I urge anyone yet to be vaccinated to take up the offer as soon as possible.We welcome this reminder to students from Professor Powis, which echoes messages from universities to their students that they should make every effort to get vaccinated before the start of the university year. 9.02am BST Victoria police clashed with anti-lockdown protesters in Melbourne on Saturday afternoon, as the Australian state recorded another 535 new coronavirus cases and one death.About 1,000 protesters gathered in the north-eastern suburbs of Richmond and Hawthorne, forced to make a last-minute change of location after 2,000 police officers formed a “ring of steel” around the Melbourne CBD. Related: Victoria and NSW Covid lockdown protests: violent clashes as police arrest demonstrators Continue reading...
< Coronavirus, World news, Vaccines and immunisation, Society, Health >
- Business Insider 00:01September 18, 2021Pfizer and Moderna have revealed the way they're tracking how long vaccine protection lastsProtection from Pfizer and Moderna's COVID-19 vaccines wanes over time, but not all experts think it's time for boosters yet.
< Science, News, coronavirus, COVID-19, Vaccines, FDA, booster shot, Pfizer, Moderna, Delta, variant, CDC >