- Petapixel 17:24September 10, 2021Laowa Argus 35mm f/0.95 is the ‘World’s Fastest’ Full-Frame LensVenus Optics has announced the Laowa Argus 35mm f/0.95, a lens it claims is the fastest ever designed for full-frame cameras. It is available for Sony E, Nikon Z, and Canon RF mounts. Venus Optics claims that the Argus 35mm f/0.95 is the first full-frame 35mm lens with an f/0.95 aperture, which must be a […]
< Equipment, News, 35mm, canon, canonrfmount, fullframe, fullframelens, laowa, laowaargus35mmf095, manualfocus, manualfocuslens, nikon, nikonzmount, sony, sonyemount, venusoptics >
- Petapixel 19:31August 27, 2021Laowa Adds Four Mirrorless Lens Mounts to Seven Existing LensesVenus Optics has announced that Nikon Z, Canon RF, Leica L, and Canon EOS-M mount options have now been added to seven existing Laowa lenses. Earlier this year, Venus Optics announced four popular Laowa lenses for Leica L-mount: two wide-angle lenses, the 4mm f/2.8 Fisheye and the 9mm f/2.8 Zero-D, and two macro lenses, the 24mm f/14 2X Macro […]
< Equipment, News, canoneosm, canonrf, eosm, laowa, laowa24mmf14, laowa25mmf28, laowa4mmf/28, lmount, lmountalliance, nikonz, venusoptics >
- Observer 22:19August 18, 2021Newly Discovered Tomb Proves Greek Theater was Alive and Well in PompeiiThe newly discovered tomb of Marcus Venerius Secundio, a former slave turned performer, provides the first evidence that Greek theater was performed in Pompeii.
< cremation, Greek theater, Pompeii, skeleton, Temple of Venus, Tomb >
- Observer 14:00August 11, 2021EleVen byVenus Williams x Carbon38’s Collab Serves Up Tennis Style for on and Off the CourtThe tennis-inspired collection has arrived at the perfect time.
< activewear, athleisure, Carbon38, eleven by venus williams, slideshow, Sports, Tennis, tennis clothes, Tennis Fashion, tennis skirts, U.S. Open, U.S. Open 2021, us open, workout clothes, workouts >
- Petapixel 18:46July 16, 2021Venus Optics Unveils 14mm f/4 Zero-D Lens for Canon and Nikon DSLRsVenus Optics has announced a new Laowa 14mm f/4 Zero-D (zero distortion) wide-angle manual focus prime lens for Nikon and Canon DSLRs. The company says that it uses a completely different optical design from the mirrorless version of the lens. Venus Optics says that the Laowa 14mm f/4 Zero-D DSLR lens is designed specifically for […]
< Equipment, News, canonef, dslr, dslrlens, laowa, laowa14mmf4zerod, laowa14mmf4zeroddslr, nikonf, prime, venusoptics, wideangle >
- Petapixel 18:58July 13, 2021Panasonic Managed to Squeeze More Dynamic Range Out of GH5 Mark IIAccording to data on Photons to Photos, while the Panasonic GH5 Mark II uses the same sensor as the previous GH5, the company has somehow managed to squeeze even more dynamic range out of it and notably surpassing the original GH5. As spotted by 43Rumors, from data derived from DXOMark’s Photographic Dynamic Range Chart, Photons […]
< Equipment, News, dynamicrange, microfourthirds, olympus, panasonic, panasonicgh5, panasonicgh5markii, photonstophotos, sensor, venusengine >
- Business Insider 01:31July 13, 2021Mars and Venus will appear just a finger's width apart in the night sky on Monday and Tuesday. Here's how to see it.Mars and Venus will be a mere half-degree apart, or about the width of an index finger at arm's length, in the sky on Monday and Tuesday nights.
< Science, News, Mars, Venus, Planets, NASA, Astronomy >
- Petapixel 17:51June 11, 2021Venus Optics Unveils Automatic Aperture Version of 7.5mm f/2 MFTVenus Optics has launched a version of the Laowa 7.5mm f/2 for Micro Four Thirds (MFT) that includes a chip that provides metadata in EXIF as well as allows aperture control digitally through the camera. Originally launched in 2017, Laowa claimed the 7.5mm f/2 MFT was the widest rectilinear f/2 lens for micro four thirds. […]
< Equipment, News, aperturecontrol, automaticaperture, laowa, laowa75mmf2mft, mft, microfourthirds, newlens, updatedlens, venusoptics, wideangle >
- Business Insider 04:04June 11, 2021Europe is sending a probe to Venus, teaming up with NASA to rocket 3 missions to the planet in the next 15 yearsVenus used to be a lot like Earth, but something turned it into an inhospitable pressure cooker. NASA and the ESA want to find out what happened.
< Science, News, Tech Insider, European Space Agency, NASA, Venus, Spacecraft, Spaceflight, Planets, Solar System, Space Exploration >
- Business Insider 19:54June 4, 2021We asked a physicist to break down Serena Williams' iconic serveSerena Williams is one of the greatest athletes of all time. She's dominated tennis for over 10 years thanks to her iconic serve.
< Sports, Video, Video, Serve, ace, Tennis, Women, Sport, Science, Physicist, Power, accuracy, Spin, acceptance window, angular acceptance, dominate, ball, topspin, Magnus Effect, U.S. Open, Wimbledon, French Open, Australian Open, Grand Slam, Arthur Ashe, back hand, Serena Williams, Venus Williams >
- The Guardian(UK) 01:29June 3, 2021Nasa plans return to Venus with two missions by 2030Nasa sets aside $1bn for two ventures, which will be first US exploration of the planet since 1989Nasa is returning to Venus for the first time in more than three decades to gain a better understanding of the history of what scientists believe could have been the first habitable planet in the solar system.Plans for two separate and ambitious deep space missions to Earth’s nearest neighbour were announced on Wednesday by the head of the US space agency, Bill Nelson. Launches were targeted for a 2028-2030 time frame, he said. Continue reading...
< Nasa, Venus, Space, Science, US news, World news >
- Business Insider 00:12June 3, 2021NASA is finally returning to Venus with 2 new spacecraft that will land on and map the 'inferno-like world'By orbiting Venus and plunging to its surface, NASA's new missions could reveal how the planet became so hellishly hot, and whether it hosts life.
< Science, News, Tech Insider, Space, Venus, NASA, Space Exploration, Spaceflight, Extraterrestrial Life >
- Huffington Post UK 12:28June 2, 2021Venus Williams 'Drops The Mic' With Fierce Take On Naomi Osaka
< News, Mental Health, Tennis, venus williams, Naomi Osaka, mental-health, tennis, venus-williams, naomi-osaka >
- Business Insider 14:40May 29, 2021Los Angeles to Tokyo in an hour - a Texas startup is building a Mach 12 hypersonic plane that could dramatically reduce travel timesVenus Aerospace, a Houston startup, said it was building a Mach 12 hypersonic aircraft capable of travelling from Lost Angeles to Tokyo in an hour.
< Transportation, Space, Weekend BI UK, Venus Aerospace, Houston, Texas, Space >
- Business Insider 21:15May 25, 2021Russia plans to launch a nuclear-powered spacecraft that can travel from the moon to JupiterRussia is building a nuclear-powered 'space tug' that can transport heavy cargo in deep space. The planned mission will last 50 months.
< Science, News, Russia, Roscosmos, Space, Venus, Jupiter, Moon, Nuclear Power >
- Business Insider 00:43May 5, 2021A NASA probe detected a strange radio signal in Venus' atmosphere last year. Astronomers have figured out where it came from.After detecting a radio signal near Venus, a NASA's Parker Solar Probe got data from the planet's atmosphere for the first time in decades.
< Science, News, Space, Venus, NASA, Science Contributor, ScienceAlert, Parker Solar Probe >
- Flashbak 12:44May 4, 2021When Gas was 15c a gallon – US Filling Stations 1937-1942Before the ubiquitous gas stations people bought gasoline literally out of a barrel at a grocery or hardware store. Some of which even offered gasoline home delivery in five-gallon jugs. The world’s first purpose-built gas station was built in St. Louis, Missouri in 1905 at 420 South Theresa Avenue. Although the Smithsonian magazine says that … Continue reading "When Gas was 15c a gallon – US Filling Stations 1937-1942"
The post When Gas was 15c a gallon – US Filling Stations 1937-1942 appeared first on Flashbak.
< 1930s, 1940s, Cars, photographs, Photojournalism, Albert Freeman, Arthur Rothstein, Bemidji, Benton Harbor, Cleveland, David Myers, Dorothea Lange, Edcouch Texas, Esther Bubley, Florida, Frederick, Gas Stations, gasoline, Gettysburg, Greyhound Bus, Howard R Hollem, Jackson, John Vachon, Kentucky, Kern County California, Louisiana, Louisville, Marion Post Wolcott, Maryland, Michigan, mid-west, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Osage, Paul Bunyan, Pennsylvania, petrol, Russell Lee, ST Louis, USA, Venus, Virginia, Washington DC, West Virginia >
- Petapixel 19:32May 3, 2021Venus Optics Launches Laowa Argus 33mm f/0.95 for APS-C CamerasVenus Optics has officially launched its latest lens: the Laowa Argus 33mm f/0.95 CF APO prime lens for Sony, Fujifilm, Canon, and Nikon mirrorless APS-C cameras. The company says that the “Argus” name is derived from the name of a Greek mythological guardian with a hundred eyes and “all-seeing” vision. The Argus series of lenses […]
< Equipment, News, 33mm, apo, apochromatic, apsc, apsclens, canonrfmount, fujifilmxmount, laowa, laowaargus33mmf095cfapo, nikonzmount, primelens, sonyemount, venusoptics >
- Petapixel 23:39March 29, 2021Laowa Unveils 1.33x Rear Anamorphic Adapter, 1.4x Full Frame ExpanderVenus Optics has announced the 1.4x Full Frame Expander and 1.33x Rear Anamorphic Adapter in PL to PL mount. The anamorphic adapter expands the filming canvas to a 2.35:1 cinematic widescreen ratio on a 16:9 sensor and the 1.4x Full Frame Expander expands the coverage from Super35 into full-frame. In the case of both adapters, […]
< Equipment, News, adapter, anamorphic, cinemalenses, converter, filmmaking, laowa, laowa133xrearanamorphicadapter, laowa14xfullframeexpander, pllenses, plmount, venusoptics >
- Petapixel 00:11March 16, 2021Laowa 15mm f/4.5 Shift Lens: Perfect for Architecture Photography?Photographer and content creator Manny recently tried out the Laowa 15mm f/4.5 Shift Lens which, while clearly very niche, he argues can be used very effectively for architecture photography in this 12-minute video. The Laowa 15mm f/4.5 was announced late last year and was called the widest shift lens for full-frame cameras. It is available […]
< Equipment, News, 14mmf45shift, 14mmf45zerodshift, architecture, distortion, fullframe, imagecircle, laowa, laowa14mmf45zerodshift, newlens, perspective, shift, venusoptics, venusoptics14mmf45shift >
- Business Insider 19:29March 4, 2021What's really going on inside an insect-munching Venus flytrapVenus flytraps catch prey faster than you can blink. When a bug brushes against trigger hairs, electrical signals tell the two pads to slam together.
< Science, Video, Video, Science, Bugs, Insects, Spiders, Nature, Animation, Biology, Venus flytrap, Science Insider, video format what's inside >
- Petapixel 01:06March 2, 2021Laowa Unveils Five New Mirrorless Lenses Including APS-C 33mm f.0/95Laowa has made a considerable splash at CP+, unveiling five new lenses: a 25mm f/0.95 lens for Micro four Thirds, a 33mm f/0.95 APO lens for APS-C, and the full-frame 35mm f/0.95, 45mm f/0.95, and 12-24mm f/5.6 lenses. Because it is the only lens that received a set of supporting image examples, let’s start with […]
< Equipment, News, canonrfmount, fujixmount, laowa, laowa1224f56, laowa25mmf095, laowa33mmf095, laowa35mmf095, laowa45mmf095, leicammount, microfourthirds, mirrorlesslenses, newlenses, nikonzmount, sightron, sightronjapan, sonyemount, venusoptics >
- Petapixel 18:43February 19, 2021Laowa Adds 11mm f/4.5 for Canon RF and 65mm f/2.8 Macro for Nikon ZVenus Optics is continuing to add support for more mounts and today the 11mm f/4.5 FF RL (full-frame rectilinear) lens is available for Canon RF mount and the Laowa 65mm f/2.8 2x Ultra-Macro APO is available for Nikon Z mount. The Laowa 11mm f/4.5 FF RL was previously available for Leica M-mount, L-mount, Nikon Z-mount, […]
< Equipment, News, canonrf, canonrfmount, laowa11mmf45ffrl, laowa65mmf28, mirrorlesslenses, nikonz, nikonzmount, venusopticslaowa11mmf45ffrl >