- Business Insider 20:28May 17, 2022China just saw a record bond sell-off. Now its main trading platform isn't publishing foreign debt trades, report says.The China Foreign Exchange Trade System last provided trade data by overseas traders on May 11, people familiar with the matter told Bloomberg.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, China, Yuan, Currencies, Bonds, Chinese yuan, Debt >
- Business Insider 19:01May 16, 2022The IMF is lifting its weighting of the US dollar and Chinese yuan in its basket of special international reservesThe dollar's weighting went up to 43.38% from 41.7%, and the yuan's climbed to 12.28% from 10.92%, the IMF said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Dollar, Yuan, IMF, Currency, SDR, SDRs >
- Business Insider 11:00May 14, 2022The dollar's dominance is here to stay as China's zero-COVID strategy hurts the yuan, a Morgan Stanley strategist saysThe dollar seems like "the cleanest dirty shirt" as the world economy deals with slowing growth and high inflation, according to Morgan Stanley.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, dollar vs. yuan, Dollar, Yuan, Dollar dominance, Reserve currency, Russia Sanctions, US Sanctions, Currency Wars, China, US Economy and Markets, zero-COVID, Currencies, Investing, Finance, Currency, Currency Analysis >
- Business Insider 18:14May 9, 2022China's yuan hits 18-month low against the dollar as Beijing's Covid lockdowns drag economy and US bond yields climbThe yuan's onshore price slipped to 6.7321 against the dollar, the worst exchange rate since November 2020.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Dollar, Yuan, Currency, China, Beijing, Central Bank, Bonds, US Dollar >
- Business Insider 06:17April 29, 2022China and Russia are working on homegrown alternatives to the SWIFT payment system. Here's what they would mean for the US dollar.China has ambitions to make the yuan the most dominant reserve currency in the world, but it has a long way to go.
< Politics, Economy, News, Russia, Ukraine, Ukraine War, Sanctions, swift, China, US Dollar, Ruble, Chinese yuan >
- Business Insider 17:59April 28, 2022China's yuan will sink to a 2-year low in the months ahead as investors flock to the dollar, Bank of America saysChina's slowing economy, the Fed's plans to rapidly hike rates, and rising commodities prices will all weigh on the yuan, Bank of America said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, dollar vs. yuan, Yuan, Renminbi, China Economy, Global Economy, Currencies, Bank of America, BOFA, Dollar, US Economy and Markets, Federal Reserve, Interest Rates, CNY >
- Business Insider 17:52April 25, 2022Beijing seeks to halt the yuan's slide as China's currency hits a 17-month low against the dollarBeijing is lowering the required ratio of foreign-currency holdings for Chinese banks as it tries to curb a plunging yuan.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, China, Yuan, dollar vs. yuan, Dollar, Currency >
- Business Insider 21:31April 22, 2022The dollar's reserve status has taken a hit in recent years, while China's yuan has seen its share rise, JPMorgan findsThe dollar's share of global currency reserves has fallen since the US-China trade war, but the yuan's has risen, JPMorgan analysts wrote Friday.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Yuan, Dollar, Currency, Central Bank, Fed, China, US Dollar >
- Business Insider 16:29April 22, 2022The Chinese yuan is 'stable and healthy' despite recent volatility and record outflows, top Beijing official saysDespite the yuan suffering its biggest weekly drop against the dollar since 2015, a Chinese foreign exchange official said the currency is stable.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, China, Yuan, Currency, Dollar, Federal Reserve >
- Business Insider 15:02April 22, 2022China's yuan is set for its worst weekly drop against the dollar since 2015, as investors rush back to the US"Foreign money leaving the China equity and bond markets is in danger of becoming a flood," one market analyst said of the dangers to the yuan.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, dollar vs. yuan, Yuan, Chinese yuan, Renminbi, RMB, CNY, CNH, Dollar, Chinese Economy, US-China, US Economy and Markets, Federal Reserve, Global Economy >
- Business Insider 16:16April 21, 2022Euro payments suffered the worst hit in 10 years last month amid the war in Ukraine, while Chinese-yuan transactions also declined as the US dollar remained dominantDuring March, the global share of euro and yuan transactions dropped, while the dollar held on to the top stop as the dominant currency.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Dollar, Yuan, Currencies, Russia, Ukraine, Euro, China >
- Business Insider 16:59April 20, 2022Chaos in Chinese markets shows the yuan is no threat to the dollar, veteran economist saysChina "has less leverage in this situation than it postures," TS Lombard chief economist Steven Blitz said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, dollar vs. yuan, Yuan, Dollar, Reserve currency, Currencies, Chinese Economy, US Economy and Markets, Russia Sanctions, US Sanctions, Global Economy, Global Trade >
- Business Insider 16:32April 20, 2022Israel adds China's yuan for the first time ever while cutting its dollar holdings in biggest currency reshuffle in a decadeFor the first time ever, they yuan is part of Israel's central bank reserves, and its allocation for US dollars has been cut.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, China, Israel, Dollar, Yuan, Currencies, Trade >
- Business Insider 16:14April 20, 2022China-Russia trade has jumped 30% so far in 2022, but much of the surge came before Ukraine invasionThe surge in trade shows "the great resilience and internal dynamism of bilateral cooperation," said China's Vice Foreign Minister Le Yucheng.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Putin, Xi, China, Russia, Moscow, Ukraine, Dollar, Yuan, Trade >
- Business Insider 17:59April 19, 2022A top US Treasury official lays out 4 reasons why the dollar will remain the global reserve currencyDeputy US Treasury Secretary Wally Adeyemo said Russia has been trying, and failing, to reduce its reliance on the dollar since 2014.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Dollar, Dollar dominance, Dollar Standard, Global Reserve Currency, Reserve currency, Global Currency, Currencies, US Sanctions, Russia Sanctions, Ukraine Conflict, dollar vs. yuan, Yuan, wally adeyemo, US Treasury >
- Business Insider 16:54April 15, 2022China frees up $83 billion in cash for its banks as the economy faces its slowest growth in 3 decadesChina cut its reserve requirement ratio for commercial banks. The move should push 530 billion yuan ($83.19 billion) of liquidity into the economy.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, People's Bank of China, Chinese banks, Yuan, China Economy >
- Business Insider 18:45April 13, 2022While the US explores digital currencies, China's eYuan is already in 15 cities. But experts say Beijing and Washington aren't actually competing in the same race.Experts break down how the currencies of the world's two largest economies compete, and why they each might want a digital currency.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, China, digital yuan, Dollar, Currency, Central Bank Digital Currency, CBDC >
- Business Insider 13:43April 12, 2022'King Dollar' is in no danger of losing supremacy to the yuan or cryptocurrencies because of its dominance in trading, a chief economist says"The reality is the dollar can't be avoided and it will remain the dominant currency in trading and transactions," Harvard fellow Megan Greene wrote.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, crypto, Dollar, Yuan, Renminbi, Currencies, Cryptocurrencies, US Dollar, russia ukraine, Reserve currency, Russia Sanctions, Global Markets and Economy, Global Markets >
- Business Insider 21:18April 11, 2022Russia's central bank was cutting dollar reserves and adding yuan and euros even before the war, report saysBefore invading Ukraine, Russia was already cutting dollar reserves and adding yuan and euros to its central bank holdings.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Yuan, Dollar, Currency, Ukraine, Russia, Central Bank, Gold >
- Business Insider 20:06April 8, 2022China's yuan is replacing the dollar and euro in Russian bank accounts amid Western sanctions, report saysRussian banks are seeing a sharp uptick in business clients opening accounts with China's yuan instead of dollars or euros, a March survey found.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Dollar, Yuan, Russia, Central Bank, Ukraine, War, dollar vs. yuan >
- Business Insider 16:28April 7, 2022China is buying Russian energy with its own currency, marking the first commodities paid for in yuan since Western sanctions hit MoscowIt's the latest drift away from the dollar as Saudi Arabia and China mull a yuan-based oil deal, while Russia and India eye a ruble-rupee pact.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Yuan, Dollar, Russia, Oil, Gas, Energy, Commodities >
- Business Insider 15:35March 31, 2022Sanctions on Russia could eat away at the dollar's global dominance and boost the use of crypto, IMF saysAs countries turn to other currencies in international trade, "fragmentation at a smaller level is certainly quite possible," Gita Gopinath told the Financial Times.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Currency, Currency Analysis, currency analyst, Currency Market, IMF, IMF Economist, Dollar, Dollar General, US Dollar, US dollar index, Russia, Russia bonds, Russia 24, Ukraine, Ukraine crisis, Eastern Europe, Ruble, China, Yuan, crypto, cryptocurrency, digital assets >
- Business Insider 15:15March 26, 2022With the US dollar's dominance in question, here's how China's yuan could become a global reserve currency — and why it wouldn't be all bad"But whether the yuan could be perceived as a store of value — a safe haven during uncertainty or war — that is a much more difficult thing."
< Markets, MI Exclusive, China, Yuan, Dollar, Currency, Russia, Bonds, Markets, Economy >
- Business Insider 18:05March 25, 2022The US dollar's global standing as the top reserve currency has lost ground to China's yuan and others, says IMFThe dollar share of international reserves has declined over the past two decades, while the yuan has gained ground, according to an IMF report.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Economy, Dollar, Currency, Yuan, China >
- Business Insider 15:15March 19, 2022An economist explains why Saudi Arabia and China are looking to ditch the dollar in a new oil deal — and where Beijing could target next as it spreads yuan adoption"A potential deal in yuan is a sign that the world is looking for some counterweight to the US dollar," said a Boston College economist.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Dollar, Yuan, Currency, China, Saudi Arabia, Oil, Russia, Ukraine >
- Breitbart News 01:53December 9, 2021Exclusive — Sen. Marsha Blackburn: U.S. Athletes Should Not Be Sent to China Olympics for CCP GlorificationAmerican athletes should not participate in the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, China, Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) said on Wednesday.
< Asia, Politics, Radio, Beijing, China, Chinese Communist Party (CCP), Marsha Blackburn, Olympics, On the Hill, Xi Jinping, Yuan >
- Business Insider 19:00November 11, 2021E-commerce giant JD.com accepts China's digital currency for world's biggest shopping eventAccording to JD, over 100,000 customers have paid using China's digital currency on the JD shopping app during Singles Day.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, China, CBDC, digital yuan, cryptocurrency, crypto >
- Business Insider 20:31November 10, 2021'Britcoin' moves closer to becoming reality after the Bank of England says it will launch a consultation on the digital pound in 2022The UK central bank is asking for views on the merits of it issuing its own digital currency, which wouldn't launch until 2025 if approved.
< Markets, Markets, MI Exclusive, crypto, crypto adoption, crypto allocation, cryptocurrency, cryptocurrency adoption, CBDC, cbdcs, Nigeria, Bahamas, China, digital yuan, Bitcoin, Bank of England, britcoin >