- AdWeek 01:44January 14, 2022Marcoms M&A—Get Ready for Another Record-Breaking YearWith 2021 reported as a record-setting year for merger and acquisition (M&A) deal volumes in the marcoms sector globally, it looks like the year ahead is set to be more of the same--another year of big business awaits. And the year has begun in earnest as already in the first two weeks of 2022 we...
< Mergers & Acquisitions, Voice >
- AdWeek 13:53January 12, 2022Media.Monks Strengthens Data Capabilities With 4 Mile Analytics MergerMedia.Monks has completed its first merger deal of the year with 4 Mile Analytics as it expands its data and digital media capabilities. The merger will see the Californian-based data consultancy join the holding company S4 Capital's fold to bring in its analytics capabilities--as well as data engineering, governance, software engineering, UX design and project...
< Data & Insights, Mergers & Acquisitions >
- AdWeek 15:20January 10, 2022The Attempted Takeover of M&C Saatchi Described as ‘Unusual’The bid to takeover M&C Saatchi by its director and deputy chair Vindoka 'Vin' Murria through her acquisition company AdvancedAdvT Limited (AdvT) has been described as an "unusual" situation, with shareholders said to be unimpressed by the move. Murria, who previously founded and was CEO of Advanced Computer Software Group plc, was appointed to the...
< Mergers & Acquisitions >
- Business Insider 21:52January 1, 2022Trump-appointed FDIC chair will resign after battle with Democratic bank regulatorsThe departure of Jelena McWilliams comes as CFPB head Rohit Chopra said that she sought to block attempts to review rules regarding bank mergers.
< Politics, Economy, News, Jelena McWilliams, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, FDIC, Banking industry, Biden administration, Rohit Chopra, Consumer Protection Financial Bureau, CFPB, Mergers And Acquisitions, michael hsu, Martin Gruenberg, Donald Trump, weekend BI US >
- Breaking Defense 21:12December 29, 2021For Space Force, it’s acquisition, acquisition, acquisition: 2022 PreviewIn 2022, the Pentagon will need to see real movement on acquisition reform to reduce long understood vulnerabilities that have been essentially ignored for many years.
< Space, commercial space, Congress, Frank Calvelli, Frank Kendall, missile warning, Next Generation Overhead Persistent Infrared Next-Gen OPIR, space acquisition, Space Acquisition Executive, Space Development Agency, space resilience, space resiliency, Space Warfighting Analysis Center (SWAC), Year in Review 2021 >
- Breaking Defense 21:22December 28, 2021For national security space, running to stand still: 2021 In ReviewUS leaders this year faced difficult decisions against a backdrop of rapidly growing challenges from potential adversaries, and a booming commercial space sector that innovation-wise is leaving the Defense Department and the Intelligence Community in the dust.
< Space, allies, classification, commercial space, Congress, Gen. James Dickinson, Gen. Jay Raymond, Gen. John Hyten, Joint All Domain Command and Control, Joint Warfighting Concept, National Geospatial Intelligence Agency, National Reconnaissance Office, National Space Council, space acquisition, Space Acquisition Executive, space command, Space Force, Year in Review 2021 >
- Business Insider 11:42December 23, 2021Chamath Palihapitiya's 4 blockbuster SPAC mergers have tumbled 32% this year as investors ditch flashy growth stocksClover Health has plunged 76% in 2021, and Virgin Galactic is down 36%, in a tough year for billionaire investor Chamath Palihapitiya's SPAC mergers.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Chamath Palihapitiya, chamath, SPACs, SPAC bubble, SPAC deals, Virgin Galactic, Opendoor, SoFi, Clover Health, special purpose acquisition company, Blank-Check Company, US stocks, Stock Bubble, Growth stocks, SPAC performance, SPAC King, 2021, Tech stocks, tech stock pullback >
- AdWeek 19:20December 22, 2021Triller Enters Reverse Merger With SeaChange, Goes Public, Becomes TrillerVerzA sea change is in the air at Triller, as the content and technology platform said it entered into a definitive agreement for a reverse merger with video streaming and advertising technology company SeaChange International, with the combined company to be known as TrillerVerz once the transaction is complete, expected sometime during the first quarter...
< Mergers & Acquisitions, Social Pro Daily >
- Business Insider 17:02December 22, 2021SIGN UP NOW: How treating your workforce as an asset can unlock growthThis virtual event features discussions with leaders on the value of the employee, the talent model, and building DEI in the workplace. Sign up today!
< Workplace, Employee experience, Productivity, Talent Acquisitions, DEI, Insider Events, es-adobeconference21 >
- Business Insider 00:40December 21, 2021Crypto and blockchain deals soared 131% in 2021 in a 'defining' year for the sector, according to a reportGalaxy Digital made the first $1 billion deal in the crypto space while Coinbase had the most M&A deals in 2021.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, crypto, m&a, Mergers And Acquisitions, Galaxy Digital, Coinbase >
- Breaking Defense 21:00December 20, 2021Exclusive: Space acquisition shop set for another re-org, following Congress-backed SWAC modelThe Space Warfighting Analysis Center has started laying out force designs for critical operations, but will SSC be able to transition those blueprints into real-world acquisition programs, Lockheed Martin’s Eric Brown asked.
< Congress, Space, Frank Kendall, Gen. Jay Raymond, Gen. Michael Guetlein, space acquisition, space and missile systems center, Space Systems Command, Space Warfighting Analysis Center (SWAC) >
- Breaking Defense 18:14December 17, 2021Space Force at two: ‘Still a toddler,’ with all that brings“We made it clear when we stood this up that it is going to be an evolutionary process, and that we just stood up the bare bones in the first year — because it’s hard enough to do that,” Rep. Mike Rogers said. “And we’re putting the flesh on the bones each year trying to mature it in a slow and pragmatic fashion, and do it right.”
< Congress, Space, Booz Allen Hamilton, Gen. Jay Raymond, lockheed martin, Rep. Jim Cooper, Rep. Kay Granger, Rep. Mike Rogers, Sen. James Inhofe, space acquisition, Space Acquisition Executive, Space Force, space resilience, Space Systems Command >
- Business Insider 16:59December 17, 2021An executive of the SPAC taking Trump's media company public is suing for 'brazen fraud', report saysBrian Shevland said he had been in the running for a board seat and that he was an integral part of the deal to take Trump's media firm public.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, DWAC, Digital World Acquisition Corp., Trump Media and Technology Group, Donald Trump, Patrick Orlando, SPAC >
- AdWeek 23:05December 16, 2021Spotify Acquires Podcast Technology Platform WhooshkaaAudio streaming platform Spotify said Thursday that it acquired Whooshkaa, a podcast technology platform based in Australia that gives brands, broadcasters, independent creators and publishers the means to distribute, host, monetize and track their on-demand audio efforts. Radio broadcasters in particular can tap a specialized tool from Whooshkaa to turn their existing audio content into...
< Audio & Podcasting, Mergers & Acquisitions, Social Pro Daily >
- AdWeek 15:02December 16, 2021Digital Agency Croud Acquires Verb Brands and impakt AdvisorsDigital marketing agency Croud has announced the acquisitions of luxury performance agency Verb Brands--which will offer a new service element within the parent company--just days after it bought impakt Advisors, the data and analytics company. Croud has agreed to both deals following funding made by private equity investment firm LDC in November 2019, which has...
< General, Independent Agencies, Mergers & Acquisitions >
- AdWeek 14:28December 16, 2021MediaLink Sold to United Talent Agency in $125 Million DealMediaLink, the media and marketing advisory firm, has been acquired by talent and entertainment company United Talent Agency (UTA) in a deal worth $125 million in cash with founder Michael Kassan remaining as chief executive. The company, founded in 2003, works with businesses to identify potential areas of growth around areas such as marketing transformation,...
< Mar Tech, Mergers & Acquisitions >
- Business Insider 18:57December 14, 2021Nike buys virtual shoe studio RTFKT as more big brands position themselves for metaverse push"We're acquiring a very talented team of creators with an authentic and connected brand," said Nike of its purchase of RTFKT.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Nike, Nike RTFKT NFT studio, Nike RTFKT Studio, Nike buys RTFKT, Nike NFT market, Nike metaverse, Nike RTFKT acquisition, Nike acquires RTFKT >
- Breaking Defense 17:21December 14, 2021BAE Systems, Inc., CEO Tom Arseneault on COVID, JADC2 and defense budget optimism“I think there’s not going to be an appetite for large scale M&A in in the defense industry,” the BAE Systems Inc. CEO said, while noting smaller add-ons will continue.
< Land Warfare, Networks / Cyber, BAE Systems, COVID-19 coronavirus, industry, mergers and acquisitions, Reagan Defense Forum 2021, Tom Arseneault >
- Breaking Defense 23:21December 13, 2021New defense budget commission could be last hope for fixing DoD spendingThe new independent panel will make legislative and policy recommendations to reform the budgeting process “to enable the United States to more effectively counter near-peer competitors.”
< Congress, Pentagon, 2022 NDAA, acquisition, op-ed. op-eds. commentary >
- Business Insider 17:31December 13, 2021Arena Pharmaceuticals soars 97% as Pfizer to spend $6.7 billion to buy ulcerative colitis drug developerArena's stock surge comes after the price this year had dropped by 35%.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Arena Pharmaceuticals Pfizer acquisition, Arena Pharmaceuticals, Arena Pharma stock price, ARNA stock price, pfizer stock price, PFE Stock price, Arena Pfizer $6.7 billion deal, Arena Pfizer M&A deal >
- The Guardian(UK) 18:37December 10, 2021LV= members block US private equity takeoverControversial approach by Bain Capital pitted group’s leaders against campaigners and politicians in year-long battleMembers of mutual insurer LV= have blocked a controversial takeover by US private equity firm Bain Capital.Only 69% of members who cast ballots on Friday approved of the £530m takeover offer from Bain Capital, scuppering a year-long campaign by the LV=’s board to secure backing for its preferred bidder. Continue reading...
< Insurance industry, Mergers and acquisitions, Business, Private equity, UK news, US news, Corporate governance >
- Business Insider 15:33December 10, 2021SEC chief Gary Gensler says he's asked staff to propose tougher SPAC rules so that investors aren't sucked in by hype"The investing public may not be getting like protections between traditional IPOs and SPACs," Securities and Exchange Commission Chair Gensler said on Thursday.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Gary Gensler, SEC, SEC Chairman, SEC Chairman Gary Gensler, SPAC, SPAC deals, SPAC investing, SPAC regulation, Regulation, blank check companies, Blank check, special acquisition purpose company, Regulations, consumer protection >
- AdWeek 20:30December 7, 2021Twitter Scoops Up Quill to Spruce Up Its DMsTwitter's first acquisition under new CEO Parag Agrawal is messaging platform Quill. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. The Quill application will shut down, with users having until 1 p.m. PT/4 p.m. ET Saturday (Dec. 11) to export their message histories, and the team from Quill will join Twitter's experience team to work on...
< Mergers & Acquisitions, Social Pro Daily >
- AdWeek 19:35December 7, 2021Pinterest Acquires Video Creation and Editing App VochiPinterest acquired video creation and editing application Vochi with the aim of enabling its creator community to bring more quality video content to the platform. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Vochi will continue to be available as a standalone app, for now. Pinterest head of creators engineering Bin Liu said in a...
< Mergers & Acquisitions, Social Pro Daily >
- AdWeek 13:40December 6, 2021AKQA Acquires Made Thought to Form Design Collective The New StandardWPP is to form a new design entity within the AKQA Group called The New Standard, following the acquisition of branding and design agency Made Thought. The formation of The New Standard sees Made Thought join with Universal Design Studio and industrial design studio Map Project Office under the umbrella to collaborate when necessary but...
< Design, General, Mergers & Acquisitions >
- Guardian 02:03December 3, 2021$75bn takeover of chip designer Arm by rival Nvidia in jeopardyUS regulators move to block ‘the largest semiconductor chip merger in history’The $75bn takeover of Cambridge-based chip designer Arm by its rival Nvidia is in jeopardy after US regulators followed the UK and Europe in moving to block “the largest semiconductor chip merger in history”.The Federal Trade Commission has sued to stop the takeover of Arm, which has ballooned in value from $40bn to $75bn since the offer was made last September due to a stock market surge in the chip sector, as seemingly almost insurmountable opposition now mounts after regulator action in Europe and the UK. Continue reading...
< Arm, Mergers and acquisitions, UK news, Business, Technology >
- Business Insider 17:33December 2, 2021Digital World Acquisition Corp. jumps 29% as merger partner Trump Media eyes $1 billion fundraiseTrump Media & Technology Group is already in line to receive $293 million if its deal to go public through Digital World is completed.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, DWAC stock price, Digital World Acquisition Corp. stock price, Digital World Acquisition Corp. Trump SPAC, DWAC fundraising $1 billion, Trump SPAC raising $1 billion, Trump SPAC DWAC Reuters report, Trump Media and Technology Group, Truth Social Trump >
- Breaking Defense 23:01December 1, 2021Pentagon IP office lacks support, expertise: GAOThe Pentagon’s small IP Cadre office is facing challenges since its establishment in 2019.
< Congress, Pentagon, Defense Acquisition University, Ellen Lord, Government Accountability Office, intellectual property, Philip Rodgers >
- Breaking Defense 18:20November 30, 2021Bill LaPlante to be tapped as Pentagon acquisition and sustainment chiefLaPlante served as the Air Force’s top acquisition official from 2013 to 2015.
< Congress, Pentagon, acquisition, Bill LaPlante, Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment >
- AdWeek 18:11November 30, 2021British Competition Authority Rules Meta Must Sell GiphyMeta Platforms, previously Facebook, has been ordered to sell digital platform Giphy by the British competition watchdog which has ruled that the $400 million merger "has resulted or would result in a substantial lessening of competition." The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has said that the merger that was announced in May 2020 is anticompetitive...
< Mergers & Acquisitions, Platforms >
- AdWeek 17:08November 30, 2021WPP Acquires Cloud Commerce Group to Merge With Wunderman ThompsonWPP has acquired British technology company Cloud Commerce Group (CCG) to enhance its commerce credentials for clients. The ecommerce business CCG aims to help brands market, sell and deliver to customers working with marketplaces including Amazon, Wayfair, Etsy and Ebay, while also supporting hundreds of retailers and wholesalers across Europe through its software integration. It...
< Ecommerce, Mergers & Acquisitions, Retailing >
- AdWeek 14:15November 30, 2021MSQ Group Acquires Design Firm Elmwood to Merge With Holmes & MarchantAgency group MSQ has acquired international design firm Elmwood in a seven-figure deal that will see it merge with the group's Holmes & Marchant to create a new global design agency model. The acquisition of Elmwood, which employs around 200 people across its offices in London, New York and Singapore, has been supported through private...
< Design, Mergers & Acquisitions >
- Business Insider 18:59November 24, 2021Microsoft just memorialized its failed attempt to buy Nintendo in 1999 by sharing a letter it sent the Japanese gaming giantIn 1999, when Microsoft execs approached Nintendo about buying the company, Nintendo reportedly "just laughed their asses off" before saying no.
< Tech Insider, Entertainment, Video Games, Gaming, Microsoft, Nintendo, Xbox, Bill Gates, Acquisition, Mergers And Acquisitions, Purchase >
- Breaking Defense 17:18November 19, 2021It’s time for the Pentagon to prioritize near-term acquisition fixes over systemic changeWhen Ellen Lord exited the Pentagon in January, she left plenty of major acquisition issues for her predecessor. But that predecessor hasn’t appeared. After an aborted nomination of Mike Brown for the role, the Biden administration has yet nominate anyone for the key acquisition & sustainment job. As a result, says former Pentagon official Jeff…
< Pentagon, acquisition reform, Defense Innovation Unit, op-ed. op-eds. commentary, Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment >
- Business Insider 21:02November 18, 2021Elizabeth Warren is asking the SEC to investigate the Trump SPAC deal over potential securities violationsSPAC deals "are often structured to exploit retail investors to the benefit of large institutional investors such as hedge funds," Warren said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Elizabeth Warren, Stock Market, Trump, SPAC, Digital World Acquisition spac Trump, stock market 2021, Trading, Finance >
- Petapixel 18:29November 16, 2021Vitec Has Acquired Backdrop Manufacturer Savage UniversalVitec Imaging Solutions, the company that owns Gitzo, Lowepro, Manfrotto, Joby, Syrp, and many other photographic brands, has announced that it has acquired Savage Universal, a major manufacturer of studio backdrops. Savage Universal, based in Phoenix, Arizona, is one of the global market leaders in photo backgrounds (otherwise known as backdrops) for professional studios. The […]
< Industry, News, acquisition, backdrops, manfrotto, photostudios, professionalstudios, savagebackdrops, savageuniversal, studiobackdrops, vitec >
- Business Insider 17:37November 15, 2021Mattress firm Casper to be taken private by PE firm Durational Capital Management in a deal valuing the company at roughly $286 millionRumors have swirled of a possible deal in recent weeks, and follows Casper disclosing plans to raise capital in a recent S-3 filing.
< Retail, Finance, Advertising, Casper, Tempur Sealy, Private Equity, Acquisition, DTC >
- AdWeek 14:38November 15, 2021Media.Monks Strengthens in Italy, Merging With Content Business MiyagiMedia.Monks has merged with creative content marketing agency Miyagi, which will see it form its content practice in Italy. The deal will add to the S4 Capital-owned business and integrate the strategy, creativity and production expertise of Miyagi into Media.Monks, with Miyagi's staff of 70 based in Milan joining the group. Founded in 2013 by...
< Content Marketing, Mergers & Acquisitions >
- Business Insider 00:19November 13, 2021SCOTT GALLOWAY: Here are the companies I predict will get acquired - and by who - in 2022Tech giants are buying up smaller media firms left and right because of one very valuable asset: their audiences.
< Opinion, Tech Insider, Nordic, Scott Galloway, Prof G, Opinion, acquisitions, Media companies, PayPal, Apple, Amazon, Contributor, Contributor 2021 >
- The Guardian(UK) 20:53November 12, 2021Tory treasurer could net millions from controversial LV= takeoverSecrecy obscures fees already paid to Malik Karim’s investment bank for advice on pension firm’s demutualisationWhat is LV= and why does its takeover matter?The Conservative party’s new treasurer could make millions of pounds from the controversial takeover of the pensions and insurance mutual LV= by an American private equity firm.The proposed buyout has enraged some Conservative MPs – and could put them at odds with Malik Karim, an investment banker, who was named Tory treasurer in September, responsible for building the party’s election war chest. Continue reading...
< Conservatives, Mergers and acquisitions, Pensions industry, Insurance industry, Private equity >
- Breaking Defense 23:01November 11, 2021At Dubai Air Show, Israeli firms see big business in historic rivalsA warming of relations between Israel and Gulf nations provides a window for eager defense contractors.
< Global, acquisition, bahrain, defense contractor, Dubai Air Show 2021, Israel, middle east, saudi arabia, UAE >
- Petapixel 18:31November 11, 2021Zenfolio has Acquired Website-Building Platform FormatZenfolio has announced that it has acquired Format, one of the leading website-building platforms and marketplace hosts primarily used by professional photographers and artists. The value and details of the transaction were not recealed. Zenfolio says that with the acquisition, the two companies now provide the most comprehensive service offering to photographers and artists, leveraging […]
< Industry, News, Websites, acquisition, business, format, industry, merger, portfoliobuilder, portfoliowebsite, website, websitebuilder, zenfolio >
- Business Insider 16:49November 11, 2021Big expectations, exits, and a rushed union are still testing the $14 billion Teladoc-Livongo merger one year inThese are Insider's biggest healthcare stories for November 11.
< Healthcare, Newsletter, Newsletters, Dispensed, Healthcare, Health, Livongo, Teladoc, Merger and Acquisitions, COVID, COVID-19, coronavirus, Vaccine, Lyme Disease, Insider Healthcare >
- Breaking Defense 18:36November 5, 2021Pentagon rolls out v2.0 of controversial CMMC programDoD said it will be “increas[ing] oversight of professional and ethical standards of third-party assessors.”
< Networks / Cyber, Pentagon, acquisition, CMMC, cybersecurity, Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification, DFARS, Jesse Salazar >
- Breaking Defense 17:41November 5, 2021Bahrain’s new AH-1Z attack helos matter as much for politics as firepowerWhile it’s comforting to imagine that US hardware will only be directed at terrorists and Iranian threats, “Bahrain’s history of suppressing internal dissent with external weaponry suggests that these choppers may end up serving a police function during times of crisis, as well.”
< acquisition, air force, Air Warfare, Allies, Global, helicopters, Middle East, Threats, AH-1Z Viper, bahrain, Bahrain Defense Forces, Bahraini Air Force, Bell Textron, middle east, Naval Air Systems Command NAVAIR, TOW missile, US troops >
- AdWeek 22:01November 3, 2021Stagwell Inc. Announces Third Quarter Revenue Growth Driven by MDC MergerStagwell Inc. (STGW) today announced strong revenue in the third quarter, driven by its recent MDC Partners merger and growth across most segments. Stagwell's total revenue reached $466.6 million in the third quarter ending September 30, up from $228.1 million in the same period last year, an increase of 104.6%. The company's pro forma organic...
< Earnings Reports, Media Agencies, Mergers & Acquisitions >
- AdWeek 00:14November 3, 2021American Eagle Beefs Up In-House Fulfillment With Quiet Logistics DealAs supply chain challenges persist, apparel retailer American Eagle Outfitters announced it is acquiring a supply chain startup, Quiet Logistics, for $350 million. The startup has provided fulfillment services for American Eagle for about a year. Quiet Logistics runs a network of warehouses in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas, St. Louis and Jacksonville, Florida. Per...
< B-to-C, Fashion & Apparel, Mergers & Acquisitions >
- Business Insider 20:21November 2, 2021A Republican congressman who blamed Trump for inciting an insurrection just invested thousands in his new social media companyLarry Bucshon blamed Trump's "dangerous rhetoric" for inciting an insurrection. Now, he's investing in TRUTH Social, Trump's new social media company.
< Politics, TRUTH Social, Digital World Acquisition Corp., SPAC, SPAC deal, Trump, former president donald trump >
- AdWeek 14:14November 1, 2021Target Introduces New Holiday Campaign That Celebrates InclusivityThough trick-or-treaters have barely had time to sort through their Halloween candy stashes, Target isn't wasting any time rolling out its holiday messaging. Today the value-oriented department store banner unveiled a 30-second hero spot, along with a bevy of other assets that celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion. This latest creative effort is part of a...
< Advertising, Branding, Creative, Customer Acquisition, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Retailing >
- Breaking Defense 00:00October 29, 2021‘Hundreds’ Of China Hypersonic Tests Vs. 9 US; Hyten Says US Moves Too SlowlyGen. Hyten said he’s “probably” going to approve “today or tomorrow a new requirement for Integrated Air and Missile Defense,” which is a pillar of the Joint Warfighting Concept (JWC).
< All Domain, Pentagon, Space, acquisition reform, All Domain Operations, China, Fractional Orbital Bombardment System FOBS, Gen. John Hyten, hypersonics, integrated air and missile defense, vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs >