- Business Insider 23:12September 21, 2021US stocks struggle to recover from Evergrande rout while investors await the outcome of Fed meetingUS stocks wavered on Tuesday, struggling to come back from the Evergrande-driven sell-off in the previous session.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Stock Market, Stock Market Analysis, S&P, s&p 500, Dow Jones Industrial Average, Dow Jones, Dow Jones today, NASDAQ, crypto, US Treasury, Bitcoin, Binance >
- Business Insider 21:07September 21, 2021Biden risks killing more civilians with drone strikes in Afghanistan as part of his 'over-the-horizon' strategy, experts warnWithout a robust intelligence network on the ground, it's difficult for the US to know who it's targeting with drone strikes.
< Politics, Military & Defense, News, Joe Biden, Afghanistan, Drone Strikes, War on Terror, analysis >
- Business Insider 20:57September 21, 2021Why Amazon wants to make sure everyone knows it's totally cool with smoking pot nowCannabis experts predict more companies will follow Amazon in relaxing marijuana screening to appeal to workers.
< Retail, News, Cannabis, Amazon, Cannabis, Cannabis Legalization, Marijuana, labor shortage, analysis >
- Business Insider 20:49September 21, 2021The stock market's fear gauge could signal more weakness ahead if it closes above this key level, according to technical analyst Katie Stockton"We'd be concerned if the VIX closes above 25 for two consecutive days because that would hold bearish implications for the inversely correlated S&P 500."
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Stock Market Outlook, Stock Market Analysis, stock market 2021, Stock Market, Analyst Note, Technical Analysis, Trading, Markets, Finance >
- The Independent Feed 18:39September 21, 2021Evergrande is a Lehman-style lesson for ChinaA slowdown in China’s property sector is a worry for the world economy, but the country has a different role in global finance to that of the US, writes Anna Isaac
< Business Analysis & Features, Business >
- The Independent Feed 17:32September 21, 2021Will another winter lockdown be needed?Ministers insist there are no plans for a winter lockdown, but refuse to rule out the possibility. Samuel Lovett considers the likelihood of a return to restrictions
< News analysis, Independent Premium >
- Business Insider 17:25September 21, 20214 reasons why the market will see a full rebound from the Evergrande sell-off as early as this week, according to Fundstrat's Tom LeeThe stock market sell-off could be reversed as soon as this week with several factors driving a rebound, Fundstrat said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Stock Market Outlook, Stock Market Analysis, stock market 2021, Stock Market, Trading, Finance, Analyst Note >
- Business Insider 17:10September 21, 2021Bitcoin hovers around $43,000 as crypto markets try to shake off worries about an Evergrande defaultBitcoin hovered around $43,000 Tuesday as it recovered from a broad crypto sell-off prompted by fears of spillover from the Evergrande debt crisis.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, crypto, Cryptocurrencies, cryptocurrency, crypto adoption, crypto analysis, crypto analyst, Coinshares, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano, Solana, Solana price, Evergrande, Evergrande collapse, Evergrande Health, China Property Market, China Economy, China Economy and Markets, altcoins >
- Business Insider 21:05September 20, 2021Evergrande's debt crisis has jolted the stock market. Here is everything you need to know about the insolvency of China's 2nd-largest property developer.The deteriorating financial condition of Evergrande has led to its stock falling nearly 80% year-to-date, and its bonds trading at historic lows.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Evergrande, Stock Market, stock market 2021, Evergrande collapse, Trading, Stock Market Analysis, Finance, Analyst Notes, Markets >
- Business Insider 18:06September 20, 2021The odds of a 20% correction in stocks are rising as the market transitions to the next stage of its cycle, Morgan Stanley warnsMorgan Stanley analysts called the more likely scenario "Ice." There's another near-term possibility they laid out: it's called "Fire."
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Stock Market, Stock Market Analysis, Stock Market Correction, s&p 500, S&P 500 drop, S&P 500 correction, S&P 500 forecast, Morgan Stanley, morgan stanley investing advice, Morgan Stanley bitcoin >
- Business Insider 16:20September 20, 2021France is doing everything it can to show its anger at a cancelled $50 billion submarine contract, shocking officials in the US, UK, and AustraliaFrance recalled its ambassadors to the US and Australia in fury after Australia canceled a lucrative submarine contract with French firm Naval Group.
< Politics, Analysis, News UK, Submarines >
- Business Insider 16:10September 20, 2021Risk-off sentiment in stocks and crypto could drive volatility higher and lead to a further pullback in the S&P 500, according to Fairlead's Katie Stockton"As with all breakdowns, we would await confirmation before acting on it, given the market's propensity to shakeouts," Stockton said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Stock Market Outlook, Stock Market Analysis, stock market 2021, Stock Market, crypto, Bitcoin, Trading, Finance, Analyst Note, Technical Analysis >
- Business Insider 15:08September 19, 2021Entitled consumers have terrorized service and retail workers throughout the pandemic, but it was a natural evolution in a culture that promises 'the customer is always right'The pandemic has revealed how much power has been ceded to American consumers - or, more accurately, how much power they believe they should have.
< Retail, analysis, Customers, shoppers, Retail workers, Worker harassment, Pandemic, mask mandates, vaccine mandates >
- Business Insider 14:13September 19, 2021Big retailers are finally on board with $15 minimum wages, but the pandemic revealed that workers need a lot more from their employersThe federal minimum wage has sat at $7.25 per hour since 2009. Experts and advocates say that's no longer a livable pay rate.
< Retail, Minimum Wage, Minimum wage increase, $15 Minimum Wage, Fight for 15, analysis >
- Business Insider 15:36September 18, 2021Move over millennials, Gen Z is the new 'it' generationMillennials woke up from the pandemic no longer the "it" generation. More like "cheugy." Here's how Gen Z stole the crown of cool during quarantine.
< Economy, Markets, Economy, Millennials, gen z, adulthood, Pandemic, Consumer spending, Generations, Geriatric Millennial, analysis >
- Business Insider 13:05September 18, 2021From an $18 hourly wage to the 'new factory town,' Amazon is taking the lead on lifting up America's working classAmazon's influence on wages and hiring is massive. Congress wasn't able to pass a $15 minimum wage or a jobs program, but Amazon is moving the needle.
< Economy, Markets, Tech Insider, Economy, Amazon, Minimum Wage, Working Class, Economic inequality, Amazon wage hike, Amazon Warehouse, analysis >
- Business Insider 12:00September 18, 2021Cardano founder Charles Hoskinson discusses 'bitcoin maximalism', how DeFi needs to turn into 'real-fi' and his plans for digital transformation in Africa in a recent interview. Here are the 10 best quotesCardano founder Charles Hoskinson believes no one blockchain will dominate the crypto sector, but rather, there will be an "internet of blockchains."
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, crypto, charles hoskinson, Alonzo Purple, Cardano, cardano ada, cardano price, cardano upgrades, cryptocurrency, crypto adoption, cryptocurrency adoption, cryptocurrency analysis, DeFi, defi platform, defi projects, Crypto Regulation, Regulation, Regulations, Standards, Africa, smart contracts, Blockchain, Network, Decentralisation, Metadata, South Africa, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Ethiopia, Kenya, Egypt, Bitcoin, crypto investing, crypto investing strategy, Crypto Investments, crypto investment, crypto investors, institutional investor bitcoin, Insitutional Investor, institutional cryptocurrency market, institutional interest crypto >
- Business Insider 19:27September 17, 2021Nicki Minaj's vaccine tweets were the latest test of social media's imperfect system for stopping misinformation's spreadThe White House has pointed to online misinformation as a roadblock to getting more Americans vaccinated.
< Tech Insider, News, COVID-19 vaccine, coronavirus, covid vaccine, Nicki MInaj, Misinformation, Twitter, analysis >
- Business Insider 13:00September 17, 2021The COVID-19 booster debate is a mess. Here's why we'll probably get extra shots anyway.Political, financial and ethical concerns surround the scientific question of whether extra doses are needed now.
< Healthcare, Science, News, Health, coronavirus, coronavirus vaccine, Moderna, Pfizer, Biotech, Pharmaceutical, analysis >
- Business Insider 23:55September 16, 2021Justices Amy Coney Barrett and Stephen Breyer want to convince you that the Supreme Court isn't political, but experts say 'it's naive to think people will' believe them"If the justices have to defend themselves from being partisan, that's already a problem in and of itself," one expert told Insider.
< Politics, News, Amy Coney Barrett, Stephen Breyer, Supreme Court, Justices, Legal, Law, Mitch McConnell, Experts, analysis, Donald Trump, original reporting >
- Business Insider 18:27September 16, 2021Apple's fitness instructors may never become Peloton-style stars, but the company is doing more for inclusivity than its upstart counterpartIn the Apple world of fitness, everyone is friendly, no one is intimidatingly hot, and it's OK if you want to work out in your pajamas.
< Tech Insider, Apple, Apple event September 2021, Peloton, Apple Fitness Plus, analysis, Peloton Bike, Apple Watch >
- Business Insider 18:04September 15, 2021This year's big iPhone reveal event was Apple's most boring yetThe 2021 iPhone is the least exciting iPhone upgrade in years, and it was the most exciting product unveiled during Tuesday's Apple presentation.
< Tech Insider, Mobile, Apple, iPhone, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 7, Series 7, iPad, iPad Mini, Tim Cook, analysis >
- Business Insider 17:58September 15, 2021Coinbase has increased its debt offering to $2 billion after getting flooded with bidsCoinbase has increased the size of its bond sale to $2 billion from the original $1.5 billion, after receiving an influx of bids.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, crypto, Bonds, Debt, Coinbase, cryptocurrency, Coinbase analysis, coinbase earnings, coinbase global, Coinbase price target, Markets >
- Business Insider 00:19September 15, 2021Apple's supercharged iPad Mini is just a big, glorified iPhoneApple's new $499 iPad Mini has a bevy of new bells and whistles and can fit comfortably in your hand - not unlike how the iPhone Pro Max can.
< Tech Insider, Retail, News, Apple, iPad Mini, iPhone 13, Apple September event, analysis >
- Business Insider 21:40September 13, 2021Sony is nickel-and-diming PlayStation 5 owners on upgrades for games they already ownPlayStation 5 owners must pay $10 per game to upgrade from the PlayStation 4 version. Xbox owners pay nothing to play games on newer consoles.
< Tech Insider, Entertainment, Video Games, Gaming, Sony, PlayStation, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PS4, PS5, Horizon Forbidden West, God of War Ragnarok, Gran Turismo 7, Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox Game Pass, analysis >
- Business Insider 19:38September 13, 2021Rihanna's billionaire success is a testament to unbridled inclusivity - and a case study for CEOs.Most of Rihanna's $1.7 billion comes from the brands she's built. They all have one thing in common - diversity and inclusion.
< Strategy, analysis, Rihanna, Fenty Beauty, fenty x savage, DEI, Diversity, Inclusion, Leadership, Strategy >
- Business Insider 16:23September 13, 2021The latest 'it bag' brand is affordable, accessible, and is launching its own television station. Here's what its business model is doing right.Telfar is launching a television station to help curve resellers and ensure anyone who wants a 'Bushwick Birkin' can get one.
< Small Business, Retail, Strategy, Nordic, BI Select, Arts & Culture, Telfar, Fashion, voc, Luxury, Young Luxury, Small Business, Entrepreneurship, analysis, Beyonce, AOC >
- Business Insider 15:15September 12, 2021Stocks look dangerously overvalued and are at risk of a sharp correction as investors misjudge the sustainability of explosive earnings growth, DB says"With the current cycle advancing very quickly, the risk that the correction is hard is growing," Deutsche Bank warned.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Stock Market Outlook, Stock Market Analysis, stock market 2021, Stock Market, Analyst Note, Trading, s&p 500, Markets >
- Business Insider 17:15September 11, 2021Why Marvel's 'Shang-Chi' may not be released in China and what it means for Hollywood's futureMarvel's "Shang-Chi" and "Eternals" may not be approved for release in China, which would be a major blow to Disney.
< Media, Entertainment, Marvel Studios, Marvel Cinematic Universe, Disney, Movies, Hollywood, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Box Office, China Box Office, Movie theatres, analysis >
- Business Insider 14:55September 11, 2021After seeing a film on the big screen for the first time since before the pandemic, I'm convinced movie-watching in a theater will always beat streaming at homeI saw "Shang-Chi" at Alamo Drafthouse and it was thrilling, proving that pandemic-era online debuts like "Black Widow" can't live up to the theater.
< Entertainment, Tech Insider, News, movie theaters, Movies, Pandemic, Streaming, Marvel, analysis >
- Business Insider 23:53September 10, 2021Republicans vow mass disobedience and lawsuits in fight against Biden vaccine mandateAs Biden moves on from relying solely on vaccine persuasion, GOP lawmakers and media personalities jumped to depicting the policies as "tyranny."
< Politics, analysis, GOP, vaccine mandate, Joe Biden, White House >
- Business Insider 16:51September 10, 2021ALTCOINS TO BUY: Crypto experts share the best investing opportunities they're seeing outside of bitcoinInsider has talked to several experts about which altcoins they like most, why they're bullish, and what they recommend others should be buying now.
< Markets, Investing, altcoin, altcoins, altcoin price outlook, altcoins to buy, Cryptocurrencies, crypto to buy, Best cryptocurrency, crypto analysis, Crypto bulls, crypto, cryptocurrency, cryptocurrencies to buy, crypto investing, Investing advice, Investing Recommendations, Ether, Ethereum, eth, Doge, Dogecoin, Subscriber Collection >
- Business Insider 20:09September 9, 2021Boris Johnson using a taxpayer-funded jet for an election campaign fits a long history of taking things he didn't pay forA biographer of Johnson and a former colleague said that Johnson's flight to Hartlepool in an election campaign is totally in character.
< Analysis, Politics, UK Politics, Boris Johnson, analysis >
- Business Insider 00:00September 9, 2021Joe Rogan's COVID-19 recovery shows how much the right has bought into the widely discredited horse dewormer cureAnti-vaccine pundits seized on Rogan's comments, which included a ridiculous claim that he would not have contracted COVID if he'd avoided alcohol.
< Politics, analysis, Joe Rogan, coronavirus >
- The Independent Feed 20:31September 8, 2021What does the biggest tax rise in a generation mean for the UK economy?A typical 25-year-old today will pay an extra £12,600 over their working lives from the employee part of the tax rise alone, compared to nothing for most pensioners
< Business Analysis & Features, Business >
- Business Insider 17:43September 8, 2021Bitcoin enters make-or-break mode amid sharp sell-off as key technical levels come into focus"The long-term outlook remains bullish, supported by an upward sloping 200-day moving average," technical analyst Katie Stockton said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Bitcoin, bitcoin price, Technical Analysis, Bitcoin price analysis, bitcoin price outlook, crypto, Markets, Trading, Finance >
- Business Insider 15:30September 8, 2021Biden is picking a fight on corporate taxes with Disney, Fedex, and others. Senate Democrats may go easier.The brawl could be "ugly as hell," a former Democratic aide said, as former Senate Democrats who are now major lobbyists work to spike his tax hikes.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, White House, Republicans, Democrats, House, Nancy Pelosi, Donald Trump, Trump Tax Law, Capital gains, Corporate taxes, analysis, Policy, Economy, max baucus, Heidi Heitkamp >
- Business Insider 19:31September 7, 2021How The Supreme Court gave Texas Republicans a boost in defending their controversial new election billElection officials and a slew of civil rights groups just filed the first federal lawsuits against Texas' Senate Bill 1. They face an uphill battle.
< Politics, Texas, Supreme Court, Voting Rights, analysis >
- Business Insider 19:27September 7, 2021Marvel's 'Shang-Chi' broke a box-office record, but the real test for movie theaters and Disney is still to come"Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings" earned $90 million over the four-day Labor Day weekend, a new record.
< Media, Entertainment, Marvel Studios, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Marvel Cinematic Universe, Disney, Box Office, Hollywood, Movies, Movie theatres, analysis >
- Business Insider 15:30September 5, 2021Stocks actually perform better when investors are uncertain about economic policy, despite fears to the contrary, says a Wall Street chief strategistInvestors have been trained to believe that the stock market hates uncertainty, but performance tells a different story.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Stock Market Analysis, Stock Market Outlook, stock market 2021, Stock Market, Analyst Note, Finance, Trading >
- Business Insider 15:15September 4, 2021A father and son who help clients find forgotten crypto passwords estimate billions of dollars worth of lost bitcoin is recoverableProgrammers Chris and Charlie Brooks of Crypto Asset Recovery estimate between 68,110 and 92,855 seemingly lost bitcoins can be retrieved.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Cryptocurrencies, crypto, Bitcoin, recoverable bitcoin, lost bitcoin, lost crypto wallet passwords, cryptocurrency analysis, cryptocurrency market, bitcoin price, Small Business, Chris Brooks, Charlie Brooks, Crypto Asset Recovery >
- Business Insider 13:49September 4, 2021Welcome to your new planet: There's no such thing as a local disasterThe effects of climate change are inescapable. Extreme weather no longer stays confined to one location.
< Science, News, Hurricane Ida, Wildfires, Climate Change, Global Warming, IPCC, Floods, Health hazard, Arctic, analysis >
- Business Insider 10:37September 4, 2021The UK and US are feuding over the Afghanistan withdrawal, with British ministers calling the president 'doolally' and Biden ignoring Boris Johnson's callsUK and US officials are sniping at each other via comments to the press - or "briefing wars" - over the chaotic exits from Afghanistan.
< Politics, Joe Biden, Boris Johnson, News UK, analysis >
- Business Insider 20:58September 3, 2021Biden is going through the roughest patch of his presidency so far, with multiple crises converging on the White HouseAs he's confronted with almost nothing but bad news, Biden continues to paint a rosy picture of the state of the country.
< Politics, News, Joe Biden, Abortion, Texas, Delta, New Orleans, Hurricane Ida, Afghanistan, analysis >
- Business Insider 17:46September 3, 2021Bitcoin is closing in on key resistance level that could signal nearly 30% upside ahead, according to a technical analyst"Once initial resistance is cleared, which we expect beyond the very near term, targeted resistance would become the all-time high," Stockton said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Bitcoin, bitcoin price 2021, bitcoin price, Bitcoin price analysis, crypto, Technical Analysis, Analyst Note, Cryptocurrencies >
- Business Insider 18:50September 2, 2021Here are the 7 risks that could send the stock market lower after a historic run, according to DataTrek"Equity markets are priced for perfection in a world that remains distinctly imperfect," DataTrek said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Stock Market Outlook, stock market outlook 2021, stock market 2021, Stock Market, Stock Market Analysis, Analyst Note >
- Business Insider 23:42September 1, 2021Biden says the war in Afghanistan is over, but it's really just starting a new chapter"We will maintain the fight against terrorism in Afghanistan and other countries. We just don't need to fight a ground war to do it," Biden said.
< Politics, Military & Defense, News, International, Joe Biden, Afghanistan, ISIS-K, Taliban, Isis, analysis >
- Business Insider 20:49September 1, 2021Apple still has 10% upside following its surge to record highs, one technical analyst saysKatie Stockton of Fairlead Strategies identified a measured-move price target of $168, representing potential upside of 10% from Tuesday's close.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Apple, Apple stock, apple stock price, stock market 2021, Technical Analysis, Analyst Note, Trading, Stock Market, Finance >
- Business Insider 19:15September 1, 2021Ether's recent breakout sets the stage for a 23% rally to its previous record high, Fairlead's Katie Stockton says"The breakout supports upside follow-through with next and final resistance near $4,380," Katie Stockton of Fairlead Strategies said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Ether, Ethereum, ether price, ether price analysis, crypto, Technical Analysis, ether price target, Cryptocurrencies >
- Business Insider 17:27September 1, 2021The stock market will climb a 'wall of worry' in September as weak economic data prompts the Fed to keep up stimulus efforts, Fundstrat says"We think the biggest takeaway is that we expect economic data to soften, but this will be viewed positively as it tilts the Fed dovish," Tom Lee said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Stock Market Outlook, Stock Market Analysis, Stock Market, stock market 2021, s&p 500, Analyst Note, Fed >