- Huffington Post UK 13:19June 23, 2021Good Morning Britain's Ranvir Singh Gets A Surprise As Her Son FaceTimes Her Live On Air
< Entertainment, daytime tv, good morning britain, susanna reid, Ranvir Singh, Adil Ray, daytime-tv, good-morning-britain, susanna-reid, ranvir-singh, adil-ray >
- New York Times 20:46June 22, 2021They Voted for Brexit, but not the Giant Truck Park That Came With ItYet even that floodlit eyesore near a formerly idyllic village in southeast England has not altered local views on the split with the E.U.
< Great Britain Withdrawal from EU (Brexit), Conservative Party (Great Britain), Farage, Nigel (1964- ), Kent (England), Great Britain >
- Huffington Post UK 13:23June 19, 2021Lorraine Kelly Has A Prediction About Piers Morgan And Good Morning Britain
< Entertainment, uktv, daytime tv, piers morgan, good morning britain, lorraine kelly, daytime-tv, piers-morgan, good-morning-britain, lorraine-kelly >
- Breitbart News 12:29June 18, 2021UK Health Service Blames Massive Fall in Surgeries on Public 'Not Coming Forward for Care'Britain's National Health Service (NHS) carried out 1.5 million fewer surgical procedures than expected in 2020, including 108,000 fewer emergency operations, according to researchers.
< Health, London / Europe, Politics, Britain, cancer, coronavirus, COVID-19, Macmillan Cancer Support, Matt Hancock, National Health Service (NHS), NHS, pandemic, Socialised Medicine, socialized medicine, United Kingdom, Universal Healthcare, Wuhan virus >
- Breitbart News 11:35June 18, 2021London University to Let Non-White Students Defer Essays for 'Racial Trauma' Without EvidenceGoldsmiths, University of London has bowed to pressure from student activists and agreed to let "Black & PoC [People of Colour]" students defer essays on grounds of "racial trauma", based purely on "self-certification".
< Education, London / Europe, Social Justice, academia, academic bias, Academic Insanity, Britain, Community Cohesion, diversity, Double Standards, Goldsmiths, Goldsmiths University, Identity Politics, London, Mass Migration, Multiculturalism, race relations, Sara Bafo, SJWs, Social Cohesion, social justice warriors, student activism, Student Union, students, Students Unions, United Kingdom, Woke, wokeness, Wokery, Wokism >
- Huffington Post UK 10:47June 18, 2021Martin Lewis Addresses Speculation That He's Replacing Piers Morgan on Good Morning Britain
< Entertainment, daytime tv, piers morgan, good morning britain, martin lewis, daytime-tv, piers-morgan, good-morning-britain, martin-lewis >
- Huffington Post UK 13:08June 16, 2021Good Morning Britain Competition Winner Has Priceless Reaction After Being Surprised By Andi Peters
< Entertainment, daytime tv, good morning britain, The Brightside, andi peters, daytime-tv, good-morning-britain, the-brightside, andi-peters >
- Huffington Post UK 14:03June 15, 2021Michael Gove Faces A Double Grilling In Fiery BBC Breakfast And GMB Interviews
< Entertainment, Politics, daytime tv, good morning britain, michael gove, susanna reid, BBC Breakfast, Dan Walker, daytime-tv, good-morning-britain, michael-gove, susanna-reid, bbc-breakfast, dan-walker >
- New York Times 19:06June 14, 2021Boris Johnson’s ‘Global Britain’ Makes Shaky Start at G7 SummitThe prime minister’s plan to introduce his vision of a nimble, trade-savvy U.K. was upended by a spat over Northern Ireland.
< Great Britain Withdrawal from EU (Brexit), Group of Seven, Macron, Emmanuel (1977- ), Johnson, Boris, Great Britain, Northern Ireland, European Union, United States International Relations, International Relations, International Trade and World Market >
- Huffington Post UK 13:14June 14, 2021Good Morning Britain Apologises After Harvey Price Drops F-Bomb Live On Air
< Entertainment, daytime tv, good morning britain, katie price, richard madeley, harvey price, daytime-tv, good-morning-britain, katie-price, richard-madeley, harvey-price >
- Breitbart News 19:57June 12, 2021Delingpole: No Masks, No Distancing – The Disgraceful Covid Hypocrisy of the G7 EliteAt least one good thing has emerged from the G7 summit: we now know that President Joe Biden, Prime Minister Boris Johnson, President Bieber of Canada and the various other world leaders who've been sunning themselves in Cornwall are ocean-going, copper-bottomed hypocrites.
< Health, London / Europe, Politics, Angela Merkel, Boris Johnson, Britain, cornwall, coronavirus, Covid, COVID-19, Elizabeth II, Emmanuel Macron, EU, European Union, G7, globalism, Globalists, Joe Biden, Justin Trudeau, masks, quarantine, social distancing, The queen, United Kingdom, Ursula von der Leyen, Wuhan virus >
- New York Times 20:42June 11, 2021‘Freedom Day’ for England Is Looking Like a MirageAll coronavirus restrictions were supposed to end on June 21, but with the new Delta variant, the long-anticipated opening is increasingly problematic.
< Coronavirus Reopenings, Conservative Party (Great Britain), Johnson, Boris, England, delta variant >
- New York Times 00:11June 11, 2021Eighty Years Later, Biden and Johnson Revise the Atlantic Charter for a New EraThe original was the work of Churchill and Roosevelt at the dawn of World War II. The new version pledges cooperation against 21st century global challenges and rivalries.
< United States International Relations, Cyberwarfare and Defense, Humanitarian Aid, Great Britain Withdrawal from EU (Brexit), North Atlantic Treaty Organization, Democracy (Theory and Philosophy), World War II (1939-45), European Union, Group of Seven, Biden, Joseph R Jr, Churchill, Winston Leonard Spencer, Johnson, Boris, Roosevelt, Franklin Delano, Cornwall (England), Great Britain, Northern Ireland >
- New York Times 16:18June 10, 2021Sexual Harassment and Online Abuse Pervasive in U.K. Schools, Review FindsThe investigation, which relied on accounts from 900 students, found that sexual harassment — from sexist name-calling to requests for explicit photos — was endemic.
< Sex Crimes, Sexual Harassment, Great Britain, Education (K-12), Youth >
- New York Times 10:00June 10, 2021Dreaming of ‘Global Britain,’ Johnson Is Attacked for Cutting Foreign AidAs Prime Minister Boris Johnson prepares to host the Group of 7 meeting, he faces a battle over efforts to cut foreign aid by a third to help make up for the costs of fighting the coronavirus.
< Politics and Government, Economic Conditions and Trends, Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), Foreign Aid, Group of Seven, Johnson, Boris, Great Britain >
- New York Times 08:51June 9, 2021Attack in Afghanistan Kills 10 From Charity That Clears Land MinesThe government blamed the Taliban for the attack on the British-American charity, the HALO Trust. The militant group denied any responsibility.
< Afghanistan, Mines, Explosive, Deaths (Fatalities), Terrorism, Halo Trust, Great Britain, Afghanistan War (2001- ) >
- New York Times 17:28June 7, 2021As Marching Season Looms, Northern Ireland BracesBrexit has inflamed sectarian passions to a degree not seen since the 1998 Good Friday Agreement.
< Border Barriers, Great Britain Withdrawal from EU (Brexit), Democratic Unionist Party (Northern Ireland), Biden, Joseph R Jr, Johnson, Boris, Northern Ireland >
- Huffington Post UK 09:37June 7, 2021Ashley Banjo Thanks Thousands Who Complained About Diversity’s BGT Performance In Powerful Baftas Win Speech
< Entertainment, uktv, britain's got talent, black lives matter, Bafta, baftas, tv baftas, ashley banjo, diveristy, britains-got-talent, black-lives-matter, bafta, tv-baftas, ashley-banjo >
- The Guardian 08:00June 7, 2021Shackled skeleton identified as rare evidence of slavery in Roman Britain‘Internationally significant’ discovery of male with burial chains in Rutland is first of its kindHis ankles secured with heavy, locked iron fetters, the enslaved man appears to have been thrown in a ditch – a final act of indignity in death.Now the discovery of the shackled male skeleton by workers in Rutland – thought to have been aged in his late 20s or early 30s – has been identified as rare and important evidence of slavery in Roman Britain and “an internationally significant find”. Continue reading...
< Roman Britain, Slavery, Archaeology, Heritage, Culture, World news, England, UK news >
- Breitbart News 18:06June 6, 2021PICS: D-Day Anniversary Commemoration Muted Due to Covid Restrictions for Second YearCOLLEVILLE-SUR-MER, France (AP) - When the sun rises over Omaha Beach, revealing vast stretches of wet sand extending toward distant cliffs, one starts to grasp the immensity of the task faced by Allied soldiers on June 6, 1944, landing on the Nazi-occupied Normandy shore.
< London / Europe, National Security, Politics, Britain, British Commonwealth, British Empire, Canada, coronavirus, COVID-19, D-Day, France, Germany, Gold Beach, History, Juno Beach, Normandy, Omaha, Omaha Beach, Poland, Prince Charles, Second World War, Sword Beach, Utah Beach, veterans, World War II >
- Breitbart News 15:20June 6, 2021Delingpole: Bad Orange Man Tony Blair Calls for Vaccine ApartheidTony Blair has called for vaccine apartheid in which the vaccinated get special privileges while the unvaccinated are treated as pariahs. Speaking on the Andrew Marr Show, eyes glinting, skin looking almost unfeasibly orange, the former prime minister said: We
< London / Europe, Media, Politics, Andrew Marr, apartheid, BBC, Britain, coronavirus, COVID-19, Freedom, labour, Labour Party, liberty, lockdown, Mainstream Media, orange man bad, Personal Freedom, Personal Liberty, Refuseniks, Ron DeSantis, Ron Di Santis, Tony Blair, United Kingdom, Vaccine, Wuhan virus >
- Huffington Post UK 12:28June 5, 2021Piers Morgan’s Wife Admits She Used To ‘Bitch’ About Him With Susanna Reid Behind His Back
< Entertainment, uktv, uk celebrity, piers morgan, good morning britain, susanna reid, Celia Walden, uk-celebrity, piers-morgan, good-morning-britain, susanna-reid, celia-walden >
- New York Times 12:00June 5, 2021As Vaccines Turn Pandemic’s Tide, U.S. and Europe Diverge on Path ForwardWhile America has essentially lifted all rules for those who are vaccinated, the emergence of a new variant is leading Britain and the E.U. to move with more caution.
< Coronavirus Reopenings, Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), European Union, Great Britain, United States, Vaccination and Immunization >
- Huffington Post UK 10:57June 1, 2021Piers Morgan's Past Behaviour Comes Back To Haunt Him After Naomi Osaka Comments
< Entertainment, piers morgan, good morning britain, Naomi Osaka, piers-morgan, good-morning-britain, naomi-osaka >
- New York Times 12:49May 30, 2021Boris Johnson Married in Stealth CeremonyThe British prime minister’s marriage to Carrie Symonds at London’s main Roman Catholic cathedral was carried out in extreme secrecy.
< Weddings and Engagements, Politics and Government, Marriages, Conservative Party (Great Britain), Roman Catholic Church, Johnson, Boris, Symonds, Carrie, Great Britain, London (England) >
- Huffington Post UK 08:41May 29, 2021Piers Morgan Hints At Good Morning Britain Return
< Entertainment, uktv, uk celebrity, piers morgan, good morning britain, uk-celebrity, piers-morgan, good-morning-britain >
- New York Times 21:08May 26, 2021Boris Johnson's Former Top Aide Tells of Inept, Chaotic Covid PolicyIn parliamentary testimony, the former top aide accused the British prime minister of incompetence that caused tens of thousands of extra Covid deaths.
< Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), Johnson, Boris, Cummings, Dominic (1971- ), Great Britain >
- New York Times 22:45May 25, 2021The Dominic Cummings Chronicles: The Can’t-Miss SequelOnce Boris Johnson’s closest adviser, Dominic Cummings is expected to deliver scorching testimony in Parliament on Wednesday about the government’s handling of the pandemic.
< Cummings, Dominic (1971- ), Johnson, Boris, Great Britain, Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), Quarantines, Politics and Government, Conservative Party (Great Britain) >
- Guardian 19:06May 24, 2021Was the fiddler framed? How Nero may have been a good guy after allHe was a demonic emperor who stabbed citizens at random and let Rome burn. Or was he? We go behind the scenes at a new show exploding myths about the ancient world’s favourite baddieNero comes with a lurid reputation. “The main thing we know about him is his infamy,” says Thorsten Opper, curator of the first British exhibition devoted to the Roman emperor. “The glutton, the profligate, the matricide, the megalomaniac.” Also, the pyromaniac: famously, Nero “fiddled while Rome burned”, or at least strummed his kithara to one of his own compositions, The Fall of Troy, while a fire, supposedly begun by him, destroyed three of Rome’s 14 districts and seriously damaged seven.His afterlife on the page and screen is certainly arresting. Nero inspired some of the greatest Renaissance and baroque operas, notably Monteverdi’s L’Incoronazione di Poppea and Handel’s Agrippina, which chart the emperor’s adulterous love for Poppaea, who became his second wife. In the epic 1951 movie Quo Vadis, Peter Ustinov played Nero as entirely unhinged: a mincing, purple-swathed toddler in a man’s body. Christopher Biggins took him on in I, Claudius, the classic BBC adaptation of Robert Graves’s novel, and made him power-hungry, baby-faced and quite, quite mad. Continue reading...
< Culture, British Museum, History books, Art, Opera, Film, Roman Britain, Exhibitions, Sculpture, Classical music, Period and historical films, History, Art and design, Music, Biography books, Books, Fiction >
- Breitbart News 15:03May 24, 2021Labour's Abbott Implies BLM Activist May Have Been Shot Because She 'Stood Up for Racial Justice'Hard-left Labour Party politician Diane Abbott said that "Nobody should have to potentially pay with their life because they stood up for racial justice" after BLM activist Sasha Johnson was shot in London -- but police say there is currently no evidence the attack was targeted.
< Crime, London / Europe, Politics, Black Lives Matter, Black Lives Matter UK, Black Panthers, BLM, Britain, Diane Abbott, diversity, Gun Crime, labour, Labour Party, London, Multiculturalism, race relations, Sasha Johnson, United Kingdom, Violent Crime >
- Breitbart News 14:49May 24, 2021BLM Activist Claims Sasha Johnson Is Unintended Victim of Gang's Drive-By Shooting of PartyA Black Lives Matter activist has claimed the 'Black Panther of Oxford', Sasha Johnson, may have been the unintended victim of a drive-by shooting of a house party by a gang.
< Crime, London / Europe, Politics, Black Lives Matter, Black Lives Matter UK, BLM, Britain, Diane Abbott, diversity, gang crime, gangs, Gun Crime, Imarn Ayton, London, race relations, Social Cohesion, Southwark, United Kingdom >
- Huffington Post UK 11:48May 24, 2021Susanna Reid Left Speechless After Bill Turnbull Jokes About Piers Morgan Live On Good Morning Britain
< Entertainment, daytime tv, piers morgan, good morning britain, susanna reid, bill turnbull, daytime-tv, piers-morgan, good-morning-britain, susanna-reid, bill-turnbull >
- Business Insider 16:04May 22, 2021Britain's photo ID system undermines the democracy it is trying to preserveThe Queen has announced that UK citizens will need photo ID to vote. This law will end up hurting low-income, marginalized voters.
< Opinion, Politics, Opinion, BI Commentary, Commentary Freelancer, UK, Britain, Voting, Elections >
- New York Times 21:11May 20, 202125 Years Later, the BBC Apologizes for Diana InterviewThe reporter, Martin Bashir, deceived her brother to land the landmark sit-down, the network now acknowledges.
< News and News Media, Royal Families, British Broadcasting Corp, Bashir, Martin, Diana, Princess of Wales, Great Britain >
- Business Insider 09:28May 18, 2021The UK unemployment rate dropped to 4.8% in the first quarter as the country prepared to reopen from lockdownThe unemployment rate was flattered by people that stopped job-hunting during lockdown, but separate data showed vacancies continued to rise.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, UK Unemployment, UK Economy, Global Economy, Britain, reopening, Economy >
- Breitbart News 14:28May 16, 2021Exclusive Video: Anti-Israel Protesters Clash with Police in London, Chant 'Allahu Akbar!', Israel Is 'Terror State'The “Free Palestine” protest against Israel in London descended into violence on Saturday, with activists attacking police officers with makeshift missiles and wooden sticks.
< Clips, Israel / Middle East, London / Europe, allahu akbar, Black Lives Matter UK, Crime, Israel, Israeli-Palestinian conflict, London, London crime, London Metropolitan Police, Metropolitan police, Muslim Association of Britain, Palestine, protests, Stop the War Coalition, uk crime, United Kingdom, Violent Protest, Violent Protests >
- Guardian 19:19May 14, 2021A funfair ride to the end of the world: Heather Phillipson: Rupture No 1 reviewTate Britain, LondonResistance is futile in the sumptuous colours of Phillipson’s entertaining apocalypse, filled with colossal metal creatures, agitated animal eyes and a giant celestial peachAnimal cries, a howling wind, the distant calls of a flock of swans and a gurgling of buffalo at the water hole fill the length of the Duveen Galleries at Tate Britain. Heather Phillipson is at it again in her delayed 2021 Duveen commission, opening, along with the rest of the gallery, on Monday. A funfair ride to the end of the world, Rupture No 1: blowtorching the bitten peach (Phillipson’s titles are always a bit of a stretch) takes on eco-doom and nature up against it in a trashed world, ourselves, beset by pandemic, included. Her aesthetic is post-industrial, post-disaster, post-everything; part Mad Max, part video game, part excised scenes from Cormac McCarthy’s The Road, redone in glowing Technicolor. Filled with alarms, and fun for all the family, this three-part installation, her biggest work in the UK to date, is the most complex Duveen commission I’ve seen. You can’t but help let it suck you in.To begin with, the eyes grab you. They know you’re here. A pink tongue licks an alien lizard pupil. Eye of tiger and eye of wolf, zebra eyes, swivelling chameleon eyes and bright monkey eyes, jostling and blinking and swerving on a procession of flat screens that lean this way and that, wedged into the mound of sand that runs down the middle of the gallery, each screen like a tilting tombstone. It is a kind of Noah’s ark as much as a Gulch City graveyard; there are even funnels, broadcasting the sound of a flooded world. Beached on the gallery floor, this imaginary vessel is drenched in a red glow of ambient lighting. Continue reading...
< Art, Heather Phillipson, Tate Britain, Art and design, Culture, Sculpture >
- Guardian 18:29May 14, 2021From brutal Dubuffet to nice guy Nero: what to see as art exhibitions openAs galleries reopen their doors, we preview a visual feast that includes Rodin, Eileen Agar, Paula Rego, Matthew Barney – and an out-of-body experience in LiverpoolProvocateur, founder of art brut, or raw art, Jean Dubuffet embraced the arbitrary and irrational, using crude materials and working with an ironic rejection of skill and finesse. Immersed in French intellectual and artistic life, the show focuses both on Dubuffet’s own work and on his extensive collection of outsider art, in the first major UK exhibition of this complex, fascinating artist in more than 50 years. Barbican Art Gallery, London, 17 May-22 August. Continue reading...
< Art, Exhibitions, Art and design, Culture, Sculpture, Painting, Installation, Video art, Paula Rego, Lucian Freud, Heather Phillipson, Tate Britain, Tate Liverpool, Tate Modern, Liverpool Biennial, Suffolk, Museums >
- Breitbart News 10:44May 12, 2021Vaccine Passport for International Travel Will Soon Be on NHS App, UK Govt ConfirmsThe UK's National Health Service (NHS) app will work as a 'vaccine passport' for British travellers to prove that they have been vaccinated when they go on foreign holidays, the government has confirmed.
< Health, London / Europe, Politics, Britain, Chinese coronavirus, coronavirus, COVID-19, England, holidays, immunity passport, National Health Service, National Health Service (NHS), NHS, pandemic, Socialised Medicine, travel, United Kingdom, Universal Healthcare, vaccination, Vaccine Passports, vaccines, Wuhan virus >
- New York Times 19:00May 11, 2021Queen's Speech: Johnson Presses Advantage in U.K. Government ProgramThe government plans laid out in the Queen’s Speech suggest that Prime Minister Boris Johnson intends to make full use of favorable political conditions.
< Legislatures and Parliaments, Conservative Party (Great Britain), Labour Party (Great Britain), Elizabeth II, Queen of Great Britain, Johnson, Boris, Great Britain, Politics and Government >
- Breitbart News 16:46May 11, 2021WATCH: Queen Announces Voter ID, Brexit Free Ports, Green Regulations at State Opening of ParliamentQueen Elizabeth II has set out a British legislative programme including voter ID, Brexit free ports, and a host of climate change regulations at the socially-distanced State Opening of Parliament -- her first major public engagement since the death of her husband of over seven decades.
< Environment, London / Europe, Politics, Boris Johnson, Brexit, Britain, British History, Climate Change, Conservative Party, Heritage, History, House of Lords, monarchy, Parliament, queen's speech, State Opening of Parliament, The queen, Tories, Tory party, United Kingdom, Voter ID >
- New York Times 22:02May 10, 2021UK's Labour Party Reels After Panicked Response to Election LossThe party leader, Keir Starmer, was seen as scapegoating a key aide, causing more turmoil in an already divided party after a disappointing performance in local elections.
< Elections, Conservative Party (Great Britain), Labour Party (Great Britain), Starmer, Keir, Hartlepool (England), Great Britain >
- New York Times 22:01May 8, 2021Of Brexit and Boris: What’s Driving the Call for Scottish IndependenceScots voted to remain in the E.U., and they resent being dictated to by England. And they just plain don’t like Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
< Referendums, Great Britain Withdrawal from EU (Brexit), Secession and Independence Movements, Scottish National Party, Sturgeon, Nicola, Johnson, Boris, Scotland >
- Business Insider 21:03May 7, 2021How artisans at the UK's last piano factory keep a centuries-old industry aliveCavendish Pianos is all that's left of the UK's once-thriving piano industry. Owner Adam Cox is keeping the tradition from disappearing completely.
< Retail, Strategy, Video, Video, video format still standing, Piano, pianos, Music, Art, UK, Britain, Manufacturing, Business Insider Today >
- New York Times 19:02May 7, 2021Germany Is Seeing Virus Cases Go Down and Vaccinations Go UpThe country appears to be breaking a tough third wave of the virus, and one of its tools is the AstraZeneca vaccine, which it spent months questioning.
< Vaccination and Immunization, Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), Travel and Vacations, AstraZeneca PLC, Pfizer Inc, Germany, Great Britain >
- New York Times 09:51May 7, 2021U.K. Conservatives Win Hartlepool Parliament SeatPrime Minister Boris Johnson’s recent troubles didn’t seem to bother voters in Hartlepool, a struggling town in the northeast of England.
< Politics and Government, Elections, Voting and Voters, Legislatures and Parliaments, Conservative Party (Great Britain), Hartlepool (England), England, Johnson, Boris >
- New York Times 13:33May 6, 2021U.K. and France Send Naval Ships to Channel Island in Tense Fishing DisputeFrench fishing crews are threatening to blockade a port on the island of Jersey in a standoff over post-Brexit fishing rights in the waters nearby.
< Politics and Government, International Trade and World Market, Fishing, Commercial, Great Britain Withdrawal from EU (Brexit), Johnson, Boris, Channel Islands, Great Britain >
- New York Times 07:15May 6, 2021Scottish Election Could Boost Independence MovementIf the pro-independence vote surges in Thursday’s elections for the Scottish Parliament, momentum for an another referendum on independence may become unstoppable.
< Referendums, Scottish National Party, Johnson, Boris, Salmond, Alex, Sturgeon, Nicola, Scotland, Secession and Independence Movements, Great Britain Withdrawal from EU (Brexit) >
- New York Times 15:13May 5, 2021U.K. Vote Is Likely to Back Boris Johnson, and an Independent ScotlandThe prime minister’s Conservative Party stands to make gains at the polls on Thursday, despite ethical accusations against him. But growth in support for the Scottish Nationalist Party could create turmoil in the rest of his term.
< Elections, Johnson, Boris, Great Britain, Scotland, Politics and Government, Secession and Independence Movements >
- Breitbart News 11:34May 2, 2021Exclusive Video: 'No Justice, No Peace' — Antifa, Communists, BLM Rally in London on May DayAntifa, communist, Black Lives Matter, feminist, labour union, and environmentalist activists rallied in London on Saturday to mark International Workers' Day, or May Day.
< Clips, London / Europe, Social Justice, Alt-Left, Antifa, Antifa protesters, Assata Shakur, Black Bloc, Black Lives Matter UK, Britain, Double Standards, far left, far-left activist groups, far-left protesters, International Workers' Day, Labor Day, Labour Day, Leftist protests, leftists, lockdown, London, may day, UK police, United Kingdom >