- Breitbart News 02:22June 25, 2021Swalwell: Republican Party 'Is Rolling With the Cop Killers and Not Standing with the Cops'Representative Eric Swalwell (D-CA) said Thursday on MSNBC's "Deadline" that the Republican Party was “rolling with the cop killers” instead of standing with the Capitol Police by not backing a bipartisan investigation into the January 6 riot on Capitol Hill.
< Clips, Politics, Capitol riots, Donald Trump, Eric Swalwell, Nancy Pelosi, Nicolle Wallace >
- Business Insider 01:06June 25, 2021A Florida pastor and his son were arrested in connection with the Capitol riot after a congregant gave them upJames "Jim" Varnell Cusick, 71, and his son Casey Cusick, 35, both serve as pastors at Global Outreach Church of Melbourne in Melbourne, Florida.
< Politics, capitol riot, Insurrection, january 6, Capitol attack >
- Breitbart News 00:57June 25, 2021Nancy Pelosi Announces Partisan January 6 Investigation, Resists Probes into Coronavirus OriginsHouse Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) announced Thursday during a weekly press conference a plan to create a partisan January 6 investigation via a select committee while resisting calls for a probe into the origins of the coronavirus.
< Politics, Anthony Fauci, coronavirus, January 6 Capitol riot, January 6 Commission, Nancy Pelosi, Wuhan Lab >
- New York Magazine 21:54June 24, 2021Pelosi Announces Select Committee to Investigate Capitol RiotSince Senate Republicans killed an independent commission, Democrats will convene their own panel to investigate the events of January 6.
< politics, capitol riot, january 6, january 6 commission, house special committee, nancy pelosi, benghazi, hillary clinton, kevin mccarthy, donald trump, lynn cheney, justice department >
- Business Insider 14:44June 24, 2021The first person to be sentenced in the Capitol riot has been given no time in prison after she apologized and said she watched 'Schlinder's List' to educate herselfAnna Morgan Lloyd said she spent 10 minutes in the Capitol during the January 6 riot and that she was ashamed of her actions.
< Politics, News UK, capitol riot, Capitol Siege >
- Business Insider 15:56June 21, 2021Dick Cheney warned his daughter Rep. Liz Cheney on January 6 that she might not be safe after seeing Trump attack her before the Capitol riot, report saysDick Cheney reportedly thought Trump was an abysmal president, and shared his daughter, Liz Cheney's, concern about the threat he poses.
< Politics, Liz Cheney, Dick Cheney, capitol riot, Republican Party, Donald Trump, News UK >
- Business Insider 22:45June 20, 2021Massachusetts rep calls 21 Republicans 'cowards' for voting against honoring law enforcement working during the Capitol riot"Quite frankly it's sick that a sitting member of Congress who was here on January 6 whose lives were protected by Capitol Police can't even vote to honor them," he said.
< Politics, News, capitol riot, Jim McGovern, GOP, 2020 election, weekend BI US >
- Business Insider 19:44June 20, 2021Missouri man pleads guilty to threatening to lynch two congressmenKenneth Hubert was arrested after threatening to lynch a Black and a Jewish lawmaker, Reps. Emanuel Cleaver Missouri and Steve Cohen from Tennessee.
< Politics, News, Steve Cohen, Emanuel Cleaver, capitol riot, Missouri, Tennessee >
- Business Insider 16:56June 20, 2021Florida is tied with Texas for having the most people facing charges linked to the Capitol riot, report saysFlorida also leads all states in arrests of people linked to far-right groups the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys, who were present during the attack.
< Politics, UK Weekend, News UK, capitol riot, Florida, Texas >
- Business Insider 14:40June 19, 2021Former Gov. calls for an independent commission to investigate why so many people from Florida attended the Capitol riotRep. Charlie Crist responded to a report that found Florida tied with Texas for the most arrests stemming from the January 6 Capitol riot.
< Politics, UK Weekend, News UK, Florida, capitol riot >
- Breitbart News 03:49June 19, 2021CNN's Acosta: 'You Have to Wonder' if Trump Rallies This Summer Will Lead to Riots Like 1/6CNN correspondent Jim Acosta said Friday on "The Situation Room" that if former President Donald Trump does political rallies this summer, "you have to wonder" if there will be riots like January 6 at the U.S. Capitol.
< Clips, Media, Politics, Capitol riots, CNN, Donald Trump, Jim Acosta, Mike Pence >
- Snopes 02:16June 19, 2021Hecklers Shout ‘Traitor’ at Mike PencePence refused to block the certification of U.S. President Joe Biden's electoral win, drawing anger from Trump supporters.
< Jan. 6 Capitol Riots >
- Snopes 21:40June 18, 2021Did GOP Congressman Turn Away Instead of Shaking Hand of Cop Injured in Capitol Riot?D.C. Police Officer Michael Fanone was beaten and tased by Jan. 6 rioters, suffering a traumatic brain injury and a heart attack.
< Jan. 6 Capitol Riots >
- Breitbart News 20:18June 18, 2021Clyburn: We Are 'Trying' to Punish Trump for His Crimes with 1/6 CommissionMajority Whip James Clyburn (D-SC) said Friday on ABC's "The View" that Democrats were "trying" to punish former President Donald Trump for alleged crimes with a commission to investigate the Capitol riot.
< Clips, Politics, 1/6 Commission, Capitol riots, Donald Trump, Jim Clyburn, Joy Behar >
- Business Insider 06:24June 18, 2021New bodycam video shows ex-NYPD cop wielding a flag pole and tackling a police officer during the Capitol riotThe footage, which was obtained by CNN after months of legal challenges, shows the ex-cop berating the officer before attacking him.
< Politics, Capitol Siege, Justice Department, capitol riot, Police >
- New York Magazine 01:32June 18, 2021Andrew Clyde Challenges MTG for Title of Most Extremist Georgian in CongressThe North Georgia mountains are a proving ground for radical right-wing populists. Gun dealer Andrew Clyde is the latest example.
< politics, extremism, marjorie taylor greene, andrew clyde, paul broun jr., matt gurtler, capitol riot, capitol police, juneteenth, guns, atf, jody hice, donald trump, brad raffensperger >
- Business Insider 08:08June 17, 2021A woman who pleaded guilty to involvement in the Jan. 6 insurrection told a judge she watched the Holocaust film 'Schindler's List' to 'educate herself'Anna Morgan Lloyd, 49, from Indiana, pleaded guilty to a picketing charge at the Jan 6 riot. She submitted movie and book reviews as a part of her defense.
< News, Politics, capitol riot, Protest, Schindler's List >
- Business Insider 06:13June 17, 2021Boxer, attorney, and former reality TV star Joey Gilbert was at the Capitol on Jan 6. He's now campaigning to be governor of Nevada.Joey Gilbert was seen on video at the Capitol Riot scaling the steps to the Senate and calling out to conspiracy theorist Alex Jones to join him.
< News, Politics, capitol riot, election, RINO, Nevada, governor >
- Business Insider 00:30June 17, 2021A Republican congressman refused to shake hands with a DC police officer beaten by Trump loyalists on Jan. 6, according to 2 House membersDemocratic Rep. Eric Swalwell and Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger reported Fanone's interaction with Rep. Andrew Clyde via Twitter on Tuesday.
< Politics, News, Jan. 6 riot, capitol riot, Republican, GOP, US House of Representatives >
- Breitbart News 23:21June 16, 2021Fact Check: Joe Biden Falsely Claims Trump Supporters 'Killed a Police Officer' During Capitol RiotPresident Joe Biden said supporters of former President Donald Trump "killed a police officer" after they stormed the Capitol on January 6th to protest the certification of the election.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Alexei Navalny, Brian Sicknick, Capitol riots, Vladimir Putin >
- Breitbart News 22:33June 16, 2021Arrest Warrant Issued for Eric Swalwell Process Server Who Allegedly Entered Mo Brooks’ HomeAn Alabama arrest warrant was issued Tuesday for a process server for Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA) who allegedly entered Rep. Mo Brooks’ (R-AL) home.
< Crime, Politics, Capitol riot, Eric Swalwell, Mo Brooks >
- Breitbart News 17:19June 16, 2021Vladimir Putin Accuses U.S. Government of Assassinating Ashli BabbittIn his Monday interview with NBC News, Russian President Vladimir Putin accused the U.S. government of assassinating Ashli Babbitt, the Air Force veteran whom Capitol Police shot during the January 6 riot.
< Asia, National Security, Politics, Alexei Navalny, Ashli Babbitt, Capitol Police, Capitol riot, Vladimir Putin >
- Business Insider 14:50June 16, 2021New Telegram audio transcripts show how Proud Boys panicked when members started getting arrested after the Capitol riotThe messages show that some members were worried about arrests, while others were mad at those who took part in the Capitol riot.
< Politics, News UK, Proud Boys, capitol riot, Capitol Siege, Enrique Tarrio >
- Business Insider 13:49June 16, 2021The FBI is still tracking down hundreds of Capitol riot suspects, director saysFBI Director Christopher Wray told the House Oversight Committee a huge effort is ongoing to find people who took part in the January 6 Capitol riot.
< Politics, News UK, Speed desk, capitol riot, FBI, Capitol Siege, Christopher Wray >
- Business Insider 12:32June 16, 2021Tucker Carlson said Putin was asking 'fair questions' about Ashli Babbitt's killing at the Capitol riotIn an NBC News interview, Putin deflected a question about the dissident Alexei Navalny and asked if Ashli Babbitt's death was an "assassination."
< Politics, News UK, Speed desk, Tucker Carlson, capitol riot, Vladimir Putin >
- Business Insider 14:55June 15, 2021A man who bragged about chugging wine at the Capitol riot is campaigning for office. He learned mid-interview he's running for the wrong seat.Jason Riddle was arrested after admitting joining the Capitol riot. Now he's entered politics, he appears confused as to which race he's running in.
< Politics, News UK, capitol riot, New Hampshire, 2022 midterms >
- Business Insider 13:50June 15, 2021A Capitol rioter agreed to a plea deal after posting extensively on Facebook about her time at the insurrection with her husbandJoshua and Jessica Bustle pleaded guilty in court on Monday. Jessica's lawyer said the couple wants to get on with their lives.
< Politics, News UK, capitol riot, Capitol Siege >
- Business Insider 13:29June 15, 2021Putin compared his crackdown on dissent to the US prosecution of Capitol rioters and the killing of Ashli Babbitt ahead of his summit with Biden"Did you order the assassination of the woman who walked into the Congress and who was shot and killed by a policeman?" Putin said.
< Politics, Alexander Navalny, capitol riot, January 6 riot, News UK, Putin >
- Business Insider 05:58June 15, 2021A former US lawmaker known as 'Putin's favorite congressman" marched to the Capitol on January 6Dana Rohrabacher, who served in the House for 30 years, said he participated in what started as a "peaceful" march, but denied entering the Capitol.
< Politics, Dana Rohrabacher, Congress, Insurrection, Capitol attack, capitol riot, Trump >
- Business Insider 00:25June 15, 2021MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell says he 'never even watched footage' of the Capitol insurrection and believes 'it was a setup'"And you don't think it was a setup? Gimme a break," Lindell said in a recent interview with Rolling Stone magazine.
< Politics, News, Donald Trump, Mike Lindell, MyPillow, capitol riot, capitol, Insurrection, Republicans, Congress, Ron Johnson, Riots >
- Business Insider 17:40June 14, 2021GOP Rep. Tom Rice says he voted for Trump's impeachment because 'what he did in my mind is what dictators do'"I didn't take an oath to defend Donald Trump," Rice said, calling Trump a "bully" and his actions "completely despicable," per The Washington Post.
< Politics, News, Tom Rice, Donald Trump, Impeachment, capitol riot, Insurrection, election, South Carolina, Primary >
- Business Insider 12:24June 14, 2021GOP Sen. Ron Johnson said the Capitol riot wasn't an armed insurrection because people were 'staying within the roped lines'Sen. Johnson has long defended the rioters at the January 6 insurrection, once calling them "people that love this country."
< Politics, News UK, Ron Johnson, Capitol Siege, capitol riot >
- Breitbart News 01:12June 14, 2021Pelosi: January 6 Select Committee an 'Option' -- 'Everybody Knows the Power of the Speaker'House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union" that Republicans in the Senate blocked a bipartisan investigation into the Capitol riots because they were "afraid of the truth."
< Clips, Politics, Capitol riots, Donald Trump, Nancy Pelosi, Republican Party >
- Breitbart News 06:11June 9, 2021Bipartisan Senate Report on January 6 Finds Failures of Security, Planning, ResponseA bipartisan Senate report examining the January 6 Capitol riot found a number of security, planning, and response failures.
< Politics, capitol building, Capitol Police (USCP), DHS, FBI, January 6 Capitol riot, Joint Session of Congress, National Guard, U.S. Capitol >
- Business Insider 18:12June 8, 2021Senate panel releases scathing report about the 'violent and unprecedented' Capitol insurrection days after lawmakers blocked a bipartisan commissionThe probe by two Senate committees "uncovered a number of intelligence and security failures" that "allowed for the breach of the Capitol."
< Politics, Capitol Siege, capitol riot >
- Business Insider 16:11June 8, 2021Capitol Police officers described getting no help as they got attacked during the insurrection: 'We were betrayed'The officers' testimonies were published in a Senate intelligence report on the Capitol riot on Tuesday.
< Politics, News UK, capitol police, Capitol Siege, capitol riot >
- Breitbart News 19:17June 7, 2021Liz Cheney: 'Inexcusable' McCarthy 'Embracing' Trump After January 6During an interview with David Axelrod's "The Axe Files" podcast, Rep. Liz Cheney's (R-WY) discussed House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) visiting former President Donald Trump at Mar-a-Lago after the January 6 Capitol Hill riot.
< Clips, Politics, Capitol riots, January 6 Capitol riot, Kevin McCarthy, Liz Cheney, Steve Scalise >
- Breitbart News 19:08June 7, 2021Mo Brooks Says Eric Swalwell's Team Broke into House to Serve a LawsuitRep. Mo Brooks (R-AL) said Sunday Rep. Eric Swalwell's (D-CA) team broke into his house to serve a lawsuit, probably committing a crime in the process to alleged hold brooks culpable for the January 6 riot.
< Crime, Politics, Alabama, California, Capitol riots, Eric Swalwell, Mo Brooks, Trespassing >
- Business Insider 05:21June 7, 2021After months of evading a lawsuit related to the Capitol insurrection, Rep. Mo Brooks was finally servedOn Sunday, Swalwell attorney Matthew Kaiser said a private investigator left the papers with Brooks' wife at their home in Alabama.
< Politics, January 6 riot, capitol riot, Mo Brooks >
- Business Insider 17:56June 5, 2021Accused Capitol rioter who yelled at police for 'protecting pedophiles' served jail time for statutory rape of a 14-year-old girl, report saysSean McHugh, from California, was convicted in 2010 and sentenced to 240 days in jail and four years of probation, CNN said.
< News, Law, Politics, capitol riot, Capitol attack, insurrectionists, Pedophiles, Underage girl, CNN, UK Weekend, News UK >
- Business Insider 03:38June 5, 2021Capitol riot attendee argued she was allowed inside the building on January 6 because she looked up the hours online and it said it was openIn a video taken outside the Capitol on January 6, Stephanie Baez said she was "looking for a proud boy," a possible reference to the far-right group.
< Politics, capitol riot, Capitol attack, Insurrection, Trump, Department of Justice >
- Breitbart News 23:52June 4, 2021Establishment Media Admit Denying Republicans Airtime After January 6Key figures across the establishment media have confirmed denying Republicans who voted against certifying the Electoral College results airtime is a daily routine on their broadcasts.
< Media, Politics, Chris Wallace, Chuck Todd, CNN, Fox News, Hypocrisy, Jake Tapper, January 6 Capitol riot, Joe Scarborough, Josh Hawley, Mika Brezinski, MSNBC, Politico, Steve Scalise, Ted Cruz >
- Business Insider 23:02June 4, 2021Psaki says it's 'pretty unlikely that the zebra is going to change his stripes over the next two years' when asked about Facebook's Trump banPsaki expressed doubt that Trump's social media usage would change if he were to eventually regain access to his accounts.
< Politics, News, Donald Trump, Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Twitter, Social Media, jen psaki, White House, Disinformation, capitol riot, coronavirus, COVID-19, Joe Biden >
- New York Magazine 21:57June 4, 2021Facebook Extends Trump Ban Until 2023He could be back to stir up trouble in advance of the next election.
< facebook, donald trump, capitol riot, peace and quiet >
- Business Insider 21:19June 4, 2021Trump condemns Facebook's decision to ban him for 2 years as 'abuse'In his statement, the ex-president repeated his lie that the 2020 presidential election was "rigged."
< Politics, News, Donald Trump, Facebook, Social Media, capitol riot, Jan. 6 riot >
- New York Magazine 20:24June 4, 2021Mike Pence Won’t Let Pro-Trump Mob Come Between Him and His PresidentThe ex-veep made it clear he’s still fully Team Trump, though he and his former boss may never “see eye to eye” on January 6.
< mike pence, donald trump, capitol riot, politics >
- Breitbart News 10:00June 4, 2021Eric Swalwell Hires Private Investigator to Stalk Mo Brooks So He Can Sue Him over Capitol RiotRep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA) has hired a private investigator to locate and follow Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL) as he attempts to sue him for alleged culpability in the Capitol riot on January 6.
< Politics, Capitol riot, Eric Swalwell, Mo Brooks >
- Breitbart News 06:52June 4, 2021WATCH -- Mike Pence Vows He Will Not Allow Democrats, Media to Distract from Administration 'Intent on Dividing Our Country'Former Vice President Mike Pence said Thursday he will not allow Democrats or their media allies to use January 6 to discredit the aspirations of millions of American citizens.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Pre-Viral, Donald Trump, January 6 Capitol riot, Mike Pence, Republicans >
- Business Insider 00:09June 4, 2021Prosecutors want Capitol riot defendants to help pay the $1.5 million bill for property damage from the insurrectionProsecutors are seeking $2,000 in restitution from defendants who plead guilty to felonies and $500 for misdemeanors, the Washington Post reported.
< Politics, Capitol Siege, capitol riot >
- Breitbart News 23:42June 3, 2021Coalition of Far-Left Groups Sends Letter to Schumer Urging 'Eliminate' the FilibusterA letter signed by over 100 far-left organizations was sent to Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) saying, "the filibuster needs to be eliminated," in the wake of the Republican Senators successfully blocking the legislation to create a commission to probe the events of January 6.
< Politics, Chuck Schumer, far left, House of Representatives, January 6 Capitol riot, January 6 Commission, Jim Crow, Mitch McConnell, Senate >