- New York Magazine 23:56April 20, 2021Trump Says Georgia Election Law Is ‘Far Too Weak’The former president’s message to Republicans is that using election laws to screw over the opposition isn’t just acceptable – it’s mandatory.
< politics, georgia election law, donald trump, brian kemp, racism, no-excuse voting by mail, early in-person voting, vision 2020, voter suppression >
- Breitbart News 23:16April 17, 2021Pinkerton: If Red States Don't Hang Together Against Woke Corporatism, They Will All Hang SeparatelyRed states should band together to seek federalist legal protection from the woke corporate power flowing out of the elite blue state bastions.
< Politics, Social Justice, Sports, BlackRock, Carter Glass, election law, Georgia, Sen. Robert Owen, Sherman Antitrust Act, Woke Capitalism >
- New York Magazine 16:00April 17, 2021Jim Crow’s Ominous Lessons on Voter SuppressionRepublicans bristle at talk of Jim Crow 2.0, but there are clear echoes of the era of Black disenfranchisement in their drive for voting restrictions.
< politics, voting rights, jim crow, reconstruction, racism, segregation, white primaries, poll taxes, voter suppression, populism, tom watson, jamelle bouie, democrats, republicans, georgia election law >
- New York Magazine 21:18April 16, 2021Can Suppressing Votes Save Brian Kemp?Kemp is using Georgia’s new election law to heal a breach with Trump-loving conservatives but so far has drawn only a gadfly primary opponent.
< politics, georgia election law, 2022 midterms, voter suppression, voting rights, brian kemp, brad raffensperger, vernon jones, donald trump, doug collins, vision 2020, election coup, covid-19, republicans, georgia senate runoffs >
- New York Magazine 16:00April 7, 2021Six Bad Ideas About Voting That Republicans Need to AbandonThe GOP insists its efforts in Georgia and beyond aren’t about voter suppression, but its faulty assumptions are preventing real election reform.
< politics, voting rights, donald trump, georgia election law, brian kemp, brad raffensperger, corporate boycotts, stacey abrams, voting rights act of 1965, shelby county v. holder, capitol riot, election coup >
- New York Magazine 19:00April 3, 2021The States Following Georgia’s Lead on Voter SuppressionSimilar voting restrictions could soon be enacted in key Republican-controlled states like Arizona, Florida, New Hampshire, and Texas.
< voting rights, voter suppression, georgia election law, florida, arizona, texas, new hampshire, virginia, dan patrick, voting by mail, drop boxes, voter id, voter registration >
- New York Magazine 21:58March 31, 2021Corporate America Is Suddenly Concerned About Georgia’s Voter-Suppression LawVoting-rights activists are making it clear companies can’t sit on the fence without repercussions.
< politics, voting rights, georgia election law, delta airlines, coca-cola, boycott, atlanta >
- New York Magazine 23:03March 30, 2021Georgia Trooper Claims Legislator’s Knock Raised Fears of January 6 RepeatWas Governor Brian Kemp really endangered by Park Cannon tapping on his door in hopes of watching him sign a controversial election bill?
< politics, voting rights, georgia election law, park cannon, brian kemp, stacey abrams, georgia state patrol, voter suppression, 2022 midterms, donald trump, capitol riot >
- New York Magazine 21:11March 10, 2021GOP Decides Equal Representation Is an ‘Assault on Democracy’In making the case against Democratic election reforms, conservatives are arguing that “states’ rights” are more important than equal citizenship.
< conservatism, democracy, voting rights, house democrats, election law >
- Breitbart News 21:28March 8, 2021Exclusive — Mark Brnovich on SCOTUS Case: Even Jimmy Carter Warned of FraudArizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich recalled how Jimmy Carter warned of fraud risks associated with ballot harvesting and mail-in voting.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Radio, Arizona, ballot harvesting, DNC, election integrity, election law, Elections, Elena Kagan, For the People Act, H.R. 1, mail-in ballots, mail-in voting, Mark Brnovich, SCOTUS, Sonia Sotomayor, Supreme Court, U.S. Supreme Court, voter fraud, Voting Rights Act >
- Breitbart News 06:07February 23, 2021Clarence Thomas Dissent in Election Cases: 'Our Fellow Citizens Deserve Better'“Our fellow citizens deserve better and expect more of us,” Justice Clarence Thomas declared Monday, when the Supreme Court decided -- by one vote --to hear none of the 2020 election cases raising issues of voter fraud and illegal votes.
< Politics, Clarence Thomas, election law, Pennsylvania, Supreme Court >
- Business Insider 01:03February 23, 2021Trump and his allies filed more than 40 lawsuits challenging the 2020 election results. All of them failed.Since Donald Trump lost in November 2020, Republicans have filed dozens of lawsuits challenging the presidential election results. They've won zero.
< Politics, Election 2020, News, 2020 election, Donald Trump, mail-in ballots, mail-in voting, Texas, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Michigan, election lawsuits >
- Business Insider 05:10February 5, 2021Dominion's lawyers demand Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Parler preserve posts by Trump and other far-right figures, ahead of threatened defamation lawsuitsDominion asked the companies to keep posts from Fox News, Newsmax, OANN, Dan Bongino, Sean Hannity, and other far-right pundits.
< Politics, Tech Insider, News, Media, Election 2020, Fox News Channel, Fox news, election lawsuits, Dominion, Dominion Voting Systems, Facebook, Parler, YouTube, Twitter, Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, Newsmax, One America News Network, OANN, Dan Bongino, Mike Lindell >
- Business Insider 06:07January 24, 2021Trump wanted the Justice Department to sue individual states to overturn their election results, but top officials refused, WSJ report saysWhen the effort failed, Trump plotted to replace the acting attorney general with a loyalist, but was again thwarted by DOJ leaders, the WSJ reported.
< Politics, Donald Trump, Department of Justice, doj, Election 2020, Supreme Court, election lawsuits, Election Fraud, Wall Street Journal >
- Business Insider 03:53January 22, 2021Pennsylvania Republicans spent $1 million in tax dollars on 2020 election lawsuitsThe spending on efforts to block mail-in ballots was revealed in documents obtained by the news organization PA Spotlight.
< Politics, Law, Pennyslvania, 2020 election, mail-in ballots, mail-in voting, election lawsuits, Litigation, GOP, Republicans >
- Business Insider 18:27January 6, 2021Could Sidney Powell be disbarred for her conspiracy theory election lawsuits? Experts say she's 'playing with fire.'Judges have so far considered former Trump attorney Sidney Powell's legal arguments "garbage." Now she's up for disbarment.
< Politics, News, Sidney Powell, 2020 election, Donald Trump, Rudy Giuliani, Dominion, election lawsuits, Disbarment >
- New York Magazine 19:28January 4, 2021Tom Cotton Breaks With Trump on Coup Attempt in CongressThe Arkansan split with other presidential wannabes in warning that Trump is undermining an Electoral College that has served Republicans well.
< politics, vision 2020, contested election, tom cotton, electoral college, ted cruz, josh hawley, mitch mcconnell, donald trump, election law, 2024 elections >
- Business Insider 06:44January 3, 2021A federal appeals court shot down a GOP lawmaker's lawsuit against Mike Pence seeking to overturn the 2020 electionRep. Louie Gohmert's last-ditch legal effort asked the judges to empower Pence to overturn the election results and declare Trump the winner.
< Politics, Mike Pence, election lawsuits, Louie Gohmert, Electoral College, 2020 election, Election 2020 >
- Business Insider 08:17January 2, 2021A Republican lawmaker's bid to overturn the presidential election by suing Mike Pence was dismissed in courtThe lawsuit argued Pence should have the authority to reject election results of individual states when Congress meets next week to certify results.
< Politics, Mike Pence, Louie Gohmert, Election 2020, Congress, Electoral College, election lawsuits >
- Business Insider 02:14January 2, 2021After Pence told a court he was the wrong person to sue, Trump fans attempting to overturn the 2020 election told the judge he shouldn't listen to the VP because he's more than just a 'glorified envelope-opener in chief'Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas is trying to get Vice President Mike Pence to declare President Donald Trump won the 2020 election. The DOJ said no.
< Politics, election lawsuits, 2020 election, Louie Gohmert, Mike Pence, original reporting >
- Business Insider 17:13December 15, 2020Arizona Trump fans posed as electors to submit a document trying to seize the state's 11 votes for him instead of Biden, report saysThe group styled themselves as 'electors' in Arizona and filed a document to grant President Trump the state's 11 votes, even though he lost there.
< Politics, News UK, Electoral College, 2020 election, Arizona, Donald Trump, Doug Ducey, election lawsuits >
- Business Insider 17:03December 12, 2020A Democratic representative asked Pelosi to 'refuse to seat' any House members who supported Trump's election lawsuitsNew Jersey Rep. Bill Pascrell slammed the Republicans who backed lawsuits to "overturn the election and make Donald Trump an unelected dictator."
< Politics, Elections, Bill Pascrell, New Jersey, Nancy Pelosi, Congress, Donald Trump, election lawsuits, 2020 election, House of Representatives, Joe Biden, presidential election 2020 >
- Business Insider 19:59December 11, 2020A judge just threw out Trump's attempt to throw out 221,000 votes in WisconsinThe lawsuit sought to throw out mail-in votes cast by people afraid to leave their homes because of the coronavirus pandemic.
< Politics, News, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, 2020 election, Wisconsin, election lawsuits, Breaking >
- Business Insider 21:35December 7, 2020Sidney Powell's 'Kraken' conspiracy theory election lawsuits test the limits of our legal system, experts sayJudges have so far considered former Trump attorney Sidney Powell's legal arguments "garbage," but there's a high bar to disbar a lawyer.
< Politics, News, Sidney Powell, 2020 election, Donald Trump, Rudy Giuliani, Dominion, election lawsuits, Disbarment >
- Business Insider 20:25November 23, 2020Trump's top election lawyer in Wisconsin says he and his wife voted illegally in the campaign's latest legal argumentJim Troupis asked the Dane County Board of Canvassers to invalidate all absentee ballots that were cast in person. He himself voted with that method.
< Politics, News, Donald Trump, 2020 election, Wisconsin, Voting, election lawsuits >
- Business Insider 15:12November 19, 2020The Supreme Court is running the clock on Trump's election lawsuits, experts sayThe Supreme Court has shown little interest in taking up President Donald Trump's numerous legal challenges against the election results.
< Politics, Donald Trump, 2020 election, Supreme Court, Pennsylvania, election lawsuits, original reporting, analysis >
- Business Insider 20:43November 17, 2020After 5 of them quit, Trump was left with just one lawyer defending his big election lawsuit in Pennsylvania. He previously said the litigation 'will not work.'President Donald Trump's legal team has experienced a mass exodus in advance of a hearing for his major election lawsuit in Pennsylvania.
< Politics, News, Donald Trump, Pennsylvania, 2020 election, election lawsuits >
- Business Insider 07:59November 16, 2020The Trump campaign dropped a major part of its election lawsuit regarding their claims that observers were not allowed to watch vote counts in PennsylvaniaThe change drastically reduces the campaign's chances of changing the state's election results in favor Trump, The Washington Post reported.
< Politics, News, Election 2020, Donald Trump, Pennsylvania, election lawsuits >