- Breitbart News 03:30May 12, 2021Exclusive-- Ken Blackwell: MLB All-Star Game Leaving Atlanta Is 'Slap in the Face' to 'Black Entrepreneurs and Business Owners'Major League Baseball's decision to move its All-Star Game from Atlanta to Denver was a "slap in the face" to "black entrepreneurs and business owners," said Ken Blackwell.
< Politics, Radio, Sports, All-Star Game, Atlanta, Colorado, Denver, For the People Act, Georgia, H.R. 1, Ken Blackwell, Major League Baseball, MLB, MLB All-Star Game, race, racism, Rob Manfred, social justice, Woke >
- New York Magazine 21:49April 22, 2021The John Lewis Voting Rights Act Picks Up SteamWith a broader bill stalled, the Congressional Black Caucus pushes Democrats to restore the original Voting Rights Act.
< politics, voting rights, john lewis voting rights act, for the people act, joe manchin, redistricting, pre-clearance, shelby county v. holder, congressional black caucus, republicans, george w. bush, voting rights act of 1965 >
- Breitbart News 21:34April 20, 2021Exclusive — DeSantis Says Florida Will 'Immediately Sue' over Democrats' National Takeover of ElectionsWINTER HAVEN, Florida — Florida will take decisive action and "immediately sue" in the event of the radical left's House-passed H.R.1, or the "For the People Act," becoming law, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) told Breitbart News on Monday.
< Politics, Florida, For the People Act, H.R. 1, On the Hill, Ron DeSantis >
- Breitbart News 05:20April 16, 2021Radical Democrat Priorities in Biden’s First 100 Days: Packing Courts, Amnesty, Reparations, Federalizing Elections, DC Statehood, Banning Electoral CollegeIn President Joe Biden's first 100 days, the Democrats have proposed radical initiatives contrary to Biden's "back to normalcy" campaign sold to the American people.
< Politics, Amnesty, court-packing, D.C. statehood, Electoral College, For the People Act, Joe Biden, radical left, reparations >
- New York Magazine 17:00April 9, 2021What Is the Republican Party’s Position on Voting Rights?The implicit GOP position is to defer to states and localities — so far as their decisions help Republicans.
< politics, voting rights, republicans, democrats, for the people act, john lewis voting rights act, shelby county v. holder, donald trump, voter fraud, heritage foundation, election coup, capitol riot, electoral vote count >
- Breitbart News 02:38April 9, 2021Manchin: Parts of GA Law 'Atrocious,' But There Shouldn't Be Federal Overreach Into Elections and 'I'm Not Killing the Filibuster'During an interview with CNN on Thursday, Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) stated that he won’t eliminate the filibuster, and while he thinks Georgia has some provisions in their election law that he strongly dislikes and supports certain “guardrails” on elections,
< Clips, Politics, Filibuster, For the People Act, Georgia, H.R. 1, Joe Manchin >
- New York Magazine 23:53April 8, 2021Manchin Closes Door on Gutting the Filibuster, But It Gets WorseDemocrats have a West Virginia shaped thorn in their sides.
< politics, joe manchin, filibuster, budget reconciliation, chuck schumer, bipartisanship, kyrsten sinema, for the people act, voting rights, capitol riot, donald trump >
- New York Magazine 22:00April 7, 2021Voting Restrictions Aren’t the Primary Threat to U.S. DemocracyThe GOP is better at denying Democratic voters equal representation than it is at denying them access to the ballot.
< georgia, voting rights, for the people act, democracy reforms, politics, progressives >
- Breitbart News 21:11April 4, 2021They Helped Elect Joe Biden. Now Hollywood Celebrities Are Pushing Democrat-Backed H.R.1Hollywood stars helped drag Joe Biden over the finish line and into the White House. Now they are hoping their celebrity magic will work wonders again with the Democrat-backed bill H.R. 1, also known as the “For the People Act”
< Entertainment, Politics, Amy Schumer, Debra Messing, eva longoria, For the People Act, George Takei, H.R. 1, Judd Apatow, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Piper Perabo, Rob Reiner >
- Business Insider 21:29April 3, 2021Rep. Jim Clyburn called Joe Manchin's push for bipartisanship over passage of voting rights legislation 'insulting'Manchin is the only Democratic senator who has not signed on as a cosponsor to S. 1 and opposes changing filibuster rules to aid the bill's passage.
< Politics, Jim Clyburn, Joe Manchin, Voting Rights, Senate Democrats, For the People Act >
- Business Insider 16:32April 3, 2021Bad politicians should be held accountable by the American people, not by corporationsWe need the For the People Act to amplify and protect the voices of regular Americans. Corporations are not reliable to hold politicians accountable.
< Opinion, Politics, Retail, Finance, Healthcare, Opinion, BI Commentary, Politics, Political Donations, For the People Act, HR1, S1 >
- Breitbart News 19:44March 31, 2021Rick Scott: 'If You Oppose Democrat’s Power Grab, Democrats Will Call You Racist'Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL) said Wednesday the Democrat's legislation to reduce election integrity is a "dishonest power grab" in a "controversial" National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) video.
< Politics, Chuck Schumer, For the People Act, NRSC, Racist, Raphael Warnock, Rick Scott, Voter ID Laws >
- New York Magazine 22:19March 26, 2021What Can Democrats Do About Georgia’s Voting-Rights Restrictions?They are already going to court, and could pass preemptive legislation in Congress. But winning control of the state in 2022 is the best solution.
< politics, voting rights, georgia, brian kemp, stacey abrams, marc elias, new georgia project, 2022 midterms, voting rights act of 1965, john lewis voting rights advancement act, voting by mail, early in-person voting, for the people act >
- New York Magazine 21:25March 25, 2021Manchin Values Bipartisanship Over Voting RightsThe West Virginian doesn’t seem interested in voting rights if it means filibuster reform — unless he’s setting up a test Republicans will fail.
< politics, voting rights, joe manchin, for the people act, bipartisanship, john lewis voting rights act, shelby county v. holder, early voting, partisan gerrymandering, filibuster reform, covid-19 stimulus, budget reconciliation >
- Business Insider 22:38March 24, 2021Key takeaways from the Senate's hearing on S.1., Democrats' flagship voting rights billSome of the most sweeping voting and election-related provisions have been criticized by some for having unrealistic requirements and deadlines.
< Politics, For the People Act, Senate, Voting, Elections >
- Breitbart News 21:44March 24, 2021Ted Cruz: 'For the People Act' Enables Democrats to 'Throw Out the Ballots They Don't Like'Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) revealed Democrat proposed legislation would "mandate ballot harvesting" without "supervision," during Wednesday's Senate Rules Committee hearing on S.1, the "For the People Act."
< Politics, ballot harvesting, For the People Act, Mitch McConnell, Ted Cruz, voter fraud, Voter ID >
- New York Magazine 20:03March 24, 2021Will Joe Manchin Save Voting Rights?Manchin’s state is afoul of many provisions of the For the People Act. A more modest bill might help convince him to support a filibuster exception.
< politics, voting rights, voting rights act of 1965, john lewis voting rights act, shelby county v. holder, filibuster, joe manchin, for the people act, west virginia >
- Breitbart News 19:41March 24, 2021Watch - Chuck Schumer: State Voting Laws 'One of the Greatest Threats We Have to Modern Democracy in America'Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) likened basic election integrity measures embraced by several states, such as voter ID, to the era of Jim Crow and accused the GOP of attempting to suppress voters. He made the remarks during Wednesday's Senate Rules and Administration Committee hearing on S 1, or the "For the People Act," which critics warn will strip power from the states and federalize U.S. elections.
< Politics, Chuck Schumer, election integrity, For the People Act, voter fraud, Voter Suppression >
- Breitbart News 23:50March 23, 2021Poll: Majority of Black and Hispanic Voters Support Voter IDA majority of Americans, including a majority of black and Hispanic voters, overwhelmingly support voter ID, a key election integrity measure, a HEP and HEP Action survey -- which comes as Democrats continue to advance H.R. 1 -- revealed.
< Politics, election integrity, For the People Act, H.R. 1, Hillary Clinton, poll, Voter ID >
- Breitbart News 19:26March 20, 2021Ted Cruz, Conservatives to Hold West Virginia Rally Against H.R. 1, the 'Corrupt Politicians Act'Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and conservative activists will hold a rally at the West Virginia state capitol Saturday against the "Corrupt Politicians Act."
< Politics, election integrity, For the People Act, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, Ted Cruz >
- Breitbart News 20:19March 10, 2021Exclusive — Sen. Tommy Tuberville: 'Fort Pelosi' Provides 'Black SUVs with Secret Service' to Democratic Congressmen,' not RepublicansSen. Tommy Tuberville (R-AL) told Breitbart News on Wednesday that Democrat representatives, not Republicans, are being provided Secret Service protection per House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-CA) directives.
< Politics, Radio, Alabama, border security, Capitol Hill, Capitol riots, COVID-19, COVID-19 relief, For the People Act, H.R. 1, Nancy Pelosi, On the Hill, Tommy Tuberville, U.S. Capitol >
- New York Magazine 03:00March 10, 2021Why the Voting-by-Mail Fight May Be a SideshowRepublicans and Democrats have seemingly fallen for Trump’s wrongful belief that it cost him the election.
< politics, voting rights, no-excuse voting by mail, in-person early voting, voter purges, automatic voter registration, georgia, iowa, kim reynolds, brian kemp, brad raffensperger, geoff duncan, david ralston, for the people act >
- Breitbart News 21:28March 8, 2021Exclusive — Mark Brnovich on SCOTUS Case: Even Jimmy Carter Warned of FraudArizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich recalled how Jimmy Carter warned of fraud risks associated with ballot harvesting and mail-in voting.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Radio, Arizona, ballot harvesting, DNC, election integrity, election law, Elections, Elena Kagan, For the People Act, H.R. 1, mail-in ballots, mail-in voting, Mark Brnovich, SCOTUS, Sonia Sotomayor, Supreme Court, U.S. Supreme Court, voter fraud, Voting Rights Act >
- Breitbart News 04:44March 6, 2021Exclusive– Indiana AG Todd Rokita: H.R. 1 Kills Voter ID Laws, Sends Ballots to Dead People, Allows Ballot Harvesters to Hand in Fraudulent Votes After ElectionsIndiana Attorney General Todd Rokita told Breitbart News on Friday that H.R. 1, if enacted as law, would prohibit voter ID laws nationwide while automatically sending ballots to all persons on poorly maintained voter rolls.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Radio, Elections, For the People Act, H.R. 1, HR 1, On the Hill, Todd Rokita, voter fraud, Voter ID, Voter ID Laws, voter identification, voter registration, voter rolls >
- Breitbart News 03:59March 5, 2021Exclusive — Rep. Mo Brooks: H.R. 1 Would Make American Elections 'Akin to Old Soviet Union, Cuba, North Korea'H.R. 1, if enacted into law, would make American elections resemble those in the former Soviet Union, said Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL).
< 2020 Election, Politics, Radio, election fraud, election security, For the People Act, H.R. 1, mail-in ballots, mail-in voting, Mo Brooks, On the Hill, vote by mail, voter fraud >
- Breitbart News 01:00March 5, 202137 Things to Know About H.R. 1, 'For the People Act'H.R. 1, the so-called "For the People Act," would radically change American elections in ways that guarantee Democrats would never lose again.
< Politics, Democrats, For the People Act, H.R. 1 >
- Breitbart News 00:11March 5, 2021Steve Scalise: 'Every Single American Should Be Outraged' by H.R. 1 Passage"Every single American should be outraged" by the Democrat-led House passing H.R. 1, or the "For the People Act," Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA) said upon its passage Wednesday evening.
< Politics, For the People Act, H.R. 1, Steve Scalise >
- Breitbart News 00:04March 5, 2021Pelosi Praises H.R. 1 as Means to Curb 'Misinformation' on Climate Change, Gun ControlHouse Speaker Pelosi (D-CA) on Thursday celebrated the House passing H.R. 1, which the GOP warns will federalize state elections and lead to greater distrust in the U.S. election system, branding it as key to curbing "misinformation" on Democrat priorities such as climate change and gun control.
< Politics, For the People Act, H.R. 1, Nancy Pelosi, Steve Scalise >
- Breitbart News 00:02March 5, 2021Hillary Clinton: Democrats' Election Transformation Bill Is 'Once-in-a-Generation Opportunity'Twice-failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton said Thursday that the U.S. has a "once-in-a-generation opportunity" in H.R. 1, a bill reshaping election rules which the House passed late Wednesday evening.
< Politics, election integrity, For the People Act, H.R. 1, Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi >
- Breitbart News 08:11March 4, 2021Democrat-Led House Passes H.R.1, Aimed to Federalize U.S. ElectionsThe U.S. House of Representatives on Wednesday passed H.R. 1, otherwise known as the "For the People Act," which Republicans warn will compromise election integrity and ultimately lead to the federalization of U.S. elections.
< Politics, election integrity, For the People Act, H.R. 1, Nancy Pelosi, voter fraud, voting rights >
- New York Magazine 20:00March 3, 2021Will Democrats Act Like the Party of Voting Rights or Not?The conservative Supreme Court and GOP are set to do even more damage unless they’re stopped.
< politics, voting rights, shelby county v. holder, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema, john lewis, john lewis voting rights act, voting rights act of 1965, supreme court, voting rights preclearance, donald trump, joe biden, election conspiracy theories, for the people act >
- New York Magazine 21:11January 29, 2021Why Democrats Must Keep the Filibuster From Killing Voting RightsWith red states racing to further restrict voting, some limited filibuster reform to allow voting-rights legislation to be passed is now essential.
< politics, filibuster, filibuster reform, voting rights, john lewis voting rights act, for the people act, gerrymandering, voter suppression, mitch mcconnell, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema, susan collins, lisa murkowski >
- Breitbart News 00:19January 27, 2021Hans von Spakovsky: H.R. 1 Would Make Voter ID Laws 'Unenforceable' NationwideDemocrats' For the People Act would render voter ID laws "unenforceable" across America if codified into law, explained Hans von Spakovsky.
< Politics, Radio, absentee ballots, absentee voting, automatic voter registration, election integrity, For the People Act, Hans von Spakovsky, vote by mail, Voter ID, Voter ID Laws, voter identification, voter registration, voter rolls >
- New York Magazine 23:17January 19, 2021Democrats Push Voting-Rights Expansion With Fresh UrgencyRepublicans will block the reforms, but at the price of underlining an authoritarian strain in their thinking that will outlive Trump’s presidency.
< politics, joe biden, donald trump, republicans, for the people act, democracy reforms, voting rights, voting rights act of 1965, shelby county v. holder, u.s. supreme court, d.c. statehood, mitch mcconnell >