- Breitbart News 17:33September 20, 2021Report: Kyrsten Sinema Issues Joe Biden Ultimatum, Demands House Vote on Senate-Passed $1.2 Trillion Infrastructure Bill by September 27 or No $3.5 Trillion BillSen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) has reportedly demanded House Speaker Pelosi (D-CA) to honor her promise of commencing a vote for the bipartisan infrastructure bill on or before September 27. If the House fails to pass the bill on deadline, Sinema will reportedly not support President Biden's $3.5 trillion trojan horse reconciliation package.
< Economy, Politics, infrastructure, infrastructure bill, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Kurt Schrader, Kyrsten Sinema, Nancy Pelosi >
- Business Insider 13:40September 20, 2021A Senate official dashed Democrats' hopes of expanding citizenship for migrants in the $3.5 trillion budget billThe ruling ends the chances of using the huge spending bill to solve the issue that has faced successive administrations.
< Politics, Democratic Party, Immigration Reform, $3.5 trillion infrastructure bill, dreamers, Senate parliamentrian, budget reconciliation, News UK >
- Business Insider 23:05September 15, 2021Democrats have to pass Biden's agenda or the US won't get back to pre-crisis prosperity, Oxford Economics saysDemocrats have weeks to pass a multitrillion-dollar spending plan. Failing to do so would doom the US to a subpar recovery, the research firm said.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Stimulus, Biden infrastructure, Senate Democrats, House Democrats, infrastructure bill, infrastructure spending, Reconciliation, Oxford Economics, Nancy Vanden Houten, Gregory Daco, economic outlook, Economic Recovery, Policy >
- Business Insider 22:27September 15, 2021Sen. Bernie Sanders remains firm on $3.5 trillion price tag despite grumbles from Sens. Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema"It will be $3.5 trillion. I already compromised... most of the members of the caucus wanted $6 trillion," Sen. Sanders told CNN's Anderson Cooper.
< Politics, Bernie Sanders, infrastructure bill >
- Business Insider 13:30September 13, 2021As Dems try to agree a $3.5 trillion spending plan, Sen. Joe Manchin - whose vote is essential - wants to cut the cost by almost 60%Manchin has repeatedly stood in the way of plans by Democrats to pass huge new government spending. It can't happen without his vote.
< Politics, Sen. Joe Manchin, infrastructure bill 2021, Biden administration, News UK >
- Business Insider 21:52September 9, 2021Industrial stocks will suffer from a 'whittling down' of Biden's infrastructure bill and investors should shed exposure to the sector, CFRA saysCFRA says to cut exposure to the nearly $6 trillion S&P 500 industrial sector, which has gained 16% so far this year.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Industrial Stocks, S&P 500 industrial sector, infrastructure bill, Construction Spending, Construction equipment, Biden agenda, S&P 500 Sectors, stocks and the economy >
- Business Insider 21:18September 8, 2021Democrats want to expand free school lunch to 9 million more kids - and give you universal pre-K and affordable childcare tooThe White House previously estimated that 5 million children would benefit from universal pre-K, and the average family would save $13,000.
< Economy, Markets, Economy, Reconciliation, Biden, Stimulus bill, Build Back Better, Infrastructure, infrastructure bill 2021, infrastructure spending, Childcare, Universal Pre-K, free school meals >
- Business Insider 15:24September 4, 2021The Democrats are on the verge of completely and utterly blowing it for vulnerable AmericansIf the Democrats don't pass the popular reconciliation and bipartisan bills, they'll lose the midterms, rendering Biden's presidency a wash.
< Opinion, Politics, News, Economy, Opinion, BI Commentary, Commentary Freelancer, Democrats, Midterms, Congress, Politics, infrastructure bill, Supreme Court, 2022 elections, Mitch McConnell, Joe Biden >
- Business Insider 23:18August 24, 2021After bitter showdown, House Democrats advance $3.5 trillion spending plan with Biden child allowance and tuition-free community collegeThe vote capped a stunning clash between Pelosi and moderate Democrats that Rep. Ilhan Omar told reporters it was a "sh*tshow."
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, Josh Gottheimer, Biden infrastructure bill, Biden infrastructure, Medicare, Taxes, Free community college, Ilhan Omar, Economy >
- Business Insider 18:13August 23, 2021Biden's $3.5 trillion economic plans could see big cuts as moderate Sen. Kyrsten Sinema doubles down in opposition to costThe plan could pave the way for Medicare's expansion, initiatives to combat the climate crisis, and set up tuition-free community college.
< Economy, Politics, Policy, Kyrsten Sinema, Joe Manchin, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, Nancy Pelosi, Biden infrastructure bill >
- New York Magazine 23:19August 20, 2021Democrats Should (Privately) Write Off 2022 and Just GovernWhen the deal goes down on Biden’s agenda in Congress, vulnerable Democrats should not be given bragging rights for thwarting their own party.
< politics, 2022 midterms, nancy pelosi, joe biden, chuck schumer, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema, centrists, bill clinton, donald trump, george w. bush, barack obama, vision 2024, fy 2022 budget reconciliation bill, bipartisan infrastructure bill >
- Business Insider 18:38August 18, 2021These 12 stocks will benefit most from Biden's $1 trillion infrastructure plan, according to Bank of AmericaThe spending plan includes funding for roads, bridges, and broadband. Expect engineering, construction, and machinery stocks to win out, BofA said.
< Economy, Markets, Features, Biden infrastructure, Biden infrastructure plan, Biden infrastructure bill, infrastructure bill 2021, infrastructure bill, infrastructure stocks, Stock Picks, Bank of America, engineering stocks, construction stocks, machinery stocks, Economy >
- Breitbart News 04:58August 15, 2021Exclusive: How 'Buy American' Rules Were Kept Out of Infrastructure BillAmidst some of the worst days of the Chinese coronavirus crisis in 2020, former Trump administration officials were seeing firsthand the impact of the United States' dependence on foreign imports as a result of decades-long free trade policies.
< Economy, Politics, American manufacturing, American workers, buy american, Democrats, economic nationalism, infrastructure bill, Joe Biden, Made in America, Middle Class, Republican Hindu Coalition, Republicans >
- Business Insider 18:09August 14, 2021South Carolina county GOP censures Sen. Lindsey Graham after he voted for $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure billThe Aiken County GOP said Graham "consciously violated the platform of the South Carolina Republican Party" by backing the infrastructure bill.
< Politics, Lindsey Graham, South Carolina, Republican Party, infrastructure bill 2021, Transportation, Tim Scott >
- Business Insider 16:19August 13, 2021Rep. Anna Eshoo urged Nancy Pelosi to change the crypto tax language in the infrastructure bill - and there's now a NFT of her letterRep. Anna Eshoo urged House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to change the crypto-tax language in the $1 trillion infrastructure bill in a letter dated Thursday.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, crypto, NFT, infrastructure bill 2021, Broker, Markets, Anna Eshoo, Nancy Pelosi >
- Breitbart News 03:56August 13, 2021Far-Left Democrats: No Infrastructure Bill Without Amnesty for Illegal AliensDemocrats with the Progressive Caucus are alerting lawmakers that they will block the so-called bipartisan infrastructure bill, which 19 Senate Republicans supported, unless amnesty for millions of illegal aliens is passed through Congress.
< Economy, Immigration, Politics, Amnesty, Democrats, Illegal Aliens, illegal immigration, infrastructure bill, Nancy Pelosi, On the Hill, Progressive Caucus, Republicans >
- Observer 19:15August 12, 2021Bill Gates Offers $1.5 Billion for Government-Led Climate Projects on One ConditionGates' Breakthrough Energy wants to be a partner with the federal government.
< Biden infrastructure plan, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, climate change, infrastructure bill >
- Breitbart News 02:58August 12, 2021Ayanna Pressley Takes Victory Lap, Declares ‘Climate Justice Is Infrastructure’ After GOP Caves to Biden Hoax BillRep. Ayanna Pressley (D-MA) took a victory lap on Twitter by equating the left-wing cause for "climate justice" with infrastructure.
< Economy, Politics, Ayanna Pressley, Climate Change, infrastructure bill, Kevin McCarthy >
- Breitbart News 02:30August 12, 2021Democrats: Passage of Infrastructure Bill Is Step Toward Massive AmnestySenate and House Democrats are relishing in the passage, with the help of 19 Senate Republicans, of a so-called bipartisan infrastructure bill which they see as a building block toward a massive amnesty plan for millions of illegal aliens.
< Economy, Immigration, Politics, Alex Padilla, Amnesty, Ayanna Pressley, Chuck Schumer, Democrats, Illegal Aliens, illegal immigration, infrastructure bill, mass immigration, Nancy Pelosi, Republicans >
- Breitbart News 20:00August 11, 2021Job Creators Network Slams 'Socialist' Infrastructure Hoax, GOP Senators Who Voted for It: Suffering from 'Republican Stockholm Syndrome'Alfredo Ortiz, president and CEO of the pro-small business group Job Creators Network, slammed the 19 Republican U.S. Senators who supported the Democrat-backed infrastructure bill as suffering from "Republican Stockholm Syndrome" and said the $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill "is just table ante for Democrats’ $3.5 trillion socialist bill that will quickly follow."
< Politics, Alfredo Ortiz, infrastructure bill, Job Creators Network >
- New York Magazine 17:09August 11, 2021One Cheer for the Infrastructure DealIf a bipartisan infrastructure bill was necessary to get 50 Senate Democrats to vote for the reconciliation bill it was worth it — but just barely.
< politics, bipartisan infrastructure bill, fy 2022 budget reconciliation, joe biden, bipartisanship, voting rights, john lewis voting rights act, comprehensive immigration reform, minimum wage increase, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema >
- Business Insider 12:53August 11, 2021Senate Democrats advance $3.5 trillion spending package in party-line vote without RepublicansThe Senate budget blueprint now goes to the House, but Biden may struggle keeping Democrats in lock-step.
< Economy, Politics, Chuck Schumer, Bernie Sanders, White House, Republicans, Democrats, infrastructure bill, Child tax credit, Joe Biden, Policy >
- Breitbart News 04:52August 11, 2021Senate Republicans Approve Racial Quotas, Migration Incentives for Broadband in Infrastructure BillNineteen Senate Republicans voted with Democrats to approve expanding broadband across the United States based on racial quotas and the migration levels of American communities as part of a so-called bipartisan infrastructure bill.
< Immigration, Politics, blue states, Broadband, Democrats, infrastructure bill, mass immigration, racial quotas, Republicans >
- Breitbart News 04:34August 11, 2021Senate Republicans Greenlight Outsourcing of U.S. Manufacturing Jobs with Infrastructure Bill PassageA group of 19 Senate Republicans helped greenlight outsourcing of American manufacturing jobs with the passage of the so-called bipartisan infrastructure bill that provides giant carve-outs for industries to bypass "Buy American" rules.
< Economy, Politics, American workers, China, Democrats, infrastructure bill, Manufacturing Jobs, Middle Class, offshoring, Outsourcing, Republicans, working class >
- Breitbart News 23:22August 10, 2021Joe Biden: Andrew Cuomo Did a 'Hell of a Job' as Governor Aside from 'Personal Behavior'After a speech celebrating his success with the infrastructure bill passing the Senate, Biden was asked by CBS News reporter Ed O'Keefe about Cuomo's record as governor of New York.
< Politics, Andrew Cuomo, infrastructure bill, Joe Biden >
- Breitbart News 19:20August 10, 2021Exclusive — Sen. Bill Hagerty: Nancy Pelosi Will Hold $1.2 Trillion Infrastructure Package Hostage to Force Senate Democrats to Vote for Additional $3.5 Trillion BillSen. Bill Hagerty said House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is holding the $1.2 trillion "infrastructure deal" hostage for another $3.5 trillion bill.
< Economy, Politics, Radio, Bernie Sanders, Bill Hagerty, human infrastructure, infrastructure, infrastructure bill, infrastructure deal, infrastructure package, Nancy Pelosi, On the Hill >
- Business Insider 18:47August 10, 2021Mitch McConnell joins the bipartisan Senate gang voting for Biden's $1 trillion infrastructure billMcConnell joined other Senate Republicans in approving Biden's infrastructure bill, but he won't support a $3.5 trillion Democratic spending plan.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Mitch McConnell, Joe Biden, White House, Republicans, Democrats, Biden administration, infrastructure bill, National Debt, Policy, Economy >
- Business Insider 18:11August 10, 2021Trump slams McConnell as 'the most overrated man in politics' ahead of final vote for $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill"I have quietly said for years that Mitch McConnell is the most overrated man in politics - now I don't have to be quiet anymore," Trump said.
< Politics, Economy, Donald Trump, Mitch McConnell, infrastructure bill 2021, infrastructure spending, Senate, Policy >
- Business Insider 16:23August 10, 2021GOP Sen. Bill Hagerty brags about 'successfully' delaying Biden's infrastructure bill"While I recognize that I delayed the August recess, the stakes are too high here," the Tennessee lawmaker said in a statement on Monday.
< Politics, Economy, Bill Hagerty, Infrastructure, Senate, Congress, Biden infrastructure bill, Republicans, Democrats >
- Business Insider 15:21August 10, 2021Crypto tax amendment fails to pass in the Senate despite last-minute compromise in infrastructure billThe crypto tax reporting amendment, which clarifies who is impacted by the new rules, failed to pass in the Senate by just one vote on Monday.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, crypto, cryptocurrency, Crypto tax, infrastructure bill, infrastructure bill 2021, Crypto Regulation, US Senate lawmakers, Senate >
- Business Insider 17:09August 9, 2021Mark Cuban says shutting off crypto 'growth engine' would be like banning e-commerce in 1995 as debate rages over infrastructure billMark Cuban said tough regulation on crypto would be like shutting down e-commerce in the 1990s due to fears over credit card fraud.
< Markets, Markets, MI Exclusive, crypto, Mark Cuban, Crypto tax, infrastructure bill, Crypto Regulation, Jack Dorsey, Cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin, Crypto mining >
- Business Insider 22:52August 8, 2021AOC, progressive lawmakers call out moderate House Democrats over 'concerns' about $3.5 trillion reconciliation package"Just bc something is 'bipartisan' doesn't mean it's good," tweeted AOC in a message aimed at moderate House Democrats. "Look at Wall St bailouts."
< Politics, Economy, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, House Progressive Caucus, Moderates, House Democrats, Nancy Pelosi, AOC, infrastructure bill 2021 >
- Business Insider 22:34August 8, 2021Inside the Senate's sudden cryptocurrency showdown holding up the Biden infrastructure billThe fight between two bipartisan Senate gangs is scrambling partisan politics and may provide a glimpse into future cryptocurrency regulations.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Economy, Policy, Ron Wyden, Mark Warner, Jon Ossoff, Elon Musk, Cryptocurrencies, crypto, Crypto tax, Biden infrastructure bill, Congress, Senate, weekend BI US >
- Business Insider 01:22August 8, 2021A lone GOP senator is slowing down the Biden infrastructure bill he's already opposed to"I'm not slowing the bill down," Sen. Bill Hagerty told Insider. He's refusing to fast-track the bipartisan $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill.
< Politics, News, Policy, infrastructure bill, Bill Hagerty >
- Business Insider 21:03August 7, 2021Senate advances $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill, bringing it closer to final passage with McConnell's supportRepublicans and Democrats clashing over rival amendments to collect unpaid taxes on cryptocurrencies, which could stymie final passage.
< Economy, Politics, Policy, Chuck Schumer, Mitch McConnell, infrastructure bill, Crypto assets, Cryptocurrencies, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, White House, Joe Biden, Biden infrastructure >
- Business Insider 19:00August 7, 2021Trump blasts $1 trillion bipartisan infrastructure package as 'a disgrace' before key vote, criticizes McConnell's leadershipTrump accused Senate Republicans of bowing to Democrats and warned them to "think twice before you approve this terrible deal."
< Politics, Economy, Donald Trump, senate republicans, infrastructure bill 2021, Mitch McConnell, Rob Portman, Congressional Budget Office >
- Breitbart News 17:28August 7, 2021Donald Trump: Infrastructure Bill Is a 'Gift to the Democrat Party, Compliments of Mitch McConnell'Former President Donald Trump issued a statement Saturday slamming the infrastructure bill as a "gift to the Democrat Party, compliments of Mitch McConnell."
< Politics, Donald Trump, infrastructure, infrastructure bill >
- New York Magazine 23:55August 6, 2021Crypto-Amendment Fight Holds Up $1 Trillion Infrastructure PackageThe cryptocurrency industry is throwing its weight around in D.C. amid an attempt to require increased tax compliance.
< politics, bipartisan infrastructure bill, cryptocurrencies, ron wyden, biden administration, rob portman >
- Business Insider 18:21August 6, 2021Sam Bankman-Fried breaks down how the crypto tax provision in the infrastructure bill could force swaths of the industry out of the USThe FTX CEO said the latest amendment to the crypto tax provision in the infrastructure bill may apply to entities that won't be apply to comply.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, crypto, Crypto tax, infrastructure bill, Sam Bankman-Fried, Kraken >
- Business Insider 15:53August 6, 2021Schumer accuses Republicans of slowing down $1 trillion infrastructure package after a lone GOP Senator snarled up the timelineA sole Republican senator blocked efforts to speed up the package of Biden's landmark infrastructure bill.
< Politics, infrastructure bill, News UK >
- Business Insider 15:02August 6, 2021White House backs senators in debate over the need for tougher crypto regulations with a surprise statementThe White House's surprise statement came as senators debated crypto regulation as part of the bipartisan infrastructure bill.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, White House, infrastructure bill, infrastructure bill 2021, Crypto Regulation, crypto, cryptocurrency, Cryptocurrency Regulation, Crypto tax >
- Business Insider 23:36August 5, 2021Inside Senate Republicans' dismissal of Trump as he tries to torpedo Biden's infrastructure bill from the sidelinesSen. John Thune told Insider he disagrees with Trump. "You want to celebrate successes no matter when they happen." Other Republicans agree with him.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Donald Trump, Mitch McConnell, Republicans, Democrats, infrastructure bill, Reconciliation, Trump administration, National Debt, Biden administration, Economy, Bill Cassidy, John Thune, John Cornyn >
- Business Insider 22:24August 5, 2021Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong says proposed crypto tax rules 'make no sense' and will push innovation out of the US"This makes no sense," Armstrong said. "This provision could have a profound negative impact on crypto in the US and unintentionally push more innovation offshore."
< Markets, MI Exclusive, crypto, cryptocurrency, Crypto Regulation, Coinbase, coinbase ceo, brian armstrong, infrastructure bill >
- Business Insider 16:19August 5, 20213 US Senators are proposing amendments the infrastructure bill that would put some of the cryptocurrency market out of its reachSens. Ron Wyden, Patrick J. Toomey, and Cynthia Lummis filed an amendment to exclude crypto miners and software developers from tax reporting requirements in the bill.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, crypto, infrastructure bill, Crypto tax, Cynthia Lummis >
- Business Insider 15:40August 5, 2021Amtrak would get a new mandate in the $1 trillion infrastructure bill that includes a reduced focus on profitability and better foodThe infrastructure bill would be a win for Amtrak supporters that say the rail corporation should be focused on connectivity over profits if passed.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Planes, BITranspo, Business Visual Features, train travel, Trains, Amtrak, Travel, infrastructure bill 2021, infrastructure bill, Infrastructure, Rail travel >
- Breitbart News 01:32August 5, 2021Exclusive — Mark Morgan: 'White House and Democrats Are Trying to Pass Through a Mass Amnesty as Part of Infrastructure'Mark Morgan, former acting CBP commissioner, said Democrats plan to include an amnesty proposal within ostensibly infrastructure-focused bill.
< Border / Cartel Chronicles, Politics, Radio, Amnesty, border, Border Crisis, border crossers, Border Patrol, border security, CBP, coronavirus, COVID-19, Customs and Border Patrol, Customs and Border Protection, Customs and Border Protection (CBP), DACA Amnesty, human infrastructure, Illegal Immigrants, illegal immigration, immigration, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, infrastructure, infrastructure bill, infrastructure deal, infrastructure package, Mark Morgan, mass immigration, Migrant Got-Away, Open Borders, public health, Southern Border, U.S. Border Patrol, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), U.S.-Mexico border >
- New York Magazine 23:19August 4, 2021Silly Season Arrives in Senate as Major Legislation AdvancesGet ready for “messaging amendments” and “vote-a-ramas” as pointless debate precedes passage of the infrastructure bill and the budget resolution.
< politics, u.s. senate, amendments, bipartisan infrastructure bill, fy 2022 budget resolution, fy 2022 budget reconciliation bill, fy 2021 budget resolution, fy 2021 budget reconciliation bill, vote-a-rama, ron johnson, chuck schumer, joe biden >
- Breitbart News 04:17August 3, 2021Pinkerton: Made in the USA or Made in China? The Glaring Problem with Biden’s Infrastructure BillJoe Biden promised that the "materials and products" in his infrastructure plan would be Made in America. But the bill currently drafted contains a huge loophole that can send those jobs to China.
< Economy, Environment, Midterm Election, China, infrastructure, infrastructure bill, Joe Biden, Made in America >
- Breitbart News 01:02August 3, 2021Big Business Lobby Urges Lawmakers to Quickly Pass 'Infrastructure' BillThe United States Chamber of Commerce is lobbying lawmakers to quickly pass the so-called "infrastructure" bill, crafted by a group of Senate Democrats and Republicans, that was officially unveiled on Sunday evening.
< Economy, Politics, Big Business, Chamber of Commerce, Democrats, infrastructure bill, Republicans >
- Breitbart News 00:34August 3, 2021So-Called 'Infrastructure' Bill Includes Racial Quotas for BroadbandThe so-called "infrastructure" bill, crafted by a group of Senate Democrats and Republicans, includes provisions to deliver broadband across the United States based on racial quotas and depending on the number of newly arrived immigrants.
< Economy, Politics, Broadband, Democrats, infrastructure bill, Republicans >