- Business Insider 22:38May 13, 2021Cryptocurrency exchange Binance is under investigation by the Justice Department and the IRS, report saysBinance isn't accused of any wrongdoing by the federal agencies, Bloomberg reported. The US is widely trying to root out illicit activity in the crypto market.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Binance, crypto-exchange, Investigation, doj, IRS, Binance Holdings, Changpeng Zhao, Cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin >
- Business Insider 19:47May 13, 2021Manhattan DA prosecutors subpoenaed an elite Manhattan private school as part of its investigation into TrumpTrump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg's grandchildren are students at Columbia Grammar & Preparatory School, the school that was subpoenaed.
< Politics, Speed, Donald Trump, Trump Organization, Investigation, Manhattan, school >
- Business Insider 13:28May 13, 2021Former White House counsel Don McGahn has agreed to a closed-door interview with lawmakers on Trump's alleged attempts to block the Russia investigationThe House Judiciary Committee said it had reached an agreement with McGahn for him to do a private but transcribed interview.
< Politics, News UK, Speed, Don McGahn, Donald Trump, Mueller investigation >
- New York Magazine 16:52May 3, 2021Giuliani Proves Republicans Think Russian Collusion Is FineThe latest strange turn in the “Russia collusion hoax.”
< politics, the national interest, rudy giuliani, donald trump, russia investigation >
- New York Times 18:43May 2, 2021Love or Spycraft: What Landed an American Teacher in a Cuban Prison?It was a romance steeped in international intrigue, and it landed Alina López Miyares in a Cuban prison. How much did she know about the web that entangled her?
< United States International Relations, Americans Abroad, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Havana (Cuba), Miami Beach (Fla) >
- Breaking Defense 23:50April 29, 2021DHS: Ransomware IS National Security ThreatThe Ransomware Task Force report, a most comprehensive effort on this topic, includes 48 recommendations to tackle this growing threat.
< Networks / Cyber, Pentagon, Threats, Alejandro Mayorkas, CyberAttacks, cybercom, CyberCommand, cybersecurity, Department of Homeland Security, dhs, DHS Secretary, FBI, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Institute for Security and Technology, intelligence community, ransomware >
- Business Insider 00:08April 29, 2021A grand jury has been impaneled in the federal investigation into Rudy GiulianiRudy Giuliani's attorney told ABC News that his assistant was doled a subpoena to appear in front of a federal grand jury in May.
< Politics, Giuliani, federal investigation, FBI, Grand Jury, Breaking >
- Business Insider 15:54April 27, 2021Pornhub founder Feras Antoon's $20 million Montreal mansion went up in flames after a suspected arson attackMore than 80 firefighters spent three hours putting the fire out at Pornhub founder Feras Antoon's mansion, which was under construction.
< Tech Insider, PornHub, CEOs, Tech Insider, Arson, Mansion, Montreal, pornography, Fire, Police, Investigation >
- Business Insider 14:02April 17, 2021David Einhorn slammed the SEC for not noticing the 'real story' of Archegos, which he says involves the firm driving a 400% gain in a company short-sellers call a fraudEinhorn says the SEC should've noticed a 400% gain in GSX Techedu driven by Archegos buying most of the company's available stock.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, David Einhorn, Archegos liquidation, Archegos SEC, SEC probe Archegos, GSX Techedu, GSX Techedu stock, sec investigation, Block trade >
- Breaking Defense 21:02April 14, 2021Revealed: Secret FBI Cyber Op To Clean Exchange ServersThis operation — which involved the FBI cleaning malware from non-FBI owned and operated servers — appears to be unprecedented, at least at this scale and via this legal procedure.
< Networks / Cyber, Threats, cyber operations, cybersecurity, Department of Justice, DoJ, FBI, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Justice Department, Microsoft Exchange Hack >
- Business Insider 02:08April 14, 2021Indicted Gaetz associate has been cooperating with federal investigators since last year, New York Times reportsGreenberg told investigators that he and Rep. Matt Gaetz had met with women who were given cash or gifts in exchange for sex, The Times reported.
< Politics, Matt Gaetz, Joel Greenberg, Justice Department, Investigation >
- Business Insider 17:00April 13, 2021XRP soars 28% as Ripple executives motion to dismiss SEC suitRipple Labs' XRP token reached its highest point in over three years after company executives filed a motion to dismiss an SEC lawsuit.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, XRP price, XRP, Ripple Labs, Ripple SEC suit, Ripple XRP price, sec investigation, bitcoin all time high, ether record high >
- Business Insider 23:40April 2, 2021Discovery Plus is the perfect streaming service for fans of nonfiction shows, but its interface needs some workDiscovery Plus is an ideal streaming option for fans of Discovery, TLC, Animal Planet, Food Network, and HGTV. The platform starts at just $5/month.
< Entertainment, Reviews, Streaming (Reviews), Tech & Electronics (Reviews), Tech Insider, Discovery Plus, Streaming, Discovery Channel, Food Network, History, Travel Channel, TLC, Investigation Discovery, OWN, HGTV, Planet Earth, Animal Planet, A&E, Insider Reviews 2021, Magnolia Network, DIY, Lifetime, IP Streaming, Tech, IP Tech, TV >
- Business Insider 20:45April 1, 2021Who is Rep. Matt Gaetz's fiancée? Meet Ginger Luckey, a 26-year-old Harvard business student and the congressman's 'travel buddy'The pair met at Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort in March 2020 where Ginger Luckey's mother "dragged" her to an event, she told the Daily Mail.
< Politics, Matt Gaetz, Ginger Luckey, Palmer Luckey, oculus, Facebook, Trump, Mar-a-Lago resort, Florida, Investigation >
- Huffington Post UK 10:44April 1, 2021CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Revival Officially In The Works
< Entertainment, uktv, TV drama, nostalgia, we love tv, William Petersen, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Jorja Fox, tv-drama, we-love-tv, william-petersen, csi-crime-scene-investigation, jorja-fox >
- New York Magazine 15:00March 31, 2021Russia Keeps Bribing Foreign Politicians. Is Trump Different?Another payoff exposed, this time in Ukraine, that looks just like Trump’s Moscow deal.
< politics, the national interest, donald trump, russia investigation, mueller report >
- Business Insider 16:30March 29, 2021The UK Competition Authority accused Facebook of monopolizing the global supply of GIFs on purchasing GiphyThe UK's Competition and Markets Authority has highlighted "competition concerns" after Facebook's multi-million dollar purchase of Giphy in May 2020.
< Tech Insider, Tech Contributors, International, International Contributors, Nordic, BI General Contributors, BI International, Business Insider España, Jeevan Ravindran, Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Data, Antitrust, antitrust lawsuit, Antitrust Investigation, Competition and Markets Authority (CMA), Competition and Markets Authority, Competition Laws, Giphy, GIFs, Tenor, Google, Monopoly >
- Business Insider 15:00March 25, 2021Investigations of workplace harassment or sexism claims have intensified under '#MeToo scrutiny' but that doesn't guarantee they're legitimateThere is no one standard way to conduct a workplace investigation, experts told Insider. But generally, to start, they must include an impartial investigator.
< News, Investigations, Workplace Culture, Harassment, Sexism, Misogyny, #MeToo movement, United Way >
- Business Insider 19:29March 19, 2021Visa slips 5% on report the DOJ is investigating the firm's debit-card practicesVisa fell as much as 5% on Friday after a report said the DOJ is investigating the firm for "anti-competitive practices" in its debit-card business.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Visa, Visa debt-card, Department of Justice, DOJ Investigation, visa stock, visa stock price >
- Business Insider 18:29March 19, 2021Visa is reportedly under investigation by the Justice Department over anticompetitive practicesThe DOJ is looking into whether the company has kept merchants from routing debit-card transactions over less expensive networks, the Journal said.
< Finance, News, Visa, Debit Card, Justice Department, doj, Investigation, Wall Street Journal >
- Petapixel 17:44March 18, 2021David Alan Harvey Has Resigned From Magnum PhotosDavid Alan Harvey, who has been at the center of controversy around images he took in 1989 which may or may not feature underage sex workers, has announced that he has resigned as a Magnum Photos photographer. Magun had previously suspended Harvey for one year while it investigated a “confidential complaint.” Harvey has been the […]
< Industry, News, allegations, claims, confidential, davidalanharvey, harassment, investigation, magnum, magnumphotos, magnumphotosagency, misconduct, photoagency, photojournalism, photojournalist, resigned, suspended >
- Business Insider 20:46March 11, 2021Brussels is struggling to gather evidence against Amazon in an antitrust case it openedEuropean Commission antitrust investigators are having trouble understanding how the Amazon algorithm works, insiders told the Financial Times.
< Retail, Retail Contributors, Law, Law & Order Contributors, International, International Contributors, Nordic, BI General Contributors, BI International, Business Insider España, Jeevan Ravindran, Amazon, Brussels, European Union, Antitrust, Antitrust Investigation >
- Business Insider 22:03March 10, 2021The SEC warns investors of buying celebrity-backed SPACs as the blank-check craze persistsJohn Coates, Acting Director of the SEC's Division of Corporation Finance said the regulator is taking a "hard look" at SPACs.
< Markets, Finance, MI Exclusive, Markets, SPACs, SPAC boom, SPAC investing, SPAC bubble, sec investigation, SEC, Celebrity SPACs, IPO >
- Business Insider 18:51March 9, 2021Congressman asks SEC to investigate $54 million trade in Oshkosh just hours before announcement of USPS fleet-contract"It definitely stinks and needs to be looked into at the highest levels," Congressman Tim Ryan said in an interview.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Oshkosh, Stock Market, Electric Vehicles, stock market 2021, SEC, sec investigation, Workhorse, Stocks, Markets >
- Business Insider 13:08March 8, 2021Facebook is being investigated for 'systemic' racial bias in hiring and promotionsFacebook is being investigated by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, after job applicants and one manager sued it alleging discrimination.
< Tech Insider, Tech Contributors, Facebook, Racism, Investigation, Hiring, Promotion >
- Business Insider 13:29March 6, 2021Rudy Giuliani's legal woes mount as a federal criminal investigation into his Ukraine dealings resumes, report saysGiuliani, Trump's longtime personal attorney, is also facing lawsuits linked to his baseless claims of voter fraud during the presidential election.
< Politics, News, Law, UK Weekend, News UK, Rudy Giuliani, New York, Criminal Investigation, Ukraine, Donald Trump >
- Business Insider 01:51March 5, 2021The national debt will nearly double by 2051 if taxing and spending stay the same, CBO saysThe CBO's report doesn't account for Democrats' $1.9 trillion stimulus, and could give Republicans more firepower in their fight against the bill.
< Economy, Markets, Economy, Government Debt, US Debt, Federal Debt, Federal Deficit, Government Debt Investigation, CBO, Congressional Budget Office, Biden stimulus >
- Business Insider 06:16February 27, 2021FBI pinpoints a single suspect in the death of US Capitol Police Officer Brian SicknickFederal investigators zeroed in on the assailant after video footage showed the suspect attacking officers with bear spray, The Times reported.
< Military & Defense, Politics, Brian Sicknick, Capitol Siege, capitol riots, Federal Bureau of Investigation >
- Business Insider 18:52February 25, 2021Trump has finally turned his taxes over to New York prosecutors after losing a lengthy court fightManhattan prosecutors now have access to a treasure trove of information about the complex world of Trump's finances.
< Politics, News, trump taxes, Donald Trump, trump investigations >
- Breitbart News 20:17February 22, 2021Supreme Court Allows Subpoena of Trump's Tax Returns to ContinueSupreme Court will allow a subpoena of former President Donald Trump’s tax returns to continue, clearing the way for prosecutors in New York to receive eight years of the ex-president's tax returns and financial records.
< Crime, Law and Order, Politics, investigation, Southern District of New York, subpoena, Supreme Court, tax returns >
- Business Insider 16:44February 22, 2021The FAA has closed investigations into SpaceX's explosive Starship tests, clearing the way for the launch of a new prototype, SN10Elon Musk said the new SpaceX Starship, SN10, had a "good chance of flying this week" after the FAA finished its investigations into previous crashes.
< Tech Insider, Transportation, SpaceX, Space, Space Exploration Technologies, Elon Musk, Tech Insider, Science, Starship, Mars, FAA, Investigation >
- Huffington Post UK 11:19February 22, 2021Deathbed Letter From Former Cop Claims NYPD, FBI Helped Kill Malcolm X
< News, Politics, Society and Culture, Crime and Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation, New York City Police Department, Undercover operation, Benjamin Crump, Audubon Ballroom, Ray Wood, society-and-culture, crime-and-justice, federal-bureau-of-investigation, new-york-city-police-department, undercover-operation, benjamin-crump, audubon-ballroom, ray-wood >
- New York Magazine 17:00February 20, 2021An Ex-KGB Agent Says Trump Was a Russian Asset Since 1987. Does it Matter?Revisiting the Trump-Russia mystery in light of the newest revelation.
< politics, the national interest, donald trump, vladimir putin, russia investigation >
- Business Insider 09:53February 20, 2021New York prosecutors subpoenaed a property tax agency as part of a criminal investigation into Trump's business dealingsNew York officials have been investigating if Trump falsely reported the value of his assets for loan and tax benefits.
< Politics, News, Donald Trump, Tax, Taxes, Attorney General, New York, New York City, Manhattan, Property Taxes, Criminal Investigation >
- Huffington Post UK 11:01February 15, 2021Impeachment Isn't The Final Word On Capitol Riot For Trump
< News, Politics, Politics and Government, Donald Trump, elections, White House, Criminal investigation, United States Attorney, Legal liability, Laurie Levenson, politics-and-government, donald-trump, white-house, criminal-investigation, united-states-attorney, legal-liability, laurie-levenson >
- Business Insider 18:44February 10, 2021Georgia prosecutors have launched a criminal investigation into Trump's election pressure campaign: NYTFulton County District Attorney Fani Willis has sent a letter to state officials asking them to keep materials that are related to Trump's phone call.
< Politics, Georgia, Donald Trump, Brad Raffensperger, election interference, Criminal Investigation >
- Breitbart News 22:59February 7, 2021Former Senate GOP, RNC Staffer Accused of Distributing Child PornographyA former Senate GOP and Republican National Committee (RNC) staffer accused of distributing child pornography was arrested at his Washington, D.C., home Friday.
< Crime, Politics, Pre-Viral, Child Pornography, Homeland Security Investigations, Republican National Committee, Senate GOP, Washington DC >
- Business Insider 18:01February 7, 2021Michael Flynn reportedly shot down an offer to be Donald Trump's chief of staff because of legal debts from the Russia investigationFlynn was the former national security advisor who was fired just weeks into the job. Since then, he's been one of Trump's fiercest supporters.
< Politics, Michael Flynn, Trump administration, White House, QAnon, Russia investigation, Impeachment, Mueller investigation >
- Business Insider 15:02February 4, 2021The SEC is hunting down possible misinformation on social media posts for signs of fraud in Reddit-driven trading frenzy, report saysUsers of the Wall Street Bets forum took a jab at the regulator, by posting a discussion thread to greet SEC "interns."
< Markets, Finance, SEC, sec investigation, Reddit, reddit traders, GameStop, trading frenzy, Investigation, Finance >
- Huffington Post UK 13:07January 30, 2021Woman Arrested After Boasting On Selfie She Wanted To Shoot Nancy Pelosi, FBI Says
< Society and Culture, Crime and Justice, Crime, Nancy Pelosi, Selfies, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Arrest, capitol riot, Capitol, threat, society-and-culture, crime-and-justice, crime, nancy-pelosi, selfies, federal-bureau-of-investigation, arrest, capitol-riot, capitol, NEWS, news >
- Business Insider 14:26January 16, 2021Georgia prosecutor seriously considering a criminal investigation into Trump's election interference, report saysThe inquiry would mainly focus on Trump's phone call with Brad Raffensperger, in which he asked the secretary of state to 'find' 11,780 votes.
< Politics, News, UK Weekend, News UK, Donald Trump, Raffensperger, Georgia, Georgia election, 2020 election, trump investigation, Fani Willis >
- New York Times 01:35January 16, 2021Mexico Frees a General, and Wounds Its Alliance With the U.S.The Biden administration will need to rebuild drug-enforcement cooperation after Mexico exonerated Gen. Salvador Cienfuegos, discounting U.S. evidence that he worked for a cartel.
< Cienfuegos Zepeda, Salvador, Drug Cartels, Lopez Obrador, Andres Manuel, Mexico, Drug Enforcement Administration, Defense and Military Forces, Drug Abuse and Traffic, Wiretapping and Other Eavesdropping Devices and Methods, Informers, Federal Bureau of Investigation, H-2 Cartel, Biden, Joseph R Jr >
- Business Insider 22:28January 15, 2021Pelosi says Congress members may face prosecution if an investigation shows they were accomplices in Capitol siege"This punk," Pelosi said of a rioter who wore a shirt with the words "Camp Auschwitz" on it, "...requires us to have an after-action review."
< Politics, News, Nancy Pelosi, Congress, Capitol Siege, Riots, FBI, lawmakers, Prosecution, Investigation >
- Business Insider 19:53January 15, 2021Exxon slides 6% after SEC launches investigation into the oil giant's asset valuationsAn Exxon employee alleges that the company overvalued a key oil and gas property in Texas' Permian Basin, according to the Wall Street Journal.
< Markets, Exxon stock price, Exxon Mobil, Exxon Mobil stock price, WSJ, Exxon Mobil stock, xom, XOM stock price, sec investigation, SEC probe, Stocks, Stock Market >
- Huffington Post UK 20:31January 8, 2021Hey FBI, Seth Meyers Has A Tip About Who Incited That Pro-Trump Mob
< Donald Trump, entertainment, Rudy Giuliani, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Seth Meyers, United States Capitol, donald-trump, rudy-giuliani, federal-bureau-of-investigation, seth-meyers, united-states-capitol, ENTERTAINMENT, News, news >
- New York Magazine 14:00January 4, 2021The Lab-Leak HypothesisFor decades, scientists have been hot-wiring viruses in hopes of preventing a pandemic, not causing one. But what if …?
< coronavirus, covid-19, science, health, investigations >
- Business Insider 04:52December 30, 2020The New York prosecutor investigating Trump's tax records is calling in reinforcements as the president's time in office comes to an endFTI Consulting was asked to consult prosecutors on whether or not Trump's company altered the value of some assets for tax purposes.
< Law, Politics, Trump, Investigation, manhattan district attorney, Cyrus Vance, Donald Trump, Trump Organization >
- New York Magazine 05:10December 24, 2020Trump Completes Russiagate Cover-up by Pardoning Paul ManafortStill not a hoax.
< politics, the national interest, donald trump, paul manafort, russia investigation, robert mueller >
- Business Insider 03:25December 24, 2020Trump pardons former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, who was convicted of multiple felonies and described as a 'grave counterintelligence threat'Manafort was convicted of tax fraud, bank fraud, and failure to report foreign bank accounts. He also pleaded guilty to conspiracy and obstruction.
< Politics, News, Donald Trump, Paul Manafort, Russia investigation, russia probe, robert mueller, mueller probe, FBI >
- New York Times 13:00December 19, 2020Lebanese Officials Try to Limit Inquiry Into Deadly Beirut BlastMonths after a huge explosion in Beirut’s port, the investigation has become mired in politics as powerful forces band together to block efforts to hold leaders accountable.
< Politics and Government, Beirut, Lebanon, Explosions (2020), Corruption (Institutional), Immunity from Prosecution, Explosions (Accidental), Hezbollah, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Aoun, Michel (1935- ), Diab, Hassan (1959- ), Beirut (Lebanon), Lebanon >