- New York Magazine 18:00July 24, 2021Democrats Can’t Out-Organize a Gerrymander — or Outflank Joe ManchinVoting rights advocates shouldn’t expect Biden to do the impossible in Congress, while Biden should understand there are laws you cannot out-organize.
< politics, voting rights, joe biden, voter suppression, filibuster, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema, 2022 midterms, republicans, democrats >
- New York Magazine 18:46July 23, 2021A Brief Guide to Congress’s Packed Summer ScheduleWith conflicting reports on late-night talks and meaningless failed votes, it’s hard to track what Congress is doing. Here’s their pre-recess plan.
< politics, budget, bipartisan infrastructure deal, congress, biden agenda, american family plan, american jobs plan, debt limit, appropriations, joe manchin, joe biden, donald trump, covid-19 stimulus, fy 2022 budget reconciliation bill, fy 2022 budget resolution, chuck schumer, nancy pelosi, mitch mcconnell >
- Breitbart News 23:08July 21, 2021Senate Blocks $1.2 Trillion Bipartisan Infrastructure BillThe Senate blocked Wednesday the legislative vehicle for the $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill on Wednesday.
< Politics, Club For Growth, infrastructure, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, reconciliation bill, socialist >
- Breitbart News 18:30July 20, 2021Joe Manchin Backs Biden Nominee Involved in Ecoterrorist PlotSen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) plans to support Tracy Stone-Manning, President Joe Biden’s controversial nominee to lead the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), despite her past involvement in an ecoterrorist operation and history of promoting extremist views, such as population control.
< Environment, Politics, Bureau of Land Management, eco-terrorism, Joe Manchin, Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources, Tracy Stone-Manning, tree-spiking >
- Breitbart News 04:37July 20, 2021Politico: Sen. Dick Durbin Acknowledges 'a Lot of Issues' with David ChipmanOn Monday, Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin (D-IL) acknowledged that "there are a lot of issues" with President Joe Biden's ATF nominee David Chipman.
< 2nd Amendment, Politics, ATF, David Chipman, Dick Durbin, Donald Trump Jr., Joe Manchin, Pat Toomey >
- New York Magazine 21:39July 19, 2021Big Deadlines Stand Between Congress and Its Hot Vaxx RecessSchumer hopes the threat of spending August in D.C. will spark movement on the infrastructure deal and the budget reconciliation.
< politics, budget, bipartisan infrastructure deal, joe biden, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema, democratic centrists, democratic progressives, fy 2022 budget reconciliation bill, fy 2022 budget resolution, senate republicans >
- Business Insider 19:18July 19, 2021Trump called McConnell 'a stupid person' and a 'knucklehead' for not eliminating the filibuster during his term, book says"I don't think he's smart enough," former President Donald Trump said of the Republican leader, according to a new book.
< Politics, News, Donald Trump, Mitch McConnell, Book, Filibuster, Senate, Republicans, Joe Manchin >
- Breitbart News 18:12July 16, 2021Joe Manchin and Jon Tester Uncommitted, Want Debate on $3.5 Trillion 'Infrastructure' PackageSens. Jon Tester (D-MT) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) want debate on the $3.5 trillion trojan horse "infrastructure" package to determine if they will support the plan after President Joe Biden's visit of persuasion to Senate this week.
< Politics, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, infrastructure package, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Jon Tester >
- Business Insider 17:51July 15, 2021The government is sending up to $300 monthly checks to families with kids starting today. Democrats want to make it permanent as a new form of Social Security.The Biden stimulus benefit is the US's inaugural version of guaranteed income geared to children. Millions could get direct payments every month.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Joe Biden, Chuck Schumer, Child tax credit, Child tax credit 2021, Donald Trump, Coronavirus relief, stimulus check, Direct payment, fourth stimulus check, Stimulus, senate republicans, Joe Manchin, Marco Rubio, analysis, Policy, Economy >
- Breitbart News 00:30July 15, 2021Red State Democrat Joe Manchin Throws Support Behind Amnesty for Illegal Aliens in Democrat BudgetSen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) is reportedly throwing his support behind a Democrat budget that includes providing amnesty to millions of illegal aliens living in the United States.
< Economy, Immigration, Politics, Amnesty, budget, budget reconciliation, Democrats, illegal immigration, Joe Manchin, mass immigration, West Virginia >
- New York Magazine 20:43July 14, 2021Senate Dems Start Loading a $3.5 Trillion Bazooka to Pass Biden’s AgendaA new agreement would dodge a Republican filibuster to expand the welfare state, but many issues are yet to be resolved.
< politics, budget, fy 2022 budget resolution, fy 2022 budget reconciliation bill, chuck schumer, nancy pelosi, joe manchin, democrats, republicans, bipartisan infrastructure deal, medicare, climate change, joe biden, taxes, byrd rule >
- Business Insider 23:45July 13, 2021Joe Manchin doubles down on refusing to add to the deficit to fund a Democrat-only infrastructure plan"We've put enough free money out," Manchin told reporters, adding he would only back an infrastructure package that was fully financed by tax revenue.
< Economy, Politics, Joe Manchin, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, White House, Coronavirus relief, Infrastructure, National Debt, Deficit spending >
- Business Insider 03:29July 13, 2021Bernie Sanders says he wants over $3.5 trillion for a Democrat-only infrastructure package. Senate Democrats aren't ready to commit."I'm going to fight to make that proposal as robust as it can be," he said outside the White House after meeting with Biden.
< Economy, Politics, Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, White House, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, angus king, Joe Manchin, Jon Tester, Biden infrastructure plan, Infrastructure, Stimulus, original reporting >
- Business Insider 21:22July 10, 2021Bernie Sanders said he'd oppose a $3 trillion Democrat-only infrastructure plan since it's 'much too low,' potentially setting up spending showdown with ManchinSanders is pushing for an expansive package that includes spending on climate, housing, higher education, and childcare. Manchin may pose an obstacle.
< Economy, Politics, Policy, Bernie Sanders, Infrastructure, Joe Manchin >
- Business Insider 21:15July 9, 2021Rick Santorum caught on tape saying Republicans 'don't want the people's will to be done immediately'"Remember our constitution was set up to protect who?" Santorum said in a secretly taped video. "Minority rights. Not the majority rights."
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Rick Santorum, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, AOC, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Filibuster, Congress, Democrats, Republicans, Joe Biden, Economy >
- Business Insider 19:17July 9, 2021GOP lawmakers caught on video telling activists to thank Manchin and Sinema for not blowing up the filibuster: 'Without that we would be dead meat'Former Sen. Rick Santorum said in the video that Republicans are unlikely to roll back social programs once they're in place.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, Filibuster, Joe Biden, Economy, Infrastructure, Policing, White House, Republicans, Democrats, Policy, Rick Santorum, filibuster reform, filibustering >
- New York Magazine 00:22July 9, 2021Kamala Harris Unveils Another Fallback Strategy for Voting RightsGetting voters to the polls despite hostile state laws is a valuable Plan B for voting rights, not a mere a gesture after failure in Congress.
< politics, voting rights, kamala harris, for the people act, john lewis voting rights act, voting rights act of 1965, merrick garland, section 2 voting rights act, voter suppression, republicans, filibuster, filibuster reform, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema >
- Breitbart News 20:51July 8, 2021Conservation Group Rescinds Support for Biden’s BLM Nominee Tracy Stone-ManningThe Dallas Safari Club (DSC) revoked its support this week for President Joe Biden’s controversial nominee to lead the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) after learning about her past involvement with the environmental extremist group Earth First.
< Environment, Politics, Bureau of Land Management, Earth First!, eco-terrorism, Joe Manchin, John Barrasso, Tracy Stone-Manning >
- Breitbart News 05:29July 2, 2021Manchin: 'Shame on Us' if Dems Walk Away from Infrastructure Deal and Make Perfect Enemy of the GoodOn Thursday’s broadcast of CNN’s “Cuomo Primetime,” Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) said that both the bipartisan infrastructure bill and a reconciliation bill need to pass, but if Democrats walk away from the bipartisan deal “and let the perfect be the enemy
< Clips, Economy, Politics, budget reconciliation, infrastructure, Joe Manchin, reconciliation >
- Breitbart News 05:29July 2, 2021Manchin: 'When Corporate America Pushes Back, the Legislatures Will Do the Right Thing' on Voting LawsOn Thursday’s broadcast of CNN’s “Cuomo Primetime,” Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) stated that “when constituents push back, when corporate America pushes back, the legislatures will do the right thing” on voting laws. Manchin said the John Lewis Voting Rights Act
< Clips, Politics, Joe Manchin, voting, voting rights >
- New York Magazine 23:08June 29, 2021Bipartisan Voting-Rights Legislation May Simply Be ImpossibleThe pious hopes of Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema notwithstanding, we are in a historic moment, like Reconstruction, when one party is incorrigible.
< politics, voting rights, voting rights act of 1965, john lewis voting rights act, for the people act, reconstruction, bipartisanship, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema, voter suppression, 14th amendment, 15th amendment, jim crow, donald trump, voter fraud, voter id >
- Business Insider 17:01June 29, 2021Joe Manchin says he's 'agreed' on a Democratic-only reconciliation bill, but not how big it will beThe influential moderate senator is likely one of the key swing votes on a spending bill that could cost anywhere from $2 trillion to $6 trillion.
< Politics, Economy, Speed desk, Joe Manchin, Reconciliation >
- New York Magazine 22:26June 28, 2021McConnell Threatens to Kill Bipartisan Infrastructure DealIf Republicans abandon the deal, Democrats can just add it to their own budget reconciliation bill and leave the GOP out of it altogether.
< politics, infrastructure, budget reconciliation, biden agenda, joe biden, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema, bipartisanship, mitch mcconnell >
- Business Insider 18:30June 27, 2021Joe Manchin indicated he would cut a Democratic-only infrastructure plan to $2 trillion so it doesn't grow the national debtManchin wants to slash the proposed $6 trillion in infrastructure spending being weighed by Bernie Sanders and Senate Democrats.
< Economy, Politics, Policy, Joe Manchin, Joe Biden, Congress, Republicans, senate republicans, Democrats, White House, infrastructure bill, Biden infrastructure plan, Bernie Sanders, Child tax credit, weekend BI US >
- Business Insider 23:21June 25, 2021AOC blasts Republicans for wasting time and 'negotiating in bad faith' on bipartisan infrastructure dealAlexandria-Ocasio Cortez also blasted the lack of diversity in the bipartisan group of senators negotiating with Biden on Thursday.
< Politics, News, Economy, Markets, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Democrats, Republicans, Infrastructure, deal, Bill, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Policy, Economy, Ron Wyden, Reconciliation >
- Breitbart News 22:46June 25, 2021Senate Republicans: Joe Biden's Hardline Tactics Could 'Blow Up' Infrastructure DealSenate Republicans told Breitbart News Friday that President Joe Biden's hardline negotiating tactics could "blow up" both the bipartisan infrastructure deal as well as the more partisan infrastructure reconciliation bill.
< Politics, Tech, Bill Cassidy, infrastructure, Jerry Moran, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, Lindsey Graham, Nancy Pelosi, Rob Portman >
- Business Insider 17:34June 25, 2021Lindsey Graham says Biden made the GOP 'look like a f---ing idiot' after he tied a bipartisan infrastructure deal to a larger spending package"If he's gonna tie them together, he can forget it. I'm not doing that. That's extortion!" Graham told Politico, adding: "I'm not playing that game."
< Politics, News, Lindsey Graham, Joe Biden, Infrastructure, Congress, Democrats, Republicans, Joe Manchin, Krysten Sinema, Nancy Pelosi, Bill, Legislation >
- Business Insider 22:28June 24, 2021Biden's bipartisan infrastructure deal is more than $1 trillion smaller than his initial pitch. Here's what he cut out.Biden reached a deal with a group of 10 bipartisan senators on infrastructure. Elements from his original plan, like eldercare, are missing.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Infrastructure, American Jobs Plan, Biden, Bipartisan, Ron Wyden, Bernie Sanders, Joe Manchin, Joe Biden, Reconciliation >
- Breitbart News 22:26June 24, 2021Manchin: Not Fair to Hold Bipartisan Deal 'Hostage' for Reconciliation Bill, I Haven't Signed Up to Vote for Reconciliation BillWhile speaking with CNN on Thursday, Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) said that holding the bipartisan infrastructure agreement “hostage” for a broader reconciliation package “doesn’t seem to be fair to me,” and that “you vote for this and I’ll vote for
< Clips, Economy, Politics, budget reconciliation, infrastructure, Joe Manchin, reconciliation >
- Business Insider 22:10June 24, 2021Joe Manchin balks at backing $6 trillion in infrastructure spending sought by Bernie Sanders, Senate Democrats"I have a hard time swallowing that," Manchin told reporters Thursday, leaving the pathway for Biden's major spending initiatives unclear.
< Politics, News, Economy, Joe Manchin, Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, Infrastructure, Spending, Reconciliation, Budget, Senate, Republicans, Democrats, Child tax credit, CTC >
- Business Insider 21:53June 24, 2021Progressives will only support the $1 trillion bipartisan infrastructure deal if it comes with a bigger reconciliation bill"There ain't no infrastructure bill without the reconciliation bill," Nancy Pelosi said. Weeks ago, Sen. Bernie Sanders prepared a $6 trillion one.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Infrastructure, Nancy Pelosi, Reconciliation, Ron Wyden, Joe Manchin, Climate, Bernie Sanders, Chuck Schumer >
- Breitbart News 21:29June 24, 2021Joe Biden Announces $953 Billion Infrastructure Deal with Moderate RepublicansThe president met with five Republican and five Democrat senators after the White House announced a framework deal for a bipartisan agreement on Wednesday evening.
< Politics, Bill Cassidy, Jeanne Shaheen, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Jon Tester, Krysten Sinema, Lisa Murkowski, Mitt Romney, Rob Portman, Susan Collins >
- New York Magazine 21:14June 24, 2021‘We Have a Deal’: Biden Endorses Senators’ Bipartisan Infrastructure PlanThe deal can only hang together if Democrats, including Joe Manchin, can unite around a reconciliation bill to enact the rest of Biden’s agenda.
< politics, infrastructure, bipartisanship, budget reconciliation, joe manchin, nancy pelosi, democrats, republicans, filibuster >
- Business Insider 19:49June 24, 2021Biden throws support behind $1 trillion infrastructure deal with GOP as Democrats press for separate party-line packageThe $1 trillion deal encompasses spending on hard infrastructure such as roads and bridges. Democrats are pushing a bigger party-line package.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Joe Biden, Infrastructure, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, Economy, Nancy Pelosi >
- New York Magazine 21:02June 23, 2021Democrats’ Voting Rights Push Stalled. It Was Still Worth It.The effort to enact the For the People Act was a smart investment that will pay off richly for Democrats.
< politics, voting rights, filibuster reform, for the people act, john lewis voting rights act, joe manchin, stacey abrams, voting rights act of 1965, u.s. supreme court, mitch mcconnell, donald trump, joe biden, voter suppression >
- Business Insider 20:38June 23, 2021Joe Manchin appears close to making up his mind. Here's what he wants in an infrastructure plan.The influential moderate Democrat wants to roll back Trump's "unfair" tax cuts and he supports completely paying for a multitrillion-dollar package.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Joe Manchin, Democrats, infrastructure bill, Biden infrastructure plan, Child tax credit 2021, Taxes, Donald Trump, Trump tax cuts, Economy, Reconciliation >
- Business Insider 05:05June 23, 2021Joe Manchin opens the door to backing Democrat-only infrastructure bill that rolls back 'unfair' Trump tax cutsManchin's backing is pivotal and would allow a new spending bill can pass without any GOP votes. He wants to raise corporate taxes as well.
< Economy, Politics, Joe Manchin, Infrastructure, Filibuster, White House, Joe Biden, Republicans, Democrats, Universal Pre-K, Community College, Policy >
- Breitbart News 03:28June 23, 2021Democrats, Establishment Media Crushed by Senate Republicans Blocking Elections Takeover BillDemocrats and the establishment media were crushed Tuesday by Senate Republicans' filibuster of a bill that would hand the federal government control of local elections by canceling voter ID and funding political campaigns with tax money.
< Media, Politics, Chuck Schumer, establishment media, Joe Manchin, Kamala Harris, Maggie Hassan, MSNBC, NBC News, Voter ID >
- Breitbart News 23:49June 22, 2021Joe Manchin Caves to Chuck Schumer, Will Vote to Advance Federal Takeover of ElectionsSen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) caved under pressure from Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) Tuesday, agreeing to vote to advance the federal takeover of elections legislation.
< Politics, Chuck Schumer, Joe Manchin, Voter ID Laws >
- Business Insider 15:11June 22, 2021Obama backed Joe Manchin's compromise on voting rights, saying it's the best chance to stop GOP voter suppressionObama urged lawmakers to broker a deal for a bill defending voting rights, which are being altered in many states to make it harder to vote.
< Politics, Barack Obama, Joe Manchin, voter reform, Voting Rights Act, US democracy, News UK >
- Breitbart News 02:44June 22, 2021Obama Pushes Federal Election Takeover Bill Despite Self-Made 'Policy' Not to Weigh In on 'Day to Day Scrum'Former President Barack Obama said Monday that Congress should work to pass voting rights legislation, claiming "democracy long-term" could be at risk.
< Politics, Barack Obama, Eric Holder, Filibuster, For the People Act, Joe Manchin >
- Business Insider 20:38June 20, 2021Lindsey Graham calls the Democrats' voting-rights bill 'the biggest power grab' in US history, rejects Manchin compromise proposal"I like Joe Manchin a lot, but ... I don't like the idea of taking the power to redistrict away from the state legislators," Graham said on Fox News.
< Politics, Lindsey Graham, Joe Manchin, For the People Act, Voting Rights, Senate Democrats, Mitch McConnell, Filibuster >
- Breitbart News 19:42June 18, 2021Exclusive: Club for Growth Lobbies Senate Democrats Against 'For the Politicians' ActThe Club for Growth launched Friday five four radio ads lobbying Senate Democrats against the "For the Politicians Act," Breitbart News has learned exclusively.
< Media, Politics, catherine cortez masto, Club For Growth, For the People Act, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, Mark Kelly, On the Hill >
- Breitbart News 10:40June 18, 2021Kemp: Manchin's Voting Proposal That Abrams Supports Has Fewer Early Voting Days than Georgia DoesOn Thursday’s broadcast of Fox News Radio’s “Guy Benson Show,” Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R) criticized former Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams for profiting off criticizing Georgia’s voting law, then supporting Sen. Joe Manchin’s (D-WV) voting proposal that has an
< Clips, Politics, Brian Kemp, Georgia, Joe Manchin, Stacey Abrams >
- New York Magazine 00:08June 18, 2021What Republicans Mean When They Say ‘Stacey Abrams’Joe Manchin doesn’t make for an easy demon.
< politics, mitch mcconnell, republican party, stacey abrams, joe manchin >
- New York Magazine 19:00June 17, 2021Biden’s Secret Plan for Getting Big Things Done — Even With a Split SenateHe’s talked about his FDR-level ambitions. He tries to avoid talking about what he sees as the best way to get there.
< the inside game, d.c., d.c. statehood, chuck schumer, joe manchin, joe biden >
- New York Magazine 19:00June 17, 2021Biden’s Stealth Strategy for Getting Big Things Done — Even With a Split SenateHe’s talked about his FDR-level ambitions. He tries to avoid talking about what he sees as the best way to get there.
< the inside game, d.c., d.c. statehood, chuck schumer, joe manchin, joe biden >
- New York Magazine 02:41June 17, 2021Can Joe Manchin of All People Trigger a Breakthrough on Voting Rights?The much-maligned Democrat has unveiled a compromise proposal that is getting praise from his party for a change.
< politics, voting rights, joe manchin, rick hasen, for the people act, john lewis voting rights act, shelby county v. holder, voting rights act of 1965, pre-clearance, voter roll purges, early voting, voting by mail >
- Breitbart News 19:54June 16, 2021Democrat Leaders Ask Radical Left to Quit Attacking Joe Manchin on Election Takeover Bill, FilibusterDemocrat leaders have asked on Wednesday the radical left to quite attacking Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) over his opposition to an election takeover bill and filibuster cancelation.
< Politics, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Chuck Schumer, Democrats, election integrity, Filibuster, Jamaal Bowman, Joe Manchin, Nancy Pelosi >
- New York Magazine 18:00June 16, 2021Democrats Are Locked In a Staring Contest Over InfrastructureThe question is whether liberals or moderates will blink first.
< infrastructure, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema, senate democrats, house democrats, senate republicans, joe biden >