- Business Insider 15:15October 16, 2021'Nancy ETP': WallStreetBets founder Jaime Rogozinski on the Pelosi stock controversy and his next project for retail investorsWallStreetBets founder Jaime Rogozinski talks to Insider about his blockchain-based trading platform WSB DApp.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Jaime Rogozinski, WallStreetBets, WSB DApp, WallStreetBets DApp, Jaime Rogozinski and trading, Nancy ETP, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and stocks, WallStreetBets founder Jaime Rogozinski, Paul Pelosi, Wall Street and crypto, blockchain trading platform >
- Breitbart News 14:57October 14, 2021NRCC Shatters Fundraising Record, Over $105 Million Through SeptemberThe National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC), the campaign arm for House Republicans, announced the committee's record-breaking fundraising haul of over $105 million raised through September, the first nine months in the 2022 election cycle.
< Midterm Election, Politics, House of Representatives, Kevin McCarthy, Nancy Pelosi, NRCC, Steve Scalise, Tom Emmer >
- Business Insider 20:38October 13, 2021Democrats are already floating another social spending bill to 'put Republicans on the spot' on popular benefit expansions before the 2022 midtermsNancy Pelosi and her top lieutenants aren't ruling out another reconciliation bill if it means fulfilling more of Biden's domestic agenda.
< Economy, Politics, Policy, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Kyrsten Sinema, Joe Manchin, Reconciliation, Medicare, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, White House, Safety net, Child tax credit, Biden child tax credit >
- Breitbart News 17:53October 13, 2021Exclusive - Former Trump Treasury Official: Pelosi Giving Debt Ceiling Responsibility to Biden Admin Is Admission of Failed Leadership Former Trump era Treasury Department appointee Adam Korzeniewski said Wednesday that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) considering handing over power to the Biden-Harris administration to raise the debt ceiling speaks to her failed leadership.
< Economy, Politics, Debt ceiling, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, On the Hill, Treasury Department >
- Business Insider 17:30October 13, 2021Free community college, child tax credits, and affordable housing are among safety net measures on the chopping block as Democrats struggle to find middle ground with centrist holdoutsDemocrats are fuming at harsh cuts Manchin and Sinema want in Biden's social spending bill. Some are floating another Democratic-only bill next year.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, Joe Biden, Child tax credit, Biden child tax credit, Free community college, Housing, House, Senate, Bernie Sanders, Policy, Economy >
- Business Insider 02:33October 13, 2021The House approves 2-month debt limit extension, teeing up another showdown with McConnell's GOP in DecemberThe bill heads to the White House, buying the US a little more time before it runs up against the edge of default again.
< Economy, Politics, Mitch McConnell, Nancy Pelosi, Congress, National Debt, Debt Ceiling, Debt Limit, Breaking >
- Breitbart News 01:13October 13, 2021Nancy Pelosi to Reporters: You ‘Could Do a Better Job Selling’ Biden’s Radical AgendaHouse Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), during her weekly press conference, lectured reporters, claiming they did not do a good enough job of "selling" President Joe Biden's radical spending plan.
< Politics, CBS News, House of Representatives, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, Nancy Pelosi, reconciliation, reporters >
- Breitbart News 17:51October 12, 2021Report: Nancy Pelosi Shortens Far-Left's Wishlist During 'Infrastructure' NegotiationsHouse Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) has shortened the far-left's wishlist of items within the $3.5 trillion reconciliation package, according to report Tuesday in Politico.
< Politics, Nancy Pelosi >
- Business Insider 22:00October 11, 2021'I find it degrading:' Some House Democrats say they're tired of passing through metal detectors every time they vote"I think it would be good for the comity of the place to focus on real security, not optical security," said Rep. Tom Malinowski of New Jersey.
< Politics, metal detector, House Democrats, Nancy Pelosi, Ritchie Torres, Tom Malinowski, jamaal bowman >
- Breitbart News 13:23October 11, 2021Nancy Pelosi Praises Pope Francis for his ‘Immense Moral Clarity’Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi described this weekend’s private audience with Pope Francis as a “spiritual, personal and official honor.”
< Environment, Faith, Politics, Abortion, Catholic Church, Nancy Pelosi, Planned Parenthood, Pope Francis, Vatican >
- Business Insider 23:18October 8, 2021A woman who bragged about storming Pelosi's office and stealing beer during the Capitol riot has been arrestedCara Hentschel, who's facing four charges, sent a Facebook message saying "We storm peloskis office and took her beer [sic]. She drinks Corona."
< News, capitol riot, Nancy Pelosi >
- Breitbart News 06:21October 8, 2021Pelosi’s Majority Crumbles: Democrat Matt Cartwright Hints at Retirement admid RedistrictingRep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA) shed some light on his decision to possibly not running for another term in Congress if the redistricting does not make his congressional district ideal for running.
< Midterm Election, Politics, House majority, Matt Cartwright, Nancy Pelosi, NRCC, Pennsylvania >
- Business Insider 19:26October 7, 2021Retail traders are mirroring investments by Nancy Pelosi's husband, whose stock picks have been strong performers over the last 2 yearsPaul Pelosi's investments in stocks such as Google parent Alphabet have gained 20% to 30%, said Chris Josephs, cofounder of social investing app Iris.
< Markets, Paul Pelosi, Nancy Pelosi, Meme stocks, retail traders, Google, Crowdstrike, Tesla, nVidia, Big Tech >
- Breitbart News 19:20October 7, 2021Poll: Nancy Pelosi Rated Least Popular Leader in CongressHouse Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) has been rated the least popular leader in Congress, a Rasmussen Reports survey released Wednesday found.
< Politics, Chuck Schumer, Joe Biden, Kevin McCarthy, Mitch McConnell, Nancy Pelosi, poll >
- Business Insider 14:43October 7, 2021Pelosi's office slammed Stephanie Grisham's claim she had a meltdown at a White House meeting with Trump as 'desperate trash'Stephanie Grisham, a White House press secretary under Trump, wrote in her book about an October 2019 meeting between Pelosi, Trump, and Schumer.
< Politics, News UK, Speed desk, Nancy Pelosi, Stephanie Grisham >
- Business Insider 20:35October 4, 2021Biden swipes at Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema for holding up progress on his social spending plans"I was able to close the deal with 99% of my party," Biden told reporters, laughing and holding up two fingers. "Two. Two people."
< Politics, Economy, Markets, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, Joe Biden, Senate Democrats, Nancy Pelosi, Biden infrastructure bill, Childcare, Healthcare, Education, Senate, House, reconciliation bill, Policy, Economy >
- Breitbart News 20:14October 4, 2021Haunted House: Pelosi, Schumer Spook Democrats with Halloween Deadline for Scary Biden AgendaHouse Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) announced their new Halloween deadline for passing President Joe Biden's radical agenda items.
< Economy, Politics, Chuck Schumer, far left, Halloween, infrastructure, Joe Biden, Josh Gottheimer, Nancy Pelosi, Pramila Jayapal, radical left, reconciliation >
- Business Insider 19:35October 4, 2021Mitch McConnell accuses Democrats of 'sleepwalking' toward a debt default while he blocks every measure they've tried for raising the debt limitThe Senate Minority Leader called out Biden's past opposition on raising the debt limit under GOP leadership: "Your view then is our view now."
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Mitch McConnell, Debt Limit, Debt Ceiling, Biden, Default, Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi >
- Breitbart News 18:16October 4, 2021Poll: Nearly 72% Oppose Biden’s $3.5 Trillion Spending Plan if It Raises TaxesNearly 72 percent of general election voters oppose raising taxes and the national debt, which would result from President Joe Biden's $3.5 trillion reconciliation package, a Trafalgar Group poll revealed Monday.
< Politics, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, poll, reconciliation >
- Business Insider 01:57October 4, 2021Insider's Capitol Hill reporter breaks down the Democrats' infrastructure fight, the fate of Biden's $3.5 trillion spending, and why the House had 2 ThursdaysEconomics reporter Joseph Zeballos-Roig, who spent the week reporting on Capitol Hill, explains where Congress goes from here after a wild week.
< Economy, Politics, Congress, Nancy Pelosi, Infrastructure, Joe Biden >
- The Guardian 17:50October 3, 2021Democrats brace for bruising October talks as Biden agenda stalls in CongressTwo massive economic and social packages have reached an impasse, threatening to derail Biden’s first term in officeWarring factions of the Democratic party are bracing themselves for a potentially bruising month of negotiations over the two massive economic and social packages that have reached an impasse in Congress threatening to derail Joe Biden’s first term in office.With Democratic leaders racing against a new 31 October deadline to pass the legislation, and with pressure building on the White House from both centrist and progressive wings of the party, the centerpiece of Biden’s agenda now hangs in the balance. Democratic prospects in next year’s midterm elections are also at stake. Continue reading...
< US Congress, US news, US politics, US domestic policy, House of Representatives, US Senate, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi >
- Breitbart News 00:17October 3, 2021Democrat Gottheimer Livid Over Pelosi Postponing 'Bipartisan' Infrastructure Bill VoteRep. Josh Gottheimer (D-NJ) released a statement late Friday night in which he fumed over House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) breaking her promise to vote on the “bipartisan” infrastructure bill this past week.
< Politics, infrastructure, Josh Gottheimer, Nancy Pelosi, Pramila Jayapal, reconciliation >
- The Guardian 22:11October 2, 2021Pelosi shifts infrastructure bill deadline to 31 October amid Biden frustrationSpeaker writes to House Democrats insisting that they will pass both bipartisan bill and wider social and environmental packageThe House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, has set a new deadline for the House to pass a major infrastructure spending bill after a week of negotiations left Joe Biden’s social and environmental policy overhaul plan in a limbo.In a letter to House Democrats on Saturday, Pelosi said that the House will have until Sunday 31 October to pass the $1tn bipartisan infrastructure bill, which passed the Senate in August. Continue reading...
< US domestic policy, US Congress, US politics, US news, Nancy Pelosi, House of Representatives, Joe Biden, Democrats >
- Business Insider 17:45October 2, 2021GOP Rep. Dan Crenshaw fined $5,000 for skipping Capitol metal detectors installed after January 6Crenshaw was fined $5,000 for failing to walk through the checkpoint outside the House floor, the House Committee on Ethics said in a statement.
< Politics, News, Dan Crenshaw, capitol riot, Nancy Pelosi, US Capitol >
- Business Insider 17:24October 2, 2021Centrist House Democrats blast Pelosi for delaying vote on $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill"While I have great respect for the Speaker, I believe her decision to again delay a vote on the bipartisan infrastructure bill is wrong," said Rep. Murphy.
< Politics, Economy, Nancy Pelosi, Josh Gottheimer, Stephanie Murphy, Moderates, House Progressive Caucus, infrastructure bill 2021, bipartisan infrastructure, President Joe Biden >
- Business Insider 14:00October 2, 2021Politicians and Fed officials aren't the only ones trading in stocks with conflicts of interest - judges do it too, and a new report shows 131 of them did so illegally61 judges or their families didn't just hold stocks in companies they were overseeing in court, but also traded them during cases.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Judge, Stocks, federal judge, Federal judges, Wall Street Journal, Conflict Of Interest, Weekend BI UK, Nancy Pelosi stocks >
- Business Insider 07:09October 2, 2021How the government defaulting on its debt would affect average AmericansUS Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen has urged Congress to raise the debt ceiling to avoid a "widespread economic catastrophe."
< Politics, Economy, News, Debt, Debt Ceiling, Debt Limit, Government shutdown, Treasury Department, Janet Yellen, Democrats, Republicans, GOP, Mitch McConnell, Nancy Pelosi >
- Breitbart News 05:36October 2, 2021Joe Biden Bails to Delaware After Agenda Deadlines Stall in CongressPresident Joe Biden will travel to his home in Delaware on Saturday, according to the White House, after his agenda stalled in Congress due to Democrat infighting.
< Politics, Congress, Delaware, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, White House >
- The Guardian 03:03October 2, 2021‘We’re going to get it done’: Biden vows to break impasse after Capitol Hill talksPresident meets Democrats with domestic agenda in jeopardyResolution before weekend unlikely as talks continue on FridayJoe Biden made a rare visit to Capitol Hill on Friday to meet privately with House Democrats amid a stalemate that has put his sprawling domestic agenda in jeopardy.Pledging to “get it done” after days of frantic negotiations that saw the party fail to strike an internal deal on a scaled-back version of Biden’s $3.5tn social and environmental policy overhaul, the president hoped to break an impasse even as hopes of compromise before the weekend faded. Continue reading...
< Joe Biden, US politics, US news, US domestic policy, World news, Democrats, US Congress, US Senate, Republicans, Nancy Pelosi, House of Representatives >
- Breitbart News 01:54October 2, 2021Rigged: Ohio’s DeWine, Others Consider Redistricting Map that Would Eliminate Jim Jordan’s District, Solidify Pelosi’s MajorityOhio Gov. Mike DeWine is considering a redistricting map ahead of the 2022 midterm elections that would be overly beneficial and lopsided toward helping Democrats retain their U.S. House majority, Breitbart News has learned.
< Politics, 2022 midterm elections, House majority, Jim Jordan, Mike DeWine, Mike Turner, Nancy Pelosi, Ohio, Redistricting, Warren Davidson >
- Business Insider 22:43October 1, 2021Nancy Pelosi just bent time to make September stretch into October as she frantically tries to pass Biden's infrastructure billIf the House deciding to alter the fabric of time doesn't make sense, it shouldn't. Only in Congress can time be warped for political gain.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Nancy Pelosi, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, Biden infrastructure bill, Senate, Reconciliation, House of Representatives, Policy, Economy >
- Business Insider 22:00October 1, 2021House Democrat calls colleague who leaked details from caucus meeting a 'schmuck' and 'coward' ahead of Biden meeting where phones are bannedAfter reporters got leaked details of a caucus meeting, Rep. Jared Huffman said a member was trying to portray Democrats as in "disarray."
< Politics, Pelosi, Nancy Pelosi, Democrats, Reconciliation, leaking, Phones >
- Breitbart News 21:36October 1, 2021Joe Biden Traveling to Capitol Hill to Beg for Infrastructure BillPresident Joe Biden plans to visit Capitol Hill to push for his $1.5 trillion infrastructure spending bill, the White House confirmed Friday.
< Politics, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Krysten Sinema, Nancy Pelosi >
- The Guardian 21:12October 1, 2021Biden heads to Capitol Hill to try and break deadlock over infrastructure bill – liveVisit comes as negotiations continue over infrastructure bill and reconciliation packageAOC says she wants Senate vote before supporting infrastructure billPelosi delays vote on infrastructure bill in defeat for DemocratsBrett Kavanaugh tests positive for Covid-19Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by emailHere’s where the day stands so far: Continue reading...
< Democrats, US news, House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, US politics, Joe Biden >
- Breitbart News 18:17October 1, 2021House Democrat: Schumer Kept Signed Deal Hidden from Pelosi Until This WeekSen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) kept the secret $1.5 trillion reconciliation signed deal with Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) hidden from Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) until this week, Rep. Debbie Dingell (D-MI) told CNN on Friday.
< Politics, Chuck Schumer, infrastructure, Joe Manchin, Nancy Pelosi >
- Breitbart News 17:18October 1, 2021Report: Nancy Pelosi Offers Far-Left $2.1 Trillion Reconciliation PackageHouse Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) reportedly offered the radical House Democrats a price tag of $2.1 trillion for the reconciliation package, down from $3.5 trillion but more expensive than Sen. Joe Manchin's (D-WV) topline of $1.5 trillion.
< Politics, infrastructure, Nancy Pelosi >
- Breitbart News 11:08October 1, 2021Jen Psaki After Biden's 'Build Back Better' Agenda Stalls: 'Need Some Additional Time'After the U.S. House failed to come to an agreement on President Biden's "Build Back Better" agenda Thursday night, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said Democrats will "need some additional time" despite having earlier hailed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for being able to get bills "across the finish line."
< Politics, Chuck Schumer, Congress, infrastructure, Jen Psaki, Nancy Pelosi, White House >
- Breitbart News 06:04October 1, 2021Biden's 'Build Back Better' Agenda Collapses for Now in Democrat-Controlled CongressPresident Joe Biden's "Build Back Better" legislative agenda stalled Thursday night as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) delayed the House vote on the $1.2 trillion so-called bipartisan infrastructure bill, according to a CNN report.
< Politics, Bernie Sanders, Build Back Better, Congressional Progressive Caucus, infrastructure, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Nancy Pelosi, Pramila Jayapal >
- Business Insider 05:44October 1, 2021Nancy Pelosi bails on a vote for Biden's bipartisan infrastructure bill as House progressives launch full revoltDemocrats are fed up with Sens. Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema for holding up a $3.5 trillion social spending bill. Sanders wanted the vote to fail.
< Economy, Politics, Policy, Nancy Pelosi, Bernie Sanders, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, White House, Congress, Joe Biden, Child tax credit, Republicans, Democrats >
- The Guardian 05:35October 1, 2021Democrats scramble to satisfy centrists with Biden’s agenda on the lineMembers work into night to pare back $3.5tn economic package amid stalemate between moderates and progressivesDemocrats pushed late into the evening on Thursday as they sought a path forward for Joe Biden’s $3.5tn economic agenda, working to cobble together a pared-back version that would satisfy centrist holdouts.The late-night wrangling appeared unlikely to give way to a promised vote on a slimmer $1tn public works package that was scheduled for Thursday. The delay underscored the fragile state of the negotiations, as the House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, tried to break a stalemate between moderates, who are pushing for a vote on the infrastructure bill, and progressives who believe it would be insufficient without the broader social policy package. Continue reading...
< US politics, US news, World news, Democrats, Nancy Pelosi, US Congress, House of Representatives, US Senate >
- The Guardian(UK) 05:12October 1, 2021Democrats search for a path forward as key deadlines loomPelosi says talks moving ‘in positive direction’ as series of legislative and fiscal deadlines loom for Biden’s $1tn public works measureWith the fate of Joe Biden’s domestic agenda on the line, Democrats searched furiously for a path forward after negotiations over a once-in-a-generation expansion of the social safety net neared collapse and a vote on a smaller public works measure appeared increasingly unlikely.With almost no margin for error and little time left to break an impasse that threatens to imperil its passage – and possibly the entirety of the president’s program – Democrats charged ahead on Thursday, even as a crucial Democratic holdout called for shrinking the $3.5tn plan in half. But assurances of progress offered little comfort to nervous Democrats on Capitol Hill, where a series of legislative and fiscal deadlines loom. Continue reading...
< Democrats, US politics, US news, World news, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi >
- Breitbart News 05:01October 1, 2021Bernie Sanders: 'Unacceptable' to Vote on Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill While Democrats in DisarraySen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) said Thursday evening that it is "unacceptable" to negotiate a multi-trillion-dollar infrastructure bill minutes before the bipartisan bill's vote.
< Politics, Bernie Sanders, Build Back Better Act, infrastructure, Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Pramila Jayapal >
- New York Magazine 00:46October 1, 2021All These Crises in Congress Are Self-ImposedThe dysfunction in D.C. is largely the product of Congress’s own laws and procedures. And lawmakers have the power to fix it.
< politics, congress, joe biden, nancy pelosi, chuck schumer, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema, congressional budget act, reconciliation, government shutdown, appropriations, filibuster, filibuster reform >
- Business Insider 20:15September 30, 2021Joe Manchin confirms he wants a reconciliation bill worth only $1.5 trillion, saying he believes the US can't turn into 'entitlement-based society'Manchin presented Chuck Schumer with a document proposing a $1.5 trillion topline bill in July. In late September, he says it's all the US can afford.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Joe Manchin, Reconciliation, Spending, Corporate Tax, Child tax credit, Bernie Sanders, Infrastructure, Nancy Pelosi, Pramila Jayapal, Chuck Schumer, Politico >
- Breitbart News 20:00September 30, 2021Democrat Infighting: 'Breach in Trust' if Pelosi Breaks Promise to Hold Infrastructure VoteHouse Democrats are fearing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) will break her promise and cancel Thursday's vote on the $1.2 trillion "bipartisan" infrastructure bill.
< Politics, Nancy Pelosi >
- Breitbart News 18:45September 30, 2021Mask-erade: Joe Biden Pals Around Maskless at Congressional Baseball GamePresident Joe Biden abandoned his mask during the coronavirus pandemic Wednesday as he attended the annual Congressional Baseball Game.
< Health, Politics, Sports, Congress, Congressional baseball game, coronavirus, Joe Biden, masks, Nancy Pelosi, Nikki Haley, White House >
- Breitbart News 02:35September 30, 2021Democrat Disarray: Democrat Senators Warn of 'Bipartisan' Infrastructure Bill Not Passing the HouseThe Hill reported that two Democrat senators familiar with the bipartisan infrastructure bill voting talks in the House are expecting House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) to cancel Thursday's scheduled vote due to not having enough votes.
< Politics, Congressional Progressive Caucus, House of Representatives, infrastructure, James Clyburn, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Pramila Jayapal, reconciliation >
- Breitbart News 01:35September 30, 2021Virginia Democrat Terry McAuliffe: $3.5 Trillion Spending Bill 'Too High'Terry McAuliffe, Virginia's Democrat gubernatorial candidate, said on Tuesday that the Democrats' $3.5 trillion spending bill is "too high" -- a stance that comes as infighting continues between moderate Democrats and far-left members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus.
< Politics, infrastructure package, Kyrsten Sinema, Nancy Pelosi, reconciliation, Terry McAuliffe >
- Breitbart News 01:24September 30, 2021Jim Banks Gets Milley to Agree It's 'Dangerous' When a General Becomes a Political FigureBanks questioned Milley on the importance of the military remaining apolitical and generals staying out of politics.
< Politics, Bob Woodward, House Armed Services Committee, Jim Banks, Mark Milley, Nancy Pelosi, Pentagon, U.S. military >
- Business Insider 22:11September 29, 2021Pelosi is taking a big gamble on the Biden infrastructure bill, and it threatens to spark a progressive revolt that could tank the entire thing"if there is a vote, I hope it loses," Sen. Bernie Sanders told Insider. Progressives say they won't back the Biden bill until there's a social spending deal.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, White House, infrastructure bill, Reconciliation, Economy, Bernie Sanders >