- The Independent Feed 02:01May 21, 2022Reuters’ devastating, Pulitzer Prize-winning pictures of India’s Covid crisisA Reuters team has won the 2022 Pulitzer Prize for Feature Photography, for their intimate and often heartbreaking photographic coverage of India’s coronavirus pandemic. We take a look at the highlights of the winning team’s work
< Photography, Culture >
- Petapixel 21:49May 20, 2022Wedding Photographer Tells Couple to Act Drunk, Gets Amazing PortraitsPhotographers are tasked with making their subjects feel relaxed for great-looking shots, and one Canadian photographer has a novel approach to her work: asking her clients to pretend to be drunk.
< Culture, News, Spotlight, myriammenard, portraits, portraittechnique, portraiture, tiktok, tiktokphotographer, unique, weddingphotographer, weddingphotography >
- Petapixel 19:48May 20, 2022McDonald’s and Wendy’s Sued for Misleading Ad Photos of BurgersMcDonald’s and Wendy’s are being sued by a New York man who claims that advertisements for their burgers look much bigger than they actually are.
< Law, News, advertising, bigmac, falseadvertising, foodphotography, lawsuit, mcdonalds, wendys >
- Petapixel 18:57May 20, 2022Hubble Reaches Milestone in Measuring the Expansion of the UniverseNASA's Hubble Space Telescope has calibrated more than 40 "milepost markers" of space and time over the course of the last 30 years that scientists are using to measure the expansion of the universe.
< Culture, News, astrophotography, esa, galaxies, hubble, hubblespacetelescope, milestone, NASA, space, universe >
- Petapixel 20:39May 19, 2022‘Space Elevator Effect’ Creates Incredible Boomerang Drone ShotsCinematographer Christoph Benfey's incredible drone boomerang shot was featured on DJI’s Instagram this week and the talented cameraman has revealed the secrets to creating the impressive effect.
< News, Spotlight, barcelona, christophbenfey, dji, djimini3, djimini3pro, dronephotography, spaceelevatoreffect, timelapsephotography >
- Petapixel 00:08May 19, 2022Inspiring Video Shows a Photographer’s Improvement Over a DecadeA photographer has shared a montage video of her photographs over the last decade to show how much her work has improved over 10 years.
< Culture, News, improvement, marinawilliams, photographypractice, photoimprovement, practice, tiktok, tiktokphotographer >
- Petapixel 23:56May 18, 2022Astrophotographer Captures Massive Explosion on the Sun’s SurfaceChuck Ayoub was trying out a new filter on his telescope camera when he captured a huge explosion on the surface of the Sun.
< News, Spotlight, astrophotographer, astrophotography, chuckayoub, solarflare, sunexplosion, thesun >
- Petapixel 21:27May 18, 2022The Matterport Axis Simplifies 360-Degree Real Estate PhotographyMatterport positions its new Axis as a way for Realtors to easily provide prospective home buyers a way to digitally walk through a listing without even being there.
< Equipment, Mobile, News, matterport, MatterportAxis, mobilephotography, motioncontrol, photogrammetry, realestatephotography, smartphonephotography, smartphones >
- Petapixel 20:09May 18, 2022New Education Platform is Dedicated Specifically to Watch PhotographyShopify's former director of design and user experience Verne Ho has launched an online platform dedicated solely to helping creators improve their watch photography skills through tutorials, resources, tools, and photo critiques.
< Educational, News, product, productphotography, productphotos, verneho, watches, watchphotography >
- Petapixel 18:35May 18, 202210 Stunning Photos from the 2022 Milky Way Photographer of the YearTravel and adventure photography blog Capture the Atlas has published its annual Milky Way Photographer of the Year collection that showcases the best night sky captures from all around the world.
< Inspiration, News, Spotlight, 2022, astrophotography, beautiful, capturetheatlas, galaxy, gorgeous, lightpollution, milkyway, milkywaygalaxy, milkywayphotography, nightsky, nightskyphotography, photographeroftheyear, stars, stunning >
- Petapixel 22:29May 17, 2022Photographer Who ‘Reclaims Black Experience’ Wins $37,400 PrizeDeana Lawson has won the Deutsche Börse Photography Foundation Prize 2022 for her series of portraits that "reframes and reclaims the black experience." The foundation awarded her £30,000 (about $37,400) for her work.
< News, Spotlight, deanalawson, deutscheborsephotographyprize, photographycompetition, photographyprize, portraitphotography >
- C-Heads Magazine 21:51May 17, 2022A love letter to the last days of summer – A film by Ciao Bella Collective“This is a movie about me and my two closest friends. It’s a love letter to the last days of summer that we spent together in a cottage by the lake.” tells us Klaudia from the creative collective Ciao Bella. “You’re probably curious what we’re all like.” she continues. “Well, Daria is young and pure. Magda is wild and dangerous. And me? I’m not really sure.” Klaudia laughs.
The post A love letter to the last days of summer – A film by Ciao Bella Collective appeared first on C-Heads Magazine.
< Culture, Photography, Ciao Bella >
- Petapixel 21:27May 17, 2022The Science Behind Why Watches are Set to 10:10 in Advertising PhotosPretty much any advertising photo of a watch and the face will almost always show the same time: 10:10. Most photographers do this to best show the company logo, but scientists have determined there was a more psychological reason to use this time.
< Culture, News, psychology, research, science, watchphotography >
- The Independent Feed 10:40May 17, 2022The Candy Men: meet the candy floss sellers of MumbaiDespite often containing banned toxic chemicals, candyfloss remains a popular treat in Mumbai. Photographer Jon Enoch captures portraits of the vendors adding bursts of pink to the city streets
< Photography, Culture >
- PopPhoto 08:48May 17, 2022Quintin Lake on walking and photographing all 11,000 kilometers of the British coastlineScottish sublime. North Morar in the foreground with Knoydart behind the rainbow over Loch Nevis. Quintin LakeDespite injuries, COVID-19 lockdowns, and terrible weather, Quintin Lake completed his epic photographic journey in five years.
The post Quintin Lake on walking and photographing all 11,000 kilometers of the British coastline appeared first on Popular Photography.
< Features, How To, Inspiration, Landscape Photography, Photography Tips, Interview >
- PopPhoto 22:11May 16, 2022Google is serious about better skin tone representation in the digital worldThe Pixel 6a brings the company’s flagship Tensor processor to a mid-range phone for the first time. GoogleAt this year's annual developer conference, Google announced major improvements to its Real Tone color science tech, plus, the new mid-level Pixel 6a smartphone. The post Google is serious about better skin tone representation in the digital world appeared first on Popular Photography.
< Gear, News, Smartphone News, Computational Photography >
- Business Insider 16:00May 16, 2022He was my high school journalism teacher. Then I investigated his relationships with teenage girls.Eric Burgess, Rosemead High School's "Golden Boy," repeatedly groomed students for sex. No one stopped him for more than 20 years.
< News, Education, Education, Teachers, California, insider investigates, Researched, BI Graphics, Freelance Photography, Rebecca Zisser, Kazi Awal, Skye Gould, Hollis Johnson, BI Photo >
- C-Heads Magazine 13:40May 13, 2022Memories of a FieldtripMemories of a Fieldtrip is a truly inspiring art experiment by Keitaro Cloward exploring Spring, Southern California Wildflowers, Art, and the thoughts that came with it. "Rebirth that comes with Spring, after what felt like a long Winter.
Clean slate of life awakening in life, not needing to know it’s footing, Just taking in all life has to offer, moving into Summer."
The post Memories of a Fieldtrip appeared first on C-Heads Magazine.
< Events, Photography, Thought-provoking >
- Huffington Post UK 07:00May 13, 202221 Of The Best Engagement Photos You Probably Haven't Seen Before
< Life, sex and relationships, weddings, lgbtq, Love, Photography, sex-and-relationships, love, photography >
- PopPhoto 23:39May 12, 2022Testing the advantages of Apple’s ProRAW formatCaptured on an iPhone 13 Pro in Apple ProRAW and processed through Apple Photos. Jeff Carlson Apple ProRAW is a hybrid file format that combines the flexibility of a traditional Raw file with the benefits of AI-powered processing. The post Testing the advantages of Apple’s ProRAW format appeared first on Popular Photography.
< Features, How To, Inspiration, Photo Editing, Computational Photography, smarter-image >
- Petapixel 18:22May 12, 2022Shutterstock Acquires Pond5 for $210 MillionShutterstock has announced that it has acquired the world's largest video-centric stock agency Pond5 for $210 million.
< Industry, News, acquisition, business, pond5, shutterstock, stockagency, stockphotography, stockphotos, stockvideos >
- Petapixel 19:48May 11, 2022One of These is a Photo and One is CGI: Can You Tell Which is Which?Photographer Karl Taylor and artist Ethan Davis both created the same still-life scene of an Apple Watch. Taylor used traditional photography techniques while Davis created one using only computer graphics. Which is which?
< News, Spotlight, Technology, cgi, computergraphics, karltaylor, lighting, photovscgi, productphotography, stilllife, studiophotography, technique >
- Petapixel 19:15May 11, 2022Great Grey Owl Lands on Wildlife Photographer’s CameraPhotographer Anaïs Trépanier ventured into the wilds with the hopes of capturing memorable photos but instead ended up as the subject of one when a giant grey owl swooped down and perched on her camera.
< Culture, News, Spotlight, anaistrepanier, animal, birding, birdphotographer, birdphotography, birdphotos, canada, chance, giantgreyowl, greyowl, owl, unusual, wildlife >
- PopPhoto 15:00May 11, 2022This photographer creates dramatic flower studies using the simplest of setups"Anemone Study". Katie MitchellParis-based photographer Katie Mitchell began her monochromatic flower studies during the first COVID-19 lockdown.
The post This photographer creates dramatic flower studies using the simplest of setups appeared first on Popular Photography.
< Features, How To, Inspiration, Photography Tips, Studio Photography, DIY, Interview >
- The Guardian(UK) 12:40May 11, 2022Inside the Azovstal steelworks – in picturesA series of photos published on the Azov Regiment’s Telegram channel this week appears to show the squalid conditions of wounded Ukrainian defenders holed up under the Azovstal steelworks in besieged Mariupol. The Azov regiment retains some far-right affiliationsRussia-Ukraine war: latest updates Continue reading...
< Ukraine, Russia, Photography, Europe, World news >
- Petapixel 18:34May 10, 20222022 Pulitzer Prizes Won by Photos of Afghanistan’s Fall and India COVIDColumbia University has announced the 2022 Pulitzer Prizes and photographers from the Los Angeles Times and Reuters took top honors in the two photography categories.
< News, Spotlight, 2022, afghanistan, covid19, india, latimes, pulitzer, pulitzerprize, pulitzerprizephotography, reuters >
- PopPhoto 23:33May 9, 20228 classic films every analog photographer should tryShot on Ilford HP5 Plus. Dan BracagliaThese film stocks may predate the digital era but they remain some of our absolute favorites to shoot.
The post 8 classic films every analog photographer should try appeared first on Popular Photography.
< Film Gear Reviews, Gear & Reviews, Photography Equipment, Darkroom >
- Petapixel 20:34May 9, 2022Iceland Hotel Offering 10-Day Stay in Exchange for Landscape PhotosHotel Ranga, a lodge located on the southern coast of Iceland, is looking for one photographer who is willing to trade landscape photos of the region in exchange for round trip airfare to and room and board in the land of fire and ice.
< News, Travel, hotelranga, iceland, icelandic, landscape, landscapephotography, midnightsun, travel >
- C-Heads Magazine 16:37May 9, 2022Hope"She is Hope and this series is about our longing to stay pure, to find our essence. Presenting the natural world around and within us she is the embodiment of freedom and feminine spirit. The Hope for the future, restoring balance and beauty." explains photographer Roos Shoshana to us about her new series taken in Mexico starring beauty Hope photographed for Atelier Wanderblend. A truly inspiring series about hope, femininity, earth and the illusion of time.
The post Hope appeared first on C-Heads Magazine.
< Photography, Roos Shoshana >
- PopPhoto 15:00May 8, 2022Katie Golobic captures the sacred chaos of being a mother"To Infinity". Katie Golobic Her B&W images strip away the veneer of perfection in favor of real moments.
The post Katie Golobic captures the sacred chaos of being a mother appeared first on Popular Photography.
< Features, How To, Inspiration, Photography Tips, Portrait Photography, Interview >
- C-Heads Magazine 00:28May 8, 2022“Passion means the urge to just have to do something.” The world of Jonas SchildersJonas chats with us about the importance of being present and living in the moment, and how seeing everything afresh without judgment and worry lets us experience life rather than simply get through it. Giving us a glimpse into his creative process and inspiration, where fluidity is the palate that understands the inevitable human need for life-sustaining cool waters and clashing waves.
The post “Passion means the urge to just have to do something.” The world of Jonas Schilders appeared first on C-Heads Magazine.
< Photography, Jonas, Jonas Schilders >
- PopPhoto 15:00May 7, 2022The future of photography may be lenslessFirst row: The subjects. Second row: Patterns captured by the sensor. Remaining rows: The reconstructed images. Xiuxi Pan from Tokyo TechResearchers at Tokyo Tech are pioneering novel imaging technology that can create accurate photos, without the need for a lens. The post The future of photography may be lensless appeared first on Popular Photography.
< Cameras, Gear, News, Computational Photography >
- The Independent Feed 02:01May 7, 2022How the climate crisis is tipping the balance to threaten Cambodia’s fishing communitiesThese photographs document how climate change is creating an ecological crisis for the Tonle Sap lake in Cambodia, and the struggles of the local communities whose livelihoods are now under threat
< Photography, Culture >
- Petapixel 22:19May 6, 2022ORWO Announces Wolfen NP100 B&W 35mm Film, Its First in 50 YearsThe German black-and-white film brand ORWO has announced Wolfen NP100, a new ISO 100 black-and-white 35mm film. It's the first professionally finished film launched by the company in 50 years.
< Equipment, Industry, News, 35mmfilm, analogrevolution, blackandwhitefilm, blackandwhitephotography, film, filmphotography, filmstock, ORWO, ORWOWolfenNP100, wolfennp100 >
- Flashbak 20:54May 6, 2022A Walk Down Portobello Road In 1987It’s morning in West London in 1987, and we’re on a walk around Portobello Road with photographer Peter Marshall. This is where Mick Jagger took a dirty bath, Hawkwind resided under the Westway – where London burned for The Clash – and we hummed The Cocoa Song from Moon Over Water as the traffic thundered overhead … Continue reading "A Walk Down Portobello Road In 1987"
The post A Walk Down Portobello Road In 1987 appeared first on Flashbak.
< 1980s, Business And Work, London, Music, photographs, Shopping, Travel And Places, markets, Notting Hill, Peter Marshall, snapshots, street photography >
- The Guardian(UK) 19:49May 5, 2022Pets at polling stations for local elections and NI assembly – in picturesDogs were out in force at local elections taking place across England, Wales and Scotland and for the Northern Ireland assembly Continue reading...
< Local elections 2022, Dogs, UK news, Photography, Local elections, Pets, Local politics, Politics >
- Petapixel 19:36May 5, 2022Bride Shocked to Find ‘Crazy Eyes’ Photoshopped Into Wedding PhotosA bride recently got an eye-opening surprise when she reviewed her wedding photos and noticed that something was off -- fake "crazy eyes" had been poorly Photoshopped onto attendees who had blinked.
< Culture, News, blinking, bride, fail, funny, hilarious, oops, photoshop, photoshopfail, weddingphotography >
- Petapixel 17:56May 5, 2022A Wildlife Photographer Turns His Lens on Cheetah ConservationWildlife photographer Donal Boyd transposes the beauty of African animals into fine art. But his short videos help tell a more complete story behind the conservation work he supports.
< News, Spotlight, Travel, behindthescenes, cheetah, conservation, donalboyd, namibia, naturephotography, wildlife, wildlifeconservation, wildlifephotography, wildlifevideography >
- Petapixel 22:24May 4, 2022Newly Developed Camera Can Take In-Focus Photos Without a LensDue to physical limitations, cameras can only become so small before they simply cannot shrink anymore. But a new lensless camera design could change that.
< Equipment, News, Technology, ai, algorithms, artificialintelligence, lenslesscameras, machinelearning, photography, photographyresearch, research, visiontransformers >
- PopPhoto 21:45May 4, 2022How to digitize any instant photo in three easy stepsIt took me less than 10 seconds to digitize this Instax Mini print of Belvedere. Dan BracagliaThe free PhotoScan app uses computational photography to create high-quality digital copies of any instant photo. The post How to digitize any instant photo in three easy steps appeared first on Popular Photography.
< Film Photography, How To, Inspiration, DIY >
- Petapixel 19:43May 4, 2022Artist Builds a Scrap Metal Camera with Working Flash and Shutter ButtonScrap metal artist and ASE-certified technician Christopher Bissett has built a camera out of scrap metal that features a "working" flash and shutter button.
< Do It Yourself, News, Products, camera, ChrisBissett, DIY, JunkCamera, MetalPhotos, photography, ScrapMetal, youtube >
- PopPhoto 15:00May 4, 2022Carla Coulson’s floral portraits capture the beauty—and fragility—of being a young womanL-R: "On My Way," "Great Future Ahead," and "See Me". Carla Coulson The Europe-based, Australian-born photographer is on a mission to encourage women—and fellow creatives—that their stories, dreams, and projects have value.
The post Carla Coulson’s floral portraits capture the beauty—and fragility—of being a young woman appeared first on Popular Photography.
< Features, How To, Inspiration, Photography Tips, Portrait Photography, Interview >
- Petapixel 21:14May 3, 2022Photographer Who Charges Plus-Sized Models More Sues for DefamationThe photographer who faced strong criticism for charging extra to take photos of plus-sized models has filed a $1.5 million lawsuit against the agent and model that publicized his test shoot rates.
< Culture, Law, News, agency, body, bodydiversity, controversy, diversity, fashion, fashionphotography, law, lawsuit, legal, model, modeling >
- C-Heads Magazine 17:46May 3, 2022Cover Me in PinkWhen the world weighs
heavily on us,
we still one day
need to be
in love with the world
again. And believe that
all the colours will
shine over the grey.
The post Cover Me in Pink appeared first on C-Heads Magazine.
< Photography, Thought-provoking, Steh Meyer >
- Petapixel 19:12May 2, 2022Physicist Combines 32 Years of Hubble Telescope Photos Into One ImageHubble recently celebrated 32 years of imaging the sky, which has resulted in over 1.4 million observations. Physicist Casey Handmer combined those observations into a single image to see how much of the sky Hubble had actually captured.
< News, Spotlight, astrophotography, combined, data, galaxy, hubble, hubblespacetelescope, observations >
- Petapixel 17:58May 2, 2022ESA Solar Orbiter Captures the Highest-Res Photo of the Whole Sun EverThe European Space Agency (ESA) has released the highest resolution photo ever taken of the Sun that includes its full disc, outer atmosphere, and corona that has ever been captured.
< News, Spotlight, astrophotography, detail, esa, eui, europeanspaceagency, extremeultravioletimager, highresolution, NASA, solar, solarorbiter, space, sun >
- C-Heads Magazine 17:44May 2, 2022“Keep your eyes around your head” – A series by Paula Mroczkowska"I always try to keep my eyes open! There's a huge amount of inspiration all around. It's funny - while looking for inspiration for this particular photo shoot, I found images that inspired me to do something else. I love it." tells us Paula Mroczkowska when introducing her absorbing photo series with model Marysia Nizińska.
The post “Keep your eyes around your head” – A series by Paula Mroczkowska appeared first on C-Heads Magazine.
< Photography, Thought-provoking, Paula Mroczkowska >
- C-Heads Magazine 15:37May 2, 2022A moment with SabrinaArnold Beuls alias That Arnold is a Belgian photographer who’s been living in Spain for about 5 years now. “This was the first time shooting with Sabrina, who apparently lives 300 meters from where I live. That was a nice surprise. She’s originally from Valencia but is currently studying Law in London and was back home for a week or two to see her family here.” he tells us.
The post A moment with Sabrina appeared first on C-Heads Magazine.
< Photography, That Arnold >
- Flashbak 11:47May 2, 2022An English Student’s Street Photographs of Edinburgh In the 1950s and 1960s“I love the people” – Robert Blomfield on Edinburgh, March 1966 Robert Blomfield’s photographs take us to Edinburgh between 1957 and 1966. Born in Leeds in 1938, Bloomfield studied medicine in Scotland’s capital. He took pictures for pleasure, recording things that caught his eye. Never exhibited during his lifetime, once his prints were dry, … Continue reading "An English Student’s Street Photographs of Edinburgh In the 1950s and 1960s"
The post An English Student’s Street Photographs of Edinburgh In the 1950s and 1960s appeared first on Flashbak.
< 1950s, 1960s, photographs, Travel And Places, cities, Edinburgh, Scotland, street photography, UK >
- Guardian 11:00May 2, 2022How to take great photos – tips from an award-winning photographerBe bold and get close, try wide-angle lenses, and see if you can operate your camera on manualThe award-winning Guardian photographer David Levene offers tips on how to get a good picture. Continue reading...
< Photography, Consumer affairs, Money, UK news >