- Snopes 16:20April 28, 2022Survivors Unite to Deliver Message on Holocaust RemembranceHolocaust survivors across the world have united to deliver a message on the dangers of unchecked hate and the importance of remembrance at a time of rising global antisemitism.
< Holocaust Remembrance Day >
- Breitbart News 23:02November 14, 2021Three Arrested Under Terrorism Act Following Deadly UK Hospital Blast, No Descriptions GivenPolice have arrested three men under the Terrorism Act following a deadly car explosion at Liverpool Women's Hospital, but no description of the suspects has been given beyond their sex and age.
< Law and Order, London / Europe, Politics, Britain, Counter-Terrorism, Greater Manchester Police, hospitals, Liverpool Women's Hospital, Merseyside Police, remembrance day, Remembrance Sunday, Social Cohesion, terrorism, Terrorists, United Kingdom >
- The Guardian 12:48November 14, 2021Queen pulls out of Remembrance Sunday events with sprained backPalace says there was last-minute change of plan and Prince Charles will lay wreath on her behalfThe Queen has pulled out of Remembrance Sunday commemorations after spraining her back.The monarch, 95, has been under doctors’ orders to rest for almost a month after spending a night in hospital in October, but was due to attend a service at the Cenotaph in London on Sunday. Continue reading...
< The Queen, Remembrance Day, Monarchy, UK news, London >
- The Guardian 03:09November 14, 2021Queen to attend Remembrance Sunday service at CenotaphMonarch will lead commemoration of war dead at National Service of Remembrance in London, despite recent order to restThe Queen will attend the Remembrance Sunday service at the Cenotaph, leading the nation in commemorating the war dead. The monarch, 95, has been under doctors’ orders to rest for almost a month. She spent a night in hospital on 20 October undergoing preliminary tests.The event will be given added poignancy by a return to pre-pandemic numbers of participating veterans and military, as well as onlookers. Continue reading...
< Monarchy, Remembrance Day, The Queen, UK news, London >
- The Guardian(UK) 09:00November 10, 2021Records of 320,000 Punjab soldiers from first world war uncoveredMilitary files of Indian troops left unread in Pakistan museum for 97 years go onlineThe records of 320,000 troops from the Punjab who fought in the first world war, left unread in a basement for 97 years, have been disclosed by UK-based historians to offer new insight into the contribution of Indian soldiers to the allied war effort.Files found in the depths of the Lahore Museum in Pakistan have been digitised and uploaded on to a website in time for Armistice Day on Thursday. Continue reading...
< First world war, India, Pakistan, British empire, Remembrance Day, University of Greenwich, UK news, South and Central Asia, World news, Museums >