- New York Magazine 19:26April 26, 2021Supreme Court Accepts Case That Could Overturn State Gun LawsA New York concealed-carry licensing regulation that requires demonstration of a distinctive need for self-defense outside the home could soon fall.
< politics, second amendment, guns, gun violence, district of columbia v. heller, concealed-carry laws, brett kavanaugh, amy coney barrett, john roberts, clarence thomas, samuel alito, u.s. supreme court >
- New York Magazine 14:00April 6, 2021Why Is the Supreme Court Hesitating on Abortion?With a solidly anti-choice bloc on the bench, a decision on whether to hear a big case is all the more mysterious.
< politics, supreme court, abortion, roe v. wade, planned parenthood v. casey, dobbs v. jackson women's health organization, hellerstedt v. whole women's health, june medical services v. russo, john roberts, stephen breyer, brett kavanaugh, amy comey barrett, clarence thomas, samuel alito, neil gorsuch, harry blackmun, mississippi >
- New York Magazine 02:00January 23, 2021Can Biden and Democrats Protect Abortion Rights From Trump’s Judges?The worst was averted when Trump lost and Democrats won control of the Senate. But an anti-abortion majority on the Supreme Court could strike soon.
< politics, abortion, roe v. wade, joe biden, kamala harris, u.s. supreme court, stephen breyer, john roberts, clarence thomas, amy coney barrett, brett kavanaugh, neil gorsuch, planned parenthood v. casey, samuel alito, june medical services v. russo, donald trump, ruth bader ginsburg >
- New York Magazine 03:53December 12, 2020Supreme Court Drop Kicks Texas Lawsuit to Overturn the Election for TrumpA legal effort to keep Trump in power attracted huge Republican support. But the president’s favorite justices wouldn’t even hear it.
< politics, vision 2020, donald trump, joe biden, u.s. supreme court, contested election, ken paxton, texas v. pennsylvania, samuel alito, clarence thomas, amy coney barrett, neil gorsuch, brett kavanaugh >
- New York Magazine 21:32December 7, 2020Tuesday’s ‘Safe Harbor’ Deadline Should End Trump’s Failed CoupNearly every state has certified its results and electors, which — after December 8 — should cut off further challenges.
< politics, contested election, donald trump, joe biden, safe harbor deadline, state certification of electors, electoral college, pennsylvania, arizona, u.s. supreme court, samuel alito, mike kelly, rudy giuliani >