- Snopes 19:07May 13, 2021Justices Consider Hearing a Case on ‘Most Offensive Word’The case is a test of whether the justices are willing to wade into the ongoing, complex conversations about race happening nationwide.
< supreme court >
- Business Insider 16:32May 9, 2021Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer should just retire alreadyDemocrats are barely holding onto the Senate. So the right time for Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer to retire is now.
< Opinion, Politics, Opinion, BI Commentary, columnist, Stephen Breyer, Supreme Court, Politics, Senate Democrats, Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Brett Kavanaugh >
- Breitbart News 16:38May 5, 2021Facebook 'Supreme Court' Upholds the Blacklisting of Donald TrumpFacebook's "Supreme Court" has upheld Mark Zuckerberg's blacklisting of former President Donald Trump's accounts temporarily, giving Facebook another six months to announce whether it will be lifting the suspension or deleting Trump's pages.
< Economy, Politics, Tech, Censorship, Donald Trump, Facebook, Facebook Supreme Court, Free Speech Online, Mark Zuckerberg, Masters of the Universe >
- Breitbart News 18:12May 3, 2021Facebook 'Supreme Court' Will Announce Decision on Trump Blacklisting WednesdayThe Facebook "Supreme Court" will announce its final decision on former President Trump's Facebook account on Wednesday morning, according to a recent announcement.
< Economy, Politics, Tech, Censorship, Donald Trump, Facebook, Facebook Supreme Court, Free Speech Online, Instagram, Mark Zuckerberg, Masters of the Universe, Twitter, YouTube >
- Business Insider 16:34May 2, 2021America hasn't addressed its brutal gun violence crisis because of cowardly, callous leadership. It's time for someone to be courageous.Gun deaths keep adding up and yet leaders do nothing to address the problem. How much tragedy would finally force this country to make real change?
< Opinion, Politics, News, gun violence, Joe Biden, Gun Control, Second Amendment, Supreme Court, Mass Shootings, BI Commentary, Opinion >
- New York Magazine 01:17April 30, 2021Kris Kobach Won’t Go AwayThe Republican Party’s gift that keeps on giving to Kansas Democrats is running for attorney general.
< politics, kansas, 2022 midterms, kris kobach, sam brownback, nativism, presidential commission on election integrity, laura kelly, jeff colyer, roger marshall, pat roberts, donald trump, sb 1070, voter fraud, u.s. supreme court >
- Snopes 22:23April 29, 2021An Unusual Coalition As Supreme Court Rules for ImmigrantBy a 6-3 vote, the court sided with Agusto Niz-Chavez, a Guatemalan immigrant who has been in the United States since 2005.
< immigration, supreme court >
- New York Magazine 19:26April 26, 2021Supreme Court Accepts Case That Could Overturn State Gun LawsA New York concealed-carry licensing regulation that requires demonstration of a distinctive need for self-defense outside the home could soon fall.
< politics, second amendment, guns, gun violence, district of columbia v. heller, concealed-carry laws, brett kavanaugh, amy coney barrett, john roberts, clarence thomas, samuel alito, u.s. supreme court >
- Snopes 18:57April 26, 2021Supreme Court to Take Up Right to Carry Gun for Self-DefenseThe case, which reviews a ruling on New York's restrictive gun permit laws, probably will be argued in the fall.
< gun control, supreme court >
- Snopes 17:03April 26, 2021Student’s Snapchat Profanity Leads to Supreme Court Speech CaseAt issue is whether public schools can discipline students over something they say off-campus.
< snapchat, supreme court >
- Business Insider 16:44April 26, 2021The Supreme Court will decide if New York's limits on concealed carry violate the Second AmendmentNY State Rifle & Pistol Assoc. v. Corlett raises the question of whether there is a constitutional right to carry guns outside the home.
< Politics, Speed, Breaking, Supreme Court, Second Amendment >
- Breitbart News 04:45April 23, 2021Ted Cruz: Republicans Did Not Try to Pack Court, Democrats 'Trying to Rig the Game'Republicans did not try to pack the Supreme Court when they controlled Washington, Sen. Ted Cruz said during a press conference on Thursday, contending Democrats are "trying to rig the game" because they know voters will not support their radical agenda.
< Politics, court-packing, Democrats, SCOTUS, Supreme Court, Ted Cruz >
- New York Magazine 23:03April 19, 2021Justice Barrett Gets Big Book Deal to Tell Readers What They Don’t Want to HearThe justice’s book will explain that personal feelings don’t matter to judges. Her assumed personal feelings on abortion are why she’s on the Court.
< politics, supreme court, amy coney barrett, roe v. wade, donald trump, catholicism, elizabeth warren >
- Business Insider 17:50April 19, 2021Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett gets $2 million advance for a book deal, according to new reportThe $2 million figure is significantly higher than what Barrett's colleagues Clarence Thomas and Sonia Sotomayor received for their books.
< Politics, Supreme Court, Amy Coney Barrett, book advance >
- Breitbart News 16:19April 19, 2021Exclusive: Republican Attorneys General Plan to Fight ‘Insane’ Court-Packing BattleRepublican attorneys general (AGs) across the country are prepared to fight the recently introduced court-packing legislation, as indicated by their vocal statements of opposition to it, endorsements of the Keep Nine amendment, and vows to explore legal routes to challenge the legislation.
< Politics, Attorneys General, court-packing, Dave Yost, Democrats, Ed Markey, Eric Schmitt, Keep Nine Amendment, Leslie Rutledge, On the Hill, Steve Marshall, Supreme Court >
- Breitbart News 01:57April 19, 2021Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Backs Court-packing; Says Courts Should Not Overrule LegislatureRep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) has backed Democrats' effort to pack the Supreme Court by adding four new seats that would be filled by President Joe Biden, arguing the courts should not be allowed to overturn laws passed by Congress.
< Politics, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, AOC, court-packing, judicial review, Supreme Court >
- Business Insider 21:52April 18, 2021New poll indicates most Americans want to end lifetime appointments for Supreme Court justicesThe poll also showed 38% of respondents supported an expansion of the court from nine to 13 members, while 42% opposed the idea.
< Politics, Supreme Court, Supreme Court justices, President Joe Biden, Mondaire Jones >
- Breitbart News 19:17April 17, 2021Rick Scott: 'It'll Be Pretty Easy' to Force Dems to Vote on Court-Packing, We Can 'Make Them Vote on Anything' During ReconciliationOn Friday’s “Hugh Hewitt Show,” Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL) said that it will “be pretty easy” to get Senate Democrats on the record on court-packing and that when Democrats attempt to pass legislation through budget reconciliation again, “we’ll have the
< Clips, Politics, court-packing, Democrats, Rick Scott, Supreme Court >
- Breitbart News 19:12April 17, 2021Exclusive — Carrie Severino: Court Packing Will Rubber Stamp D.C. StatehoodCourt packing could make the Supreme Court a "rubber stamp" for Democrats' push for statehood for Washington, DC, warned Carrie Severino.
< Politics, Arabella Advisors, Breitbart News Daily, Carrie Severino, court-packing, D.C. statehood, Joe Biden, Judicial Crisis Network, judiciary, Supreme Court, U.S. Supreme Court >
- Business Insider 18:07April 17, 2021Democratic Rep. Mondaire Jones calls on Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer to retire"Justice Breyer, for whom I have great respect, should retire at the end of this term," Jones said. "My goodness, have we not learned our lesson?"
< Politics, Mondaire Jones, Stephen Breyer, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Supreme Court, President Joe Biden >
- Breitbart News 05:09April 17, 2021GOP Sen. Marshall: Far-Left Trying to Gain Leverage over SCOTUS with Court-Packing ThreatFriday, Sen. Roger Marshall (R-KS) discussed efforts from congressional Democrats to add more justices to the Supreme Court and how that reflected the power grabs underway from his counterparts on the other side of the aisle.
< Clips, Politics, Fox Business Network, Mornings with Maria, Roger Marshall, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Supreme Court >
- Breitbart News 15:36April 16, 2021McCarthy: 'Do Not Trust Nancy Pelosi' on Claim She Won't Act on Court-PackingThursday on FNC's "Hannity," House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) suggested opponents of court-packing should not rest easy despite House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's pledge not to pursue Democrat proposals to expand the number of justices on the U.S. Supreme Court.
< Clips, Politics, court-packing, Fox News Channel, Hannity, Kevin McCarthy, Nancy Pelosi, Sean Hannity, Supreme Court >
- Business Insider 05:26April 16, 2021Lauren Boebert says adding Supreme Court judges is an 'act of political terrorism'Boebert was criticizing a move by House Democrats to expand the Supreme Court from nine to 13 justices.
< News, Politics, InsiderAsia, Lauren Boebert, Supreme Court >
- Breitbart News 01:44April 16, 2021Liberal Justice Breyer and the Late Justice Ginsburg Opposed Packing SCOTUS: 'A Bad Idea'Left-wing Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer recently warned against leftists' calls to pack the Court and before her death, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg also voiced opposition to it.
< Health, Politics, Pre-Viral, court-packing, Democrats, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen Breyer, Supreme Court >
- Breitbart News 01:26April 16, 2021Cuellar: Reject Court-Packing and 'Have Elections Have Consequences'On Thursday’s broadcast of the Fox Business Network’s “Mornings with Maria,” Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-TX) said that court-packing should be rejected and “have elections have consequences.” Cuellar said, “[O]n the packing the court, honestly, I think it’s a bad idea.
< Clips, Politics, court-packing, Henry Cuellar, Supreme Court >
- Breitbart News 00:26April 16, 2021Rep. Mondaire Jones: 'We Can’t Have Nice Things' Without Packing the Supreme CourtRep. Mondaire Jones (D-NY) said Americans could not have "nice things" without packing the Supreme Court during Thursday's legislation's announcement.
< Politics, court-packing, infrastructure, Kirsten Gillibrand, Mondaire Jones, Nancy Pelosi, Supreme Court >
- Breitbart News 00:01April 16, 2021Dem Rep. Khanna: Court-Packing Will 'Further Polarize and Tear Apart' CountryOn Thursday’s broadcast of Fox News Radio’s “Brian Kilmeade Show,” Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA) stated that he supports term limits for Supreme Court justices over expanding the court, and that “if you try to expand it right now, that’s going
< Clips, Politics, court-packing, Ro Khanna, Supreme Court >
- Breitbart News 21:48April 15, 2021Nancy Pelosi: Court-Packing Legislation Is 'Not Out of the Question'House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) on Thursday said legislation designed to expand the Supreme Court is "not out of the question."
< Politics, court-packing, Nancy Pelosi, Stephen Breyer, Supreme Court >
- Breitbart News 21:35April 15, 2021Ed Markey: Four Additional Biden-Appointed Supreme Court Justices Will 'Reflect the Values' of AmericansSen. Ed Markey (D-MA) joined his Democrat colleagues on Thursday, unveiling the left's proposal, the Judiciary Act Of 2021, to expand the Supreme Court to 13 justices instead of nine, contending it would "rightfully reflect the values of the majority of the American people."
< Politics, court-packing, Ed Markey, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen Breyer, Supreme Court >
- Breitbart News 21:29April 15, 2021Democrats Admit to Packing Supreme Court for Political Reasons: 'Mitch McConnell and Donald Trump Broke the Court'Democrats admitted radical legislation to pack the Supreme Court is for political reasons during a press conference Thursday.
< Politics, court-packing, Ed Markey, Hank Johnson, Jerry Nadler, Mitch McConnell, Mondaire Jones, Supreme Court >
- Business Insider 18:49April 15, 2021Speaker Pelosi throws cold water on a progressive bill that would expand the Supreme Court to 13 seatsPelosi said she supports Biden's commission that will study court reform, but has "no plans" to bring the legislation to the House floor for a vote.
< Politics, Nancy Pelosi, Supreme Court, Congress >
- Breitbart News 17:00April 15, 2021Democrat Rep. Mondaire Jones: 'Supreme Court Expansion Is Infrastructure'Rep. Mondaire Jones (D-NY) took to social media Wednesday and announced, "Supreme Court expansion is infrastructure," shortly after news emerged Democrats intend to roll out a court-packing bill this week to increase justices from nine to 13.
< Politics, court-packing, infrastructure, Mondaire Jones, U.S. Supreme Court >
- New York Magazine 06:23April 15, 2021Democrats to Introduce Bill Expanding Supreme Court to 13 JusticesThe bill is dead on arrival, but it could revive SCOTUS reform efforts that gained momentum after the rushed nomination of Amy Coney Barrett.
< supreme court, scotus >
- Business Insider 05:52April 15, 2021Congressional Democrats plan to introduce bill that would add four more justices to the Supreme Court, per reportCongress has the power to set the number of justices and the count previously fluctuated before settling on nine in 1869.
< Politics, Supreme Court, Justices, Democrats, Supreme Court justices >
- The Guardian(UK) 05:27April 15, 2021Democrats plan to unveil legislation to expand the US supreme court by four seatsProposal, aimed at breaking up a conservative majority on the court, is predicted to draw opposition from RepublicansDemocrats are planning to introduce a bill to expand the supreme court – proposing to add four justices to the US’s highest court. Continue reading...
< US supreme court, Democrats, US Congress, US politics, Law (US), US news >
- Breitbart News 03:30April 15, 2021Report: Democrats to Unveil Court-packing Bill; Expands Supreme Court to 13Democrats will reportedly unveil a bill Thursday to pack the Supreme Court by expanding the number of justices from nine to thirteen, with the four new vacancies to be filled immediately by President Joe Biden and the Democrat-controlled Senate.
< 2020 Election, Politics, court-packing, Ed Markey, Jerry Nadler, Joe Biden, Supreme Court, The Intercept >
- Business Insider 16:18April 14, 2021The Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled Gov. Evers doesn't have authority to limit restaurant capacity during the COVID-19 pandemicThe court found that the governor needed the approval of the GOP-led state legislature before enacting the restrictions.
< Politics, News, Speed, Wisconsin, coronavirus, wisconsin supreme court >
- New York Magazine 00:03April 11, 2021Supreme Court Again Sides With Worshippers Over Public Health OrdersThe Court’s conservative majority ruled that California’s pandemic restrictions on at-home gatherings could not apply to religious activity.
< u.s. supreme coiurt, religion, pandemic, coronavirus, covid-19, politics, supreme court, public health >
- Breitbart News 20:00April 10, 2021SCOTUS: California Must Allow In-Home Religious GatheringsThe Supreme Court ruled in a 5-4 decision late on Friday that California must lift its coronavirus pandemic restrictions on in-home religious gatherings and prayer meetings.
< Faith, Politics, Pre-Viral, California, coronavirus, Gavin Newsom, John Roberts, Religious freedom, Supreme Court >
- Breitbart News 23:26April 9, 2021Joe Biden Signs Executive Order to Study Packing the Supreme CourtIn October 2020, Biden said in an interview he would put together a “bipartisan commission” to address the Supreme Court "because it’s getting out of whack.”
< Politics, Joe Biden, Supreme Court >
- New York Magazine 20:16April 9, 2021Biden Creates Commission to Study Supreme Court ExpansionBiden said he would set up a bipartisan panel on the campaign trail amid pressure to embrace measures to counter the Court’s conservative tilt.
< joe biden, scotus, u.s. supreme court, politics >
- Business Insider 21:06April 8, 2021Trump's judicial appointments worsened racial diversity in the federal courtsOnly 37 of Trump's 229 active appointments are people of color - the least racially-diverse group of federal judges nominated in nearly three decades.
< Politics, News, Donald Trump, Supreme Court, Federal Court, appeals court, Judiciary, Joe Biden, Brett Kavanaugh, Amy Coney Barrett, Neil Gorsuch, Congress, INSIDER Data, federal judiciary >
- New York Magazine 00:28April 8, 2021Justice Breyer Is Missing the Point on Court PackingThe justice’s warning against proposed structural changes to the Supreme Court confuses remedies for politicization with causes.
< politics, u.s. supreme court, stephen breyer, court-packing, fdr, owen roberts, donald trump, joe biden, lochner era >
- New York Magazine 14:00April 6, 2021Why Is the Supreme Court Hesitating on Abortion?With a solidly anti-choice bloc on the bench, a decision on whether to hear a big case is all the more mysterious.
< politics, supreme court, abortion, roe v. wade, planned parenthood v. casey, dobbs v. jackson women's health organization, hellerstedt v. whole women's health, june medical services v. russo, john roberts, stephen breyer, brett kavanaugh, amy comey barrett, clarence thomas, samuel alito, neil gorsuch, harry blackmun, mississippi >
- Business Insider 19:39April 5, 2021Google extends its 5-day streak to 10% after US Supreme Court hands the tech giant victory in $9 billion battle with OracleGoogle's use of Oracle's Java code has been ruled "fair use" by the US Supreme Court, ending a decade-long legal battle between the two tech giants.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Google, Oracle, Google stock, google stock price, Oracle stock, Supreme Court, supreme court hearing, googl stock, Alphabet, Fair Use >
- Business Insider 18:10April 5, 2021The Supreme Court dismissed as moot a First Amendment case over Trump blocking his critics on TwitterThe Court cited the "change in presidential administrations" for the dismissal, but Trump has also been banned from the social media platform.
< Politics, Tech Insider, News, Supreme Court, President Donald Trump, Twitter >
- Business Insider 17:19April 5, 2021The Supreme Court just ruled in favor of Google in its legal battle with Oracle, ending a 10-year fight over the future of softwareThe court ruled that Google's use of Oracle-developed Java code "did not violate the copyright law" and was done under fair use provisions.
< Enterprise, Tech Insider, News, Politics, Oracle, Google, Java, Supreme Court >
- New York Magazine 19:54April 1, 2021Virginia Court Paves Way for Removal of Confederate Statues In CharlottesvilleIt’s another blow to the neo-Confederate effort to promote white supremacy via exaltation of the Lost Cause.
< politics, confederate monuments, robert e. lee, stonwall jackson, neo-conferates, charlottesville riots, unite the right, heather heyer, donald trump, viriginia supreme court >
- Business Insider 17:36April 1, 2021Supreme Court rules Facebook's automated text system doesn't count as robocalling, handing major win to people who want to spam your phoneThe US Supreme Court ruled that Facebook's text alerts on suspicious logins do not qualify as robocalls.
< Politics, News, Supreme Court, US Supreme Court, Opinions, Politics >
- Breitbart News 06:44March 30, 2021Report: Supreme Court Will Consider Kentucky Abortion CaseThe Supreme Court will address a procedural question of who can defend state abortion restrictions. The case, Cameron v. EMW Women’s Surgical Center, weighs Kentucky’s prohibition on surgical abortion used after 15 weeks of pregnancy.
< Podcast, Science, Abortion, Daniel Cameron, John Roberts, Kentucky, Marjorie Dannenfelser, Matt Bevin, SCOTUS, sixth circuit, Supreme Court >