- Business Insider 23:40April 28, 2021At least 8 million tax returns are in limbo at the IRS because of the pandemic, delaying refundsAs of April 9, the IRS had over 29 million tax returns awaiting manual review. At least 8 million are related to coronavirus tax relief.
< Personal Finance, Taxes, Taxes, Tax day 2021, Tax Season, Tax Returns, IRS, IRS tax refund schedule, Tax Refunds, Recovery rebate credit, Earned Income Tax Credit, Taxpayer advocate >
- Business Insider 17:51March 15, 2021Nearly 7 million tax returns haven't been processed by the IRS because of stimulus changesLawmakers requested the IRS extend the tax filing deadline and remove the requirement to file amended tax returns to account for the stimulus changes.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Biden, IRS, Taxes, Tax Returns, Stimulus, American Rescue Plan, Richard Neal, Bill Pascrell, Dick Durbin, Unemployment benefits, coronavirus stimulus >
- Breitbart News 20:17February 22, 2021Supreme Court Allows Subpoena of Trump's Tax Returns to ContinueSupreme Court will allow a subpoena of former President Donald Trump’s tax returns to continue, clearing the way for prosecutors in New York to receive eight years of the ex-president's tax returns and financial records.
< Crime, Law and Order, Politics, investigation, Southern District of New York, subpoena, Supreme Court, tax returns >
- Business Insider 17:15January 23, 2021The IRS says it's ready to handle tax season and another stimulus check at the same timeEven with office closures in early 2020 pushing back tax season, IRS commissioner Charles Rettig says the IRS can handle the upcoming work.
< Politics, News, IRS, Tax Returns, Tax Season, Charles Rettig, stimulus check, President Biden >
- Business Insider 05:38January 23, 2021With Trump out of office, the Biden administration decides if Congress can have the ex-president's tax returnsHouse Democrats have for years tried to obtain the tax records that former President Donald Trump once promised he would release himself.
< Politics, Donald Trump, House Ways and Means Committee, IRS, Tax Returns, Trump tax returns, Biden administration >